Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,905 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (797165 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by UzzyBreeze: 2:28pm On Nov 13, 2018
100kobo:

Your statement should cover at least 6 months. You can print 3 days to your appointment.

3 months before the date is sufficient
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gospelozy(f): 3:16pm On Nov 13, 2018
Thanks a bunch house.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 5:00pm On Nov 13, 2018
For those of you who sent me your transcript or who would like to have a mock, please understand that myself and other contributors here are also busy sorting out our own affairs. If you send anyone here your transcript for review and suggestion, kindly be patient. If your interview is close and the mock is necessary to prepare you, please remind the person you sent your transcript to.

While you do that, step outside yourself and try to look at your proposed transcript as though you're the consular officer these words are being said to. assess each response to each question one-by-one.

"MODIFIED"

Put yourself in the VO shoe. Just for this assessment, be the consular you hope would interview you. Does the response above make any sense? Does it sound personal, tailored and convincing? (Don't even think of using it; be inspired and create your own).

The purpose of writing this is that, if you are going for an interview, you are expected to say something the consular has not heard from other students recently interviewed by him/her. How do you do that? By creating something of your own. Prepare your own transcript. Wield words together like a wielder joining iron--bit by bit. If you are short of ideas, read a good motivational book or post about job interview. You will certainly get inspiration from there.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Bassmana: 7:32pm On Nov 13, 2018
You may want to leave out the intent of progressing to a PhD... focus on the bird at hand. Do not shoot yourself in the leg
elevatedmind:
Hello Gurus... Please, I need your input on this:

I got admit + funding for an MS. "I have an intent of progressing to a PhD after my MS before returning to Nigeria"... Is it dope to tell the VO this (when asked plan after study) or will it show migration intent?

Thanks. I await your responses..

CC: 100kobo, lagosismyhome, walspring, ubah1, gboyegaD Mayflower, fairheart

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Obyknow(m): 7:44pm On Nov 13, 2018
Good evening
Pls who has done WES evaluation before,my awarding institution has sent my transcript to Wes,wes has acknowledged receiving it,i just received a message from Wes asking me to send my statement of result.The whole thing is really confusing me,i thought it is only transcript that is needed for evaluation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 13, 2018
Obyknow:
i just received a message from Wes asking me to send my statement of result.

hi bro, you can use hellofax (Google it) to send your statement of result to WES via fax, also indicate your Ref number on it. just search for their fax number & do the needful. between 1-3 days they will acknowledge receipt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Dotman23(m): 8:37pm On Nov 13, 2018
My good people, please how much is usa visa fee currently
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by elevatedmind: 8:51pm On Nov 13, 2018
Bassmana:
You may want to leave out the intent of progressing to a PhD... focus on the bird at hand. Do not shoot yourself in the leg

Thanks Baba for your advice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by nasjeje: 9:16pm On Nov 13, 2018
Sherryowodunni:

I have done my own ijmb transcript,in case you need to do yours,you can contact mel

Mrs or miss. Kindly tel me how you did your IJMB.
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 9:17pm On Nov 13, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Some questions sha sad

Nigeria has only one time across the country. Also Nigeria is in West Africa Time Zone ( WAT )....

I think the person meant eastern standard time (EST)

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LadyCaty(f): 10:06pm On Nov 13, 2018
Dotman23:
My good people, please how much is usa visa fee currently

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by remasend: 10:07pm On Nov 13, 2018
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visaapply.asp

Guy pls this is the site and steps I need to use and follow for F1 visa application right. Just want to confirm. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by deedorte: 10:08pm On Nov 13, 2018
Obyknow:
Good evening
Pls who has done WES evaluation before,my awarding institution has sent my transcript to Wes,wes has acknowledged receiving it,i just received a message from Wes asking me to send my statement of result.The whole thing is really confusing me,i thought it is only transcript that is needed for evaluation

Send a copy of your certificate to them
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Damidala1(f): 10:14pm On Nov 13, 2018
Hello everyone first I must say thank you to everyone in this group.. Been following up since 2016 first time applying for us visa been denied Canada visa way back before I was advised to go to USA instead... Getting my us visa was quite different... My interview was on July 11th

Me:morning ma
Vo
:morning pass me you i-20 and international passport (I did) where you going to in usa
Me: Biggs library suit 119 Brookings South Dakota state University
Vo: what program?
Me:hospitality management
Vo: why study did in USA?
Me: they have one of the best educational system in the world and I also mentioned something about benefit of using the certificate worldwide..
Vo: how did u hear about this school?
Me: from the owner of my trade school
Vo: what do you do now?
Me: I teach empowerment program to women who wants to start a little business
Vo: any English exam
Me: no but I was told I would be taking am English at mine first study year
Vo: who is sponsoring you?
Me: my dad
Vo: what does he do?
Me: he's a car dealer and owns he's transportation company
Vo: transport of goods or people?
Me: people
Vo: where does he ship from
Me: usa
Vo: (start to the type ooooo* than brings out a white Paper) this is want I you to do for me send the documents of your shipment from USA and any other country to Nigeria the original, with statement of account and point of sale... (handled me over my passport and documents you don't have to come back send everything with the white paper together at once thought DHL and she gave me where to send them too)

So in a week I sent them all the documents and I didn't hear from them for about 6 weeks and finally i received an email from them asking me to change me resumption date to January which I did then emailed them back and was told to send my passport and that's how I got my visa... All I can say is God really God o..... The day I went for interview I was told not to answer people asking for to help me the only advice was told was to me very confident with no sign of fear also if your sponsor is a car dealer use another occupation that's the person at DHL told me that's why mine took all....

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tunz001(m): 10:22pm On Nov 13, 2018
LadyCaty:

NB: it is now 59,200..I paid mine today ...infact I went to two banks to confirm.the cashier that paid it said as at yesterday it was 57,600 .but they got an email this morning that it is now 59,200...you can asked around if you still need more info about it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by drakura: 10:36pm On Nov 13, 2018
Please i want to apply for admission as an undergraduate student but my worry is that the visa might be denied because of my age(25) if i get the admission
Pls what do you advice i do?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Awilibogy(m): 10:51pm On Nov 13, 2018
US Embassy current exchange rate is N370 =$1.
Current F-1 visa fee is $140, which equals to N51,800

NB: it is now 59,200..I paid mine today ...infact I went to two banks to confirm.the cashier that paid it said as at yesterday it was 57,600 .but they got an email this morning that it is now 59,200...you can asked around if you still need more info about it. [/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 10:57pm On Nov 13, 2018
Haven't you done your bachelor's?
drakura:
Please i want to apply for admission as an undergraduate student but my worry is that the visa might be denied because of my age(25) if i get the admission
Pls what do you advice i do?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 10:58pm On Nov 13, 2018
Awilibogy:

NB: it is now 59,200..I paid mine today ...infact I went to two banks to confirm.the cashier that paid it said as at yesterday it was 57,600 .but they got an email this morning that it is now 59,200...you can asked around if you still need more info about it.

What are You saying? F1 is $160.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Awilibogy(m): 11:04pm On Nov 13, 2018
What's happening guys the visa fees dey change

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 11:07pm On Nov 13, 2018
If you have handled other questions very well, this will be fine. In fact, it portrays you as a genuine student. In my own opinion, you'll do fine. This question alone and your response to it will not be the only determiner of the interview outcome. With strong point and response for other questions, you should get your visa. But funny enough these days, these questions may not even come up during the interview.
elevatedmind:
Hello Gurus... Please, I need your input on this:

I got admit + funding for an MS. "I have an intent of progressing to a PhD after my MS before returning to Nigeria"... Is it dope to tell the VO this (when asked plan after study) or will it show migration intent?

Thanks. I await your responses..

CC: 100kobo, lagosismyhome, walspring, ubah1, gboyegaD Mayflower, fairheart
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 11:30pm On Nov 13, 2018
Finally. ...........lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sammy1210: 1:08am On Nov 14, 2018
Hello house.
Please id love for the gurus to evaluate my transcript and tell me where i can improve. Thank you!

VO: Good morning, pass me your passport and I20
me: Good morning ( passes both to him)
VO: where are you going to
me: I am going to the University of Bleep for my Masters degree program in Construction management.
VO: okay what is your study plan
Me: I would be taking 36 credit hour courses divided into fundamental and advanced skill courses. i'll be taking courses such as budget planning, six-sigma, green and sustainable construction, LEED certification as well as lean thinking application in construction
VO: how many schools did you apply to.
ME: I applied to 4 schools and I got admitted to all apart from one.
VO: so why are this university
Me: Apart from the fact that the university offers a concentration in construction management which is rare, the construction management programme offers courses in geeen and sustainable construction which is an area am very interested in. I was also given in state tuition priviledges.
VO: How did you find this school.
Me: I first found out about this school through a journal on green and sustainable construction and I made further research through Education USA, looked up the specific courses been offered and decided it was a good fit for me and my career path.
VO: what was your undergraduate degree in and what year did you graduate
me: I had my Bsc in Building Technology in 2015 from Bleep University.
VO: What have you been doing since you graduated.
Me: I immediately went for my mandatory NYSC program where I worked at the Ministry of works in Bleep state. After that I was employed at Bleep interiors for a period of 11 months before heading to HJB environmental designs where I work as a resident builder currently.
VO: What is your work about.
Me: as the resident builder of the firm, my duties include preparing buildability and maintainability reports, Bills of quantities, Work schedule programs, Construction methodology and Health& safety analysis amongst others.
VO: Who would be sponsoring this.
Me: My Uncle who has been responsible for my education would be sponsoring this.
VO: why would he be sponsoring you.
Me: Aside from the fact that he is capable and willing, he has been the major driving force behind my education and has been responsible for it since my high school.
VO: What does he do
Me: He works as a process engineer at Mobil Nigeria.
VO: What would this degree do for you
Me: The construction industry is beginning to experience a shift toward green and LEED certified buildings and there are few people who are competent enough to undertake such projects. Earning this degree would give me a competitive edge above other construction managers and allow me to pick up a higher role in my current place of work when i return to Nigeria.
VO: Did you take any tests?
Me: Yes, I took the GRE and TOEFL.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gospelozy(f): 1:17am On Nov 14, 2018
Ubah1:

I think the person meant eastern standard time (EST)

Exactly dear, auto correct changed it.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 2:09am On Nov 14, 2018
fairheart:
If you have handled other questions very well, this will be fine. In fact, it portrays you as a genuine student. In my own opinion, you'll do fine. This question alone and your response to it will not be the only determiner of the interview outcome. With strong point and response for other questions, you should get your visa. But funny enough these days, these questions may not even come up during the interview.
Come ask me na.. Lol grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by elevatedmind: 3:32am On Nov 14, 2018
fairheart:

Thank you Sir for your reply and advice.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:10am On Nov 14, 2018
Awilibogy:

Below from website shows the exchange rate , new naira (NGN) price and valid till date

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 6:22am On Nov 14, 2018
Awilibogy:
F1 has always been pegged at $160. If 370 NGN is now the new exchange rate, then 59,200 NGN may be the latest fee regime.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 6:32am On Nov 14, 2018
Sammy1210:
Hello house.
Please id love for the gurus to evaluate my transcript and tell me where i can improve. Thank you!
You have a great template. Read it thru and thru. And work on your delivery. Be ready for questions that could develop from your responses.

For example, what journal did you read from?
Elucidate on the concept of 'Green and sustainable construction'
...and other questions of sorts.

Work and pray and you'd be good to go.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by JohnnyAmhan: 8:10am On Nov 14, 2018
Fonoth:
Good day gurus in the house,a friend suggested this platform.
Please, I have gone for my interview and was denied twice. I was scared in The first one;I wasn't convincing enough. The second one, the vo, noticed a discrepancy.. I mentioned my Dad as sponsor the first time.. and this second time that I wasn't scared, I mentioned my uncle..
Now,I'm processing another university with guaranteed (full scholarship).
Please what are the likely questions I'd be asked?
I anticipate a quick helpful response. thanks

Sorry which university guaranteed you full ride scholarship?
Thanks
What was your SAT score?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.