Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (794638 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CptCharlesVane: 12:33pm On Nov 15, 2018
No, take your advice. You need it way more than I do. You go around here being smug on an anonymous forum about people's inquiries to the point of irritation. The application fees are not coming out of your pocket, neither are they asking you for it. You also aren't on any US universities' admissions board, so what is indeed your problem? You're repulsed by how people you have no clue about ask questions on a forum.

You really don't have problems, if out of all the things going on in the world, questions from people on a faceless forum bother you. Get away from nairaland a little and see the world around you. How about directing your irritation where it would be useful, like towards the plight of people's suffering in Nigeria?

What many children are taught is that if they have nothing good to say they should shut up. I work with a lot of young people and I know this pretty much comes naturally to them.
100kobo:

You need to grow up!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 12:34pm On Nov 15, 2018
JohnnyAmhan:

As in eh, thank you for making it plain oh...
If I come here to do fund raising for educational expenses, he will still be the first person to complain about people bugging others with their overpriced ambitions.
Now I wanted to know schools that give full ride, he is complaining...
People sha, they can just be too harsh on others with one kind of myopic self-worth attitude.

Trust me, this doesn't help you in any way. See 100kobo's response as a rebuke out of love. Do your ground research and then seek help. You will appreciate you did as it will help in your Visa interview response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 12:37pm On Nov 15, 2018
JohnnyAmhan:

Thank you ehn!!!
So when you want to give advice to people you get irritated also?
So how is that one advice? It means u re not tolerant at all!!!
What if he had just asked,
"are you interested in their scholarships or their quality?"
and then I say, "I'm interested in their scholarships oh"
And then he says "OK"..

Case close!!!!

Guess you are seeking a pity party. Oga, do your thing as though this thread does not exist. If you don't like a response, just move on.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Rytefish: 12:45pm On Nov 15, 2018
100kobo:

ETSU is a good profile. Without much ado transfer your SEVIS fee to ETSU, and do well to highlight your scholarship award during your next meeting. You can still be approved. Visa decisions are subjective, fortunately or unfortunately.

You are doing a great job, 100kobo, please can you explain how to go about transferring Sevis ID from one school to another, is there going to be any financial implication?

Please, forget the lashes being dished out from the other side, you are a rare gem.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sirtenburg(m): 12:49pm On Nov 15, 2018
100kobo:

Your response on Why MBA sounds hackneyed and is replete with grammatical lapses. Leave out those generic aspects and identify the things that meet your appeal for this course. I couldn't see reasons with you in those responses.

I'm also uncomfortable with your response to Why Ashland. Why did you talk about rank here when the school and the course is not top ranked in principle? Please, drop the issue of affordability here and talk about what makes their program a 'high quality' as you claimed. If you're able to justify their high quality of learning, you've earned the score.

As for your plan after the program. Your current job is your best economic tie. You need to let them see how much you value Jocereg Ltd. But talking about your plans for Jocereg and the likes of maxline, Costco in one fell swoop doesn't sure purpose and direction. You may be denied at this point for lacking strong home ties.

Again, on Sponsorship... Why are your two elder sisters sponsoring you? While it is not out of place, be ready to let them in some more regarding your sponsors.

Thanks sir, God bless you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 2:00pm On Nov 15, 2018
Rytefish:

You are doing a great job, 100kobo, please can you explain how to go about transferring Sevis ID from one school to another, is there going to be any financial implication?

Please, forget the lashes being dished out from the other side, you are a rare gem.
Go to fmjfee.com and follow the prompts. You won't have any difficulty with this.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Miirrahh: 2:41pm On Nov 15, 2018
Hello all, I have good news. I haven't checked my visa status in a while, I decided to do so yesterday, and my status was 'ISSUED'! I equally received an sms and a mail yesterday asking me to go pick it up in dhl wuse 2, which I did this morning. I am short of words because just last week it was on REFUSED and today its been ISSUED. Thank you so much to everyone who gave me a listening ear on this platform. I really appreciate... PS: I'm going to the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, anyone there could chat me up. wink wink
fairheart:
It is also important to note that this could be a result of system error. For clarification, call the embassy line immediately. Make sure you call them today, or latest tomorrow morning. Then go to your pick up location on Friday to pick your passport.

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nutshell44: 2:51pm On Nov 15, 2018
Miirrahh:
Hello all, I have good news. I haven't checked my visa status in a while, I decided to do so yesterday, and my status was 'ISSUED'! I equally received an sms and a mail yesterday asking me to go pick it up in dhl wuse 2, which I did this morning. I am short of words because just last week it was on REFUSED and today its been ISSUED. Thank you so much to everyone who gave me a listening ear on this platform. I really appreciate... PS: I'm going to the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, anyone there could chat me up. wink wink

Wow. Happy for you. grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by RoastedCorn(m): 3:07pm On Nov 15, 2018
100kobo:

You should bother about how to get your result evaluated. What if you were told it will be reckoned as F9, will you discontinue with the evaluation? WES evaluation procedure is enough headache. Don't add to it unnecessarily.
Yes I would discontinue the procedure because it would put my GPA below 3.0 and I'm applying for a scholarship where 3.0 is the minimum . .

So I'm asking again, would the one I didn't write be counted as F9?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ebereruchina: 3:31pm On Nov 15, 2018
Hello please how do i pay sevis fee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by davidson97: 3:41pm On Nov 15, 2018
Hello guys please I just completed my Bsc in Ecomics from AAUE (Ambrose Alli university ekpoma Edo state Nigeria) I graduated with a 2:2 but right now am enroute to doing my ICAN please I wanted to know the list of school with a moderately affordable school fees and if possible how can I get a scholarship for a masters program in Canadian school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by davidson97: 3:43pm On Nov 15, 2018
Hello guys please I just completed my Bsc in Ecomics from AAUE (Ambrose Alli university ekpoma Edo state Nigeria) I graduated with a 2:2 but right now am enroute to doing my ICAN please I wanted to know the list of school with a moderately affordable school fees and if possible how can I get a scholarship for a masters program in a US school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Desmondola2020: 4:01pm On Nov 15, 2018
How do I pass a letter from the director of my course for F1 visa assistance to the US consular during my interview?
My interview is for 19th November again after rebooking after the denial on the 7th of November.

I was denied visa in Abuja on the 7th November of this month. That was my second f1 denial.

VO- Howmany schools did you apply to ?
Me—-Told her two. One admitted. I didn’t finish application for the other one because I was given a scholarship and it’s affordable.
That was all she asked and said I do not qualify. My first interview went smoothly and they even checked my bank statement. I just felt then I didn’t have twice my school fees and living expenses. I had about 14m and I was doing self sponsored.
I did Gmat. I have a scholarship. I have 4times the money I need for my program. Mom and myself is the sponsor

Pls I will be waiting for help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sirtenburg(m): 4:12pm On Nov 15, 2018
100kobo:

Your response on Why MBA sounds hackneyed and is replete with grammatical lapses. Leave out those generic aspects and identify the things that meet your appeal for this course. I couldn't see reasons with you in those responses.

I'm also uncomfortable with your response to Why Ashland. Why did you talk about rank here when the school and the course is not top ranked in principle? Please, drop the issue of affordability here and talk about what makes their program a 'high quality' as you claimed. If you're able to justify their high quality of learning, you've earned the score.

As for your plan after the program. Your current job is your best economic tie. You need to let them see how much you value Jocereg Ltd. But talking about your plans for Jocereg and the likes of maxline, Costco in one fell swoop doesn't sure purpose and direction. You may be denied at this point for lacking strong home ties.

Again, on Sponsorship... Why are your two elder sisters sponsoring you? While it is not out of place, be ready to let them in some more regarding your sponsors.

Thanks sir..God bless you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adhheir: 4:12pm On Nov 15, 2018
Rytefish:

I actually did this, the new school will prepare a prior I20 for you, visit the fmjfee.com website and click on the I901 fee transfer button, fill in the details of the new Sevis code from your preferred school and the new school sevis code, they'll send you a 'no reply' mail notifying you that they received your request and another one about the status...it takes two business days to completely transfer your sevis fee(note your fee is valid for a year) there are no financial implications...best wishes

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by elladara: 4:25pm On Nov 15, 2018
LagosismyHome:
All the best to incoming part 14 visa applicants cheesy

Safe travels to our part 13 family preparing to start new journey ... GOD BLESS YOUR NEW JOURNEY

and for those who have interview coming up this season ALL THE BEST .
. Good day all, am new here, although ve started reading thread from apart 1, my intention is to go for my masters by fall 2019. How soon can i do TOEFL or any other test that my course would be required.
thanks for your prompt response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by martzona: 4:41pm On Nov 15, 2018
Plz how can comment on nairaland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by thayor21: 4:55pm On Nov 15, 2018
[quote author=Adhheir post=72987451]
Thank you for the response sir...am still contemplating on waiting but because of the time, I won't want a situation I won't make it for spring.. Will you advice I go to the embassy with the less preferred school i20 den change when I get to the use...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by thayor21: 4:57pm On Nov 15, 2018
[quote author=Adhheir post=72987451]
Thank you for the response sir...am still contemplating on waiting but because of the time, I won't want a situation I won't be able to go in January .. Will you advice I go to the embassy with the less preferred school i20 den change when I get to the use... The oda i20 should arrive in 2weeks time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by thayor21: 4:59pm On Nov 15, 2018
Adhheir:

Yea you can, sevis fee is transferrable within the year. But once you've submit your DS-160 with your less preferred school's sevis code you won't be able to change it. Are you going to the embassy with the less preferred school's I-20 or you'd wait for the I20 of your most preferred school to get to you?
Thank you for the response sir...am still contemplating on waiting but because of the time, I won't want a situation I won't be able to go in January .. Will you advice I go to the embassy with the less preferred school i20 den change when I get to the use... The oda i20 should arrive in 2weeks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 5:03pm On Nov 15, 2018
RoastedCorn:
Yes I would discontinue the procedure because it would put my GPA below 3.0 and I'm applying for a scholarship where 3.0 is the minimum . .

So I'm asking again, would the one I didn't write be counted as F9?

I would suggest you write to WES but normally, I don't expect them to grade it since there isn't any grade for the subject.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by deedorte: 5:34pm On Nov 15, 2018
Flaame:
Well from my own perspective,here are the faults I noticed
1) Your responses deviated from the first interview,like in 'how did u get to know this school'
2)No standardized test,no other sch,and just a comminity college
3)What courses woild you be taking....U are supposed to say something like 'anatomy,blah blah blah,key courses,not just the code name or call it mother courses..and you might have lost your confidence while being interviewed
Thanks,my own say though

Does DS 160 expire after submission
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adhheir: 6:02pm On Nov 15, 2018
thayor21:

Thank you for the response sir...am still contemplating on waiting but because of the time, I won't want a situation I won't be able to go in January .. Will you advice I go to the embassy with the less preferred school i20 den change when I get to the use... The oda i20 should arrive in 2weeks

2 weeks is a long time, here are the options i THINK you have
1. In your mind make the less preferred school your most preferred school, come up with reasonable and convincing reasons you chose the course and school in your proposed transcript, go get your visa and you can then change to your most preferred school.

2. Request your school send you a soft copy if your I20; there you have your sevis code and pay your sevis fee with the code, wait for the I20, book a regular visa date and expedite!

I wish you luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adhheir: 6:03pm On Nov 15, 2018
The earliest date for Lag embassy is now Dec 31, i read earlier that abj is at jan 3(I haven't confirmed), if one expedites his/her appointment, what dates is one likely to get?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 6:20pm On Nov 15, 2018
deedorte:

Does DS 160 expire after submission
Nope,what is the problem? Tell me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 6:49pm On Nov 15, 2018
Miirrahh:

Congratulations Bros..... I wish you the very best out there and I tap into this testimony.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.