Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb (29600 Views)

Lady Died During Sex Romp With Boyfriend Who Took Drugs In Kwara / Alleged Fraud: UNTH Doctors Take Case To EFCC / UCH Ibadan Labelled Death Trap After Lady Died Due To Alleged Negligence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by pocohantas(f): 7:34am On Aug 09, 2018
afroniger:

Well, we live in an imperfect world, madam, therefore my solution may not be perfect but it can sure save a few lives like the one related in the post. Men are still (and will keep) having more children out of wedlock anyway, regardless.

And how are the kids going to cope?
You don't bring kids into this world just because you can afford it.
They need more than that and you/we owe them more than that.

Their needs should comes first, not the need of their father's raging pehnis.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by Ghostmode2two(m): 7:34am On Aug 09, 2018
One thing l support is that both the man and the woman should decide on the number of kids they want. It takes two to tangle

2 Likes

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by Bridget95(f): 7:35am On Aug 09, 2018
afroniger:
Maybe polygamy will solve all this. If men are allowed to marry more than one woman without any social stigma attached, the problem is solved because then another fertile and willing woman will have the kids that the other one refuses to have for whatever reason. Problem solved. Let us be real, some men want lots of kids and shouldn't be made to feel guilty for that, especially if they can afford to take care of as many as they desire.
you seem to me like an African traditionalist or muslim.

1 Like

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by Saintmary(f): 7:35am On Aug 09, 2018
afroniger:

Well, I feel that in life we must be realistic and keep our cards on the table. If a man lies to his wife about the state of his fertility, the woman should be free to move on if she wants kids and can't cope with such a man's disability, without being made to feel guilty. We all have a right to our happiness in life without the burden of social stigma. That is my position.
If a man or woman lies about his or her fertility and ability to have kids before marriage, provided he/she knew, the marriage can be annuled. As far as I know about marriage laws in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by Mgbadike80: 7:35am On Aug 09, 2018
afroniger:
Maybe polygamy will solve all this. If men are allowed to marry more than one woman without any social stigma attached, the problem is solved because then another fertile and willing woman will have the kids that the other one refuses to have for whatever reason. Problem solved. Let us be real, some men want lots of kids and shouldn't be made to feel guilty for that, especially if they can afford to take care of as many as they desire.
I have been thinking along the same line recently, any woman that wouldn't give me 3 or 4 kids should expect another wife. one or two kids is not enough, more than four is too much for my current financial situation.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by afroniger: 7:37am On Aug 09, 2018
Bridget95:
you seem to me like an African traditionalist or muslim.

I am neither. But I consider myself a practical and pragmatic man. cool

1 Like

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by cococandy(f): 7:41am On Aug 09, 2018
afroniger:

Well, I feel that in life we must be realistic and keep our cards on the table. If a man lies to his wife about the state of his fertility, the woman should be free to move on if she wants kids and can't cope with such a man's disability, without being made to feel guilty. We all have a right to our happiness in life without the burden of social stigma. That is my position.
why can’t she keep the first husband and add another one to him?

3 Likes

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by cococandy(f): 7:42am On Aug 09, 2018
Mgbadike80:
I have been thinking along the same line recently, any woman that wouldn't give me 3 or 4 kids should expect another wife. one or two kids is not enough, more than four is too much for my current financial situation.
Women don’t owe you children. Entitled m***foka

10 Likes

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by cococandy(f): 7:44am On Aug 09, 2018
afroniger:

I am neither. But I consider myself a practical and pragmatic man. cool

Practical? Lmao

Try sexist , entitled or selfish. Those are better descriptions.

Stop using words you don’t know the meaning of

5 Likes

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by franchasng: 7:52am On Aug 09, 2018
flyca:
To me, an average family has no business with more than 2 kids irrespective of gender.

Raising a child from craddle to being an independent adult who can fend for him/herself is no child's play, especially the financial aspect.

To raise a child for the international stage, a child that will conquer poverty early, the parents have to be waded and fully present. From early language school, to sports coaching, to music lessons, to make-up classes, to vacations both within and outside the country. etc.

Anything outside these, most other times, the child will grow up average, then grow through In Nigeria institutions, and begin to stand in job queue. The rest of unsatisfactory pay, no leaves, no allowances, to paid vacations etc. The cycle of poverty continues. The govt cares not for you or your kid(s)! So you have to take full responsiblity, EARLY.
I love this kiss. Are u a he or a she Single or married

3 Likes

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 09, 2018
lagosrd:

So saving life doesn't superceed husband decision in emergency again?
Well these crap of a professional gan. And she was allowed to bleed till death right in front of them..... The man never killed her those unprofessional guys did.
no matter what, if a patient or relative refuses treatment, doctors have no right to intervene cos they can be sued for it. if they went ahead and did it, people like you would say, sue the hospital.

it is the same reason many Jehovah witness women die on the operating table becos they refuse blood transfusion.

Doctors respect the human body. it is the owners choice.

1 Like

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 09, 2018
Men are very evil. Women beware.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by afroniger: 7:56am On Aug 09, 2018
cococandy:

Practical? Lmao

Like seriously? Lol. Humans are inherently selfish so save me the sanctimonious posturing. The woman that prefers to impose her infertility on her husband (or that is insisting on having a limited number of kids against her husband's desire) in the name of 'marriage vows' isn't being selfish abi? Abegi spare me. More marriages are ending in divorce inspite of all these vows. Couples are cheating on each other inspite of their vows. Men are having children out of wedlock in spite of their 'vows'. Look, all these have been happening since time immemorial and will not stop anytime soon. Life ain't perfect so we are all just trying to augment tough situations like this that life throws at us.. The earlier we accept and come to terms with that simple fact, the better for us all. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by afroniger: 8:01am On Aug 09, 2018
cococandy:
why can’t she keep the first husband and add another one to him?

Omo, if such a woman finds a man/men that is/are willing, why not? Such arrangement is already happening in some other parts of the world.
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by frozen70(f): 8:01am On Aug 09, 2018
Women, you are supposed to know that bringing fort a child is not a child play
From conception to delivering is a very sensitive stage in a woman life
Be grateful for which ever gender God gives you
Don't birth a child to impress your husband
If by tomorrow anything happens to you, he must marry another woman and those kids will definitely suffer in the hands of their step mother
Be wise your life no get duplicate

5 Likes

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by Emaprince: 8:06am On Aug 09, 2018
flyca:
To me, an average family has no business with more than 2 kids irrespective of gender.

Raising a child from craddle to being an independent adult who can fend for him/herself is no child's play, especially the financial aspect.

To raise a child for the international stage, a child that will conquer poverty early, the parents have to be waded and fully present. From early language school, to sports coaching, to music lessons, to make-up classes, to vacations both within and outside the country. etc.

Anything outside these, most other times, the child will grow up average, then grow through In Nigeria institutions, and begin to stand in job queue. The rest of unsatisfactory pay, no leaves, no allowances, to paid vacations etc. The cycle of poverty continues. The govt cares not for you or your kid(s)! So you have to take full responsiblity, EARLY.
You are beautiful and intelligent.

1 Like

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by Btruth: 8:13am On Aug 09, 2018
ghostmist:
So they couldn't stop the bleeding...?

They had to wait for her to die in order to blame the man.
stupid excuses I think too.

Sometimes, it amazed one why they will put stupid laws above human life. I prayed the Lord to give us more wisdom to make the right decisions on life.
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by Benbobola(m): 8:18am On Aug 09, 2018
All of them saying childbirth is dangerous. No be their ancestor cause am? When she go chop fruit and God laid down curse of pain during childbirth on them. Abegi make unable shift Jare. Don't blame men, blame your ancestor, Eve.
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by tomdon(m): 8:25am On Aug 09, 2018
mfm04622:

Removing the womb would have stopped the bleeding. Husband didn't want the womb removed. How is that the doctors' fault?

If removing the womb will save the woman's life, then the doctors killed the woman, they are the murderers, because they don't need the permission of that moronn to save a life. By now he has definitely remarried another lady that will give him a boy child.
Don't men know that they're equally or even more responsible for the sex of their children as much as their partners??

1 Like

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by maasoap(m): 8:27am On Aug 09, 2018
[quote author=yeyerolling post=70113701]Desperation for marriage and poverty means many women would end up with lunatics and mad man. My uncles wife nearly died cos she was trying to gv him a son after 4 gals .she had complications and was advised not to take in. Madam no gree took in again. Had twins male survived female died . Wife spent 6 months in hospital as she almost died. Pikin na pikin abeg dangote no even get male child [/quote

You could be right or we could be wrong.
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by splendid2: 8:34am On Aug 09, 2018
nawao
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by priscy525(f): 8:34am On Aug 09, 2018
Doctors respect the human body....They don't and can't perform any procedure without outright permission...It's left to the person
tomdon:

If removing the womb will save the woman's life, then the doctors killed the woman, they are the murderers, because they don't need the permission of that moronn to save a life. By now he has definitely remarried another lady that will give him a boy child.
Don't men know that they're equally or even more responsible for the sex of their children as much as their partners??

2 Likes

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by Tabbaz(m): 8:39am On Aug 09, 2018
afroniger:

You are right, but enemies of polygamy will attack you. Anyway, out of marriage children full everywhere grin
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by Tabbaz(m): 8:45am On Aug 09, 2018
cococandy:

Practical? Lmao

Because you hate polygamy does not make it wrong. After all, most men sleep with women other than their wives. grin
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by Tabbaz(m): 8:53am On Aug 09, 2018
Benbobola:
All of them saying childbirth is dangerous. No be their ancestor cause am? When she go chop fruit and God laid down curse of pain during childbirth on them. Abegi make unable shift Jare. Don't blame men, blame your ancestor, Eve.

Why must we be blamed for the sin of our so called ancestors. Isn't that unfair
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by Adetaiwoo: 8:59am On Aug 09, 2018
Catsmith:
African with male preference is bad pikin na pikin Biko....assuming the parents of ngozi okonjo iweala had only her she is worth more than 10 make child. My opinion though

How do you calculate human worth to decide who's worth 10 times the other?.
It's good we make our point without resorting to sexism. She's good at what she does no doubt about that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by Tomoyayi(m): 9:11am On Aug 09, 2018
Holocene:
American women tie their tubes after 2 kids and the husband can't say shit. She owns her life and husband can come and go.

Marriage ain't a do or die affair cool cool

Na you dey tie am for them abi
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by ItzBIM(m): 9:21am On Aug 09, 2018
yeyerolling:
Desperation for marriage and poverty means many women would end up with lunatics and mad man. My uncles wife nearly died cos she was trying to gv him a son after 4 gals .she had complications and was advised not to take in. Madam no gree took in again. Had twins male survived female died . Wife spent 6 months in hospital as she almost died. Pikin na pikin abeg dangote no even get male child

The worst part is that the man determines the sex of a child because of the Y chromosome the have however the woman gets blamed. Ignorance is a disease.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by mfm04622: 9:30am On Aug 09, 2018
tomdon:

The law said doctors need consent of either the patient or their relatives. So what do you want doctors to do? Break the law and be sued and their license withdrawn?

3 Likes

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by Holocene(m): 9:44am On Aug 09, 2018
Tomoyayi:

Na you dey tie am for them abi
Yes sir....its something I see everyday
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 09, 2018
IamHeWrites:
There's a trending debate on Twitter regarding women and childbirth and this debate has led to a lot of revelations.

Mothers took to Twitter to narrate all the complications that childbirth entails and how they do not want to have many children as a result. But some men felt it was selfish of them to choose to have only a few kids because they don't want to go through the pains of childbirth, and called them out for it.

One male Twitter user, who goes by the moniker Dr Maxvayshia, wrote;

In reply, a lot of women shared stories of women who died because they pushed their bodies beyond what it could do. One story stood out because of how tragic it is.

Narrating the incident, Vashti wrote;

https://www.torimill.co/viral/9329/lady-died-after-her-husband-refused-to-allow-doctors-take-out-her-ruptured-womb.html

The Man needs to be arrested for culpable homicide.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Ugly Truth About Your Toothbrush / Questions Over Nigeria Virus Measures As Lockdown Period Ends / Bad Nigerian Habits That Increase Your Blood Pressure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.