Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,186 members, 7,815,140 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (794730 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by uniquefurlife: 6:58pm On Oct 30, 2018
dk2baba:
Hello. Guys I really need you candid advice on this I have a bsc certificate in geophysics.and now I got an admission into a school in Ohio for bsc geology it was my uncle in Texas who applied for me d problem now is how can I convince d vo since geology and geophysics are very related ?? Kindly advice me on what to say my interview is in 3 weeks time
"Kindly advice me on what to say" bros you go wait tire then grow iron bear bear because nobody here will do your research for you. If you are a genuine student i will advice you to carry out your research then come back here and seek opinion abt your research. I believe the ogas found this your post annoying that's why you've not gotten any response.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by brashear: 9:29pm On Oct 30, 2018
[quote author=TheZed post=72540199]

Thanks chief
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TheZed(m): 10:26pm On Oct 30, 2018
[quote author=brashear post=72547940][/quote]You are welcome.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ralphbrowny: 11:04pm On Oct 30, 2018
Hello house. Please i really need ur help.
I need schools with tuition of 5 to 8 thousand dollar per year. Am finding it difficult. I intend to apply for fall 2019.

Lagosismyhome
100kobo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MistaJoey: 12:47am On Oct 31, 2018
@lagosismyHome, @100kobo, @uniquefurlife, @Superbrain, Humble1

I know y'all are quite busy, but please squeeze out time to scrutinize my transcript :

Me: good morning
V. O: good morning, passport n i20?
Me: here you go.. *gives them*
V. O: where are you going?
Me: I'm heading to Concordia university Wisconsin to complete a masters degree in information technology
V. O: have you traveled before outside 9ja before?
Me:no, I've not had a tangible reason to do so.
V. O: why USA?
Me: I believe that academic experience in the USA is something unquestionable and a Degree from a reputable university there is widely valued by all countries. Most schools offer excellent research opportunities and maintain optimum theoritical and practical efficiency.

V. 0:Why cuw?
Me:cuw is a premier university in north America. I was impressed by the curriculum, faculty staff, the state of the art computing resources made available by the school and also, the input expertise employed by the school to ensure students actually gain relevant and respected knowledge for future applications. I actually exchanged mails with Dr. Locklair where he intimated me about the increasing application of IT in research and innovations. This gave me joy.

V. O: tell me about your study plan?
Me: I'll be obtaining a masters in IT, after completing a total of 39 credit hours within a period of 24 months. Some of the course I'll be taking include introduction to informatics, foundational information technology, applied artificial Intelligence and data management... Electives such as...... are also included.
V. O: how many schools did you apply to?
Me: I applied to just one school, CUW (ur view here please, I been wan say two to look serious)
V. O: Why
Me: I was actually impressed by my findings about the program hence the reason i applied and luckily I was admitted conditionally.

V. O: any standardized tests?
Me: no, (thing is I'm actually waiting for my TOEFL score download link.. Wrote recently.)
V. O: why
Me: it wasn't a requirement as I'm from an anglophone country with a good level of English proficiency.

V. O : tell me your academic background
Me: graduated in 2016 from ***, major Polymer engineering, 4.03/5 GPA, 5 years, NYSC 2017/18(April)

V. O: what will this course do for you?
A lot. IT will improve me technically, analytically and advance my computational prowess, making me more valuable in increasing demand of professionals with not just vocational but also technological skills in Nigeria. I'll be better equipped to work with high profile and multinational companies like eunisell, indorama etc while making plans to setup a technologically driven enterprise in the long run. (Scrutinize)
V. O: who's your sponsor?
Me:my cousin
V. O: what's does he do
Me: he's a professional lawyer and Principal Partner of bleep bleep law firm, he's also the founder of bleep bleep properties, a renowned real estate company specialized in evaluation, development, purchase and sales of landed properties. With offices in Abuja and Owerri
V. O: why is he spending so much on you?
Me: he has always supported me right from my secondary education upto tertiary. My parents actually saw him tru his education and he is reciprocating the gesture towards me now .
V. O: you know I'll verify this statement and if.........
Me: please do, its alright

V. O..... Types and......... ���

Lol.. I'm working rigorously to cut down on the lengthy responses though... Na confidence man d build
As per God dey already.
Interview 01/11

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Temisan2015: 3:27am On Oct 31, 2018
FaoyeGeorge:

I honestly think the bolded reason is important for them to hear. Make it your first two reasons. It shows a personal reason why you’d want to go to school there.

Thanks

I would adjust it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by abuhusna1: 3:28am On Oct 31, 2018
MistaJoey:

I know y'all are quite busy, but please squeeze out time to scrutinize my transcript :

Me: I'm heading to Concordia university Wisconsin to complete a masters degree in information technology
Me: I believe that academic experience in the USA is something unquestionable and a Degree from a reputable university there is widely valued by all countries. Most schools offer excellent research opportunities and maintain optimum theoritical and practical efficiency.

Me:cuw is a premier university in north America. I was impressed by the curriculum, faculty staff, the state of the art computing resources made available by the school and also, the input expertise employed by the school to ensure students actually gain relevant and respected knowledge for future applications. I actually exchanged mails with Dr. Locklair where he intimated me about the increasing application of IT in research and innovations. This gave me joy.

Me: I'll be obtaining a masters in IT, after completing a total of 39 credit hours within a period of 24 months. Some of the course I'll be taking include introduction to informatics, foundational information technology, applied artificial Intelligence and data management... Electives such as...... are also included.
Me: I applied to just one school, CUW (ur view here please, I been wan say two to look serious)
Me: I was actually impressed by my findings about the program hence the reason i applied and luckily I was admitted conditionally.

Me: no, (thing is I'm actually waiting for my TOEFL score download link.. Wrote recently.)
Me: it wasn't a requirement as I'm from an anglophone country with a good level of English proficiency.

Me: graduated in 2016 from ***, major Polymer engineering, 4.03/5 GPA, 5 years, NYSC 2017/18(April)

A lot. IT will improve me technically, analytically and advance my computational prowess, making me more valuable in increasing demand of professionals with not just vocational but also technological skills in Nigeria. I'll be better equipped to work with high profile and multinational companies like eunisell, indorama etc while making plans to setup a technologically driven enterprise in the long run. (Scrutinize)
Me: he's a professional lawyer and Principal Partner of bleep bleep law firm, he's also the founder of bleep bleep properties, a renowned real estate company specialized in evaluation, development, purchase and sales of landed properties. With offices in Abuja and Owerri
Me: he has always supported me right from my secondary education upto tertiary. My parents actually saw him tru his education and he is reciprocating the gesture towards me now .

Lol.. I'm working rigorously to cut down on the lengthy responses though... Na confidence man d build
As per God dey already.
Interview 01/11
Oga go and do your toefl else hmmm talking from experience cos Na wetin turn md to Ireland be that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Temisan2015: 3:28am On Oct 31, 2018
sheke01:

It's better to be over prepared than under prepared

I would adjust and revert.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Temisan2015: 3:29am On Oct 31, 2018
100kobo:

Why St. Cloud
Tip: I'll prefer you stick to 3 reasons viz #1, #3, #4,. #2?? Well, you harped so much on this point. Talk a little about his depth and then more on the opportunity of working directly with him. #5 is not important.

Study Plan
Tip: Include course structure, duration and courses (all-in-one). Don't wait to be asked a subset of this question again.

Undergraduate cum Graduate course relationship
Tip: Your story line here didn't really appeal to my taste buds. However, you have a great idea there. Fine tune it a little more.

Over all, I'm impressed with your proposed script. Do the little adjustments, Go and succeed.

Thanks.

I would do so and revert
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Temisan2015: 4:09am On Oct 31, 2018
Dear Bosses and Madams,

Kindly see below my proposed reviewed transcript.

Q: Why was your visa not approved the last time you were here
A: I guess I was timid and was unable to convince the V.O about my application, I have worked on myself and I also believe my coming here now, to an extent show how serious I am with my application.
Q: What change in your application?
A: I have been able to gather more experience and be better prepared than I was the last time I came here.
Q: What do you want to go and do in the USA?
A: I want to go to the USA, to study M.S in Engineering Management at the St. Cloud State University Minnesota
Q: How many schools do you apply to and how many admit
A: 3 schools, 2 admit
Q: Name them
A: MTSU, (Middle Tennessee State University), SIUE, (South Illinois University Edwardsville), SDMT (South Dakota Mines and Technology)
Q: How do you know about St. Cloud?
A: I knew through research on Google and ASEM website
Q: Why St. Cloud?
A: I chose St. Cloud of the following reasons
1. St Cloud is one of the schools certified by the American Society of Engineering Management
2. The opportunity to also take MBA classes in the Herberger Business school
3. The opportunity to work with Dr. Balinga who was a one-time president of ASEM, a seasoned management consultant with vast industrial and research experience and also one the writer of the Engineering management Handbook
4. The course content aligns with my short and long term career goals and interests
5. Upon graduation, I have would be accorded the American Society of Engineering Management's certified associate engineering manager (CAEM) title on graduation.
6. The affordability of the school

Q: What are your career goals?
My short term career goal is to be a season Engineering Manager with the capacity to add value in any team , my Long term career goal is to be a Management Consultant having gathered the required theoretical and practical managerial skills in order to help companies achieve their business Objectives.
Q: Why an Engineering Degree at this time?
Having been an Engineer for 2.5 years, and been in different teams and lead some, I have realize that the prosperity of the team, does not only depend on the technical know-how of the team, but majorly on the people management of the team, This degree would help me consolidate on the different practical and theoretical knowledge I have gathered and give me the required skills I need to manage a multi-faceted, and complex teams. Upon graduation I would become an Associate Member of the Association of Engineering Management. All this would position me to be a seasoned Engineering manager and give me an edge over my contemporizes when I came back to my country to take up jobs in companies like Nigerian Breweries, Chevron, Seven Energy among others
Q: When did you graduate and what have you been doing?
A: I graduated in 2014 and finished serving my country in 2015, since then I have been working, I worked with company A from Aug 2015 to Feb 2016, Company B from Feb 2016 to Feb 2017, and Company C which I am presently since March 2017.
Q: What are your study plans?
A: I'll be obtaining a M. S degree in Engineering Management, after completing a total of 33 credit hours comprising of 15 units Core Management courses, 9 units of Elective course and 6 units of Research within a period of 36 months. Some of the courses I'll be taking include Q: Mention some courses you would be taking Marketing Management, Project Management, Supply Chain Management, Quality Management among others
Q: Where do you work?
A: …………….
Q: What is your role there??
A: Team Lead, Project and Service Engineer
Q: What responsibilities
A: Respond customer RFQ, Site Survey to identify and understand customer pain point, Manage projects from design to implementation to commissioning and handover stage, Represent department in commercial and technical meetings, Responsible to ensuring that the team delivers project on schedule, within budget and stipulated time line
Q: Did you take any standardized test?
A: Yes I took GRE and I score 300 Q: 151 V: 149
Q: What do you intend to do with this degree?
A: I intend to come back to Nigeria to pick up a position in one of the top multi international companies like Nigeria Brewies, Nigerian Bottling Company, Shell Nigeria, Addax among others on the short run and in the long run set up my own engineering and management firm from the knowledge I have acquired
Q: How does this course relate to your under-graduate program?
A: I studied Electrical Engineering in my undergraduate, from my experience; I realize Engineers and technicians acts and behave like machines, in the sense that they are most times all about working which a lot of times cause them to burn out and get alienated easily which a lot of time causes drop in the overall performance of the team, the learning outcome of this program is to possess the required skills Seasoned manager.
Q: Who is your sponsor?
A: My aunty
Q: What does she do?
A: She is business woman, a distributor of Friesland Campania makers of Peak Milk in Nigeria
Q: Why would she want to spend so much on you?
A: She has been very active in sponsoring my education from High school, She even gave me a scholarship during my under graduate days and she has said if I impressed her enough she would send me for my M.S in the USA

CC: sheke01, FaoyeGeorge, 100kobo, Timotee, Bigfrancis21, lagosismyhome,

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Philadelphia: 4:48am On Oct 31, 2018
MistaJoey:

As per God dey already.
Interview 01/11

Squeeze out time ko; undecided has time now become orange or paper that anyone can just squeeze? grin
Oya let me be serious small; work on this question which you didn't add; "why are yout changing from Polymer Engineering to IT?"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Damidolly: 5:23am On Oct 31, 2018
Good morning,

My school is asking for declaration of finance form to be filled. I want to ask if my sponsor must attach his statement of account or just for him to fill his part.

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MistaJoey: 6:03am On Oct 31, 2018
abuhusna1:

Oga go and do your toefl else hmmm talking from experience cos Na wetin turn md to Ireland be that
I just said I wrote and i scored 90, but the download link to the Score report(PDF) so i can print as proof is not up yet.
I don't really get your reaction tbh.. (You turned to Ireland?)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MistaJoey: 6:05am On Oct 31, 2018
Philadelphia:

Squeeze out time ko; undecided has time now become orange or paper that anyone can just squeeze? grin
Oya let me be serious small; work on this question which you didn't add; "why are yout changing from Polymer Engineering to IT?"
Lol...... Thanks...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ooreofeoluwa: 6:14am On Oct 31, 2018
Nutshell44:

This is not a defense. I am just letting that person know that they pick calls than email.so to get across to them faster you gotta call.
This has nothing to do with their masters program

I took your advise and started calling. Would you believe it all went to voice mail. Both admission officer o, office clerk o, Samue Yego o. I am tired already. No single response to my email. Its a bad behaviour
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 7:20am On Oct 31, 2018
Ooreofeoluwa:

I took your advise and started calling. Would you believe it all went to voice mail. Both admission officer o, office clerk o, Samue Yego o. I am tired already. No single response to my email. Its a bad behaviour

If this true. Pls look elsewhere and hope that they get back to you. TRUMP school na him be that school, it's very sad bad things are being said about them and yet they do not change. They should simply stop accepting international applications. That's so disgusting

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by mastmony: 8:52am On Oct 31, 2018
Good morning, please I want to ask...Can i use my Uncle's Company account to apply for student visa?

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sheke01: 8:52am On Oct 31, 2018
Temisan2015:
Dear Bosses and Madams,

Kindly see below my proposed reviewed transcript.

Q: Why was your visa not approved the last time you were here
A: I guess I was timid and was unable to convince the V.O about my application, I have worked on myself and I also believe my coming here now, to an extent show how serious I am with my application.
Q: What change in your application?
A: I have been able to gather more experience and be better prepared than I was the last time I came here.
Q: What do you want to go and do in the USA?
A: I want to go to the USA, to study M.S in Engineering Management at the St. Cloud State University Minnesota
Q: How many schools do you apply to and how many admit
A: 3 schools, 2 admit
Q: Name them
A: MTSU, (Middle Tennessee State University), SIUE, (South Illinois University Edwardsville), SDMT (South Dakota Mines and Technology)
Q: How do you know about St. Cloud?
A: I knew through research on Google and ASEM website
Q: Why St. Cloud?
A: I chose St. Cloud of the following reasons
1. St Cloud is one of the schools certified by the American Society of Engineering Management
2. The opportunity to also take MBA classes in the Herberger Business school
3. The opportunity to work with Dr. Balinga who was a one-time president of ASEM, a seasoned management consultant with vast industrial and research experience and also one the writer of the Engineering management Handbook
4. The course content aligns with my short and long term career goals and interests
5. Upon graduation, I have would be accorded the American Society of Engineering Management's certified associate engineering manager (CAEM) title on graduation.
6. The affordability of the school

Q: What are your career goals?
My short term career goal is to be a season Engineering Manager with the capacity to add value in any team , my Long term career goal is to be a Management Consultant having gathered the required theoretical and practical managerial skills in order to help companies achieve their business Objectives.
Q: Why an Engineering Degree at this time?
Having been an Engineer for 2.5 years, and been in different teams and lead some, I have realize that the prosperity of the team, does not only depend on the technical know-how of the team, but majorly on the people management of the team, This degree would help me consolidate on the different practical and theoretical knowledge I have gathered and give me the required skills I need to manage a multi-faceted, and complex teams. Upon graduation I would become an Associate Member of the Association of Engineering Management. All this would position me to be a seasoned Engineering manager and give me an edge over my contemporizes when I came back to my country to take up jobs in companies like Nigerian Breweries, Chevron, Seven Energy among others
Q: When did you graduate and what have you been doing?
A: I graduated in 2014 and finished serving my country in 2015, since then I have been working, I worked with company A from Aug 2015 to Feb 2016, Company B from Feb 2016 to Feb 2017, and Company C which I am presently since March 2017.
Q: What are your study plans?
A: I'll be obtaining a M. S degree in Engineering Management, after completing a total of 33 credit hours comprising of 15 units Core Management courses, 9 units of Elective course and 6 units of Research within a period of 36 months. Some of the courses I'll be taking include Q: Mention some courses you would be taking Marketing Management, Project Management, Supply Chain Management, Quality Management among others
Q: Where do you work?
A: …………….
Q: What is your role there??
A: Team Lead, Project and Service Engineer
Q: What responsibilities
A: Respond customer RFQ, Site Survey to identify and understand customer pain point, Manage projects from design to implementation to commissioning and handover stage, Represent department in commercial and technical meetings, Responsible to ensuring that the team delivers project on schedule, within budget and stipulated time line
Q: Did you take any standardized test?
A: Yes I took GRE and I score 300 Q: 151 V: 149
Q: What do you intend to do with this degree?
A: I intend to come back to Nigeria to pick up a position in one of the top multi international companies like Nigeria Brewies, Nigerian Bottling Company, Shell Nigeria, Addax among others on the short run and in the long run set up my own engineering and management firm from the knowledge I have acquired
Q: How does this course relate to your under-graduate program?
A: I studied Electrical Engineering in my undergraduate, from my experience; I realize Engineers and technicians acts and behave like machines, in the sense that they are most times all about working which a lot of times cause them to burn out and get alienated easily which a lot of time causes drop in the overall performance of the team, the learning outcome of this program is to possess the required skills Seasoned manager.
Q: Who is your sponsor?
A: My aunty
Q: What does she do?
A: She is business woman, a distributor of Friesland Campania makers of Peak Milk in Nigeria
Q: Why would she want to spend so much on you?
A: She has been very active in sponsoring my education from High school, She even gave me a scholarship during my under graduate days and she has said if I impressed her enough she would send me for my M.S in the USA

CC: sheke01, FaoyeGeorge, 100kobo, Timotee, Bigfrancis21, lagosismyhome,

The response in this transcript is better than the first one, but you still have to work on "why st Cloud?"
1. Any school offering a program must have been certified by the American body in charge of that program, so that point is not huge enough to me
2. How does MBA courses help your future plans? I think you can give specific points on this
3. Point 3 is on point
4. Which of the courses in the program really align with your career goals. Try to mention them
5. ("Upon graduation, I have would be accorded the American Society of Engineering Management's certified associate engineering manager (CAEM) title on graduation"wink..really?? Don't go and shoot yourself with this point and make the VO
think you don't plan on returning to Nigeria o. You can get better point than this

Good to know you wrote GRE. Overall, your responses are on point. Fine tune your "Why St Cloud" and go get your visa.
Wish you Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sheke01: 9:11am On Oct 31, 2018
MistaJoey:

As per God dey already.
Interview 01/11

First, No standardized test. You are going for an IT Msc degree with no standardized test. The VOs have seen lots of candidates and know what they are looking out for in students o. Don't go saying standardized test was not a requirement for Msc in IT

Your "why cwu" is too shallow and really lack specifics. You can do better on this

"What will this course do for you?" "A lot. IT will improve me technically, analytically and advance my computational prowess, making me more valuable in increasing demand of professionals with not just vocational but also technological skills in Nigeria. I'll be better equipped to work with high profile and multinational companies like eunisell, indorama etc while making plans to setup a technologically driven enterprise in the long run.
Brother, you need to tell the VO how this course will do all this for you. You need to talk with specifics. All this "improve you technically, analytically and advance your computational prowess, making you more valuable in increasing demand of professionals with not just vocational but also technological skills" would not cut it o. Talk with specific examples

Then you applied to only one school. People have gotten visa with only one school admission, but please don't go telling the VO that you were lucky to get a conditional admission. It would destroy your whole profile.

Finally, why are you switching from polymer engineering to IT. You should be prepared for that "hell" of a question

Lemme stop here as your interview is tomorrow to avoid killing your confidence but you really can do better than this

All this is just from my point of view o, I no be VO
and i don't have a say on the outcome of your interview.

I wish you Goodluck and get your visa

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by abuhusna1: 9:25am On Oct 31, 2018
MistaJoey:

I just said I wrote and i scored 90, but the download link to the Score report(PDF) so i can print as proof is not up yet.
I don't really get your reaction tbh.. (You turned to Ireland?)
Glad you did wish you all the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CuteRedd(f): 10:13am On Oct 31, 2018
GUYS PLS I NEED HELP HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR WAEC TO VERIFY MY RESULT TO WES?

WES IS WAITING FOR WAEC TO VERIFY THE RESULT THEY SENT. PLS WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR HELP cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LadyCaty(f): 10:27am On Oct 31, 2018
mastmony:
Good morning, please I want to ask...Can i use my Uncle's Company account to apply for student visa?

Thanks
Yes if is solely owned by him

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MistaJoey: 10:32am On Oct 31, 2018
sheke01:

First, No standardized test. You are going for an IT Msc degree with no standardized test. The VOs have seen lots of candidates and know what they are looking out for in students o. Don't go saying standardized test was not a requirement for Msc in IT

Your "why cwu" is too shallow and really lack specifics. You can do better on this

"What will this course do for you?" "A lot. IT will improve me technically, analytically and advance my computational prowess, making me more valuable in increasing demand of professionals with not just vocational but also technological skills in Nigeria. I'll be better equipped to work with high profile and multinational companies like eunisell, indorama etc while making plans to setup a technologically driven enterprise in the long run.
Brother, you need to tell the VO how this course will do all this for you. You need to talk with specifics. All this "improve you technically, analytically and advance your computational prowess, making you more valuable in increasing demand of professionals with not just vocational but also technological skills" would not cut it o. Talk with specific examples

Then you applied to only one school. People have gotten visa with only one school admission, but please don't go telling the VO that you were lucky to get a conditional admission. It would destroy your whole profile.

Finally, why are you switching from polymer engineering to IT. You should be prepared for that "hell" of a question

Lemme stop here as your interview is tomorrow to avoid killing your confidence but you really can do better than this

All this is just from my point of view o, I no be VO
and i don't have a say on the outcome of your interview.

I wish you Goodluck and get your visa
Wow... Thanks a lot... I appreciate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 11:26am On Oct 31, 2018
Damidolly:
Good morning,

My school is asking for declaration of finance form to be filled. I want to ask if my sponsor must attach his statement of account or just for him to fill his part.

Thank you.
You should be asking your school this question. Don't be shy to ask them. If you are, then your visa interview becomes a tall task.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 31, 2018
Today 31st October I mark my register here. So help me God!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Audt: 1:03pm On Oct 31, 2018
abuhusna1:

Bro you talk about Ireland... can we talk on that... please pm I want to know more about it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 31, 2018
yettymuse:
Today 31st October I mark my register here. So help me God!
Welcome, Post Graduate Studies?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CuteRedd(f): 1:45pm On Oct 31, 2018
CuteRedd:
GUYS PLS I NEED HELP HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR WAEC TO VERIFY MY RESULT TO WES?

WES IS WAITING FOR WAEC TO VERIFY THE RESULT THEY SENT. PLS WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR HELP cry
pls anybody pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 31, 2018
Afolabi6046:
Welcome, Post Graduate Studies?
thank you! VISIT . Looks like i commented on the wrong thread ,i have found the right one.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GahiaO: 1:59pm On Oct 31, 2018
I would like to share my transcripts here because the Nairaland platform was of tremendous help in preparing for my Visa interview. But before I go into all that, I would like to give a brief bio.

I am a Medical Dr and I applied for a masters degree to study Public Health at the University of Massachusetts. My IELTS score was 8/9 and my GRE score was 300. Applied to two other schools, university of Arizona and Georgia Southern University. I got accepted to all of them but only Massachusetts give me an Assistantship (which came with full tuition waiver, health benefits and biweekly stipends). I got my visa in my second attempt. My first one was in August 11, 2018 (at 11am) and it goes as follows;

VO; Goodmorning
Me; Goodmorning - can’t remember if I smiled or not
VO: so you are going to the University of Massachusetts?
Me; yes
VO: what would you be studying?
Me; Public Health with a focus in Health Policy and Management
VO: Ok. how long is your program?
Me: 2 years
VO; Ooh you are a Medical Doctor
Me; yes
VO: are you currently working?
Me: yes
VO; what do plan to with this degree?
Me; I intend to come back to Nigeria so that I could work in key organizations both government and Non governmental organizations involved in health policy formulations like the the ministry for health, primary health care development board. I also intend to.. the VO cuts in and says “so your father would be sponsoring you”
Me; NO, it’s actually my uncle. And besides I got a graduate assistantship that came with a full tuition waiver, health benefits and biweekly stipends. The entire value of my award is in excess of $44k.

VO: I know but your I-20 says you have a deficit of $12,300 (my total cost of attendance was $56000)

Me; yes, my uncle would take care of the rest.

VO: do you have his statements?

VO: lemme have them
Me: passed it to him. I came with a total of N6.1m from two financial institutions; Zenith Bank( had 1.6m) and Arm Investment Company ( had 4.5m)

VO; looks at it for a while and then say “.. ok.. congratulations.. I would be approving your visa but I would verify these statements and if they are fake you would ban from entering the US for life..”
Me; that’s fine they are 400% authentic.
VO; passes me the white paper and told me where to pick up my passport. He then mentioned that “..inform your school so that they can send you a letter that you would present at the POE should there be delays with verifying your statements”
Me: Ok. Then I walked away

So after the interview, the embassy closed down for over 2weeks. When they reopened, I got a mail from the embassy saying I should submit a letter of authorization for just the ARM Investment Company bank statements. I did that quickly. I sent copies to both the bank and the embassy. I also informed them that I had submitted what they asked. So, after a week got another mail saying that I should resubmit my bank statements along with my passport. The next day they returned my passport so I printed the exact same bank statements I came with during my interview and resubmitted it alongside my passport. After this, I was quite optimistic that there won’t be any issues. 2days later, I checked my status and it had changed from “administrative processing” to “Refused”
I was a bit confused and shocked. because my bank statements were legit and I had done all that they asked. So I waited to pick up my passport to see what their could have been. When I pick my passport, they attached a denial letter to it. It was very generic and it was the same one they normally give anyone they denied. I was really sad. I didn’t want to try again. The whole process had taken over a month and in the end I was still denied. Meanwhile, my school had deferred my admission to spring 2019. But luckily for me, they said I would still have my assistantship should I come over in January. This gave some form of courage to try again. So I did. My second interview was last week Thursday (25th October) at 9am Abuja. This time around, I got a new bank statement from a Conventional Bank that had more money (9.4m). My interview was as follows;

VO; Goodmorning, welcome to the United States embassy
Me; Goodmorning
VO; why are you going to the University Of Massachusetts
Me; I’m going to obtain a masters degree in Public Health
VO; what school did you attend
Me: university of PortHarcourt. I studied medicine and surgery
VO: I can see that you have a GA, does it cover for you full tuition
Me; yes it does, it also comes with health benefits and a biweekly stipend.

NB: After I said this I tried to bring out my bank statements to give to him because I thought he said “can I see your statements” but he quickly cut in and said “ pls put that back, I would not be needing that”

VO: how did you get this Assistantship
Me; I applied, then I was invited to do a Skype interview with the Director and weeks after, I got a mail saying I had been offered the position
VO: when did you get this Assistantship
Me; July, 2018
VO: are you currently practicing
VO; he typed for a while and the said “ congratulations, I would be approving your visa..I hope you enjoy your stay at the University of Massachusetts” and then he gave me two white slips and then was said some other things about where to pick up my passport. But At that point I could no longer hear him.. I was so happy and shocked.. I kept saying in my “ he did ask for my bank statements, he didn’t ask why I chose to study this course, or what this course would do for me, or what are your study plans, or why were you denied the last time” all the questions I prepared for, all the questions I feared he might.. he didn’t ask any of them. He just approved my visa. Just like that !!

My passport was ready for pick the next day but I picked it up yesterday.

It was a very humbling experience for me and in all I give thanks to God almighty. He did it for me. It ended in praise. I am also grateful to everyone here on this platform. You guys are doing a great job. God bless you all. Shalom

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 2:26pm On Oct 31, 2018
GahiaO:
I would like to share my transcripts here because the Nairaland platform was of tremendous help in preparing for my Visa interview. But before I go into all that, I would like to give a brief bio.

I am a Medical Dr and I applied for a masters degree to study Public Health at the University of Massachusetts. My IELTS score was 8/9 and my GRE score was 300. Applied to two other schools, university of Arizona and Georgia Southern University. I got accepted to all of them but only Massachusetts give me an Assistantship (which came with full tuition waiver, health benefits and biweekly stipends). I got my visa in my second attempt. My first one was in August 11, 2018 (at 11am) and it goes as follows;

VO; Goodmorning
Me; Goodmorning - can’t remember if I smiled or not
VO: so you are going to the University of Massachusetts?
Me; yes
VO: what would you be studying?
Me; Public Health with a focus in Health Policy and Management
VO: Ok. how long is your program?
Me: 2 years
VO; Ooh you are a Medical Doctor
Me; yes
VO: are you currently working?
VO; what do plan to with this degree?
Me; I intend to come back to Nigeria so that I could work in key organizations both government and Non governmental organizations involved in health policy formulations like the the ministry for health, primary health care development board. I also intend to.. the VO cuts in and says “so your father would be sponsoring you”
Me; NO, it’s actually my uncle. And besides I got a graduate assistantship that came with a full tuition waiver, health benefits and biweekly stipends. The entire value of my award is in excess of $44k.

VO: I know but your I-20 says you have a deficit of $12,300 (my total cost of attendance was $56000)

Me; yes, my uncle would take care of the rest.

VO: do you have his statements?

VO: lemme have them
Me: passed it to him. I came with a total of N6.1m from two financial institutions; Zenith Bank( had 1.6m) and Arm Investment Company ( had 4.5m)

VO; looks at it for a while and then say “.. ok.. congratulations.. I would be approving your visa but I would verify these statements and if they are fake you would ban from entering the US for life..”
Me; that’s fine they are 400% authentic.
VO; passes me the white paper and told me where to pick up my passport. He then mentioned that “..inform your school so that they can send you a letter that you would present at the POE should there be delays with verifying your statements”
Me: Ok. Then I walked away

So after the interview, the embassy closed down for over 2weeks. When they reopened, I got a mail from the embassy saying I should submit a letter of authorization for just the ARM Investment Company bank statements. I did that quickly. I sent copies to both the bank and the embassy. I also informed them that I had submitted what they asked. So, after a week got another mail saying that I should resubmit my bank statements along with my passport. The next day they returned my passport so I printed the exact same bank statements I came with during my interview and resubmitted it alongside my passport. After this, I was quite optimistic that there won’t be any issues. 2days later, I checked my status and it had changed from “administrative processing” to “Refused”
I was a bit confused and shocked. because my bank statements were legit and I had done all that they asked. So I waited to pick up my passport to see what their could have been. When I pick my passport, they attached a denial letter to it. It was very generic and it was the same one they normally give anyone they denied. I was really sad. I didn’t want to try again. The whole process had taken over a month and in the end I was still denied. Meanwhile, my school had deferred my admission to spring 2019. But luckily for me, they said I would still have my assistantship should I come over in January. This gave some form of courage to try again. So I did. My second interview was last week Thursday (25th October) at 9am Abuja. This time around, I got a new bank statement from a Conventional Bank that had more money (9.4m). My interview was as follows;

VO; Goodmorning, welcome to the United States embassy
Me; Goodmorning
VO; why are you going to the University Of Massachusetts
Me; I’m going to obtain a masters degree in Public Health
VO; what school did you attend
Me: university of PortHarcourt. I studied medicine and surgery
VO: I can see that you have a GA, does it cover for you full tuition
Me; yes it does, it also comes with health benefits and a biweekly stipend.

NB: After I said this I tried to bring out my bank statements to give to him because I thought he said “can I see your statements” but he quickly cut in and said “ pls put that back, I would not be needing that”

VO: how did you get this Assistantship
Me; I applied, then I was invited to do a Skype interview with the Director and weeks after, I got a mail saying I had been offered the position
VO: when did you get this Assistantship
Me; July, 2018
VO: are you currently practicing
VO; he typed for a while and the said “ congratulations, I would be approving your visa..I hope you enjoy your stay at the University of Massachusetts” and then he gave me two white slips and then was said some other things about where to pick up my passport. But At that point I could no longer hear him.. I was so happy and shocked.. I kept saying in my “ he did ask for my bank statements, he didn’t ask why I chose to study this course, or what this course would do for me, or what are your study plans, or why were you denied the last time” all the questions I prepared for, all the questions I feared he might.. he didn’t ask any of them. He just approved my visa. Just like that !!

My passport was ready for pick the next day but I picked it up yesterday.

It was a very humbling experience for me and in all I give thanks to God almighty. He did it for me. It ended in praise. I am also grateful to everyone here on this platform. You guys are doing a great job. God bless you all. Shalom

hello,congrats,pls I would want to ask something about ur transcript.....did u go with the same bank statement u went with the first interview? And did they ask for it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GahiaO: 2:37pm On Oct 31, 2018
Flaame:
hello,congrats,pls I would want to ask something about ur transcript.....did u go with the same bank statement u went with the first interview? And did they ask for it?
. I went with just the ARM statement I went with in the first interview but brought an additional bank statement too but they didn’t ask for ANY of them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.