Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,041 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb (29605 Views)

Lady Died During Sex Romp With Boyfriend Who Took Drugs In Kwara / Alleged Fraud: UNTH Doctors Take Case To EFCC / UCH Ibadan Labelled Death Trap After Lady Died Due To Alleged Negligence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by flyca: 6:47am On Aug 09, 2018
Holocene:
American women tie their tubes after 2 kids and the husband can't say shit. She owns her life and husband can come and go.

Marriage ain't a do or die affair cool cool
Same as Chinese women.

1 Like

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by flyca: 6:48am On Aug 09, 2018
To me, an average family has no business with more than 2 kids irrespective of gender.

Raising a child from craddle to being an independent adult who can fend for him/herself is no child's play, especially the financial aspect.

To raise a child for the international stage, a child that will conquer poverty early, the parents have to be waded and fully present for the child. From early language school, to sports coaching, to music lessons, to make-up classes, to vacations both within and outside the country etc.

Anything outside these, most other times, the child will grow up average, then grow through in Nigerian institutions, and begin to stand in job queue. The rest of it follows - unsatisfactory pay, no leaves, no allowances, to paid vacations etc. The cycle of poverty continues.

Nigerian govt cares not for you or your kid(s)! So you have to take full responsiblity, EARLY.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by Nobody: 6:50am On Aug 09, 2018
wilson2:
But in the beginning it was not So....... Only God knows why child birth in this generation is something else...

My mum gave birth to me and my 4 siblings without going to the hospital.... 2 among us she did it all by herself without the help of any one or a doctor
fitter than todays women. Who eat mostly artificial food and live docile lives
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by Emmafe(m): 6:52am On Aug 09, 2018
This one na foolishness

Check my signature for Samsung phones deals

1 Like

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by Redhot111(m): 6:52am On Aug 09, 2018
If na naija we girl talk say the man use her womb for money rituals. But unfortunately, no be my country.

1 Like

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by miqos02(m): 6:53am On Aug 09, 2018
afroniger:
Maybe polygamy will solve all this. If men are allowed to marry more than one woman without any social stigma attached, the problem is solved because then another fertile woman will have the kids that the other one refuses to have for whatever reason. Problem solved. Let us be real, some men want lots of kids and shouldn't be made to feel guilty for that, especially if they can afford to take care of as many as they desire.
you must also be ready for the consequences of a polygamous marriage

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by lagosrd: 6:54am On Aug 09, 2018
modelmike7:
When I was doing my internship,a lady died on the operating table because her husband couldn't make up his mind about having her ruptured uterus removed cos she's had only female kids.that was his concern male child the lady bled out and died."
So sad.
He killed her!
Prayer works definitely but that is FOOLISHNESS.

So saving life doesn't superceed husband decision in emergency again?
Well these crap of a professional gan. And she was allowed to bleed till death right in front of them..... The man never killed her those unprofessional guys did.
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by afroniger: 6:55am On Aug 09, 2018
miqos02:
you must also be ready for the consequences of a polygamous marriage

Abegi. Even having only one wife has 'consequences' that can go either way. Of course it may not work for everybody but we should be open-minded to different options. Different strokes for different folks.
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by miqos02(m): 6:56am On Aug 09, 2018
wilson2:
But in the beginning it was not So....... Only God knows why child birth in this generation is something else...

My mum gave birth to me and my 4 siblings without going to the hospital.... 2 among us she did it all by herself without the help of any one or a doctor
do you know many women also lost their lives trying that route?

2 Likes

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by Auxtin85(m): 6:56am On Aug 09, 2018
I respect all women who has been through the pain of child bearing, my mother bled all through when she was pregnant of my younger brother who is about 28 now, my dad sent her out of the house even as she was bleeding, she had my younger brother while with her late mom, my younger brother has made money and lives with me in South Africa, he sometimes send money to my dad but will never call him, my dad will call to ask me if my brother even recognizes him as his father but me nor fit answer that question oo.

My wife was in labor for one week before she eventually had my baby via C-section, we were lucky to be in India as at that time she refused to be operated on i had to beg her crying my mom, her mom and my dad all cried begging her before she agreed to be operated on. In 20 min the operation was done my baby came out and she was in coma for more than 24 hours. I died and came back to live. Thank God it is all story now, but one is okay for us.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by Adeyeye09(m): 6:59am On Aug 09, 2018
Twitter haff come again o

1 Like

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by maxtop(m): 6:59am On Aug 09, 2018
DWJOBScom:

And make your wife no suffer too

That'll be your portion.
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by eyinjuege: 7:00am On Aug 09, 2018
Why are people bringing spirituality into this?
The poster said the man didnt want his wife's womb removed because she had only female children for him, and he still wanted male children.
He took that decision for his own selfish reasons, and not because he believed in prayers or whatever. Yet nobody has addressed his belief that male children is a must to have (and conveinently blame it on his faith and God. Thank goodness say they didn't blame the devil in this case. The man would probably blame the devil himself)
Afterall, the wife is not his flesh and blood, and his needs supersedes her life.
I blame those women who refuse to understand they own their own bodies, and the fact that they are the guardians and custodians of the body. If you don't want more children, go for family planning. No be by force o.
There are men with sons and daughters who still impregnate women outside their marriage.
Childbirth causes a lot of wear and tear on the body, and even the rich women or wives of rich men who have money to take care of their body still dey hear am after repeated childbirth.
And it's the poor ones who are still hustling to feed that will be stressing themselves.
Anyway, wetin concern me. Life is all about making choices and consequences.

5 Likes

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by chrizzyace: 7:02am On Aug 09, 2018
It’s only in Nigeria you’ll see one foolish African thinking mentality man that already has 6 or more girls, and still looking for a male child, cause of one or two weird reasons.

I could remember when my wife wanted to give birth to second child, had ruptured womb, she lost blood as a result of that, I was so worried for her, and the poor child. It was devastating, she really believed and so wanted to give birth through the non-surgical process , unfortunately it didn’t, i was advised immediately for an emergency CS to be carried on her, to save her life and that of the baby. I had to agree immediately, I can’t even imagine what life would be like for me without my wife and child... I’m glad I wasn’t selfish like some men that would still go ahead and tell dr that they don’t want their wife to give birth through CS, and the poor woman will end up dying, and he’ll remarry again.

Nigerian men need to wake up and appreciate their wives, they should also learn to be in labor room with their wives to see what their wives go through during birth process.

God bless women...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by JewelBukky(f): 7:03am On Aug 09, 2018
Too bad!
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by felixomor: 7:04am On Aug 09, 2018
eyinjuege:
Why are people bringing spirituality into this?
The poster said the man didnt want his wife's womb removed because she had only female children for him, and he still wanted male children.
He took 5hat decision for his own selfish reasons, and not because he believed in prayers or whatever.
Afterall, the wife is not his flesh and blood, and his needs supersedes her life.
I blame those women who refuse to understand they own their own bodies, and they are the guardians and custodians of the body. If you don't want more children, go for family planning. No be by force o.
Dont mind them
Nowadays
People are just pained and want to heap all blame on religion.
They can't even read anymore

2 Likes

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by IMASTEX: 7:06am On Aug 09, 2018
afroniger:
Maybe polygamy will solve all this. If men are allowed to marry more than one woman without any social stigma attached, the problem is solved because then another fertile and willing woman will have the kids that the other one refuses to have for whatever reason. Problem solved. Let us be real, some men want lots of kids and shouldn't be made to feel guilty for that, especially if they can afford to take care of as many as they desire.
It's a good idea. But what if the man has the infertility challenge will the woman share from this your idea?

4 Likes

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by Arielle: 7:07am On Aug 09, 2018
lagosrd:

So saving life doesn't superceed husband decision in emergency again?
Well these crap of a professional gan. And she was allowed to bleed till death right in front of them..... The man never killed her those unprofessional guys did.

True
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by dihhowner(m): 7:08am On Aug 09, 2018
Why not marry another wife if she has reached her bus stop?

2 Likes

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by afroniger: 7:11am On Aug 09, 2018
IMASTEX:

It's a good idea. But what if the man has the infertility challenge will the woman share from this your idea?

Well, I feel that in life we must be realistic and keep our cards on the table. If a man lies to his wife about the state of his fertility, the woman should be free to move on if she wants kids and can't cope with such a man's disability, without being made to feel guilty. We all have a right to our happiness in life without the burden of social stigma. That is my position.
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by Ezi1993(f): 7:12am On Aug 09, 2018
DWJOBScom:
Nothing will make me have more than 2 kids
Nothing!

Am not losing anyone
OK ooo...As for me am gonna have six.like seriously like serious.

1 Like

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by IMASTEX: 7:15am On Aug 09, 2018
kallmemrB:
Until we differentiate spirituality(religious beliefs) from medical ,death tows will still remain the same
Poverty, educated & none educated illiterate, failed system general gave birth to so many narrowed minded that we have today.

1 Like

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by IMASTEX: 7:22am On Aug 09, 2018
afroniger:

Well, I feel that in life we must be realistic and keep our cards on the table. If a man lies to his wife about the state of his fertility, the woman should be free to move on if she wants kids and can't cope with such a man's disability, without being made to feel guilty. We all have a right to our happiness in life without the burden of social stigma. That is my position.
Seconded

1 Like

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by Abiodunstephen(m): 7:23am On Aug 09, 2018
sometimes people blame men for what happened but some women are so arrogant to the issue of I must have both gender as children, imagine my neighbor after having four male children and agree family planning, the woman still went back to Doctor to remove it and took in Again but unfortunate to her, she still have twins both male.
sometime let respect whatever God give us, and try our best to give them better life they deserve.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by SmartyPants(m): 7:24am On Aug 09, 2018
modelmike7:
When I was doing my internship,a lady died on the operating table because her husband couldn't make up his mind about having her ruptured uterus removed cos she's had only female kids.that was his concern male child the lady bled out and died."
So sad.
He killed her!
Prayer works definitely but that is FOOLISHNESS.

I dont see where they mentioned that the man was praying...
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 09, 2018
SmartyPants:

I dont see where they mentioned that the man was praying...
I don't see where I wrote the man was praying, I only typed prayer works for myself.
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by 9ja083: 7:28am On Aug 09, 2018
[quote author=ghostmist post=70114292]So they couldn't stop the bleeding...?

They had to wait for her to die in order to blame the man.[/quote

That's that is the only remedy.
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by pocohantas(f): 7:29am On Aug 09, 2018
afroniger:
Maybe polygamy will solve all this. If men are allowed to marry more than one woman without any social stigma attached, the problem is solved because then another fertile and willing woman will have the kids that the other one refuses to have for whatever reason. Problem solved. Let us be real, some men want lots of kids and shouldn't be made to feel guilty for that, especially if they can afford to take care of as many as they desire.

What exactly do you call AFFORD TO TAKE CARE OF THEM?
Money right? That's the typical Nigerian father mindset. Taking care of a child goes beyond money. What of bonding with these "lots of kids", creating a right environment for them to grow.

Please, it takes more than affording it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by Saintmary(f): 7:30am On Aug 09, 2018
wilson2:

Each female body is different and has different reactions to gestation. Many women in your grandmother's time, your mother's time and even in the present day Nigeria died due to pregnancy complications but you will hardly hear the stories since some communities tag those women as witches. So many stillbirths counted to be ogbanje, emere or abiku.
Successfully carrying multiple pregnancies to term is not a measure of superiority

10 Likes

Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by afroniger: 7:32am On Aug 09, 2018
pocohantas:

What exactly do you call AFFORD TO TAKE CARE OF THEM?
Money right? That's the typical Nigerian father mindset. Taking care of a child goes beyond money. What of bonding with these "lots of kids", creating a right environment.

Please, it takes more than affording it.

Well, we live in an imperfect world, madam, therefore my solution may not be perfect but it can sure save a few lives like the one related in the post. Men are still (and will keep) having more children out of wedlock anyway, regardless.
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by Mgbadike80: 7:32am On Aug 09, 2018
afroniger:
I have been think
Re: Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb by 9ja083: 7:34am On Aug 09, 2018
ghostmist:
So they couldn't stop the bleeding...?

They had to wait for her to die in order to blame the man.

That's the only remedy.
for them to get to that point, the must have tried a all effort which must have been abortive.
Ruptured uterus is no joke. most times, complete the uterus will be done in other to save life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Questions Over Nigeria Virus Measures As Lockdown Period Ends / Bad Nigerian Habits That Increase Your Blood Pressure / Things You Can Relate To If You've Gone For HIV Test Before.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.