Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (797111 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pegzzyg(f): 3:25am On Nov 22, 2018
Are there cheap schools in the US anymore for Masters with a Tuition Fee below $20000? All schools now is $30-$40 & above.... Nawa o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by YoungTesla: 3:31am On Nov 22, 2018
Pegzzyg:
Are there cheap schools in the US anymore for Masters with a Tuition Fee below $20000? All schools now is $30-$40 & above.... Nawa o
Beam your searchlight on schools in Texas. Thank me later.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pegzzyg(f): 3:51am On Nov 22, 2018
Hmmmnnh! Recommendations would be very appreciated o, u rarely sees scholarships in Mgt sef, 1 neva sees or hear of any, jwould definitely thank you later smiles....
YoungTesla:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sheke01: 4:58am On Nov 22, 2018
clapper04:
Please, I want to pay my application fee for Cleveland state university and it requires a credit card.

Anyone willing to help? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

PM me.....I school in Cleveland state university
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by QUEENBIZ: 5:49am On Nov 22, 2018
Well I think you can fax the scratch card both front and back with the revealed PIN number to them using hellofax.com.
Pinkandblue26:
Hello house
Pls I am applying for 2019
WES required my WAEC and I had to send it through a courier service from WAEC office at YABA

Now I just got a notification from WES that they recieved my WAEC result and it's acceptef
But my status is still showing on hold as they are stil requesting for scratch card

Can I just call WES and call out the scratch card nom to them or I have to send the scratch card through a courier service again

Pls I need clarity pls
I need guidance
I have a deadline for 30th of November
The Graduate School is still awaiting my WES document

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 6:16am On Nov 22, 2018
uzzyj:
thanks for the response. I intend to live off campus that's why I didn't include that
Ok
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by duro7: 6:59am On Nov 22, 2018
please i need the help of gurus in the house,my sister and my church are supporting my education abroad. on my ds i was asked for the person or entity paying for my trip. pls hw can i choose both of them as the option there shows one. please help me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CuteRedd(f): 7:51am On Nov 22, 2018
QUEENBIZ:
Well I think you can fax the scratch card both front and back with the revealed PIN number to them using hellofax.com.
you can't pls it was specifically stated on their website they want a scratch card that hasn't been scratched.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by oluezekiel(m): 9:18am On Nov 22, 2018
Pegzzyg:
Hmmmnnh! Recommendations would be very appreciated o, u rarely sees scholarships in Mgt sef, 1 neva sees or hear of any, jwould definitely thank you later smiles....
TAMUK, TAMUCC
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by WilsonChinedu: 10:49am On Nov 22, 2018
sospunky:
A Big Amen.

Please house, good morning. My name is Chinedu Wilson, I am a new member here and don't understand all of these. But would like to go to the US for my masters. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 22, 2018
WilsonChinedu:

Please house, good morning. My name is Chinedu Wilson, I am a new member here and don't understand all of these. But would like to go to the US for my masters. Thank you
Welcome here ,
The very first thing to do is to search and research for schools that suit your profile and budget.
Register for GRE(Graduate Record Examinations is a standardized test that is an admissions requirement for most graduate schools in the United States.)
Study hard for the exam
Get a good grade
Apply to the schools of your choice
Get admitted
Get your form I-20 (The Form I-20 is a United States Department of Homeland Security, specifically ICE and the Student and Exchange Visitor Program, document issued by SEVP-certified schools that provides supporting information on a student's F or M status)
Pay your visa fee and Sevis Fee
Prepare for an interview with a Visa Officer
Get your visa.

P.S: Ask questions here whenever you get stuck at any stage !!!

Salud!

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 22, 2018
WilsonChinedu:

To save you some stress start from this website http://graddecision.org/ to know the application process, So step 1) Decide on the course you want to study 2) Search for schools using a)www.msinus.com (open this website with a laptop, you should see a list of school and ranking for some of the most common courses, you can start from there b)www.gradschools.com c)www.google.com (you can just type 'msc in bla bla in the us in google' d) www.usnews.com e) www.4icu.org . 3) check up the website of the schools you find, to see the requirements. Most schools will require GRE and some will require both gre and toefl . 4) Register for standardize exam and take it. You can register for gre as soon as you are ready and prepared to take the exam. Its done online at www.ets.org. You can also get all the information you need about the exam on the website. You will get adequate materials to prepare for the exam in this dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t9ot6d07hp1lkm7/AADL_dTihjEvNBRCBsmAcoXja?dl=0

TOEFL is an English test required by some US universities. though, some schools waive due to the fact that Nigeria is an Anglophone country.
For toefl, all you need are the speaking noteful videos in the link below, the ets toefl guide is enough to ace the exam for other sections. Just download the toefl ETS Guide from there website and the simulation test.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/45tvc3ifi8wh8sh/AACXR5j6l3nsWK8vZx5P28TVa?dl=0

As for the Tuition, if you have good results (GRE, GPA, Toefl), SOP and LOR; US schools do offer assistanship to graduate students. This can either be Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant or Administrative Assistant. Depending on the school, if you get an assistantship, your Tuition will be waived and you will also be paid a monthly stipend that can take care of your living expenses. One advice, once you shortlist schools, send emails to the grad cord of the schools and ask specific questions relating to that course and funding opportunities, be very explicit.

Lastly, there are basically 2 admission session in the US, Spring (Jan) and Fall (August). Schools admit more students in Fall, so Its advisable you plan towards Fall 2019. If you plan to resume in fall 2019, make sure you submit all your application documents before ending of Dec 2018.

Post Credit: Femi312

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tomisine(f): 12:02pm On Nov 22, 2018
QUEENBIZ:
I don't think you can do this as its stated on their website that only unscratched cards will be accepted.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Eporshe(m): 12:32pm On Nov 22, 2018
Pls what's happening? This chapter 14 lack testimony o.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 1:29pm On Nov 22, 2018
I have been wondering but always kept silent. Why is WES such an issue Personally,I have no business with any schoop that has any business with WES....I mean,there are hundreds of schools that don't have any biz with WES. Dudes,go for those schools and leave WES and their wahala. Just saying my mind,so feel free to disagree with me.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pegzzyg(f): 1:57pm On Nov 22, 2018
Please, I sent you a Pm. Check your mail. Thanks
YoungTesla:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pegzzyg(f): 2:01pm On Nov 22, 2018
Thanks but thes abbreviations doe angry I am of a Mgt background too. I kip seeing scholarship 4 Sciences. Social Science no dey get scholarship offer too? Nawa o
oluezekiel:

TAMUK, TAMUCC
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by npmi(f): 2:38pm On Nov 22, 2018
We need testimonies in this group 14 plz

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Munix(m): 3:07pm On Nov 22, 2018
Hello, I got admitted to ASU yesterday, trying to book a visa appointment this morning and all i could see as the available date is 3rd of January. Can I still get a date in December cos my school resumes early Jan.? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Beblessedbaba: 3:15pm On Nov 22, 2018
Flaame:
I have been wondering but always kept silent. Why is WES such an issue Personally,I have no business with any schoop that has any business with WES....I mean,there are hundreds of schools that don't have any biz with WES. Dudes,go for those schools and leave WES and their wahala. Just saying my mind,so feel free to disagree with me.
A credible alternative to wes is GCE Global Credentials Evaluators (GCE) they are on point and very fast speaking from experience !!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sirtenburg(m): 3:18pm On Nov 22, 2018
Munix:
Hello, I got admitted to ASU yesterday, trying to book a visa appointment this morning and all i could see as the available date is 3rd of January. Can I still get a date in December cos my school resumes early Jan.? Thanks

U mean Ashland university?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Munix(m): 3:37pm On Nov 22, 2018
Arkansas State University
Sirtenburg:

U mean Ashland university?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nutshell44: 4:02pm On Nov 22, 2018
Munix:

Try Abuja. You should get December date

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Andrewlaolu: 4:29pm On Nov 22, 2018
Lol pick one hustle. You'll never get a visa with this kind kg story. You founded the church abi
duro7:
please i need the help of gurus in the house,my sister and my church are supporting my education abroad. on my ds i was asked for the person or entity paying for my trip. pls hw can i choose both of them as the option there shows one. please help me.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by duro7: 4:48pm On Nov 22, 2018
please house i seriously need good materials to prepare for GRE, a material that will help my preparations towards a good score. please whoever that can help me here send the material to my inbox ezeobaamobi@gmail.com. Thank you very much!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 22, 2018
Andrewlaolu:
Lol pick one hustle. You'll never get a visa with this kind kg story. You founded the church abi

I guess some fellow nairalanders should stop the say "One will not/never get the visa" You're not the V.O to decide.The words are so discouraging and it does kill dream.
Just give your opinion or leave it ....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:11pm On Nov 22, 2018
duro7:

depending on the strength of both parties bank balance ..........for me , a siblings carries more weight or is more believable than church
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CuteRedd(f): 5:48pm On Nov 22, 2018
clapper04:
Please, I want to pay my application fee for Cleveland state university and it requires a credit card.

Anyone willing to help? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.
open a getbater acct "getbarter dot co" and register. Create a virtual card, fund it then u can use it to make international payments etc.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by pragya2017: 6:00pm On Nov 22, 2018
Pls i have a question for the house oo. I am planning to travel with my wife and kid for study and i can't leave them behind. I need your advise house. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Freeman59: 6:46pm On Nov 22, 2018
OK guys please dissect my proposed transcript. Interview is on 27th

VO: Good Morning(with a smile)
Me: Good Morning Ma,(with a smile)

VO: What are you going to do in the USA?
Me: I'm going for my Master's degree in Electrical/Electronics engineering at California State University in Sacramento.

VO: What is your study plan?
Me: I plan to take 32 credits in 24months to complete this program. I'll take 9credits in the first semester and spread out the remaining 23credits over the remaining 3 semesters. I'll be taking courses like research methodology, advanced analysis of faulted power systems, microwave engineering and so on.

VO: When did you finish your first degree?
Me: March 2012 from the University of port Harcourt. Studied electrical/electronics engineering

VO:What have you been doing since you finished?

Me: I completed my compulsory national service in July of 2013. Afterwards I got a teaching job in 2014 with a secondary school in Lagos as a mathematics teacher. I later moved to UBA In2016 where I worked as a customer service officer. Before my uncle offered me a job as an electrical support engineer with his company xxxxxxx oil and gas where I've worked from January of 2017 till date.

VO: Why did you choose the USA?
Me: The USA offers education of the highest quality. The country boasts of some of the best schools in the world. And graduates from the USA are knowledgeable, and employable all over the world. And being the number one country in the world, I am guaranteed a great learning experience and best practices to bring back home when I return home to Nigeria.

VO: So why CSUS?
Me: I'm going to this school because it's curriculum and courses are in line with my career goals. The courses are taught by well published faculty members. The learning system is cohort based, making room for students to learn from each other and establish professional relationships.

VO: What will this degree do for you?
Me: Firstly, this degree will give me a more in depth knowledge in electrical engineering than my first degree gave me. Secondly and most importantly, it will give me the necessary skills and qualification to become a successful university lecturer when I return.

VO: who's paying for your studies?
Me: My uncle, Mr. Aa. He's the md/ceo of xxxxxxx oil and gas where I currently work. He also owns several trading and real estate companies in Lagos.

VO: Why will he want to?
Me: because he's family. My parents saw him through school, and he tells me this is his own way of giving back.

VO: Did you take any standardized tests?
Me: yes. I took the GRE and TOEFL. i scored a total of 299 in the GRE and 4.0 in analytical writing. Also scored a total of 108 in my TOEFL. here are the test scores...

VO: How many colleges did you apply to?
Me:Two.was admitted to both.

VO: Have you traveled outside the country before.
Me: No, I've had no reasons to do that until now.
VO: married?
Me: No, and no kids.
VO
VO:Do you have a copy of Mr. Aa bank statements?
Me: Yes. (Passes it )
VO: Congratulations, I will be approving you visa.

CC lagosismyhome, 100kobo, please contribute

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MyAmericandream(f): 7:04pm On Nov 22, 2018
I fella's should I print out coloured or black and white of my ds160 and appointment letter? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by deedorte: 7:05pm On Nov 22, 2018
Eporshe:
Pls what's happening? This chapter 14 lack testimony o.

Less interview during Spring I guess.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.