Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Is This True About People Working In Lagos? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is This True About People Working In Lagos? (42071 Views)

Is This True About Salaries In The UK. / Share Your Experience Working In A Loan Shark Company / Working In A Hotel For 6 Months Now: My Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This True About People Working In Lagos? by anochuko01(m): 3:39pm On Aug 11, 2018
GoldenJAT:
Exaggeration!!!People go still survive, eat and save.
Save how much for how long, and from how much salary?
Re: Is This True About People Working In Lagos? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 11, 2018
purityval:
It’s very true, over 70% work for transporters, landlord and food vendors. Any change wey remain na for toiletries.

shocked
Re: Is This True About People Working In Lagos? by BiafranBushBoy: 3:40pm On Aug 11, 2018
lol
purityval:
It’s very true, over 70% work for transporters, landlord and food vendors. Any change wey remain na for toiletries.

Make Oga Sam catch you cheesy
Re: Is This True About People Working In Lagos? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 11, 2018
BlueRayDick:
Speak for yourself bro. If you can't pay Ur bills after one month hustle in Lagos, you better relocate back to your village and start farming
What exactly do you mean by 'bills'?

2 Likes

Re: Is This True About People Working In Lagos? by Emytea(m): 3:42pm On Aug 11, 2018
una no get work abi if i slap d writer of this lubbish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This True About People Working In Lagos? by GoldenJAT(m): 3:42pm On Aug 11, 2018
anochuko01:

Save how much for how long, and from how much salary?
it depends bro!!! Bottom line is that.... People will still cope very well.

1 Like

Re: Is This True About People Working In Lagos? by afroxyz: 3:44pm On Aug 11, 2018
Smart people are using social media to work from home and diversifying their sources of income and this one is here yarning trash. Can an Uber driver in Enugu make up to 300k a month? Or can a make up artists in onitsha make 150k from tying gele? Abeg speak for yourself. If Lagos no favour you, no generalize am abeg

5 Likes

Re: Is This True About People Working In Lagos? by Slim101(m): 3:47pm On Aug 11, 2018
It's almost true.
Re: Is This True About People Working In Lagos? by phr33man(m): 3:48pm On Aug 11, 2018
We are all working indirectly for Tinubu that brought out hoodlums to milk the transporters of their money and landlords.

2 Likes

Re: Is This True About People Working In Lagos? by donbachi(m): 3:49pm On Aug 11, 2018
lagos people and drinking garri na 5 and 6.
Re: Is This True About People Working In Lagos? by zinizta: 3:50pm On Aug 11, 2018
Fact!!!!!!
Re: Is This True About People Working In Lagos? by adeoba2008(m): 3:54pm On Aug 11, 2018
Its all about being wise about it. Some likes living above their income.. The gist that you should live closer to your office. To be candid, transportation in Lagos is Wow. It takes grace to save.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This True About People Working In Lagos? by anochuko01(m): 3:56pm On Aug 11, 2018
GoldenJAT:
it depends bro!!! Bottom line is that.... People will still cope very well.
thats the point im making too. work should create wealth in the long run and not just for survival or coping.

2 Likes

Re: Is This True About People Working In Lagos? by Mydazz(m): 3:59pm On Aug 11, 2018
It's an incomplete truth,..... the other variables are Accommodation and Children School fees.
Re: Is This True About People Working In Lagos? by 12Monkeys: 4:08pm On Aug 11, 2018
DoTheNeedful:
When people make posts like this, they should put them in proper perspective. The truth of what is written there depends largely on the salary the person earns. Maybe the writer is just a fresh graduate working for a one-man business and earning 70k per month.

70k a month will make you a big boy in most cities in Nigeria

Some have built houses with that income.

Lagos to me is the most expensive and overrated city in Nigeria.

Abuja is far cheaper to live.

The best city to live an work is Calabar.

If you earn 250k in calabar you can own your own house with ease in 3yrs.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This True About People Working In Lagos? by proeast(m): 4:08pm On Aug 11, 2018
That's the bitter truth! Many guys have been working for donkey years in Lagos with no achievement. Some will just buy a car to camouflage while the rest goes to eating and paying rent. Even Abuja is still the same except you are connected with politicians one way or the other. I left Lagos back to the East in 2013 and that was one of the best decisions I've taken so far. I don't think I would have achieved what I have now if I had remained in Lagos.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This True About People Working In Lagos? by kenny1313(m): 4:09pm On Aug 11, 2018
DoTheNeedful:
When people make posts like this, they should put them in proper perspective. The truth of what is written there depends largely on the salary the person earns. Maybe the writer is just a fresh graduate working for a one-man business and earning 70k per month.

If it was up to 70k I bet this Op won't have created this trend.

2 Likes

Re: Is This True About People Working In Lagos? by HenryThegreat1(m): 4:11pm On Aug 11, 2018
80% - 90% of those working in Lagos are working for accommodation, transportation, schoo l fees and other unnecessary expenditures with little or nothing to save. Lagos hard my people.

3 Likes

Re: Is This True About People Working In Lagos? by RealSolution: 4:13pm On Aug 11, 2018
The post is 90% truthfully truthful about Lagos and what lots of people go through to stay afloat.. Many people with families don't even earn up to 70k per month.. And with the way Lagos is planned that makes most traffic to work a one way thing.. Populace face same way to work and same way coming from work ( no ring road like most state capitals) .
Lagos is syn with most people living far away from work station..
Way out .... Start your own biz, start early and grow it ,,,,, but since not everyone will be an entrepreneur, manage , don't complain or relocate to a less populous city or town or village..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This True About People Working In Lagos? by jolyment: 4:18pm On Aug 11, 2018
Apus:
Very true. Imagine spending 28k plus every month on transport to work. Is it not madness!!

The 28k is enough for my own transport for a year in my location.

3 Likes

Re: Is This True About People Working In Lagos? by FunnyDude(m): 4:18pm On Aug 11, 2018
This is very true and correct. I was born and breed in Lag.

After my service year, I got a job of 45k and spent 1500 daily for transport to work making it 36k ; woke up early as 5am and I will still be late to work till I stopped that job.

A room-self con is about 300k/Annum at mainland area of Lagos.

2 bedroom is 500k+

Na so I run comot for lag

13 Likes

Re: Is This True About People Working In Lagos? by eniorisha(m): 4:21pm On Aug 11, 2018
To some extent, it's true! People still make it in Lagos sha! It's still better for graduate & skill hustlers than to remain in d village earning less than N12k monthly. Finally, Lagos portents opportunities. A graduate earning 30k today may in few year time , earns many times DT 30k

3 Likes

Re: Is This True About People Working In Lagos? by topaz321: 4:26pm On Aug 11, 2018
Auladimeji:
Only Lagos is overrated, very dirty,her citizens disobey laws and everyone is always angry

Hmmm .. only Lagos residents disobey ? You must be really pained.
Re: Is This True About People Working In Lagos? by OhiOfIhima: 4:28pm On Aug 11, 2018
internationalman:
Does it mean your work can never be close to your house?

what about those that really come home, like those working in a hotel.

Do the Danfo drivers also use all their salaries for transport fare?

rubbish post

Oga.. There is not rubbish abt dis post I beg.. Dis is exactly what most people living in commuter area of Lagos experience on yearly basic. The painful part of it u can't advice dem to quit because they have already acquit wit family responsibilities.. So they doing dis to put roof on their family head.. Not to even feed them well. If yours is of good side don't undervalued wht other people go through..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This True About People Working In Lagos? by karlboss: 4:30pm On Aug 11, 2018
awelekiti:
I've always said this. Lagos isn't for those who know how to work, but for the idealists. if you have viable ideas, you can own estates in Lagos.

Tell us one viable idea that can make one own estates in Lagos

Those born and bred in Lagos know that making it in Lagos easily was a thing of the past.

People in the East see Lagos as a place where people pick money on the floor.

When lagosians relocate to east to start business they see us as mad people

Many people in the East want to come to Lagos because they believe money is here.

What an irony. Nigeria generally not easy like before

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This True About People Working In Lagos? by Glink2018(m): 4:31pm On Aug 11, 2018
Teewhy2:
Average Lagos Salary = #50,000

Transportation Berger to Lekki = @ #650 per day (23)= #14,950

Feeding @ #700/per day = 26 x # 500 = # 13,000

Average Housing (1 bed) = #250,000/12 = # 20,833.33

Total cost = # 48,783.33

At the end of the day person is working for nothing in Lagos.
May God help us.
Why did you take the matter on the wrong side.
Lagos is full of opportunities if you can hustle. Chinese man came to Lagos , he said he can pick money every corner of the street (figuratively)
There are people earning 50k and they've built there own house and drive their own cars.
So, what works for me may not necessarily work for you.

3 Likes

Re: Is This True About People Working In Lagos? by Urchmandee(m): 4:36pm On Aug 11, 2018
internationalman:
Does it mean your work can never be close to your house?

what about those that really come home, like those working in a hotel.

Do the Danfo drivers also use all their salaries for transport fare?

rubbish post

He said majority, he didn't say everybody working in Lagos...
Re: Is This True About People Working In Lagos? by Teewhy2: 4:37pm On Aug 11, 2018
Glink2018:

Why did you take the matter on the wrong side.
Lagos is full of opportunities if you can hustle. Chinese man came to Lagos , he said he can pick money every corner of the street (figuratively)
There are people earning 50k and they've built there own house and drive their own cars.
So, what works for me may not necessarily work for you.
If you are earning 50k and you don't have a legal side business and you have your house and owns cars then you are doing something that you won't want people to know about.

11 Likes

Re: Is This True About People Working In Lagos? by engrjacuzzi: 4:38pm On Aug 11, 2018
Apus:
Very true. Imagine spending 28k plus every month on transport to work. Is it not madness!!

you must be living at agbado or itokì and work on the island. that's slavery my brother

2 Likes

Re: Is This True About People Working In Lagos? by deebrownneymar: 4:40pm On Aug 11, 2018
So very true!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

25-Year-Old Lady Called To Bar By Her Mother, Former Attorney General. Photo / Carpenter Excited As Businessman Purchases 15 Coffins. See Photos / Timilehin Bello, Meet Media Panache Nigeria CEO: "I Enjoy Being My Own Boss"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.