Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (497) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (909297 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by bronze25(f): 7:35am On Oct 30, 2018
Congratulations
Claire40:
PPR IS HERE grin grin grin

IELTS – February 1st
ITA – February 21st
AOR – March 16th
IP2- October 23rd
PPR – October 24th

Finally Nairalanders, you guys are a fantastic bunch of people. Thanks to everyone that has helped in growing this express entry thread. It is a great source of information and was very helpful to me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by prost80(m): 7:35am On Oct 30, 2018
Hello All,

Again congratulations to all ITA clinchers.

I too just clinched my ITA. I have read the first page so I have a good idea what to do

I have a few questions, for ITA is there any difference paying for only the application fee now and the visa fee payment later or both payments made immediately. I will like to know if there is no drawback in this because the way money de flow , na to manage am oh

Also My international passport expires in july 2019 should I change it now or wait and how do I do that now , what difference will it make on processing and visa collection.

Any other advice will be appreciated

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 30, 2018
daks01:
You should’ve started WES since o but you can evaluate both, you can evaluate your msc alone or you can just close eyes and do the both of them now. Since it’s from the uk it’ll be fast
The question is how:
1. Www.wes.
2.fill your name
3.fill your address
4. Fill
5.Answer yes here, no there
6.payment,debit or credit cards or both
7.payment decline situations , owing to address problems
8.shipment, courier or standard mail
But you tried Shaa.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Luce: 7:38am On Oct 30, 2018
PPR!!!!!!!!!

Decision to migrate Feb 14
Ielts April 7
ITA June 13
AOR June 23
Request for further medical tests July 5
IP1 July 10
ADR (updated passport bio data page) Aug 1
ADR sent Aug 9
Gcms notes Ordered Aug 23
Received Sep 25 - everything good
Additional medicals result sent 27 Sep
MEP Oct 2 (when I noticed)
2nd gcms notes ordered Oct 18
IP2 Oct 23
Ghost Update Oct 24
PPR October 30 dated yesterday

Typing out this PPR announcement by faith today Oct 24 and hoping I get to post it before the week runs out.
IELTS : one attempt maxed out
WES : Took 3 whole months; felt like a mini PPR the day I got my report
Work experience : one year of housemanship
CRS : 456 ... the week I got my ITA, I had been so sure of it because it had been hovering in the 440s around that time but surprise of all surprises, that week it was 451! Couldn’t believe how close I had come to not getting it that week. Lol.
Did both medicals and PCC even before opening an express entry profile cos I thought it was so sure for me.
PCC : inspector moshood; the lady told me 7000, immediately I said “ahh that’s not what they said on the Canada group o”, the price changed to 4000. So make sure to state that’s how much you were told and how much you brought.
Medicals : Very nerve wracking experience; got a mail from CIC’s Regional Medical Office on July 5 that I needed additional medical tests. Went to Children’s practice and was told I needed to do sputum tests and a repeat X-ray that would take about 3 months and over 75k extra to complete. Thought it would completely stall my process so I was sad af! Cried my eyes out that day. But then a few days later, I got to IP1 so I heaved a sigh of relief knowing that my processing was still being carried out.
After IP1 the only other update I got was an ADR for a new passport since the old one was expiring in less than 5 months, quickly ran to ikoyi and the process took 8 days of calling and smiling with the man (as if I dint pay complete money o).
POF : About 65% gift deed from my mum. GCMS noted signed gift deed on file. Submitted GTB letter in CIC format and 6 months SOA, car sale docs and proof of ownership.
Read @wizean’s PPR announcement and decided to go and check my account too since CIC had refused to send me mail updates, saw an update. Had to log out and log in again to make sure it wasn’t a glitch that had made it permanent since yesterday. Lol.
Well obviously I dint get to post it last week Lool but it’s just as wonderful this week.
Grateful to God and everyone here; always used to be baffled when people knew next to nothing about the process then I remember most of the things I know were literally from reading page 1 of part 4 of this thread.

104 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ans123: 7:38am On Oct 30, 2018
Congrats to all all ITA clinchers.....@Joo2018 your selflessness has earned you this ITA...wishing you a speedy process.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 30, 2018
ijoseda:
ITA for 2018. January to October 2018.

1. What was the target for 2018?
Ans - 74,900. To put this in context, the target for 2017 was 71,700 but the actual ITA that was issued was 74,978. The target for 2019 is 81,400

2. How many more rounds of draws to go for the year?
Ans -

3. Is it likely to see a draw with more than 3900 invitation anytime soon?
Ans -

4. Is the cut-off likely to go below 440 anytime soon?
Ans -
I don't see it going below 440 any time soon.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ijoseda(m): 7:41am On Oct 30, 2018
The thing Pain me ehn! But on a brighter side, I just saved another 44k because I was planning to make such payment for my Madam and Sister. But I am wiser now!

By the way, Was this discussed anywhere from page 1-500? Let me know if the 22k na penalty for not reading the whole thread... grin grin grin

Ifeoma77:

Choi!! cry I'm calculating how many things you can do with that 22k cry
It is well sha
@ the bolded, Yes you are very correct.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Sthill5: 7:50am On Oct 30, 2018
daks01:
I think you should get as many as you can. You just need to convince the vo that the business exists.

Yes im working on 5.
I'll just do a mix of past and current clients.
Then screenshots of website and social media pages.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 7:53am On Oct 30, 2018
Congrat! Go and prosper!
Luce:
PPR!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Sthill5: 7:53am On Oct 30, 2018
Luce:
PPR!!!!!!!!!

Ielts April 7
ITA June 13
AOR June 23
IP1 July 10
ADR sent Aug 9
IP2 Oct 23
Ghost Update Oct 24

So will it be by God's grace...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 7:56am On Oct 30, 2018
His selflessness did not earn him ITA. He got ITA because he had the right CRS score. grin Thanks for the ginger though kiss
Congrats to my dear @joo2018
ans123:
Congrats to all all ITA clinchers.....@Joo2018 your selflessness has earned you this ITA...wishing you a speedy process.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by stonecoldcafe: 7:58am On Oct 30, 2018
Luce:
PPR!!!!!!!!!

Ielts April 7
ITA June 1ere literally from reading page 1 of part 4 of this thread.

Big congratulations. The further medical test may have scared you. The thought of "wetin una don see again oh" coupled with the extra fees. Thank God it ended in praise. At others awaiting PPR, una don type una testimony? LOL
Your expectations will not be cut short oh!

Congrats to all who had an upgrade
Congrats to ita clinchers in this last round
@Sthill5 and joo2018

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Threemg: 8:02am On Oct 30, 2018
Newmum0615:
His selflessness did not earn him ITA. He got ITA because he had the right CRS score. grin Thanks for the ginger though kiss

@NewMum0615 tun ti de o, ati selflessness abi selflessfulness ITA ni koko. Trust you are good sis. It appears to me say na ELEHA mode you dey now for this root thread as against the sister thread
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 8:05am On Oct 30, 2018
Bros of life. I am loyal sir.
Threemg:

@NewMum0615 tun ti de o, ati selflessness abi selflessfulness ITA ni koko. Trust you are good sis. It appears to me say na ELEHA mode you dey now for this root thread as against the sister thread
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 30, 2018
ijoseda:
The thing Pain me ehn! But on a brighter side, I just saved another 44k because I was planning to make such payment for my Madam and Sister. But I am wiser now!

By the way, Was this discussed anywhere from page 1-500? Let me know if the 22k na penalty for not reading the whole thread... grin grin grin

Yes, Newmum0615 and Elfmann had back and forth on it. If you search and read to understand, you will see all these.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 8:09am On Oct 30, 2018
Me?
ontarioissauga:

Yes, Newmum0615 and Elfmann had back and forth on it. If you search and read to understand, you will see all these.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Zebbosh: 8:09am On Oct 30, 2018
Please I’m finding it difficult to get my degree certificate. Can I use my notification of result instead?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by DrMrsCK: 8:14am On Oct 30, 2018
Luce:
PPR!!!!!!!!!

Ielts April 7
ITA June 13
AOR June 23
IP1 July 10
ADR sent Aug 9
IP2 Oct 23
Ghost Update Oct 24

Typing out this PPR announcement by faith today Oct 24 and hoping I get to post it before the week runs out.
IELTS : one attempt maxed out
WES : Took 3 whole months; felt like a mini PPR the day I got my report
Work experience : one year of housemanship
CRS : 456 ... the week I got my ITA, I had been so sure of it because it had been hovering in the 440s around that time but surprise of all surprises, that week it was 451! Couldn’t believe how close I had come to not getting it that week. Lol.
Did both medicals and PCC even before opening an express entry profile cos I thought it was so sure for me.
PCC : inspector moshood; the lady told me 7000, immediately I said “ahh that’s not what they said on the Canada group o”, the price changed to 4000. So make sure to state that’s how much you were told and how much you brought.
Medicals : Very nerve wracking experience; got a mail from CIC’s Regional Medical Office on July 5 that I needed additional medical tests. Went to Children’s practice and was told I needed to do sputum tests and a repeat X-ray that would take about 3 months and over 75k extra to complete. Thought it would completely stall my process so I was sad af! Cried my eyes out that day. But then a few days later, I got to IP1 so I heaved a sigh of relief knowing that my processing was still being carried out.
After IP1 the only other update I got was an ADR for a new passport since the old one was expiring in less than 5 months, quickly ran to ikoyi and the process took 8 days of calling and smiling with the man (as if I dint pay complete money o).
Read @wizean’s PPR announcement and decided to go and check my account too since CIC had refused to send me mail updates, saw an update. Had to log out and log in again to make sure it wasn’t a glitch that had made it permanent since yesterday. Lol.
Well obviously I dint get to post it last week Lool but it’s just as wonderful this week.
Grateful to God and everyone here; always used to be baffled when people knew next to nothing about the process then I remember most of the things I know were literally from reading page 1 of part 4 of this thread.

Congratulations!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by extraterestrial: 8:15am On Oct 30, 2018
IP2 finally
AOR 7th July
LO: Ottawa grin
Must announce ppr in this part 5 ooo

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ijoseda(m): 8:15am On Oct 30, 2018
Na wa o!!! Ewo tun ni 'read to understand'? Mo ni comprehension problem ni yen o.

I was already scolding myself for the 'mistake', and I don't think you needed to 'rub' it in further.

Cheers
ontarioissauga:

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ans123: 8:22am On Oct 30, 2018
Newmum0615:

@Newmum0615 all join na grin cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mankind5050(m): 8:24am On Oct 30, 2018
*For people who keep asking the steps for PR, Kindly read this*

What is a step by step procedure for Canada express entry?

Step 1: Take IELTS and attain CLB 9 (viz: band score of 8777 in LRWS)

CLB 9 gives candidates additional language points boost of 50–60 points. If you are able to reach the score of 440+ without CLB 9, that is fine too.

Cost - Approx 200 CAD every time you take IELTS.

Step 2: Get your ECA done (6–8 weeks)

ECA is Education Credential Assessment. It is done by multiple organisations (WES one of them) and provides you the Canadian equivalent degree assessment of your native country education.

Cost - Approx 285 CAD. (200 CAD Fee + 85 CAD International Result Delivery)

Step 3: Create EE profile on CIC website with your attained IELTS score and ECA

Making a profile enters you in the pool of candidates waiting for the ITA (Invitation to Apply). Make sure all the information mentioned in the profile is accurate as you will be asked to provide proof of all that information once you are selected.

Cost - 0

Step 4: Wait for the draw to reach your score and receive ITA afterwards

The ROI (Rounds of Invidation) happens every 3–4 weeks. The Canadian govt declares the min cut off score of the EE profile and all the candidates having that score or score more than it will get ITA. The score varies and is tweaked to meet the usual 2800–3000 applicants quota per ROI.

Cost - 0

Step 5: Post ITA, you get 2 months to submit your documents

After candidates receive ITA, they are suppose to provide documents and proofs of all the information mentioned in their profile along with few others. The documents/information needed from the candidates are:

Scan of Travel Document (Passport) of all applicants
Digital Photograph of all applicants
Proof of Employment of primary applicant
Proof of Funds of primary applicant
Proof of Medical of all applicants
Proof of Education & IELTS of all applicants
Police Clearance Certificate (From all countries where you have resided for 6 months or more) of all applicants
Cost varies as Medical cost, PCC fees, Notarization fees etc varies on location. Ideally, all expenses should be covered within 300–350 CAD per applicant.

Step 6: Submit documents, pay Immigration Fee and wait for the PPR (PassPort Request - For stamping)

After submitting the documents and paying the Immigration fees, the Canadian Immigration officers verifies the documents and information provided. This generally takes 2–4 months depending on the application type, countries a person has resided in and most importantly, the immigration visa office where the application has been sent for processing and how much application backlog is there.

New Delhi visa office is infamous for taking usually 4 months to process and verify the submitted documents, sometimes even more!

Cost - 1050 CAD x No. of Applicants in the application

Step 7: PPR received. Submit Passport and get Canada CoPR (Confirmation of PR)

Once the documents are verified, candidates are intimated about the result of their application via mail. On successful processing, candidates are required to submit the passports of all the applicants for the Visa Stamping and CoPR. Passport is being sent by VFS Global and would cost around30 CAD per passport. The stamped passport are returned to the designated address within 2 weeks along with 2 copies of CoPR.

Cost - Approx 30 CAD x No. of Applicants

Step 8: Reach Canada on CoPR and apply for PR card

Applicants are suppose to travel to Canada within the tenure mentioned on the passport. The tenure is generally till the time passport is valid or till medical proof is valid, whichever is earlier. In any case, visa will not be for more than 1 year.

Applicants are suppose to plan their travel, temporary or permanent migration, to Canada within the Visa timelines and submit one copy of CoPR at the time of landing. The other copy is stamped and returned.

Submitting CoPR means that Candidates have successfully landed in Canada and this in turn initiates the PR card application for each applicant.

Cost - Travel Cost of each applicant

Step 9: Receive PR card (2–3 months)

Official PR Card processing time is 62–65 days and the PR card will be couriered to the address given by the applicants at the time of their landing. The address has to be a Canadian address.

PR Card will be delivered to the address within 50–80 days. In case you have performed soft landing (temporary migration) just to fulfill the landing formalities before the Visa expires, you can request any friend coming to your native country to bring along your PR card.

PR cards are not couriered outside Canada and have to be delivered in person in such scenarios.

Step 10: You are Canadian PR. Enjoy!

Once you have your PR card, you are officially a Canadian PR. Have fun!

PR card is provided with validity of 5 years. A person is suppose to live in Canada for 730 days in consecutive 5 years to continue his/her PR card for next 5 years after the expiry.

If a person has stayed in Canada for more than 1095 days in consecutive 5 years, he/she is eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship.

Some Acronyms Frequently Used in this post & during Visa Processing:

CLB - Canadian Language Benchmark
ECA - Education Credential Assessment
EE - Express Entry
ROI - Round of Invitations
ITA - Invitation to Apply
CoPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residency
PPR - Passport Request
PR - Permanent Resident (Residency)

PS: Not taking any credit for this, someone else wrote this on Quora, thought this would help. All the best!

44 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by extraterestrial: 8:29am On Oct 30, 2018
Ifeoma77:

grin grin you are stubborn o!! Didn't you receive the warning from that Alien?
Lmao Alien kwa...I am in a good mood #movingon
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by fatiah(f): 8:37am On Oct 30, 2018
Luce:
PPR!!!!!!!!!

Ielts April 7
ITA June 13
AOR June 23
IP1 July 10
ADR sent Aug 9
IP2 Oct 23
Ghost Update Oct 24

Congratulations! You've opened the floor for PPR this week. I pray for many more PPR announcement mine inclusive, before this week runs out.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 8:38am On Oct 30, 2018
Thank you o, but page 1 has all these info and someone will still ask for this process 2 pages from this.
mankind5050:
*For people who keep asking the steps for PR, Kindly read this*

What is a step by step procedure for Canada express entry?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ArcUgo(m): 8:38am On Oct 30, 2018
YES you can
Zebbosh:
Please I’m finding it difficult to get my degree certificate. Can I use my notification of result instead?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 8:39am On Oct 30, 2018
Someone didn't get the ET joke sha. lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Oakville19: 8:41am On Oct 30, 2018
[quote author=extraterestrial post=72526559]
Lmao Alien kwa...I am in a good mood #movingon[/quot

Your moniker “extraterrestrial” is actually synonymous with Alien grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 8:43am On Oct 30, 2018
Greatkhad:
Congrats to everyone making progress with their applications.

Guys my ielts result just came out lsrw 8,7.5,8,7

How do i go about wes, my bsc and msc are from the uk.

Which should i evaluate.

Pls guys help me o

Evaluate both. Use WES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 8:46am On Oct 30, 2018
E no get. [quote author=Oakville19 post=72526830][/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 8:48am On Oct 30, 2018
Guys, guys. All this selfless udonmeanit things..........blushing doesn't look good on my dark skin......

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 8:48am On Oct 30, 2018
extraterestrial:

Lmao Alien kwa...I am in a good mood #movingon
kiss kiss

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.