Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,579 members, 7,827,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

"My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" - Family (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" (56351 Views)

Lady Shares How She Transformed A Girl She Adopted After Just Two Months (pics) / Should I Bring Her Over To The US? / My Wife Wants Me To Beg For Intercourse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by Humblesam(m): 4:33pm On Aug 07, 2018
sunshineyellow:

I don't like commenting o. I got angry when I saw the after one comment. But your comment calmed me down.
Chai. Africans o, you marry you no quick get belle, they call u barren and names, you carry belle born out of wedluck b4 marriage even born for your husband, they still call you after one.
Useless mentality aswear.
99.9% of ladies av gotten preg in one or two occasion but na who born her own we know.
How can a person hate a woman cox she has a child outside b4 marriage.? Honestly it baffles me.
And Op is falling for such shit.
Chai.

Abeg no vex...calm down please.
It's quite unfortunate that some of us grow up living our lives to please others. Personally, I don't care what people think or like about me,I only think about what is right and is worth doing as long as am comfortable with it.

2 Likes

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by TheCongo2: 4:42pm On Aug 07, 2018
Elder001:

Under Nigerian law only married couples who got divorced can ask for child support.

Seriously ?
Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by TheCongo2: 4:46pm On Aug 07, 2018
remioshy:

Yoruba proverbs says “ Eni to bini, ko to Enito wo ni dagba ”

What does it mean?
Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by TheCongo2: 4:58pm On Aug 07, 2018
busayo2uk:
This is really a complicated issue as some people said you should adopt the child. How can you adopt a child that is not thrown away? Did the father said he does not want the child again? so what will be the basis for adoption?

You have only two options:
(1) Accept the child and be ready to be fair and you should know that it will involve school fees. And be ready to tolerate the fact that the father will always request to see the child once in a while.

(2) If you know that you may not be fair or you wont be able to take the burden of school fees when the need arises, please reject. It is better than keep a child that will grow up to hate u.

One of the best advises on the thread.

3 Likes

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by TheCongo2: 5:23pm On Aug 07, 2018
baby124:

The fact is OP’s wife is an irresponsible mother. She abandoned her child with the father so that she can get married. In fact she married a man that did not want to see her child or love her child! 7yrs! A mother left her child with the father for 7yrs! Not even a holiday with her child. She had had 7yrs of not being bothered by the child’s presence in her matrimonial home. Don’t you think her baby daddy also deserves that courtesy she enjoyed as well as a newly married man? Or you think his wife did not observe that her own mother saw her as an inconvenience and is enjoying her life like the daughter does not exist.

Com'on...
From op' s post, op's wife left the child with the biological father. This doesn't neccessary mean op's wife never saw or spent time with the child again. Where did you get that from? How did you come to the conclusion she never spent a holiday with the child?

4 Likes

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by TheCongo2: 5:26pm On Aug 07, 2018
revolt:
mtchweee fke story. Well wizkid get private jet.. its social media

And how do you know the story is fake? Is it because this is social media that every story should be deemed fake?
Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by baby124: 5:29pm On Aug 07, 2018
TheCongo2:

Com'on...
From op' s post, op's wife left the child with the biological father. This doesn't neccessary mean op's wife never saw or spent time with the child again. Where did you get that from? How did you come to the conclusion she never spent a holiday with the child?
Has that child ever spent a day in the OP’s house since he married her mother? So where will the child find the time to spend holiday with her mum and younger siblings genius? OP has been married to the woman for at least 4yrs. A mother that can leave her toddler and agree to the OP’s terms is no angel.
Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by TheCongo2: 5:55pm On Aug 07, 2018
baby124:

Has that child ever spent a day in the OP’s house since he married her mother? So where will the child find the time to spend holiday with her mum and younger siblings genius? OP has been married to the woman for at least 4yrs. A mother that can leave her toddler and agree to the OP’s terms is no angel.

Nothing in his post indicates whether or not the child has never spent time in Op's house.

In essence I can summarize op's post as follows:

When op first met his wife, she had already a child. And op was aware of the existence of the child who was living with the biological father.

The biological father is now married. Given this fact, the biological father wants op's wife to have custody of the child who is now 7 to op's objection.

1 Like

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by lielbree: 6:32pm On Aug 07, 2018
revolt:
all you liberals and politicaly correct people.....face reality. Youre a stepmum suddenly...na so. Just to buttress this scenario. Anyways he who comes to equity must come with clean hands. The childs father should be compelled to care for the child. The poor guy has no biz in her past. When he got married he made vows to his wife and vice versa...he ddnt make vows to she and her child. She should either find a way to beg him or lure him to accept the child but if his happiness is shattered then the marriage is wrecked. So uts either she moves on. Wheres the fathers parents. Relatives etc sef? This story has too many loopholes.
What has the fathers parents and relatives got to do with it?
Marriage is between a man and a woman to the exclusion of all others.

This man is heartless if he can't accept the wives daughter.
Nigerian men and double standards. If it were a woman rejecting her step child like this you would call her all sorts of names!

And yes, I am a step mother and I used myself as an illustration to buttress my point.

2 Likes

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by Afamed: 6:38pm On Aug 07, 2018
dingbang:
the man who has abandoned his child doesn't need blame again but his punishment awaits him in heaven.
So its the man who knew nothing when the girl was conceived that should be crucified

5 Likes

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by duduade: 7:18pm On Aug 07, 2018
People should stop wasting their time on the OP...

All he does is Betting...

Why will he not want to take her into his home when all he does is waste the little he has

4 Likes

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by revolt(m): 9:46pm On Aug 07, 2018
For those abusing the op ....u can contact op n adopt tge child. Bloody hypocrites. Even the ladies advising bs here wnt evn let their brodas msrry single parents.....mtchweee

3 Likes

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 08, 2018
BiggyB242:

The truth is bitter, when they are of age they will always want to be with their real father. Blood is thicker than water.
that happens mostly with boys
Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 08, 2018
funmisticqueen:
that happens mostly with boys

Both boys and girls my friend, reason I won't get married to a single mother. I won't have the stomach to neglect the child but I will be hurt if he/she goes back to his father after I have done all the work, though everyone will say you did it for God, but definitely will avoid such situation.

2 Likes

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by foolbuster: 9:25am On Aug 08, 2018
sunshineyellow:

I don't like commenting o. I got angry when I saw the after one comment. But your comment calmed me down.
Chai. Africans o, you marry you no quick get belle, they call u barren and names, you carry belle born out of wedluck b4 marriage even born for your husband, they still call you after one.
Useless mentality aswear.
99.9% of ladies av gotten preg in one or two occasion but na who born her own we know.
How can a person hate a woman cox she has a child outside b4 marriage.? Honestly it baffles me.
And Op is falling for such shit.
Chai.

Oga did you say 99.9% please where did you get that data from. So because some women give birth before marriage does that make it right? Or the fact that all the women you know have bastards therefore you generalise. Please stop encouraging moral decadence with this type of stupid comment. You are better off not commenting.

1 Like

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by Sterope(f): 9:40am On Aug 08, 2018
But he has married her knowing she has a child. What exactly is your point?
revolt:
For those abusing the op ....u can contact op n adopt tge child. Bloody hypocrites. Even the ladies advising bs here wnt evn let their brodas msrry single parents.....mtchweee

2 Likes

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by sunshineyellow: 6:15pm On Aug 08, 2018
foolbuster:

Oga did you say 99.9% please where did you get that data from. So because some women give birth before marriage does that make it right? Or the fact that all the women you know have bastards therefore you generalise. Please stop encouraging moral decadence with this type of stupid comment. You are better off not commenting.
So we have psychopaths even on NL... Chai.
I don't av time for you.
Quote me again if you have HIV.

2 Likes

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by adontcare(f): 10:44am On Aug 09, 2018
The simple truth with some Nigerian men is that, they feel dia wives are their footstool. They don't like d idea of the woman's family nor relatives to come close to their home but they( men) will want their family members to come and go a as freely as they want. Even if they have children outside, they will want the wife to accept without being polite about it. This mindset is bad.

1 Like

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by GraceBestowed(f): 12:15pm On Aug 09, 2018
Wow!! I know I’m late to the party but I had to just say this. I don’t understand how parents can toss their child to and fro for the sake of ‘convenience’. I also think it’s super selfish that you said ‘don’t bring a child that’s not mine to my house’. Really??

I pray that little child doesn’t grow up with feelings of rejection and resentment towards her parents. You have the opportunity to affect a young child’s life positively. A wise man would jump at that opportunity.

3 Likes

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by revolt(m): 8:45pm On Aug 09, 2018
GraceBestowed:
Wow!! I know I’m late to the party but I had to just say this. I don’t understand how parents can toss their child to and fro for the sake of ‘convenience’. I also think it’s super selfish that you said ‘don’t bring a child that’s not mine to my house’. Really??

I pray that little child doesn’t grow up with feelings of rejection and resentment towards her parents. You have the opportunity to affect a young child’s life positively. A wise man would jump at that opportunity.
na so
Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by Whobedatte(m): 10:17pm On Aug 09, 2018
MizMyColi:

It is well o.

My simple question for him is...

Oga, if na you, nko?
Aunty, where have you been?
Missed your inputs on this forum
Your mental sagacity is TUALE
Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by Whobedatte(m): 10:18pm On Aug 09, 2018
MizMyColi:

It is well o.

My simple question for him is...

Oga, if na you, nko?
Your mental sagacity is TUALE sad
Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by MizMyColi(f): 12:33am On Aug 10, 2018
Whobedatte:

Your mental sagacity is TUALE

Oshey! grin
Mental Sagacity

I'm honored smiley

1 Like

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by abdabass: 5:35am On Aug 10, 2018
My dear brother,
Please, allow the lady into your home for the sake of your wife considering all the remarks you've given her. The lady is going to be of immense assistance to your wife (her mother) and your twin children. You may at the end of the day like/love her just as you love your children.
You may want to streamline your spending on her with a concrete agreement if that is your fear. That is make a note that her father must take care of her school fees and clothing 100% and without any stress to you and your home.
Best regards.
Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by dominique(f): 7:32am On Aug 10, 2018
revolt:

It's this kind of generalization that I hate, you don't know someone from Adam yet you'll be drawing ridiculous conclusions about them. Single parenthood is not a disease neither is it a crime. The single parents deserve to find love too. However, if a person gets into a relationship with a single parent yet wants nothing to do with the child(ren), then he should never have entered such relationship.

If I marry my husband fully aware that he has a child somewhere then he offers to bring in the child at some point but i start resisting. I'm not only evil, I'm stupid as well. In a situation where a child's parents are no longer together, joint custody of the child should be put in place. The Op's wife has not had custody of her daughter in at least five years and he expects it to continue like that? He's not only heartless, he's incredibly stupid as well.

1 Like

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by revolt(m): 10:44am On Aug 10, 2018
dominique:

It's this kind of generalization that I hate, you don't know someone from Adam yet you'll be drawing ridiculous conclusions about them. Single parenthood is not a disease neither is it a crime. The single parents deserve to find love too. However, if a person gets into a relationship with a single parent yet wants nothing to do with the child(ren), then he should never have entered such relationship.

If I marry my husband fully aware that he has a child somewhere then he offers to bring in the child at some point but i start resisting. I'm not only evil, I'm stupid as well. In a situation where a child's parents are no longer together, joint custody of the child should be put in place. The Op's wife has not had custody of her daughter in at least five years and he expects it to continue like that? He's not only heartless, he's incredibly stupid as well.
well lets face reality most women usually pressure men into marriage. (Hopefilly youd not dispute this), now if the guy wad pressured into marriage and shed assured him certain conditions would need to be met for him to marry her then after the marriage she now reneges on the agreement, whats the man expected to do. The day she chose to marry was the day she chose a new path and start a new family. Now if ahes echooses her child over the marriage its simple she shud let the guy go find another woman tht knows what marriage is. Which still boils dpen to the foundation..... do not gve birth for just anybody cause ure vacillating emotionally . Once that happens , the child can never have a normal life. If she still wants to keep the home then shed better indulge the husband and mitigate all fears of him playing second fiddle. That way hell mot feel threatened or cheated. Abusing him ror not accepting a child he jas no biz or obligation for is very irritating.
Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by revolt(m): 11:12am On Aug 10, 2018
abdabass:
My dear brother,
Please, allow the lady into your home for the sake of your wife considering all the remarks you've given her. The lady is going to be of immense assistance to your wife (her mother) and your twin children. You may at the end of the day like/love her just as you love your children.
You may want to streamline your spending on her with a concrete agreement if that is your fear. That is make a note that her father must take care of her school fees and clothing 100% and without any stress to you and your home.
Best regards.
what ure not responsible for you have no control of. Ok check this scenario..once the father takes care of her bills suddenly he develops a sense of priviledge thus can dictate how his child is treated which we know will be unrealistic. The step father would have to be walking on egg shells all the time cos if he innocently tries to discipline the child ehen shes erring and the mum would jump in defense or be suspicious..etc as children we constituted serious nuisance to our parents and in certain cases destroyed their valued properties, the only reason we got away without scars was in the long run blood thicker than water. Feminists shd stop peddling the utopian idea of mixed families. In the real world someone always gets hurt. Either the man wife or the child.
Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by LaudableXX: 12:30pm On Aug 10, 2018
revolt:
stop spewing wt u dnt know maam. Women hardly accept the mans kid except theyre big..they only manage because they cnt do nyfin. After all the mans paying the bills. Show me a woman tht can spnd on anoda womans child. If the mans broke. Never. Even to spend on her man hell pay 3 folds in future tlkless of a child she no born
You are the one saying crap. undecided Go to the Middle-Belt and the North, where polygamy is very common due to religious reasons, and see how many step-mothers have to accept their husband's children. There is NO woman who knows that a man had kids before his marriage, that will now tell him send those kids packing. What will be the woman's excuse? Afterall, she knew fully well, that he had other children before meeting her, and they were living inside his house with him. Only men who are totally useless and lacking in common sense, will allow a new wife to dictate such terms to him, or allow that rubbish to happen.
Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by LaudableXX: 12:31pm On Aug 10, 2018
revolt:
mtchweee fke story. Well wizkid get private jet.. its social media

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by foolbuster: 6:42pm On Aug 12, 2018
GraceBestowed:

Lolz, don't worry your future husband will bring a child he fathered outside of marriage for you to raise in your matrimonial home. When it happens, remember your advice jump on it and be wise ooo
Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by grafixdon: 8:06am On Aug 13, 2018
InvertedHammer:

/
I believe that you are naturally wicked.

Are you telling me that you cannot train another person's child? But in this case, a child of your present wife. I cannot believe what I just read. A girl needs her mother to guide her through teenage years. I guess you already know what the future holds for you. You think you are better than those families that get wiped out in a single accident? I wish there is a way around it because I will advise your wife not to bring the girl close to a devil like you because you fit the profile of someone who will kill or maim a step-child with the level of hatred in your soul.

/

You're calling him devil because he refused to take what's not belong to him. I don't know how folks like u reason. Have u ever been married? Do you have ur own kids? Do you think is that easy to pay bills, take care of your wife and kids? Now they want to put another burden on him again.

The child's father is still alive, he should be responsible for the kid upbringing.

If you're calling him names, for what exactly? I pray your find yourself in his shoes someday.
Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by teemy(m): 12:20pm On Aug 13, 2018
@ NairalandFAYOSE

A little thought. Assuming a close relative dies and to take care of the kids' upbringing would taking in those kids be hard for you to do. Surely you would want your wife to 'understand'. Now this is her own flesh and blood.

I hope this guides you. Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Woman Delivers Quadruplets Four Years After Wedding (Photo) / Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? / My Husband Inspects My Private Part Anytime I Return From Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.