Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,830 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (793690 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Spotlighte: 12:15pm On Nov 06, 2018
Fatty16:
Good morning.
Am 17 year. I want to study political science at Binghamton.
Am about to register for SAT. Do I have to write tofel too?
And do you think it is okay to apply with my age.
Thank you.
Writing TOEFL wouldn't hurt you so if you have the resources, you should. Also, check the schools' requirements (usually on the website) to see if it is a criterion for being admitted, especially for international students. Contact the schools via email or phone calls if you ever need to clarify anything.

Your age isn't a barrier. Your age is just fine.

Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Beblessedbaba: 12:38pm On Nov 06, 2018
Lincoln is a degree mill and visa mill varsity. Be guided; run and if in further doubt google.com is your friend !!!!
npmi:

What is the problem with Lincoln University

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Humble11: 12:38pm On Nov 06, 2018
Enasdan:
yes it can be edited, but a fresh bar code will be generated , to edit the previous submitted one, meaning he/she has to be with the new and old slip. to the best of my knowledge

That’s not editing rather recreating a fresh one with the old number
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Miirrahh: 12:39pm On Nov 06, 2018
Hello all, I attended my F1 visa interview today. The officer said she was going to hold on to my passport and financial statements. Barely 30mins later, I checked my visa status on the site, and it showed refused. I'm confused because she still has my passport and documents.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Humble11: 12:40pm On Nov 06, 2018
Rytefish:

How will she go about this, please?

But why is Humble1 claiming not editable after submission? I just need to know.

After submitting ds 160, you can’t edit it again. But can recreate another one and use it to book your appointment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Humble11: 12:41pm On Nov 06, 2018
Miirrahh:
Hello all, I attended my F1 visa interview today. The officer said she was going to hold on to my passport and financial statements. Barely 30mins later, I checked my visa status on the site, and it showed refused. I'm confused because she still has my passport and documents.

Is it lagos or Abuja embassy ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Miirrahh: 12:47pm On Nov 06, 2018
Abuja Embassy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Miirrahh: 12:48pm On Nov 06, 2018
Abuja Embassy.
Humble11:

Is it lagos or Abuja embassy ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by martzona: 12:48pm On Nov 06, 2018
good day pls how to study in u.s.a for my masters
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Humble11: 12:49pm On Nov 06, 2018
Miirrahh:
Abuja Embassy.

It’s common with Abuja embassy, I don’t know why it’s so

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Miirrahh: 12:52pm On Nov 06, 2018
Okay, I would like to know if anyone has had similar experience, and did the status change? I would also like to know how long it takes to get the passport back so that I can apply again as soon as possible.
Humble11:

It’s common with Abuja embassy, I don’t know why it’s so
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nutshell44: 12:56pm On Nov 06, 2018
Miirrahh:
Abuja Embassy.

Hope the SOA is genuine? That could also be a problem
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nutshell44: 12:57pm On Nov 06, 2018
Miirrahh:

My passport and statement were also collected in Abuja for verification and they issued it the third day
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Miirrahh: 12:59pm On Nov 06, 2018
Yes, the statement of account is genuine.
Nutshell44:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Miirrahh: 1:02pm On Nov 06, 2018
I was hoping that would be the case for me too, until I checked the visa status and saw REFUSED
Nutshell44:

My passport and statement were also collected in Abuja for verification and they issued it the third day
Nutshell44:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by martAKINOLA(m): 1:12pm On Nov 06, 2018
Beblessedbaba:
Lincoln is a degree mill and visa mill varsity. Be guided; run and if in further doubt google.com is your friend !!!!
what's visa mill?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Humble11: 1:29pm On Nov 06, 2018
martAKINOLA:

what's visa mill?

Escape route with visa. Easy admission and all that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Enasdan(m): 1:41pm On Nov 06, 2018
Humble11:

Escape route with visa. Easy admission and all that
how will you spot or know sure schools
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 1:54pm On Nov 06, 2018
American embassy! angry Possibly the superior to the consular who interviewed you was not pleased, hence the refusal.
As per information I have, the consular at the counter have superiors inside that review list of visas granted. Until the superior give a go, visa will not be sealed on the passport. Why they do this, I am not sure. Call the US embassy line and speak with them.
Miirrahh:

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 1:57pm On Nov 06, 2018
It was never about the statement. Even if the statement is not genuine, visa is still being issued. The issue is within the inside. Something is going on that is still oblivious to the guru on the street. They are watching and observing. Sooner or later, we will get to the root of the matter. I know the US embassy is trying to cast itself as unpredictable--to scare away the crowd, and give people a sense of "we will refuse you, no matter how hard you try." But we are observing!
Miirrahh:
Yes, the statement of account is genuine.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 2:28pm On Nov 06, 2018
It is also important to note that this could be a result of system error. For clarification, call the embassy line immediately. Make sure you call them today, or latest tomorrow morning. Then go to your pick up location on Friday to pick your passport.
Miirrahh:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Twhizzy2: 2:29pm On Nov 06, 2018
Which US embassy has higher chance of granting F1 visa, Lagos or Abuja? Also, which one gives earlier appointment date?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 2:37pm On Nov 06, 2018
Twhizzy2:
Which US embassy has higher chance of granting F1 visa, Lagos or Abuja? Also, which one gives earlier appointment date?

Either Lagos or Abuja, you have equal chances. Lagos has too many applicants than Abuja, so you will get earlier dates in Abuja than Lagos
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jendon2017: 2:56pm On Nov 06, 2018
I just sent you a mail. Please check your email bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jerido: 3:13pm On Nov 06, 2018
Please your correction is highly needed. Thanks.

Why Wayne State University?
Ans: Wayne state University Provides a unique balanced research activities in Lean manufacturing, Six-Sigma, and DMAIC Methodology and the school Course contents and Schedule resonates with the intent of my studies. It also provide the technical the leadership skills to its students to immediately serve them in a diversified and high-tech global market place in which this align with my career expectations.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 3:26pm On Nov 06, 2018
Your technical jargon is allowed during the interview, but make sure if asked "What is DMAIC?" You can break down the word. Use curriculum in the place of schedule. Then, "Wayne State University (department of your program) offer technical leadership skills to its students for immediate entrance into high-tech global market, which significantly give me a background to take on leadership role when I return to Nigeria. Additionally, Wayne State University tuition fee is significantly lower, compare to other schools I applied to. My sponsor can afford it. "
Goodluck

Jerido:
Please your correction is highly needed. Thanks.

Why Wayne State University?
Ans: Wayne state University Provides a unique balanced research activities in Lean manufacturing, Six-Sigma, and DMAIC Methodology and the school Course contents and Schedule resonates with the intent of my studies. It also provide the technical the leadership skills to its students to immediately serve them in a diversified and high-tech global market place in which this align with my career expectations.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ifyalways(f): 4:23pm On Nov 06, 2018
ottizz:

There are schools that don't require these standardized tests, but it may be a tougher way to go for an international student. The US colleges will like to be able to compare this student to a typical US high school senior, thus the need for standardized tests.
There may still be time for your student to register for the Dec 1st SAT exam. And from my experience, a typical Nigerian student does better with the SAT than the ACT.
Thank you. We have just registered for SAT. I spoke to the school though and waiting for their feedback.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ifyalways(f): 4:32pm On Nov 06, 2018
Godchangemylife:

I would love to suggest Community College that (most) doesn't require neither SAt nor ACT or TOEFL just the SSCE only as a matter of fact they're affordable. But this depends on the level of maturity of the applicant... During this would supposedly prevent any forces

My opinion tho
Applicant is 17 years. Be as it May, we have registered for the next SAT. Thank you very much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Miirrahh: 4:50pm On Nov 06, 2018
I called, and I was asked to send a mail. I did send a mail, and I received a response stating that my visa was refused under section 214(b) ( no close ties to home). I wasnt even asked any question in that area.
I was just asked 2 questions, and that was it. It's so unfair!
fairheart:
It is also important to note that this could be a result of system error. For clarification, call the embassy line immediately. Make sure you call them today, or latest tomorrow morning. Then go to your pick up location on Friday to pick your passport.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by roniex2(f): 5:04pm On Nov 06, 2018
Miirrahh:
I called, and I was asked to send a mail. I did send a mail, and I received a response stating that my visa was refused under section 214(b) ( no close ties to home). I wasnt even asked any question in that area.
I was just asked 2 questions, and that was it. It's so unfair!

Sorry. You just have to try again if you still want to go for the spring term.
What were the questions asked and what were your responses? It could be the VO wasn't convinced after a second thought leading to the refusal.
Gurus here will look into it and correct you if there's any mistake.
All the best!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Poperich(m): 5:11pm On Nov 06, 2018
Good day house. I pray that all visa applicants favour in their interviews.
I want to sincerely appreciate this platform for doing a great job of educating members. God bless you all.

I got my F1 visa approved in Abuja today(after being re-interviewed!).
Already on the process of getting my flight arranged for Dec.

Thanks everyone once again. God bless you all.

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by roniex2(f): 5:12pm On Nov 06, 2018
Poperich:
Good day house. I pray that all visa applicants favour in their interviews.
I want to sincerely appreciate this platform for doing a great job of educating members. God bless you all.

I got my F1 visa approved in Abuja today(after being re-interviewed!).
Already on the process of getting my flight arranged for Dec.

Thanks everyone once again. God bless you all.

Congrats. Please share your transcript with us

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.