Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,408 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (498) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (910072 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 30, 2018
ijoseda:
Na wa o!!! Ewo tun ni 'read to understand'? Mo ni comprehension problem ni yen o.

I was already scolding myself for the 'mistake', and I don't think you needed to 'rub' it in further.

Cheers
It is all good. Your mistake your money.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by daks01: 8:49am On Oct 30, 2018

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by sinie: 8:51am On Oct 30, 2018
I went to children's practice on Friday for my medicals. There were about 10 gate crashers. They gave them seats outside to wait. About 11am they finished with those of us that booked and faced the gate crashers. By the time we were leaving around 2pm they has finished attending to all those gate crashers
I guess that's worth a try

Laradee:
Hello house, please i need advice on how to proceed with medicals . I called the lagos hospitals to book appointment ( Q-life and children's practice) and was informed they are fully booked for the year. I just got my ITA and the 60days will run out before the hospitals are freed up. Please can i get any help on how to proceed on this.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ArcUgo(m): 8:52am On Oct 30, 2018
See the bolded answers
nasohian:
Good Morning all,
If one has a Bachelors degree in Nigeria (ECA report is 4 year Bachelor) and a second degree like a Graduate Diploma or Masters from a Canada institution, Can one claim points for 2 or more degrees? If it's a graduate diploma or anything less than a Masters then YES you can claim Two or more certificates, if it's a Masters or PhD then no need for two or more certificates as Masters and PhD points are higher.
Secondly does the credential from the Canadain Institution require evaluation from WES or can it be used right away for IRCC after certificate has been issued. NO it does not. However, you are supposed to submit the Designated Learning Institution (DLI) number of the Canadian Institution where you got the Certificate.
Thirdly, does WES evaluate online programmes? YES they do. Depends on the program though so you will have to be more specific.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 8:52am On Oct 30, 2018
ijoseda:
The thing Pain me ehn! But on a brighter side, I just saved another 44k because I was planning to make such payment for my Madam and Sister. But I am wiser now!

By the way, Was this discussed anywhere from page 1-500? Let me know if the 22k na penalty for not reading the whole thread... grin grin grin

If you know how much I've saved on this journey both for myself and family... simply by spending one night going through all the links on the page one of part three, and then religiously following the thread.

I've even started saving future money already by following the living in Canada thread grin

Getting it right the first time is always the cheapest way.

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 30, 2018
mankind5050:
*For people who keep asking the steps for PR, Kindly read this*

What is a step by step procedure for Canada express entry?

Step 1: Take IELTS and attain CLB 9 (viz: band score of 8777 in LRWS)

CLB 9 gives candidates additional language points boost of 50–60 points. If you are able to reach the score of 440+ without CLB 9, that is fine too.

Cost - Approx 200 CAD every time you take IELTS.

Step 2: Get your ECA done (6–8 weeks)

ECA is Education Credential Assessment. It is done by multiple organisations (WES one of them) and provides you the Canadian equivalent degree assessment of your native country education.

Cost - Approx 285 CAD. (200 CAD Fee + 85 CAD International Result Delivery)

Step 3: Create EE profile on CIC website with your attained IELTS score and ECA

Making a profile enters you in the pool of candidates waiting for the ITA (Invitation to Apply). Make sure all the information mentioned in the profile is accurate as you will be asked to provide proof of all that information once you are selected.

Cost - 0

Step 4: Wait for the draw to reach your score and receive ITA afterwards

The ROI (Rounds of Invidation) happens every 3–4 weeks. The Canadian govt declares the min cut off score of the EE profile and all the candidates having that score or score more than it will get ITA. The score varies and is tweaked to meet the usual 2800–3000 applicants quota per ROI.

Cost - 0

Step 5: Post ITA, you get 2 months to submit your documents

After candidates receive ITA, they are suppose to provide documents and proofs of all the information mentioned in their profile along with few others. The documents/information needed from the candidates are:

Scan of Travel Document (Passport) of all applicants
Digital Photograph of all applicants
Proof of Employment of primary applicant
Proof of Funds of primary applicant
Proof of Medical of all applicants
Proof of Education & IELTS of all applicants
Police Clearance Certificate (From all countries where you have resided for 6 months or more) of all applicants
Cost varies as Medical cost, PCC fees, Notarization fees etc varies on location. Ideally, all expenses should be covered within 300–350 CAD per applicant.

Step 6: Submit documents, pay Immigration Fee and wait for the PPR (PassPort Request - For stamping)

After submitting the documents and paying the Immigration fees, the Canadian Immigration officers verifies the documents and information provided. This generally takes 2–4 months depending on the application type, countries a person has resided in and most importantly, the immigration visa office where the application has been sent for processing and how much application backlog is there.

New Delhi visa office is infamous for taking usually 4 months to process and verify the submitted documents, sometimes even more!

Cost - 1050 CAD x No. of Applicants in the application

Step 7: PPR received. Submit Passport and get Canada CoPR (Confirmation of PR)

Once the documents are verified, candidates are intimated about the result of their application via mail. On successful processing, candidates are required to submit the passports of all the applicants for the Visa Stamping and CoPR. Passport is being sent by VFS Global and would cost around30 CAD per passport. The stamped passport are returned to the designated address within 2 weeks along with 2 copies of CoPR.

Cost - Approx 30 CAD x No. of Applicants

Step 8: Reach Canada on CoPR and apply for PR card

Applicants are suppose to travel to Canada within the tenure mentioned on the passport. The tenure is generally till the time passport is valid or till medical proof is valid, whichever is earlier. In any case, visa will not be for more than 1 year.

Applicants are suppose to plan their travel, temporary or permanent migration, to Canada within the Visa timelines and submit one copy of CoPR at the time of landing. The other copy is stamped and returned.

Submitting CoPR means that Candidates have successfully landed in Canada and this in turn initiates the PR card application for each applicant.

Cost - Travel Cost of each applicant

Step 9: Receive PR card (2–3 months)

Official PR Card processing time is 62–65 days and the PR card will be couriered to the address given by the applicants at the time of their landing. The address has to be a Canadian address.

PR Card will be delivered to the address within 50–80 days. In case you have performed soft landing (temporary migration) just to fulfill the landing formalities before the Visa expires, you can request any friend coming to your native country to bring along your PR card.

PR cards are not couriered outside Canada and have to be delivered in person in such scenarios.

Step 10: You are Canadian PR. Enjoy!

Once you have your PR card, you are officially a Canadian PR. Have fun!

PR card is provided with validity of 5 years. A person is suppose to live in Canada for 730 days in consecutive 5 years to continue his/her PR card for next 5 years after the expiry.

If a person has stayed in Canada for more than 1095 days in consecutive 5 years, he/she is eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship.

Some Acronyms Frequently Used in this post & during Visa Processing:

CLB - Canadian Language Benchmark
ECA - Education Credential Assessment
EE - Express Entry
ROI - Round of Invitations
ITA - Invitation to Apply
CoPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residency
PPR - Passport Request
PR - Permanent Resident (Residency)

PS: Not taking any credit for this, someone else wrote this on Quora, thought this would help. All the best!
grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 8:53am On Oct 30, 2018
I know you will comment grin
ontarioissauga:

grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by stonecoldcafe: 8:53am On Oct 30, 2018
Sthill5:

Yes im working on 5.
I'll just do a mix of past and current clients.
Then screenshots of website and social media pages.

This may also prove helpful for you
https://www.nairaland.com/4472519/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/277#68364817

@extraterestrial congrats in advance. You nor go sleep for ip2 rara. Golden mail fall on you today/tomorrow latest. #ottawa gang. LOL

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jholarharde(f): 8:54am On Oct 30, 2018
mcstan18:

Finally. Congrats darl. Congrats to joo2018 too. We are watching from here.
thanks dear, finally.
congratulations @luce go and prosper
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 8:56am On Oct 30, 2018
Congrats at the research junkie joo2018, sthill5 and all ITA recipients. Wish you all an uneventful and speedy journey to COPR.

Claire40 congrats on our PPR grin

Luce congrats and thanks for opening the PPR floodgates for the week.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 8:57am On Oct 30, 2018
sinie:
I went to children's practice on Friday for my medicals. There were about 10 gate crashers. They gave them seats outside to wait. About 11am they finished with those of us that booked and faced the gate crashers. By the time we were leaving around 2pm they has finished attending to all those gate crashers

Thanks for sharing.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jholarharde(f): 8:58am On Oct 30, 2018
Ifeoma77:

kiss kiss
ify! ify! ify? how many times I call you, be careful yourself, pls leave all the space beings alone gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Oakville19: 8:59am On Oct 30, 2018
Luce:
PPR!!!!!!!!!

Decision to migrate Feb 14
Ielts April 7
ITA June 13
AOR June 23
Request for further medical tests July 5
IP1 July 10
ADR (updated passport bio data page) Aug 1
ADR sent Aug 9
Gcms notes Ordered Aug 23
Received Sep 25 - everything good
Additional medicals result sent 27 Sep
MEP Oct 2 (when I noticed)
2nd gcms notes ordered Oct 18
IP2 Oct 23
Ghost Update Oct 24
PPR October 30 dated yesterday

Congratulations Luce
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 30, 2018
sinie:

I knew it would come to that.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Sissnene: 9:05am On Oct 30, 2018
Congratulations dear, was just thinking of sending you a Pm. So happy for you. It ended with praise.[quote author=Luce post=72525195]PPR!!!!!!!!!

Ielts April 7
ITA June 13
AOR June 23
IP1 July 10
ADR sent Aug 9
IP2 Oct 23
Ghost Update Oct 24
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jholarharde(f): 9:08am On Oct 30, 2018
ontarioissauga:
I am convinced you are elfmann reincarnated grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ijoseda(m): 9:11am On Oct 30, 2018
Tojued,

I agree with you completely. This is not the first time I'll be using NL for an important process like this. Moving from PH to Lagos was a major one and I saved hundreds of thousands of Naira by reading threads here on NL. In the past few weeks, I've saved some money going through the messages here! I'm sure I missed the conversation about the WES at some point.

Thanks for the constructive feedback!

Tojued:

If you know how much I've saved on this journey both for myself and family... simply by spending one night going through all the links on the page one of part three, and then religiously following the thread.

I've even started saving future money already by following the living in Canada thread grin

Getting it right the first time is always the cheapest way.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ijoseda(m): 9:12am On Oct 30, 2018
Exactly!

Enjoy your day Sir/Ma.

ontarioissauga:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by extraterestrial: 9:25am On Oct 30, 2018
1) i got the subliminal message when she used the term Alien aunty and uncle teacher, i use the moniker so i know what it means undecided
2) she was trying to be sarcastic hence me ending it at moving on
3) it seems like those trying so hard to take jabs at me feel as though my message about being the class prefect was directed at them ..well if the shoe fits..lace that bih up
4) finally i repeat i am in a good mood so let me be!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:25am On Oct 30, 2018
Congratulations @Luce so happy for you!! X-ray that takes 3 months shocked shocked it is well O.
Enjoy your real country

@jholarharde, cry cry cry I am innocent fa grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 9:27am On Oct 30, 2018
ijoseda:
Tojued,

I agree with you completely. This is not the first time I'll be using NL for an important process like this. Moving from PH to Lagos was a major one and I saved hundreds of thousands of Naira by reading threads here on NL. In the past few weeks, I've saved some money going through the messages here! I'm sure I missed the conversation about the WES at some point.

Thanks for the constructive feedback!

You still saved 44k and will save more in future. I don't think there's been any one single conversation, just one of those things you pick up by following or learn when someone asks a question.

It's okay not to be as obsessed with this thread/Candavisaforum/quora/anything canada online as some of us are grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by extraterestrial: 9:28am On Oct 30, 2018
stonecoldcafe:

This may also prove helpful for you
https://www.nairaland.com/4472519/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/277#68364817

@extraterestrial congrats in advance. You nor go sleep for ip2 rara. Golden mail fall on you today/tomorrow latest. #ottawa gang. LOL

Thank youuu..yes yess thats the plan...PPR this week i hope [code][/code]OttawaForever cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 30, 2018
Congratulations on your PPR

...similar timelines for ITA, AOR and IP2. ..all the best in Canadaland!

In spite of it all...it did end in praise!

Luce:
PPR!!!!!!!!!

Ielts April 7
ITA June 13
AOR June 23
IP1 July 10
ADR sent Aug 9
IP2 Oct 23
Ghost Update Oct 24

Typing out this PPR announcement by faith today Oct 24 and hoping I get to post it before the week runs out.
IELTS : one attempt maxed out
WES : Took 3 whole months; felt like a mini PPR the day I got my report
Work experience : one year of housemanship
CRS : 456 ... the week I got my ITA, I had been so sure of it because it had been hovering in the 440s around that time but surprise of all surprises, that week it was 451! Couldn’t believe how close I had come to not getting it that week. Lol.
Did both medicals and PCC even before opening an express entry profile cos I thought it was so sure for me.
PCC : inspector moshood; the lady told me 7000, immediately I said “ahh that’s not what they said on the Canada group o”, the price changed to 4000. So make sure to state that’s how much you were told and how much you brought.
Medicals : Very nerve wracking experience; got a mail from CIC’s Regional Medical Office on July 5 that I needed additional medical tests. Went to Children’s practice and was told I needed to do sputum tests and a repeat X-ray that would take about 3 months and over 75k extra to complete. Thought it would completely stall my process so I was sad af! Cried my eyes out that day. But then a few days later, I got to IP1 so I heaved a sigh of relief knowing that my processing was still being carried out.
After IP1 the only other update I got was an ADR for a new passport since the old one was expiring in less than 5 months, quickly ran to ikoyi and the process took 8 days of calling and smiling with the man (as if I dint pay complete money o).
Read @wizean’s PPR announcement and decided to go and check my account too since CIC had refused to send me mail updates, saw an update. Had to log out and log in again to make sure it wasn’t a glitch that had made it permanent since yesterday. Lol.
Well obviously I dint get to post it last week Lool but it’s just as wonderful this week.
Grateful to God and everyone here; always used to be baffled when people knew next to nothing about the process then I remember most of the things I know were literally from reading page 1 of part 4 of this thread.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by canadianxmas: 9:36am On Oct 30, 2018
Those that have had their WAEC verified how long did you have to wait ? Also, any contact to aid the WAEC verification process would be much appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Pegzzyg(f): 9:39am On Oct 30, 2018
Its fast and depends solely on you. Earned my 2nd degree there & was through with my Projects even before my final Exams.
Odedenshi1:

Can't say much about the Project timeline for now, though I have submitted my topics waiting for approval so I can go ahead. All things being equal, I don't see the PGD taking longer than 1 year for me. Anyone who has experience with NOUN calendar can shed more light. I read about NOUN in part 4 when I was almost on the verge of quitting this journey, the reason I am also recommending it to as many as possible to keep their hope alive. If I had most the information I have now by merely reading people's post on the Express Entry thread, I would have been in Canny a long time ago. Winners never quit...

It would surely end in Praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Pegzzyg(f): 9:39am On Oct 30, 2018
Its fast and depends solely on you. Earned my 2nd degree there & was through with my Projects even before my final Exams.
ontarioissauga:

Say the truth oh. Shey project time no be something?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by chiobich: 9:47am On Oct 30, 2018
Oga rest and stop forming woke abeg. Accept that the pun was lost on you. Your 'message' did not hold any water. Let's see road abeg. Small joke, you want to cry. Me sef, 'moving on'.
extraterestrial:
1) i got the subliminal message when she used the term Alien aunty and uncle teacher, i use the moniker so i know what it means undecided
2) she was trying to be sarcastic hence me ending it at moving on
3) it seems like those trying so hard to take jabs at me feel as though my message about being the class prefect was directed at them ..well if the shoe fits..lace that bih up
4) finally i repeat i am in a good mood so let me be!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by chiobich: 9:48am On Oct 30, 2018
Hello my people.

Saying hi. Will post my landing gist one day. Make I settle well first.

Ciao from me and the twins!

Congrats to everyone with something to celebrate.

23 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 30, 2018
Pegzzyg:
Solely on me? You didn't get a supervisor who wanted you to be going to Ikorodu every two weeks or later abandoned you. Anyway, the best case scenario he finishes in May or June 2019, certificate is available in January 2020, if his name makes the graduation list. Unless he gets some sort of a completion document, he waits. Am I right on this one? I don't want people's minds to be fixed on some unrealistic timelines. It is not one year for PGD or masters if you consider the project and graduation times.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Krakboi(m): 9:56am On Oct 30, 2018
Hello guys!
I made my final application for the express entry on October 9th, paid all the fees.
There have been no updates whatsoever till now since i got AOR, is this normal?
I write this because my nerves are beginning to show themselves.
I know its not even a month yet but I was hoping on getting even an update.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by extraterestrial: 9:56am On Oct 30, 2018
chiobich:
Oga rest and stop forming woke abeg. Accept that the pun was lost on you. Your 'message' did not hold any water. Let's see road abeg. Small joke, you want to cry. Me sef, 'moving on'.
It's Madam please grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 9:59am On Oct 30, 2018
ontarioissauga:

Solely on me? You didn't get a supervisor who wanted you to be going to Ikorodu every two weeks or later abandoned you. Anyway, the best case scenario he finishes in May or June 2019, certificate is available in January 2020, if his name makes the graduation list. Unless he gets some sort of a completion document, he waits. Am I right on this one? I don't want people's mind to be fixed on some unrealistic timeline. It is not one year for PGD or masters if you consider the project and graduate times.

I agree with you that anything can happen, but this year just seems exceptional because of the three semesters that happened, and exams will be concluded in December. The current speed made me encourage people to join up. Hopefully elections won't slow things down.

Even from now till January 2020 is still approximately one year. We don already enter November. Better than twiddling thumbs waiting for CRS cutoff to come down.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.