Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,638 members, 7,827,358 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (799451 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MyAmericandream(f): 12:21pm On Nov 01, 2018
Humble11:

I shake my head for some kind of questions asked here, it all depends on the amount you have on your i20, what is reasonable to A might be unreasonable for B
I saw the question too, I couldn't even shake my head, I just hissed.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LilDraya: 12:46pm On Nov 01, 2018
100kobo:

Yes, you can. But it is unlikely to get a date in December. Your best bet right now is January. What date are you resuming next year?

I think i will just get a date for Jan. School resumes on the 14th of Jan.

I was rejected in Sept because of ties to my home country. Any suggestion of what can be done pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 1:31pm On Nov 01, 2018
Predstan:
Visa Delayed. A White Man (Not sure he's an American but not Black) Window 4, Lagos Embassy

Am sorry, you have been found ineligible for this Visa. This blue paper would tell you why

Please help me as I will be reapplying soon.
You seem to be a genuine student, but let me observe that your responses lacked 'live'. You were too reactive; almost being forced to deliver your facts. Next time, take the interview to the VO. You can be in the driver seat and determine the next question they'll ask. Many still need to master the art of public speaking.

The VO was simply uninspired with your responses. To put it technically, you were unable to convince the VO on why you should be approved. I'll advice you read more Success Transcripts to have a clue on how to give comprehensive and composite responses.

Cheer up!

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Spring2019: 1:39pm On Nov 01, 2018
100kobo:

You seem to be a genuine student, but let me observe that your responses lacked 'live'. You were too reactive; almost being forced to deliver your facts. Next time, take the interview to the VO. You can be in the driver seat and determine the next question they'll ask. Many still need to master the art of public speaking.

The VO was simply uninspired with your responses. To put it technically, you were unable to convince the VO on why you should be approved. I'll advice you read more Success Transcripts to have a clue on how to give comprehensive and composite responses.

Cheer up!

Please can you explain more on how his answers were reactive? So that we can learn how to deliver responses properly without sounding forced to deliver facts. Thanks sir

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 1:47pm On Nov 01, 2018
100kobo:

Cheer up!

You should become a VO at the US embassy. Maybe I was just too serious. I spent time with the VO more than anyone before me. But we were all denied. I pray I get another date before the year runs out.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 1:54pm On Nov 01, 2018
Spring2019:

Please can you explain more on how his answers were reactive? So that we can learn how to deliver responses properly without sounding forced to deliver facts. Thanks sir
Consider these two cases

Case 1
Q: Who are you
A: I am Seth Sani, a graduate of BABCOCK University.

Case 2
A: I am Ben

Q: What is your surname
A: Ayeni

Q: Are you a graduate
A: Yes I graduated from CLIFFORD University.
-------------

Does these cases say anything to you?

While the one was direct, the other waited to be prodded. It will be natural for the interviewer to lose interest after the third question. Another interviewer, may have elected to ignore. But who do you blame when there are tons of other candidates on the waiting queue.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by npmi(f): 1:55pm On Nov 01, 2018
Nawaooo, I'm scared of going for my interview with all these denials.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by npmi(f): 1:56pm On Nov 01, 2018
Predstan:

You should become a VO at the US embassy. Maybe I was just too serious. I spent time with the VO more than anyone before me. But we were all denied. I pray I get another date before the year runs out.
Scared, moral low!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 1:59pm On Nov 01, 2018
Predstan:

I don't envy their jobgrin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Wretch32: 2:05pm On Nov 01, 2018
Wow
This is shocking, can’t even pick out a single loophole here
Let the gurus comment
But this reject doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence for the rest of us
Predstan:
Visa Delayed. A White Man (Not sure he's an American but not Black) Window 4, Lagos Embassy

Vo: Pass ur documents
Me: Good morning
Vo: which university are you going
Me: University of South Florida
Vo: What course and level
Me: Masters degree in Electrical Engineering
Vo: What's ur highest degree
Me: HND

Course?
Electrical engineering

What year did you obtain your degree?

What have you been doing since then?
I went for my NYSC which I completed in 2017 and I have been working in dads company since January 2018 as a technical supervisor.

What type of company is it?
Electrical contracting company

Did you write any test?
Yes I wrote the GRE

What's your score?
I got 157 in quant, 146 in verbal and 3.0 in analytical

How many universities did you apply to?
6 universities

How many admit?
I got admitted into all

So why dis university?
Because of it's interdisciplinary research. Its ranked 12th among universities in world granted... Cuts in

I don't have time here how is this ranking going to help you?
This is an indication of the kind of research that is carried out this university and I will be researching under a professor that have committed over 40years of his professional Life on researching on photovoltaic solar energy system.
Mention a material in a photovoltaic solar system
Diode
What is used to construct solar panel
I started explain how a thin film solar cell is used to capture solar energy which is then converted into Direct Current (DC) and electrical components such as resistor, capacitor and diode is... cuts in

Who's ur sponsor?
I got a loan from prodigy finance and my aunt will be supporting me while my dad will be taking care of any required expenses

Have you travelled out of the country before?
No I have not had any reason to

Am sorry, you have been found ineligible for this Visa. This blue paper would tell you why

Please help me as I will be reapplying soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Wretch32: 2:13pm On Nov 01, 2018
Post your transcript
LilDraya:

I was rejected in Sept because of ties to my home country. Any suggestion of what can be done pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Spring2019: 2:14pm On Nov 01, 2018
100kobo:

Case 1
A: I am Seth Sani. a graduate of BABCOCK University.

Case 2

-------------

While the one was direct, the other waited to be prodded. It will be natural for the interviewer to lose interest after the third question. Another interviewer, may have elected to ignore. But who do you blame when there are tons of other candidates on the waiting queue.

Wow. I get it now. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Philadelphia: 2:14pm On Nov 01, 2018
100kobo:

Case 1
A: I am Seth Sani. a graduate of BABCOCK University.

Case 2

-------------

LilDraya:

Are you a SDA?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 2:29pm On Nov 01, 2018
Philadelphia:

Are you a SDA?
Yes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Wretch32: 2:32pm On Nov 01, 2018
What’s an SDA?
100kobo:
Yes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ziondaughter247: 2:35pm On Nov 01, 2018
MyAmericandream:
I saw the question too, I couldn't even shake my head, I just hissed.

Continue hissing...stupid oversabi idiot. I have not even gotten an i-20 form and I don't know what it looks like. I was just asking so that I have a general idea and you are talking rubbish. I have learned a lot here for future purposes and I asked the question because someone earlier commented about visa not granted because of account balance. If you have nothing to say, kindly shut up and pass. There is no hard and fast road to this. No one knows it all.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LilDraya: 2:37pm On Nov 01, 2018
Philadelphia:

Are you a SDA?

Seventh day Adventist u mean? No.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Philadelphia: 2:54pm On Nov 01, 2018
100kobo:
Yes

I guessed right
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LilDraya: 2:55pm On Nov 01, 2018
100kobo:

Yes, you can. But it is unlikely to get a date in December. Your best bet right now is January. What date are you resuming next year?

jan 14th. think i should reapply in jan
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 2:58pm On Nov 01, 2018
npmi:

Scared, moral low!!!!

Why should you?

You are unique with your profile so the same questions cannot be asked. You can't be in the same state as I was and you probably might not be interviewed by the Same VO. You have 90% of not going wrong as I have so utilize this to your advantage...

Congratulations in advance

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 3:01pm On Nov 01, 2018
LilDraya:

If you get a date in December, you must be lucky. Why have you delayed till now?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 3:01pm On Nov 01, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 3:08pm On Nov 01, 2018
LilDraya:

You mean you didn't see any closer date before January. You should try checking in the Midnight consistently. I heard you can get one before January. I will also be reapplying soon make I go gather my 57k(Owo oniru)

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jugularvein: 3:13pm On Nov 01, 2018
Anyone with discounted TOEFL registration promo? I need help please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by clapper04: 3:17pm On Nov 01, 2018
[quote author=Jugularvein post=72596737]

contact walspring
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Wretch32: 3:20pm On Nov 01, 2018
Jugularvein:
Anyone with discounted TOEFL registration promo? I need help please
Contact ponpon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MyAmericandream(f): 3:24pm On Nov 01, 2018
ziondaughter247:

Continue hissing...stupid oversabi idiot. I have not even gotten an i-20 form and I don't know what it looks like. I was just asking so that I have a general idea and you are talking rubbish. I have learned a lot here for future purposes and I asked the question because someone earlier commented about visa not granted because of account balance. If you have nothing to say, kindly shut up and pass. There is no hard and fast road to this. No one knows it all.
Just because of a hisss, you're pouring insults on me. if I change am for you ,you no go fit withstand am oh GOAT!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 3:46pm On Nov 01, 2018
MyAmericandream:
Just because of a hisss, you're pouring insults on me. if I change am for you ,you no go fit withstand am oh GOAT!!

This is what I love walspring and lagismyhome for. You don't have to reply anyone that take trolls on you. Waka pass any of these insults. This is a faceless forum.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Philadelphia: 3:46pm On Nov 01, 2018
Next page please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Philadelphia: 3:46pm On Nov 01, 2018
Page 116 oo
Who knows where page 116 is?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Philadelphia: 3:47pm On Nov 01, 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.