Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,198 members, 7,953,730 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:35 AM

Men Who Are Sweet - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men Who Are Sweet (3529 Views)

Poll: How do you guard your heart?

If I trust someone, I will let them in, I think they deserve to know how I'm feeling.: 41% (15 votes)
If I trust someone, I will let them know how I feel but never let them sway me, I rarely like to show my emotions.: 41% (15 votes)
If I trust someone, I will make it very difficult for them to get in. I don't like to show my emotions.: 5% (2 votes)
I let nobody in.: 11% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Lagos Girls Are Sweet! / TEN Types Of Men Who Will Cheat On You No Matter What [must Read For Ladies] / Stolen Waters Are Sweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Pweety4me(f): 5:07am On Jun 22, 2010
Faher:

^^^ Well, that has been my point all along wink
A guy needs to be tough and caring. But to cry? No-no

Lolz go jo. . .lemme see your tear drop now angry tongue

Dat's wat topup likes & she did not say she wanted a 'cry baby' so allow her be jare all women r not d same.
tongue
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Faher(m): 5:09am On Jun 22, 2010
^^^ You know I'll cry with/for you, if that's what it'll take cheesy grin tongue
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Pweety4me(f): 5:11am On Jun 22, 2010
^Shhhh no derailing & definetly NO CRYING!! lipsrsealed
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Faher(m): 5:14am On Jun 22, 2010
^^ Okay Pweety. a demain.
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Acidosis(m): 7:31am On Jun 22, 2010
Tough guy? As in, a guy that can beat the hell out of a lady after taking 25 bottles of bear? I don't understand
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 22, 2010
@poster
my stand on this is very simple:
if a man doesnt cry because he hasnt got any emotion or rather has a heart of stone then thats ok but if a guy pretends/acts tough so that he wont be seen by the "woman he loves" as weak then thats wrong in my book simply because you should show that person who you truly are. pretending to be someone you are not is definitely not beneficial for any long term relationship. as for the gal you just met at the club, thats another story.

i have no problem being weak, thats a trait that we all have. some people will hide and weep in private while i would let the tear flow as soon as they are ready to come out. if you've lost someone dear to you, you will cry. . . . . . and everything or every movie that will remind you of them will make you shed a tear.

whats the point of being in a relationship if you cant use the shoulder of your woman to cry and share your pain when you down?! ITS HER DUTY, lol!!!!!
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by madlady(f): 7:51am On Jun 22, 2010
[quote author=MRbrownJAY link=topic=466924.msg6259778#msg6259778 date=1277189126

whats the point of being in a relationship if you cant use the shoulder of your woman to cry and share your pain when you down?! ITS HER DUTY, lol!!!!!
[quote][/quote]

Exactly!!!!
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by MissyB1(m): 8:30am On Jun 22, 2010
topup:

Hey House!!

I hold the opinion that the best man for me is a sweetheart, strong in decision making, financial and career wise, but very soft when it comes to matters of the heart.

I'm not talking about a momma's boy or a cry baby - there is a difference!!

I am talking about a man who is in control of his emotions, but has emotions to control in the first place
tongue

Same here!!!

I Love men who aren't scared of showing emotions.
Truth is . . . .Your strength is capable of attracting me but Your 'weakness' and ability to put ego aside and do certain things humans do, is what's capable of making me Love and stay with You.
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by daylae(m): 8:44am On Jun 22, 2010
Missy B:

Same here!!!

I Love men who aren't scared of showing emotions.
Truth is . . . .Your strength is capable of attracting me but Your 'weakness' and ability to put ego aside and do certain things humans do, is what's capable of making me Love and stay with You.
certainly, men are not robots undecided.  they do all what humans do smiley
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by MissyB1(m): 8:52am On Jun 22, 2010
daylae:

certainly, men are not robots undecided.  they do all what humans do smiley
Yes! Like - eat, sleep, complain, have s[i]e[/i]x and be foolish.   tongue
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Nobody: 8:53am On Jun 22, 2010
^^ wht do u mean by foolish?
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by MissyB1(m): 8:56am On Jun 22, 2010
Your 2,194 posts on NL should explain berra.  grin grin
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by kokonets(m): 8:58am On Jun 22, 2010
Why should a man cry and show feelings that aint real undecided I feel a man should show concern and empathy towards his woman's feelings (its beta appreciated IMO) rather than shed tears cos he wants to act like he cares or he's tough. . .thats lame grin tongue
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by tkb417(m): 8:59am On Jun 22, 2010
Missy B:

Yes! Like - eat, sleep, complain, have s[i]e[/i]x and be foolish.   tongue
same applies to women

we act the same way
the only difference is our genitals/sex organs

@Topic
im not a cry cry dude
can show emotions in many other ways but not joining ma babe in a cry expedition
i only cry thrice in a  decade
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by kokonets(m): 9:02am On Jun 22, 2010
^^^^U no every how far padi grin grin
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 22, 2010
Missy B:

Your 2,194 posts on NL should explain berra.  grin grin
meaning
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Nobody: 9:05am On Jun 22, 2010
I dont want my man brawling in public undecided

I mean I hardly cry myself and I certainly wont want a cry baby for a husby!

It's cool to be sensitive but not overly. And NO, I dont want my man crying on our wedding day! shocked
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by tkb417(m): 9:07am On Jun 22, 2010
kokonets:

^^^^U no every how far padi grin grin
im strollin in mars hombre

cant ask for more

hope u scaling dem schitzos
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by MissyB1(m): 9:09am On Jun 22, 2010
**Runs into Tkb's arms** Been ages, Darl. Missed You. grin grin kiss

tkb417:

same applies to women

we act the same way
the only difference is our focal places/sex organs
Erhhmmm. . . Perchance.

odiaero:

meaning
Figorritout!!!
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by tkb417(m): 9:12am On Jun 22, 2010
Missy B:

**Runs into Tkb's arms** Been ages, Darl. Missed You. grin grin kiss
sweet babe kiss kiss kiss

so wa alright?
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 22, 2010
Missy B:

**Runs into Tkb's arms** Been ages, Darl. Missed You.  grin grin kiss
Erhhmmm. . . Perchance.
Figorritout!!!
if not say are a 4rm B-Side, i would hv sledge hammered your face to Mr Biggs grin
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by MissyB1(m): 9:16am On Jun 22, 2010
tkb417:

sweet babe kiss kiss kiss

so wa alright?
Mo wa pa. tongue
You abandoned me. sad cry
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by kokonets(m): 9:16am On Jun 22, 2010
tkb417:

im strollin in mars hombre

cant ask for more

hope u scaling dem schitzos

I am comrade, mos def!
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by iice(f): 9:23am On Jun 22, 2010
@Topic
I like tough guys. I'm a tough person. A soft man will be flattened.
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Cute500(f): 10:01am On Jun 22, 2010
I am the quiet,reserved type and i dont go out of my way to look for trouble. In as much as i wouldnt want my husband to cry on our wedding day, the ideal man for me would have to possess these qualities:

Soft hearted,meaning that he has genuine feelings,and things that ought to hurt me would automatically hurt him too.
He would be free to share his worries and pain with me
Must have a big heart in the sense that he would be able to love me wit all his heart, wuld not cheat, be honest and want the best for me.
He must be able to want me around(cuz i realize dat some men love it wen they are away from their wives)

i could go on and on, but the little above that i have mentioned would be the ideal man for me.
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Onchedu(m): 10:22am On Jun 22, 2010
The elusive man. That's who U've described. Looks good and very desirable but trust me the end with him is usually sadness to U. Firm in decision and in control of his emotions means whatever he does for U, he does cos he wants to and not ever because U "made him do it;" and what he doesn't do he doesn't do because he has chosen to not do it and there really isnt a thing U can do about it. Which woman is there alive that doesnt enjoy the secret pleasure of knowing she can make her man do things she wants him too?

Do U know what happens to a woman that feels she's helpless in influencing her man's decisions? Do U realize that she spends the rest of her life and energy trying to "break him" even if being unbroken has never been a bad thing in the long run for them?

Women want a strong firm man but trust me the one's that find the few string firm men in the core sense of it hardly ever get validation of worth from him.

Men are not strong. We are weak somewhere even when we look strong and we need wives that understand just were and can help us stand there better than we would on our own.

Maybe I misunderstood your post. A decisive man that has an internal council of "elders" and has his emotions under control with out being in consistent touch with God and living in His perfect love is the most dangerous man anyone can come across. Very attractive but dangerous cos U can't say U have him and there's just no telling what he'l decide to do next.
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Onchedu(m): 10:30am On Jun 22, 2010
As for the poll, If I trust, I let in door after door after door, closer and closer to my heart but no one gets thru the last two doors. That's sacred zone.
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by vivaladiva(f): 11:21am On Jun 22, 2010
i think prefs change and should change with age
btw the ages of 16-24/23, i think most women pref the bad boy type, u know the love em and leave em kind of kind
they need a good sweet guy but in reality they want a bad boy, they want to work hard for a mans love, i bliv it makes things more interesting
as most of our desires tend to be driven by want, at this age a good, safe and humble guy, becomes boring real fast

after the ages of 25, i think most modern women like to know wat direction their lives r taking, n wld pref a guy who is stable, reliable and perhaps some one they can plan a future with

i also think that culture and up bringin play a very vital role in wat kind of man a woman will be attracted to later in life
within the nigerian context,there is this unspoken rule that if u show a woman too much love she is likely to take the piss
so the men walk around all emotionally constipated while the women see this as normal man behaviour

personally i like a guy who is confident enough to show his emotions without feeling it makes him less of a man
no one likes to feel vulnurable but unfortunately to experience true passion and true love one has to let their guards down

i tend to attract guys who r seriously emotionally constipated and i think my personality doesnt help much
they mis interprete my independence and being opinionated as a high propensity to want to dominate a man if given the chance, the fact that i have dated mostly nigerian men doesnt help much

nigerian men on the other hand think they need a soft agreeable g/f or wife, but in reality they get bored of this kind of women real quick and off cos take the piss with this kind of woman

nigerian men need and want a strong independent intelligent woman, at first they will act like they r hard as nails when in actaual fact they r inlove but r afraid to show it. the only down side, is strong women like me cant wait around all day waiting for u to and make ur feelings known, so pls dont leave it too fcking late

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Rajalat: 11:40am On Jun 22, 2010
What would be your definition of tough?

I know a lot of my friends have a no - tear rule, not crying - TEAR!! Not now, not ever, not on the wedding day, not ever.

They believe men shouldn't have tears.

But I. . lol, want a human being not a robot, and I want the truth, and not a man who straightens himself and puts on a front just to address me.

There is something very fascinating and alluring about a man who is composed, but on rare occasions, you see him be human, and feel the way I do. If he never cried, I would not be able to differentiate between levels of pain, and I prefer implosive than explosive. I don't like men who shout "I SAID I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT!!" - not a good point for me. I would prefer the strong silent type Tongue

(I wish to modify the poll to make option 2 and 3 the same option - but I guess the totals will just be added together - they are basically the same idea).

Man i wish i can be like this dude cos am kind of soft person and people use to take me for granted,
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by iice(f): 11:59am On Jun 22, 2010
vivaladiva:

i tend to attract guys who r seriously emotionally constipated and i think my personality doesnt help much
they mis interprete my independence and being opinionated as a high propensity to want to dominate a man if given the chance, the fact that i have dated mostly nigerian men doesnt help much

nigerian men on the other hand think they need a soft agreeable g/f or wife, but in reality they get bored of this kind of women real quick and off cos take the piss with this kind of woman

nigerian men need and want a  strong independent intelligent woman, at first they will act like they r hard as nails when in actaual fact they r inlove but r afraid to show it.  the only down side, is strong  women like me cant wait around all day waiting for u to and make your feelings known, so pls dont leave it too fcking late

I'm kinda like you when it comes to the independence and being opinionated.  But i don't attract the emotionally constipated ones (I wouldn't mind grin).  I get the emotional wrecks. 
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by 28Schweet(f): 12:09pm On Jun 22, 2010
in this instance are sweet and weak synonymous?
A man who knows how to show emotion (pain, anger, happiness) is better than one who is just bland. U know what they say ladies, still waters run deep cool

Personally I prefer an emotional guy (expressive) because then I wont have to guess what he's feeling or not feeling and I know when I cry, he'll hug me and comfort me, instead of asking if he can call my mother/girlfriend or ask if there's something he can do, an emotional guy, knows how to respond to his woman's emotional needs,
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by segzicres(m): 12:25pm On Jun 22, 2010
when ladies say a guy is sweet then just know that he's a dummy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Do A Girl Mean By I Need Space / - / How Happy Are You In Your Current Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.