Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (798924 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Humble11: 9:13am On Nov 07, 2018
martAKINOLA:

This is kind of Harsh

Might be harsh but it’s the truth.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lincolnsnowhite: 9:18am On Nov 07, 2018
Ininterviwed b4 8:00am
Screen my transcript for another trial not to make same mistake
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Humble11: 9:22am On Nov 07, 2018
lincolnsnowhite:
Ininterviwed b4 8:00am
Screen my transcript for another trial not to make same mistake

Please post your transcript
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Beblessedbaba: 9:43am On Nov 07, 2018
The below is Lincoln University doing google search... Drill down also about Lincoln. No Consular will tell you change school ... A program every school runs for two years; a university like that runs it for one year.

Be guided !!!

Missjayone22:
MartAKINOLA
pls don't listen to those dream killers saying they reject Lincoln students.Am also going to Lincoln University and I know 4 people that they have visa last year to the school.Be hopeful and think before you talk or if you are lost just say "pardon".I was denied on Monday based on my fault and i accept it and willing to go there again.It all depends on you and your responses.Be positive that's all and fluent........Best of luck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Merico96: 9:54am On Nov 07, 2018
Thanks Bro but how do you mean I should get his affidavit?
Godchangemylife:

It's as simple as saying he is your uncle ...but be sure he is really ready to sponsor you and everything is not a deceit . Get his affidavit to that effect. you good to go
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Spring2019: 9:57am On Nov 07, 2018
Humble11:

I expected you to share testimony that you got your visa with the school but ended up dashing peoples hope with the refusal you got. Which fault are you talking about. Well it’s better to learn from people’s experience. Am not saying that people don’t get visa with Lincoln, iglobal , VIU, but visa refusal rate I have seen with those schools is very high. There is over 3000 schools in USA... why must it be these schools?

It's true others should try and apply to better universities but it doesn't mean it is automatic denial for these schools cos people have gone with these unis but they were lucky
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CptCharlesVane: 10:16am On Nov 07, 2018
You need to include your SSCE in compliance with the new policy as for the transfer, send them an email, like I did, on the contact WES form requesting for transfer of evaluation for expedited processing. You don't have to start over again.
gobby:
pls what if i have evaluated my results before now but in WES USA, so how do i go about it, will they just transfer the result to WES CANADA or i will start all over again?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:34am On Nov 07, 2018
Merico96:
Thanks Bro but how do you mean I should get his affidavit?
Like A signed document by him where he sworn to that effect and might be signed by you too(Sort of sponsorship letter)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by budymore18: 12:28pm On Nov 07, 2018
Good day house,

I have received 1-20 form for my Masters program and I have two questions to ask.

I was able to get a loan (with loan approval letter from the company) that covered the tuition whQich was what I supplied to the school that latter issue my I-20.
Q: When I finally go for interview, do I need to provide bank statement to show enough fund for my tuition or present the Loan letter?

Also, I am married and my wife will be issued an I-20 form as well, though waiting for that.

Q: Do I need to show evidence of ties back to my country after study?

Thanks as I await your inputs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 1:05pm On Nov 07, 2018
Poperich:

My transcript is just like the regular ones everybody has read on this platform.

(first interview)

Me: Good morning madam
V.O: Nodded. Pass me your I-20 form and passport pls
Me: did
And every other questions were basically on my statement of account which was retained with the passport, scrutinized and I was told I will be banned for life if it turns out false. To which I was affirmative and said she should go ahead and do the background checks.
VO: she gave me a white form thereafter

Sunday, got a call from the embassy for a re-interview on Monday.
(2nd Interview)

VO: I've checked ur documents and you came out clean. Congratulations. When you get to the US, don't get involved in anything illegal and ensure you maintain your status to avoid troubles.
Me:Thank you Ma.
VO: Issued another white form to me,congratulated me again and wishes me luck.

Conclusion: Honesty and confidence are the keys. Also, pray for God's favour. I made a mistake with my DS160, putting my residential address for my place of birth, but all these never count against me during the interview, although I was going to explain myself truthfully that I made the mistake as a result of using Google autofill in order to avoid consistent running out of session during the registration.

But thanks to this platform for everything they have done to help honest average Nigerians.

Wow... Re-interview. First time I am actually hearing that. Congrats and have a great journey ahead.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 1:06pm On Nov 07, 2018
ibiyehmea:
Good Evening Everyone.
I just got my I-20 for Grand Canyon University, Arizona, Phoenix.

However, I have two issues:
1) Does anybody know if the school has been cast in a bad light as a visa Mill school, or generally, of anyone knows any info about the school

2) I don't have an original statement of account.

Delete this post or risk ten years gbosa ban grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 1:13pm On Nov 07, 2018
Regarding this heated argument, I want to join the fray. You see, the bane of most visa refusals boils down to laziness. I will explain.

Mr A comes here to share his interview success and how he got waivers. Mr B, the lazy opportunist, quickly inquires of Mr A about this 'certain school' and the next thing he applies without carrying out due research. Tell me how Mr B will make it during interview when all he did was apply because somebody else has succeeded there. Most people are simply copycats. And what they fail to understand is that interviews are case by case and conducted on the merits of what each candidate is able to present.

You don't learn how to shoot in the battle field, you learn before the battle. Visas are there for grabs, but you must show yourself qualified. VOs are not silly nor are they there to dance to your whims. Even the lowest ranked of universities/colleges can earn you a visa once you are able to show strong/compelling reasons why you chose them. You don't hear that people have been going to VIU, and you simply apply without your personal reasons and convictions...surely doom awaits you. My point is: any school is good to go, but you MUST show yourself approved thru a diligent research.

Conclusively, it is not how far, but how well. When the journey is ended, what's next for you? US is interested in what you can offer in terms of skills, yes. But this is one place where I know your background history matters a lot. The Yale and Harvard graduates would just knock you off in the labour market because they enjoy the pedigree and corporate network. This is why you must also be selective in your choice of schools. But if you're studying to go back home and compete, that may work. After all, you have a certificate from Amelika grin.

Take your destiny in your hand!

PS: This thread is not here to spoonfeed you, but to give you a lead. Be smart, be proactive, get busy with research.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by uniquefurlife: 1:43pm On Nov 07, 2018
100kobo:
Regarding this heated argument, I want to join the fray. You see, the bane of most visa refusals boils down to laziness. I will explain.

Mr A comes here to share his interview success and how he got waivers. Mr B, the lazy opportunist, quickly inquires of Mr A about this 'certain school' and the next thing he applies without carrying out due research. Tell me how Mr B will make it during interview when all he did was apply because somebody else has succeeded there. Most people are simply copycats. And what they fail to understand is that interviews are case by case and conducted on the merits of what each candidate is able to present.

You don't learn how to shoot in the battle field, you learn before the battle. Visas are there for grabs, but you must show yourself qualified. VOs are not silly nor are they there to dance to your whims. Even the lowest ranked of universities/colleges can earn you a visa once you are able to show strong/compelling reasons why you chose them. You don't hear that people have been going to VIU, and you simply apply without your personal reasons and convictions...surely doom awaits you. My point is: any school is good to go, but you MUST show yourself approved thru a diligent research.

Concussively, it is not how far, but how well. When the journey is ended, what's next for you? US is interested in what you can offer in terms of skills, yes. But this is one place where I know your background history matters a lot. The Yale and Harvard graduates would just knock you off in the labour market because they enjoy the pedigree and corporate network. This is why you must also be selective in your choice of schools. But if you're studying to go back home and compete, that may work. After all, you have a certificate from Amelika grin.

PS: This thread is not here to spoonfeed you, but to give you a lead. Be smart, be proactive, get busy with research.
bros what do you expect, naija copycat na our culture, we like a test run nobody wants to die first before succeeding for others to learn hahaha but if one must copy it's always advisable to copy with sense.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sammy1210: 2:19pm On Nov 07, 2018
[quote author=100kobo post=72760504]Regarding this heated argument, I want to join the fray. You see, the bane of most visa refusals boils down to laziness. I will explain.

Concussively, it is not how far, but how well. When the journey is ended, what's next for you? US is interested in what you can offer in terms of skills, yes. But this is one place where I know your background history matters a lot. The Yale and Harvard graduates would just knock you off in the labour market because they enjoy the pedigree and corporate network. This is why you must also be selective in your choice of schools. But if you're studying to go back home and compete, that may work. After all, you have a certificate from Amelika grin.

PS: This thread is not here to spoonfeed you, but to give you a lead. Be smart, be proactive, get busy with research.[
Hi, do you mind me sending my visa transcript to your mail to scrutinize?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CptCharlesVane: 2:21pm On Nov 07, 2018
Isn't this the whole point of this thread, to follow a blueprint? While you may have some points, you shouldn't be condescending about it. The outcome will be what it is and the only sin is to not try at all.

As a matter of fact, some institutions are more diverse and receptive towards international applicants - you could even go further delineate into international as in a first country or a third country - some use quotas and some leave a level playing field regardless of nationality. A program I looked at explicitly stated that they've had only 2 international students enrolled in the past 10 years. Many, I'm sure, would not be that forthright. You also have to consider that applications cost money and it is only rational to follow what seems the most successful for a given demographic. Saying people should not apply to schools that accept Nigerians with full waivers and scholarship is being disingenuous on your part.

Nothing wrong in applying to 'certain schools' at all. The worst that could happen is a denied admission.
100kobo:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 2:44pm On Nov 07, 2018
CptCharlesVane:
Isn't this the whole point of this thread, to follow a blueprint? While you may have some points, you shouldn't be condescending about it.

Saying people should not apply to schools that accept Nigerians with full waivers and scholarship is being disingenuous on your part.

Nothing wrong in applying to 'certain schools' at all. The worst that could happen is a denied admission.
You need to read between the lines. I have not discouraged anybody from applying, rather I am advising that people eschew laziness. You don't follow my blueprint because it may not suit you. Design yours!

Regarding the bolded, you must learn to choose your words aptly. A faceless forum does not require you to churn out rude remarks behind your keyboard. Let me stop so far.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CptCharlesVane: 3:09pm On Nov 07, 2018
"You shouldn't be condescending" isn't a rude statement so I wonder why you take it as such. Leave it at that (the highlighted) then. The internet is replete with blueprints for applications, interviews or whatever and the majority of the pages here. If you are not willing to share yours, fine and good, your prerogative. I only highlighted a part of your post, while still acknowledging positives, and commented.

Aren't we all copycats? How many people knew about international admissions if not for other peoples success stories.

Point to note again, diversity continues to factor increasingly in university admissions to 'aid' minorities or improve global profile. So sometimes, it might not really be how better your application and interview is compared to the rest of the pool. You might just be filling a 'minority' quota.

So, nothing wrong in 'following' the worst that could happen is a denied admission and lost application fee.
100kobo:

I have not discouraged anybody from applying, rather I am advising that people eschew laziness. You don't follow my blueprint because it may not suit you. Design yours!

Regarding the bolded, you must learn to choose your words aptly. A faceless forum does not require you to churn out rude remarks behind your keyboard. Let me stop so far.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by gozmoc8167(m): 3:25pm On Nov 07, 2018
Good evening bosses on the thread.
I am new to here and would like to get your advices.
I have an undergraduate CGPA of 4.32/5 in Electrical Engineering, with an IELTS score of 7.0.
I want to know if it would be advisable to borrow money and register for GRE cos I was just shortlisted for the second stage of a scholarship program being organized by the US brethrens of my church. The second stage requires that I write TOEFL (80/120) and GRE. I intend to use the IELTS in place of the TOEFL. The GRE cutoff is Verbal 150/160; quantitative 150/160, A.W 3.5/6.
I want to know if I can get other scholarship in US with my CGPA for Msc. Electrical if happen not to get the church scholarship.
I need your advice please.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CuteRedd(f): 4:55pm On Nov 07, 2018
gozmoc8167:
I have an undergraduate CGPA of 4.32/5 in Electrical Engineering, with an IELTS score of 7.0.
I want to know if it would be advisable to borrow money and register for GRE cos I was just shortlisted for the second stage of a scholarship program being organized by the US brethrens of my church. The second stage requires that I write TOEFL (80/120) and GRE. I intend to use the IELTS in place of the TOEFL. The GRE cutoff is Verbal 150/160; quantitative 150/160, A.W 3.5/6.
I want to know if I can get other scholarship in US with my CGPA for Msc. Electrical if happen not to get the church scholarship.

Go for the opportunity bro. All the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by oluezekiel(m): 4:56pm On Nov 07, 2018
gozmoc8167:
With a good GRE score, not do you stand a better chance of getting scholarships alone, you also stand a chance of applying for PhD programs with this your GPA if you're interested.
Prepare for the GRE to get above 160 in your quantitative and boom...you're good to go!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AkupeMBANO(m): 5:12pm On Nov 07, 2018
Missjayone22:
There's is an orientation going on at EDUCATION USA tomorrow at Walter Carrington.If you have you i-20 follow them on Facebook and register to attend by 12:30pm.It strictly by invitation by registering.
Consulars will be coming to talk to students about visa interviews,the causes denials and how to go about them.Be there
hey dear. I tried registering right now, it said "registration closed". have actually got an i20 for university of Massachusetts. please how do I get intouch with you, so maybe i can get tips/informations from you on what you learnt. I don't mind calling. thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lincolnsnowhite: 5:20pm On Nov 07, 2018
Today b4 8:00am
Kindly check my mistake, so if I want to apply I won’t fall into same pit

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Questlove85: 6:42pm On Nov 07, 2018
I don't know how this works but I hope I do get the feedbacks I desire. I was refused a F1 student visa on two separate occasions last year (June and November) . I am contemplating reapplying for spring to the same university for a Mastets in Business administration. I studied history and international but I am a Chef at the moment and been practicing for two years now ( i attended culinary school) and would love to have a MSC so as to increase my knowledge of business operations. I am almost frustrated but I need to move on . I need to know what I could do differently that would boost my chances . Basically any info that would keep me from getting a third denial. HELP!!!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 6:42pm On Nov 07, 2018
lincolnsnowhite:
Good evening all, pls I want to ask If sponsorship letter can be printed with plain white A4 or cream A4 paper
Thanks �
It can be printed with red A100 paper
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by imperiouxx(m): 7:04pm On Nov 07, 2018
How are you guys doing?

Yay! Semester almost over.... still hanging on good.

We all going to make it.

wink wink

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 07, 2018
imperiouxx:
How are you guys doing?

Yay! Semester almost over.... still hanging on good.

We all going to make it.

wink wink

grin grin grin baba are u still familiar with Naija passport renewal expedited procedure in NYC lately?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 7:22pm On Nov 07, 2018
Mandem101:

grin grin grin baba are u still familiar with Naija passport renewal expedited procedure in NYC lately?

Hello. I can see you got a student loan for your studies. I just want to know the format and content of the indemnity from your sponsor. I will appreciate this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by imperiouxx(m): 7:35pm On Nov 07, 2018
Mandem101:

Not anymore but last year we have to look for someone who knows someone to get the passport for a brother in law who was just going to Nigeria for the first time. They are horrible at the Nigerian embassy.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by biikeys(m): 7:44pm On Nov 07, 2018
AkupeMBANO:

hey dear. I tried registering right now, it said "registration closed". have actually got an i20 for university of Massachusetts. please how do I get intouch with you, so maybe i can get tips/informations from you on what you learnt. I don't mind calling. thanks.

Don't be surprised if you get more valuable information here than there.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by gobby(f): 8:11pm On Nov 07, 2018
ok thanks.
CptCharlesVane:
You need to include your SSCE in compliance with the new policy as for the transfer, send them an email, like I did, on the contact WES form requesting for transfer of evaluation for expedited processing. You don't have to start over again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by deedorte: 8:49pm On Nov 07, 2018
Missjayone22:
The invite..

Please give us update after

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 07, 2018
Predstan:

Hello. I can see you got a student loan for your studies. I just want to know the format and content of the indemnity from your sponsor. I will appreciate this
APologies for the Epistle, and pardon the typos below; figured i should answer ASAP based on free -time
. if i didn't answer any question, do not hesitate to ask, i would try my best to answer correctly and based on my lil experience.
Format: This is my understanding based on what i experienced, i don't think it has changed much.

It was a toss up between Citizen's bank and Discover Loan (i ended up going with this); The requirement include; a co-signer (US permanent resident or Citizen. Hopeful you have a relative that would be willing to help out) and the school you are heading to should have an affiliation with the bank,most schools do anyway. Usually, an I-20 is required as part of the documentation to finalise the process. SOme schools would forward your I-20 after you send a letter the lending company forwards to you , some schools don't (in situations like this this, the officer in charge should be able to work you through it).

It should not take more than 48 -72 hours to get response of approval with a good cosigner . then you are left with the bursar's office in your school to certify that the amount you claim is what is needed based on your I-20 estimate.

For indemnity note: it was more like a promissory note + property valuation note to my cosigner (an uncle) to take up an agreed portion of real estate that covers the loan heaven forbid shit hits the fan that i default. We had to do all this to show the cosigner funding wasn't an issue considering he was pretty much putting his financial neck in the noose.

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.