Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,067 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb (29606 Views)

Lady Died During Sex Romp With Boyfriend Who Took Drugs In Kwara / Alleged Fraud: UNTH Doctors Take Case To EFCC / UCH Ibadan Labelled Death Trap After Lady Died Due To Alleged Negligence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by anukulapo: 10:10am On Aug 09, 2018
afroniger:
Maybe polygamy will solve all this. If men are allowed to marry more than one woman without any social stigma attached, the problem is solved because then another fertile and willing woman will have the kids that the other one refuses to have for whatever reason. Problem solved. Let us be real, some men want lots of kids and shouldn't be made to feel guilty for that, especially if they can afford to take care of as many as they desire.
You got it right. Polygamy is actually the solution to the issue. Na social effect kill am.
However, it's not an issue of another woman refusing to have more kid (s) for whatever reason, it's for her good.
If men have to risk their lives like women do while ejaculation just to have kids, many men would understand the risk.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by lagosrd: 10:35am On Aug 09, 2018
funmisticqueen:
no matter what, if a patient or relative refuses treatment, doctors have no right to intervene cos they can be sued for it. if they went ahead and did it, people like you would say, sue the hospital.

it is the same reason many Jehovah witness women die on the operating table becos they refuse blood transfusion.

Doctors respect the human body. it is the owners choice.

Stop being archaic and parochial. Medical procedures that involves saving lives has no time for family confirmation in sane countries and which nigeria shouldnt be an exception.

Lastly how do you now address the issue when the family member refused the patient the right to live on parochaic and religious beliefs. Do you think the judge will bring the bible out twice after the swearing of oats. Abeg na prison straight should in case you don't know
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by HypocriticalMod: 10:38am On Aug 09, 2018
jyz200:
Ogaaooo
when they have useless their self
my grandmother gave birth to 10
and nothing happened
Grandmother from paternal side born 12, maternal side born 14, my mum born 7. But look at the women of nowadays, just one and they will be complaining they are dying.

1 Like

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by anjilgreat(f): 10:44am On Aug 09, 2018
lagosrd:

So saving life doesn't superceed husband decision in emergency again?
Well these crap of a professional gan. And she was allowed to bleed till death right in front of them..... The man never killed her those unprofessional guys did.
You must understand that medical ethic generally requires the consent of her husband to make any sensitive decision no matter how insignificant it may look to avoid medicolegal cases. It bleeds my heart to hear such painful outcome esp. in countries outside Nigeria where surragacy have been widely embraced. May God help us all to make wise decisions that we'll be proud of when in difficult situations.
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by HypocriticalMod: 10:58am On Aug 09, 2018
pocohantas:

And how are the kids going to cope?
You don't bring kids into this world just because you can afford it.
They need more than that and you/we owe them more than that.

Their needs should comes first, not the need of their father's raging pehnis.
You are now taking it personal. You forget that some men can be monogamous to the society but secretly playing a lot of away matches. It's not about the raging penis, it's about the children the man wants.

Don't fear you hear? Your husband won't marry a second wife as long as u give him the children he desires cheesy
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by HypocriticalMod: 11:01am On Aug 09, 2018
Mgbadike80:
I have been thinking along the same line recently, any woman that wouldn't give me 3 or 4 kids should expect another wife. one or two kids is not enough, more than four is too much for my current financial situation.
Correct man grin

1 Like

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by anjilgreat(f): 11:03am On Aug 09, 2018
ItzBIM:

The worst part is that the man determines the sex of a child because of the Y chromosome the have however the woman gets blamed. Ignorance is a disease.
VERY TRUE. Ignorance is a disease and Knowledge is power. Most men need to know that females have only XX chromosome while males have XY chromosome. Hence they determine the sex/gender of their kids based on whether they donate The X part or Y part of their chromosome before fertilization.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by HypocriticalMod: 11:03am On Aug 09, 2018
cococandy:
why can’t she keep the first husband and add another one to him?
You make no sense, who is the one with the ability to give birth? cheesy
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by pocohantas(f): 11:04am On Aug 09, 2018
HypocriticalMod:

You are now taking it personal. You forget that some men can be monogamous to the society but secretly playing a lot of away matches. It's not about the raging penis, it's about the children the man wants.

Don't fear you hear? Your husband won't marry a second wife as long as u give him the children he desires cheesy

This is not about me, it is about the kids and I don't have any fear. If my husband marries a second wife, I will leave. It is that simple for me. Give this advice to your fellow [polygamous] men.

I know how many kids I DESIRE, that's the number I will have. That number is 2!

1 Like

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by HypocriticalMod: 11:05am On Aug 09, 2018
cococandy:

Women don’t owe you children. Entitled m***foka
This one is completely pained. Hahahahahaha..
The lord said "Go out there and multiply "
As long as the man is the head and the breadwinner of the family, he is entitled to whatsoever he desires. Especially children!
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by grandstar(m): 11:08am On Aug 09, 2018
hisgrace090:
I pitied two of them, not all that easy to decide.

A man who is infertile will be grateful to have just a female child.

We humans are coveteous. Children are a gift from God (Psalms 127:3-4) Even if it's a child, give God the glory.

Look at what stupidity and unappreciation has led to
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by Toxay(m): 11:08am On Aug 09, 2018
lagosrd:

Stop being archaic and parochial. Medical procedures that involves saving lives has no time for family confirmation in sane countries and which nigeria shouldnt be an exception.

Lastly how do you now address the issue when the family member refused the patient the right to live on parochaic and religious beliefs. Do you think the judge will bring the bible out twice after the swearing of oats. Abeg na prison straight should in case you don't know
If you do not understand medical ethics, please be silent and do a little research.
Every where in the world, Doctors require patients consent or that of their relatives to perform some medical procedures except a situation whereby the patient is indisposed, the patient relatives are absent and its an emergency.
A 16yr old girl once presented with a ruptured uterus at the teaching hospital where I am undergoing training,because the patient family were absent and there was a very short time frame to save the girl, the consultant surgeon performed an emergency hysterectomy(removal of uterus), when the girl family came along with their Alfa , they verbally attacked the surgeon and later arrested him, the case was eventually settled but it took a lot of time and money despite the fact that he acted within his jurisdiction.
Now imagine what would happen if the girl's relatives were around and they objected but the surgeon decided to go ahead?

2 Likes

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by HypocriticalMod: 11:23am On Aug 09, 2018
pocohantas:

This is not about me, it is about the kids and I don't have any fear. If my husband marries a second wife, I will leave. It is that simple for me. Give this advice to your fellow [polygamous] men.

That one is your concern, my own is that you shouldn't blame the issue on raging peniis like u earlier pointed out cos that's not what it is about.

Good luck finding the one that will agree 2. cheesy
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by Tomoyayi(m): 11:33am On Aug 09, 2018
Holocene:

Yes sir....its something I see everyday

It's Some American women not American women.
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by zicoraads: 11:33am On Aug 09, 2018
pocohantas:

undecided undecided

3! undecided
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by pocohantas(f): 11:48am On Aug 09, 2018
zicoraads:

undecided undecided

3! undecided

3 is manageable.
The third can be adopted wink.
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by zicoraads: 11:52am On Aug 09, 2018
pocohantas:

3 is manageable.
The third can be adopted wink.
grin cheesy

kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by ImaIma1(f): 12:05pm On Aug 09, 2018
yeyerolling:
Desperation for marriage and poverty means many women would end up with lunatics and mad man. My uncles wife nearly died cos she was trying to gv him a son after 4 gals .she had complications and was advised not to take in. Madam no gree took in again. Had twins male survived female died . Wife spent 6 months in hospital as she almost died. Pikin na pikin abeg dangote no even get male child

My friend is the 10th girl in her family. The 11th child was finally a male child.

I cannot even imagine a woman going through childbirth 11 times.
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 09, 2018
Funny how most male children are the useless ones in some families these days.

Some parents would have died early if not for their females children.

Abeg who male help.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 09, 2018
yeyerolling:
Desperation for marriage and poverty means many women would end up with lunatics and mad man. My uncles wife nearly died cos she was trying to gv him a son after 4 gals .she had complications and was advised not to take in. Madam no gree took in again. Had twins male survived female died . Wife spent 6 months in hospital as she almost died. Pikin na pikin abeg dangote no even get male child
I realized say na poor people self de born male pass, to replace their Lazyness on this earth

2 Likes

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by Coyparrot: 12:18pm On Aug 09, 2018
jyz200:
Ogaaooo when they have useless their self my grandmother gave birth to 10 and nothing happened
really?.....invite me for your tenth child naming ceremony then.
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by lolaluv1(f): 12:18pm On Aug 09, 2018
HypocriticalMod:

Grandmother from paternal side born 12, maternal side born 14, my mum born 7. But look at the women of nowadays, just one and they will be complaining they are dying.

In fact, you are prime example of why women should have fewer kids. Instead of littering everywhere with insensitive monsters like you. tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by Coyparrot: 12:21pm On Aug 09, 2018
jyz200:
Ogaaooo when they have useless their self my grandmother gave birth to 10 and nothing happened
really?....invite me for your tenth child naming ceremony then.
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by tomdon(m): 12:21pm On Aug 09, 2018
mfm04622:

The law said doctors need consent of either the patient or their relatives. So what do you want doctors to do? Break the law and be sued and their license withdrawn?

The said patient is incapacitated to make decisions.
Relying on the benevolence of so called loved ones is not the best because in this kind of case, the so called loved one is not really a love one, his interest superceded saving her outrightly which should be number one and only priority
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by tomdon(m): 12:22pm On Aug 09, 2018
priscy525:
Doctors respect the human body....They don't and can't perform any procedure without outright permission...It's left to the person

Left to an incapacitated person??
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by ImaIma1(f): 12:22pm On Aug 09, 2018
chrizzyace:
It’s only in Nigeria you’ll see one foolish African thinking mentality man that already has 6 or more girls, and still looking for a male child, cause of one or two weird reasons.

I could remember when my wife wanted to give birth to second child, had ruptured womb, she lost blood as a result of that, I was so worried for her, and the poor child. It was devastating, she really believed and so wanted to give birth through the non-surgical process , unfortunately it didn’t, i was advised immediately for an emergency CS to be carried on her, to save her life and that of the baby. I had to agree immediately, I can’t even imagine what life would be like for me without my wife and child... I’m glad I wasn’t selfish like some men that would still go ahead and tell dr that they don’t want their wife to give birth through CS, and the poor woman will end up dying, and he’ll remarry again.

Nigerian men need to wake up and appreciate their wives, they should also learn to be in labor room with their wives to see what their wives go through during birth process.

God bless women...

Exactly like my hubby. After i had it in mind all those 9months that i wanted a normal delivery, i was told they had to do a CS because i wasnt progressing and they were losing the baby's heartbeat. I was still crying and saying i didn't want.

As soon as my husband got to the hospital, he approved without thinking twice. And i am glad he did because he said when the baby came out, she didn't cry till like close to 5min of spanking.

And as soon as she cried, he too burst into tears. Imagine if we were acting stubborn.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by HypocriticalMod: 12:38pm On Aug 09, 2018
lolaluv1:

In fact, you are prime example of why women should have fewer kids. Instead of littering everywhere with insensitive monsters like you. tongue tongue
Hahahaha.. Lazy hoes, after fucking anyhow and doing several abortions the poor future husbands will now be the ones to suffer for your atrocities. Nah, you must carry your cross grin
Real women give birth to plenty children when it's demanded. You can't eat your cake and have it. Selfish set of humans, always wanting the smooth way instead of learning to survive the tough way cheesy
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 09, 2018
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by lolaluv1(f): 12:51pm On Aug 09, 2018
Women should understand that they have the right to make decisions such as this. I had a minor op sometime back and I signed the consent form.

It is good to discuss your rights/what you want with doctors once you consult them. Because it is when you are deemed unfit to take such decisions (maybe due to unconsciousness and so on) that your next of kin is asked.

1 Like

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by lolaluv1(f): 12:58pm On Aug 09, 2018
HypocriticalMod:

Hahahaha.. Lazy hoes, after fucking anyhow and doing several abortions the poor future husbands will now be the ones to suffer for your atrocities. Nah, you must carry your cross grin
Real women give birth to plenty children when it's demanded. You can't eat your cake and have it. Selfish set of humans, always wanting the smooth way instead of learning to survive the tough way cheesy

I am not in the mood to cuss you out or roll in the mud today. I will leave the rolling in the mud to your PIG paternal grandma and her 14 bastards that she was dropping like poo out of her wide vagina, your BITCH paternal grandmother with her 11 bastards that she didn't even know where they came from and your GUTTER RAT mother with her rodents (you inclusive kiss) that she had because her wide vagina is permanently open to her mad customers.

Oloshi. A woman cannot even open her mouth to talk, you people will want to try (albeit unsuccessfully wink) to slut shame. I am not in the mood to cuss you out yet o. Just wait. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Questions Over Nigeria Virus Measures As Lockdown Period Ends / Bad Nigerian Habits That Increase Your Blood Pressure / Things You Can Relate To If You've Gone For HIV Test Before.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.