Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,996 members, 7,863,587 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:51 PM

Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! - TV/Movies (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! (207376 Views)

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Amplified (The Official Thread of BBA 6) / Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by ScreenDiva: 5:30pm On Aug 10, 2010
Right now Max is in the barn, Yes Lerato ex-beau is in the Barn!!!! but the former Zambian housemate has clearly told Biggie that he is married and has a child now and that sparks would not be flying between him and Lerato, on the other hand Lerato was shocked to see Max and told Biggie in her Diary session that although she is happy to see Max but her relationship with him now is purely platonic. (What is Biggie up to First it was Sammie's ex-beau, now Lerato.)

One funny thing is that since Max entered the house till now he has been, Nigeria this, Nigeria that, the guy has been clearly dazed with Naija and Nigerians, I an still trying to hear whether he is married to a Nigerian or befriended one, he wants to prepare garri, pepper soup and co, he has just been naming Naija's musicians and Naija foods, Nollywood actors that if you have not been to Nigeria or you are not from Nigeria you would either want to visit or you would be envious.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Ambber(f): 5:32pm On Aug 10, 2010
Well, I truly feel Uti's pains on the loss of his father and whatever decision he takes, I can only wish him well.

However, if his father's burial will be done while the game is still on, the best thing for him to do is to quit when it is close to the burial in honour of his father. He should attend, his father can not be buried 2ce and he has been in BB house 2ce! that is if biggy refuses him a chaperon (The chaperon option can not work in all fairness)

He can not guarantee that he will win the money not with all the beef against him and I do not see naija winning back2back. The whole atmosphere is still filled with bile over Kevin's well deserved win. He will not feel good with himself years later that he was within reach and he did not pay his last respects and worse still did not win the money. He stands to gain a whole lot more already with his package.

On a lighter note, why is biggy bringing in the exes to the barn? is he playing cupid?
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by sultan003(m): 6:42pm On Aug 10, 2010
My sincere condolences to Uti and i hope he makes the right decision.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by naijagal(f): 7:17pm On Aug 10, 2010
as annoyin as max is i have to admit he is livening up d barn real well, d boys r all goofing around and having fun
lady of d barn lerato is not doing badly either, she has really won me over dis year
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 10, 2010
With the way the barnmates are talking about Uti, the guy needs to go home asap. Sammie went as far as saying Uti is cursed because he is smiling and gisting about girls just a day after he heard about his Dad. Max went on to call him a foolish and greedy boy. Even Hannington and Lerato are perplexed as they did not expect him to still be in the house. I wish i knew Uti's family so they can call him to come home asap
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by naijagal(f): 8:33pm On Aug 10, 2010
i actually thought uti had left d show only to see him having an arguement with d guys in d house about gals and sex shocked embarassed
hanni, sammi, lerato & max also watching in d barn cannot understand wat he is still doing in d house
sammi (ever dramatic and a tad childish) goes on and on bout how uti is dis & dat and how he wanted to leave d house and come to 9ja for d funeral as well to support him
@ dis point am confused as well d bb producers should just ask him to leave, infact his family should ask him to come home now cos dis is not making him or them look good at all
am so sad at dis turn of events cry
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by GTay(m): 8:36pm On Aug 10, 2010
tatiana009:

With the way the barnmates are talking about Uti, the guy needs to go home asap. Sammie went as far as saying Uti is cursed because he is smiling and gisting about girls just a day after he heard about his Dad. Max went on to call him a foolish and greedy boy. Even Hannington and Lerato are perplexed as they did not expect him to still be in the house. I wish i knew Uti's family so they can call him to come home asap

^^^ Yeah i saw that. But i think Sammy went a bit overboard with his emotions.

He had said earlier that Nigeria and Ghana are ONE and like brothers. He said if UTI had gone home, he would have no option but to do the same, in support of UTI and Nigerians.

He was visibly frustrated also by seeing UTI gisting (about s_e_x) and smiling in the lounge with the rest of the guys. He broke down in tears and yelled 4UK you!

Hannington had to hold him and convinced him to cool down and wait until sunday (recalling also how Jen lost someone from last season's edition but had to chill until sunday before making an exit decision - courtesy of BB)
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Osama12: 8:38pm On Aug 10, 2010
For the fact that your father is dead should move him out of that demon infested house.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by aieromon(m): 8:39pm On Aug 10, 2010
i actually thought uti had left d show only to see him having an arguement with d guys in d house about gals and sex

He was fighting a lost cause and really talking like a kid.He really needs to switch friends when he comes back to Naija.

BTW,whats up with Max and this Naija talk?
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by GTay(m): 8:42pm On Aug 10, 2010
aieromon:

He was fighting a lost cause and really talking like a kid.He really needs to switch friends when he comes back to Naija.

BTW,whats up with Max and this Naija talk?

Max is playing a trick on Sammy that he is from Nigeria, hence the Naija Talk
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 10, 2010
Yeah Sammie is definitely playing to the gallery but he's making Uti look really bad. I foresee them nominating him on monday because they all feel its disrespectful for him to stay on. And if he stays on, there's no way he wouldn't laugh or gist as its only natural but we all know that Africans are very hypocritical and it would be really bad for him and Nigeria. Some people are already saying Nigerians like money too much and people like Sammie and Paloma will keep trying to make him look back.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by ScreenDiva: 8:44pm On Aug 10, 2010
It is clear to me now why Max was like Naija this, Naija that, Sammie actually believed that Max is from Nigeria, so Max decided to mess with his head hence their discussion about Nigeria. So far he has been playing tricks on the Barnmates and even referred to Hanny & Lerato as LEHANNY!!! This season, so many positive things about Nigeria apart form the 419/scammer our films and music has really gone far. The other day Meryl was singing Ifunaya, one of Psquare’s track, the housemates seem to know more about Nigeria film/music.

Its seems Sammie wants out,  The guy has been having emotional breakdown every now and again, I saw Hanny consoling him to hold on till Sunday, even on yesterday's highlight, he was seen crying all to himself. Well, I would get more details later.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by GTay(m): 8:45pm On Aug 10, 2010
naijagal:

@ dis point am confused as well d bb producers should just ask him to leave, infact his family should ask him to come home now cos dis is not making him or them look good at all
am so sad at dis turn of events cry

Naijagal, I was really hoping he would build on yesterday's events to his advantage. But it appears i was wrong! He's gone back to his old self sadly.  sad
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by aieromon(m): 8:52pm On Aug 10, 2010
GTay:

Max is playing a trick on Sammy that he is from Nigeria, hence the Naija Talk

Either Max is drunk or he's just a plain retard angry angry angryLousy idiot with senseless talk
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by princessk1: 8:59pm On Aug 10, 2010
i am appalled  and sad how can uti still be in the house, what kind of greed makes a man say he will not return home and mourn with his family, jen lost a brother and she asked immediately to leave but big brother told her  she can either go immediatly or wait till sunday and she did. uti loses his father and wants to stay till the end? where is his family why are they not calling him and asking him home?
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 10, 2010
Actually he's supposed to go for the funeral for 4days or so and return to the house. Guess big brother isn't ready to forfeit the votes from Nigerian. In theory its not a bad idea, after all one takes days off work and then return to work. Life doesn't stop just because he lost he's Dad. Unfortunately, this is T.V and he'll be judged by people from different parts of Africa who have different views on mourning.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by adamse(f): 9:11pm On Aug 10, 2010
^^^^^ me think,its best for him to go.a whole father!! what better way is to mourn a father?
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by v24m(f): 9:31pm On Aug 10, 2010
Puuuuulezzzzzzz guys so because Uti's dad died his whole world should crumble, its very easy for us to judge him because we are watching him on tv and so every1 is looking out for reactions from him, if anyone here was in his shoes you will want to be around people that will lessen the grief for you and thats what the poor boy is doing, sammy or whtever just went overboard with the whole drama i ws so pisssed with the whole sammy drama who is he to judge Uti, as 9jas we know that burial ceremonies could tk up to weeks or even months to arrange, if Uti's family felt he had to be in the country asap they would have mentioned it to Biggie so please guys lets not worsen the poor boys grief no one has had more criticism than Uti in this season. abeg, abeg, abeg make una free the guy
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by naijagal(f): 9:54pm On Aug 10, 2010
v24m:

sammy or whtever just went overboard with the whole drama i ws so pisssed with the whole sammy drama who is he to judge Uti, as 9jas we know that burial ceremonies could tk up to weeks or even months to arrange, if Uti's family felt he had to be in the country asap they would have mentioned it to Biggie so please guys lets not worsen the poor boys grief no one has had more criticism than Uti in this season. abeg, abeg, abeg make una free the guy
d issue is uti's attitude right now, arguing and shouting about sex a day after he heard of his fathers demise doesnt paint him in a good light at all
am not saying he should sit in a corner and cry his eyes out but he should show some respect and restraint now more than ever
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by dandollar1: 9:57pm On Aug 10, 2010
v24m:

Puuuuulezzzzzzz guys so because Uti's dad died his whole world should crumble, its very easy for us to judge him because we are watching him on tv and so every1 is looking out for reactions from him, if anyone here was in his shoes you will want to be around people that will lessen the grief for you and thats what the poor boy is doing, sammy or whtever just went overboard with the whole drama i ws so pisssed with the whole sammy drama who is he to judge Uti, as 9jas we know that burial ceremonies could tk up to weeks or even months to arrange, if Uti's family felt he had to be in the country asap they would have mentioned it to Bigngie so please guys lets not worsen the poor boys grief no one has had more criticism than Uti in this season. abeg, abeg, abeg make una free the guy

i wonder o.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by montelik(m): 10:01pm On Aug 10, 2010
Did somebody write and distribute an official hand book on how to mourn properly. Look people are allowed to have their own opinions about Uti's decisions or behavior, but none of us are in his head or his heart. You don't know what sort of discussions he has had with BB or family on this issue, so to somehow say he behaving wrongly is very presumptuous and unfair. Its a private decision and many of us are not privy to facts. It disturbs me that some people are so willing to make final judgment, when they don't even have a full picture. I recall when some one close to my family once passed on. The usual procession of "professional mourners" were constantly on my case because I didn't mourn they way some expected me to (expressing raw emotion e.t.c). It was a very painful and annoying experience to be called names and be insulted because I didn't meet some other peoples expectation of mourning standards, despite the fact that I was dealing with my grief in my own way.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by princessk1: 12:10am On Aug 11, 2010
montelik:

Did somebody write and distribute an official hand book on how to mourn properly. Look people are allowed to have their own opinions about Uti's decisions or behavior, but none of us are in his head or his heart. You don't know what sort of discussions he has had with BB or family on this issue, so to somehow say he behaving wrongly is very presumptuous and unfair. Its a private decision and many of us are not privy to facts. It disturbs me that some people are so willing to make final judgment, when they don't even have a full picture. I recall when some one close to my family once passed on. The usual procession of "professional mourners" were constantly on my case because I didn't mourn they way some expected me to (expressing raw emotion e.t.c). It was a very painful and annoying experience to be called names and be insulted because I didn't meet some other peoples expectation of mourning standards, despite the fact that I was dealing with my grief in my own way.
that is true, i personally apologise for what i wrote earlier its actually nice to see him looking cheered up, its just the sex talk that was a little annoying but am in no place to judge.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by kaydee(m): 12:16am On Aug 11, 2010
A friend lost his fiancée this week after spending heavily on hospital bills.He stopped crying almost instantly.I told him he's one of the strongest dudes i know.We react differently to emotional pains.Uti is quite strong.Life goes on
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by mumagee(f): 9:59am On Aug 11, 2010
When I lost my father I did not cry for a month, People started calling me a man but funny enough after I personally organised his burial, made all the arrangement for my mum's mourning, refurnished the house so that she will have new look when she came back from the village, made sure my siblings all went back to school, then I got back to my apartment from work one friday and couldn't stop crying till monday when I went back to work and to think I was Uti's age mate then. I am from same area as he is and if the guy comes back people will just try to make him miserable.
Let him stay for as long as he wAnts and be who he is.
To me I think Uti is not playing to win so let's enjoy the entertainment while it last. That is what he brings to the house.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by tsquaure(f): 10:16am On Aug 11, 2010
i second that mumagee. everyone reacts to grief differently
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by otumfour(m): 12:18pm On Aug 11, 2010
grin grin grin max is too funny lmao grin grin grin juz wondering how they brought in paloma instead of him, then again dude is married now and has a kid,
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Gunnergal: 1:47pm On Aug 11, 2010
Got a better insight into Uti's decision to stay through his diary room session.

From the website:

In Uti's Diary session Biggie asked Uti how difficult it is to maintain a balance of realities of being in the House and thinking about what's happening outside with the recent passing of his father.

Uti explains that it was really difficult when he first found out. He said that he has chosen to block a part of his brain from thinking about it because he doesn't want to face it. Uti explained that its its extreme for him, one minute he feels really low, and at other points he's on a high. He said that he doesn't know how to process it. Being in the House has been like a drug for him, an escape and he doesn't want to think about going back home. The thought of going home and facing his emotions is scary and drives him crazy. He said that he is trying to distract himself and its challenging because he's never felt this kind of clash of emotions.

When Biggie asked him how the other Housemates are relating to him, he said that at first they were treating him special but when he told them that he doesn't want pity they began to treat him the same. Uti said that it feels like it hasn't happened, its like a dream or a really bad nightmare and doesn't wanna go back and face the reality. He said that the other Housemates had a chance to see his emotional side, and he doesn't know if its made them respect him more or disrespect him. He blocked it and said that when he goes home, he'll face it.

The Task has helped to distract him.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 11, 2010
Africa is a very hypocritical continent, people constantly deciding what is best for someone else. For this reason alone, i think Uti should go home on Sunday. The haters have latched unto his plight and they will keep going on and on about how he chose money over family. Even someone like Sammie will nominate him on monday, stating that he's upset by how Uti is disrespecting the African mourning culture, blah blah. If the dude gets nominated people will not vote for him as a lot of people think he should honour his father and go home. It will be very bad for him to refuse to leave and then be evicted to the barn. Even if he decides to leave then, it will make him look pretty bad. I pity the dude, its a lose lose situation. He should just go home on Sunday, sure he'll be one of the more successful BB Housmates anyway and he'll get the fame and money in no time.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Ambber(f): 2:45pm On Aug 11, 2010
@tatiana009 I agree wt you. I also kind of think Uti is waiting for a word from his family. His mum is still probably in India and maybe no date has been fixed yet but with the turn of events his family should ask him to come home. The barn mates are going to nominate him. Sammie that is crying wolf may be west african but he doesn't know southern naijas don't have to bury their dead immediately. The rest of africa doesn't know but they judge
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by ScreenDiva: 3:08pm On Aug 11, 2010
@EVERYONE!!!!!

LEAVE UTI'S LIFE TO BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uti has told viewers and his housemates repeatedly what his decision is and i think we should respect that, Na person wey wear the shoe na him know where e dey pain am!!!!!!!!. At this point its left for his family and Biggie to decide, as he has told us that it was his father's last wish that he came to BBA 5, his father gave him his blessings, I do not think he would want his son to grief so much or loose out because he died? (just my thought, )

Uti is neither the first son nor the first born of hi parents, so even if he comes home now, grief would just kill the guy, let the family do the necessary burial arrangements and if Biggie agrees to his request to go and come back for the show FINE!!! and if not, the better!!!!! Let them make their decisions because we are good at judging other people and what they do!!!!!! sad sad sad sad sad sad

At this point, the housemates will not nominate him because they know, he will definitely leave to go for his father's burial but they do not know if Biggie will grant his request of going and coming back, if Biggie does allow him that is when i know they will nominate him. Now he is just there for purely distraction!!!! Anybody that nominates him on Monday if he does not leave on Sunday will be acting cowardly because you do not hit a man that is already down. sad sad sad sad

And for Sammie, he was just drinking Panadol for Uti's headache!!!!!!! for his crocodile tears yesterday making Uti look bad and making Lerato & Hanny think negative about Uti, Max's comment was also uncalled for!!!!!! Please let us allow Biggie, Uti and his family to have the final say in this matter. I rest my case.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 11, 2010
Yeah Max's statements were very harsh and extremely Judgmental especially since he has never even met Uti. And Sammie as usually is always out to make Uti look bad. Also the fact that the barnmates only get to see clips is making them judge Uti rather harshly.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by shalom1234: 3:58pm On Aug 11, 2010
THIS UTI STUFF is taking the shine away from this website, one can understand the negative reactions of other African countries and their postings on BBA website but I'm pained to find out that even here we keep dwelling on this issue. Do you think if the family wants him to come home, he will stay? From his speeches, the mum and the dad's corpse are still abroad, some of this siblings will be going to join his mum, so pls what is he coming back home to do? Go and sit down in the village waiting for them?

I suggest we drop this issue completely and just focus on the show irrespective of what the likes of Sammi and the rest of Africa are saying. If he leaves fine, if voted out, so be it.

DID SAMMIE NOT ABANDON A WOMAN THAT WAS PREGNANT FOR HIM AND LOSE THE BABY TO BRAIN DAMAGE AS A RESULT? I am very sure that if he knew that Biggies would make use of their secrets in the course of their staying in the house, he would never have divulged the secret. So he should stop acting!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (179) (Reply)

Some Nigeria Movie Stars Profile / MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread / Watch Nigerian Movies Online For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.