Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (796397 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 22, 2018
Is computer engineering(repairing hardware) a good skill to take to Canada /USA?
Can I get good job with such skill?
Pls don't blast, I want to learn several skills because I plan to migrate someday.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nutshell44: 7:12pm On Nov 22, 2018
MyAmericandream:
I fella's should I print out coloured or black and white of my ds160 and appointment letter? Thanks

Anyone is fine. They only need the barcode on it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:16pm On Nov 22, 2018
pragya2017:
Pls i have a question for the house oo. I am planning to travel with my wife and kid for study and i can't leave them behind. I need your advise house. Thank you

How big is your bank account or evidence to show you can support them ... if large then it helps .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:17pm On Nov 22, 2018
Freeman59:

VO: Congratulations, I will be approving you visa.

CC lagosismyhome, please contribute

From your lips to God's ears ....

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Freeman59: 7:19pm On Nov 22, 2018
LagosismyHome:

From your lips to God's ears ....

Wow thanks sister. God bless you. Amen

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MyAmericandream(f): 7:25pm On Nov 22, 2018
Nutshell44:

Anyone is fine. They only need the barcode on it
ok ,thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Freeman59: 7:53pm On Nov 22, 2018
Guys I need more scrutiny of this transcript ooooo
Freeman59:
OK guys please dissect my proposed transcript. Interview is on 27th

VO: Good Morning(with a smile)
Me: Good Morning Ma,(with a smile)

VO: What are you going to do in the USA?
Me: I'm going for my Master's degree in Electrical/Electronics engineering at California State University in Sacramento.

VO: What is your study plan?
Me: I plan to take 32 credits in 24months to complete this program. I'll take 9credits in the first semester and spread out the remaining 23credits over the remaining 3 semesters. I'll be taking courses like research methodology, advanced analysis of faulted power systems, microwave engineering and so on.

VO: When did you finish your first degree?
Me: March 2012 from the University of port Harcourt. Studied electrical/electronics engineering

VO:What have you been doing since you finished?

Me: I completed my compulsory national service in July of 2013. Afterwards I got a teaching job in 2014 with a secondary school in Lagos as a mathematics teacher. I later moved to UBA In2016 where I worked as a customer service officer. Before my uncle offered me a job as an electrical support engineer with his company xxxxxxx oil and gas where I've worked from January of 2017 till date.

VO: Why did you choose the USA?
Me: The USA offers education of the highest quality. The country boasts of some of the best schools in the world. And graduates from the USA are knowledgeable, and employable all over the world. And being the number one country in the world, I am guaranteed a great learning experience and best practices to bring back home when I return home to Nigeria.

VO: So why CSUS?
Me: I'm going to this school because it's curriculum and courses are in line with my career goals. The courses are taught by well published faculty members. The learning system is cohort based, making room for students to learn from each other and establish professional relationships.

VO: What will this degree do for you?
Me: Firstly, this degree will give me a more in depth knowledge in electrical engineering than my first degree gave me. Secondly and most importantly, it will give me the necessary skills and qualification to become a successful university lecturer when I return.

VO: who's paying for your studies?
Me: My uncle, Mr. Aa. He's the md/ceo of xxxxxxx oil and gas where I currently work. He also owns several trading and real estate companies in Lagos.

VO: Why will he want to?
Me: because he's family. My parents saw him through school, and he tells me this is his own way of giving back.

VO: Did you take any standardized tests?
Me: yes. I took the GRE and TOEFL. i scored a total of 299 in the GRE and 4.0 in analytical writing. Also scored a total of 108 in my TOEFL. here are the test scores...

VO: How many colleges did you apply to?
Me:Two.was admitted to both.

VO: Have you traveled outside the country before.
Me: No, I've had no reasons to do that until now.
VO: married?
Me: No, and no kids.
VO
VO:Do you have a copy of Mr. Aa bank statements?
Me: Yes. (Passes it )
VO: Congratulations, I will be approving you visa.

CC lagosismyhome, 100kobo, please contribute
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by clapper04: 8:02pm On Nov 22, 2018
CuteRedd:
open a getbater acct "getbarter dot co" and register. Create a virtual card, fund it then u can use it to make international payments etc.

okay thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by pragya2017: 8:09pm On Nov 22, 2018
LagosismyHome:

How big is your bank account or evidence to show you can support them ... if large then it helps .

Thank you boss. The bank account is not a problem. Also how would i prove ties with homeland because my Kid is an American citizen already.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:33pm On Nov 22, 2018
pragya2017:

Thank you boss. The bank account is not a problem. Also how would i prove ties with homeland because my Kid is an American citizen already.

An American don't have to be on your application, f2 or have an i20. N.a. them country be that

So you just have to worry on how to convince regarding your wife
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 22, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 10:45pm On Nov 22, 2018
From the grammar some of us use and the questions most people ask here,it is just glaring that most of us aren't genuine students.....so to say,it is one of the reasons for high visa disapproval.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by nelronaldo(m): 10:50pm On Nov 22, 2018
Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 11:08pm On Nov 22, 2018
Flaame:
From the grammar some of us use and the questions most people ask here,it is just glaring that most of us aren't genuine students.....so to say,it is one of the reasons for high visa disapproval.

Have you been approved? You sound like you are well more experienced than those that their VISA were denied. Your Visa was denied sometimes ago, should I just say u weren't a genuine student that's why you were denied?

While I am not against what you have said. Just understand that even genuine students are denied Visa. Scholastica was also denied once before being approved in his second attempt.

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by uniquefurlife: 11:12pm On Nov 22, 2018
Predstan:

Have you been approved? You sound like you are well more experienced than those that their VISA were denied. Your Visa was denied sometimes ago, should I just say u weren't a genuine student that's why you were denied?

While I am not against what you have said. Just understand that even genuine students are denied Visa. Scholastica was also denied once before being approved in his second attempt.
hmmm this one loud ooo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 11:24pm On Nov 22, 2018
uniquefurlife:
hmmm this one loud ooo.

Its not really loud. I just don't like to see people condemn others that are in the same shoes as they are. Some of them will argue and write against what experienced fellow have been through a long time ago.

A guy sometimes ago was arguing with fairheart but when I looked back at his previous post. He actually applied to Iglobal and was denied visa in May. I will not mention his monicker but I asked if he was talking from experience and he answered "YES". Since that day, I select people I take advise from. I don't just believe everyone that answers my question especially when they don't have proof of experience.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:23am On Nov 23, 2018
Predstan:

Its not really loud. I just don't like to see people condemn others that are in the same shoes as they are. Some of them will argue and write against what experienced fellow have been through a long time ago.

A guy sometimes ago was arguing with fairheart but when I looked back at his previous post. He actually applied to Iglobal and was denied visa in May. I will not mention his monicker but I asked if he was talking from experience and he answered "YES". Since that day, I select people I take advise from. I don't just believe everyone that answers my question especially when they don't have proof of experience.

smiley cheesy grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 3:37am On Nov 23, 2018
Flaame:
You simply denied urself by being unnecesarily persistent on being able to support yourself on a school that pays $63,417 even though u mentioned ur uncles help too. You shouldnt have even mentioned yourself in d first place. Come on bro,u are talking about paying about 26million per year,who would wanna sacrifice such money for his nephew,not even child? And I bet you had no form of assistanship...that is to say,scholarship. Your reason for denial is as clear as a mirror.

You see them dissecting transcript like they are dinning with the VOs. The school fee of that guy is just 48k. I don't know where the 63k comes from. Desist from all this nonsense and focus on your own. You can't lead someone to success if you have not had a good experience in that field or situation.

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 4:41am On Nov 23, 2018
Predstan:

You see them dissecting transcript like they are dinning with the VOs. The school fee of that guy is just 48k. I don't know where the 63k comes from. Desist from all this nonsense and focus on your own. You can't lead someone to success if you have not had a good experience in that field or situation.
Nnanna,do your research well,ok?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 4:46am On Nov 23, 2018
Predstan:

I have not been approved,yes! But if only you have been following this trend well and see the kind of questions people ask here,u would have understood my point a lot better.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gewezzy1(f): 7:38am On Nov 23, 2018
Goodmorning, please i need a sample of sponsor letter, my mum is my sponsor, and I want to apply as soon as possible. Please help is needed urgently

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by deedorte: 7:48am On Nov 23, 2018
Gewezzy1:
Goodmorning, please i need a sample of sponsor letter, my mum is my sponsor, and I want to apply as soon as possible. Please help is needed urgently

Not sure you need that from immediate relatives.

Might be wrong though
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nutshell44: 7:56am On Nov 23, 2018
Gewezzy1:

I don’t think you need that since it’s your mum, just go with her bank statement
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gewezzy1(f): 7:57am On Nov 23, 2018
Nutshell44:

I don’t think you need that since it’s your mum, just go with her bank statement
what about an uncle? Does it apply too that he doesn't need
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gewezzy1(f): 7:58am On Nov 23, 2018
deedorte:

Not sure you need that from immediate relatives.

Might be wrong though
how about an Uncle?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 8:09am On Nov 23, 2018
Predstan:

Just $48K!!!!!!.. You do realize that that's almost the median yearly income of the average american family after tax. and you expect the citizen of a country with 70% below poverty line to splash that in one sitting. Yes, he may not dine with the VO, but these things are simple common sense, these consular officers receive constant briefing, trainings, and guide manuals; and trust me it's hard to believe that in a country where the average middle class folk is one hospital bill away from poverty has 12 million Naira stashed somewhere for an MSc. From a 3rd tier university.
There's a high rate of Nigerians consistently transferring their i-20's to community colleges once they arrive the USA, and the Department of Homeland security has been taking note.

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 8:14am On Nov 23, 2018
Good morning ya'll, I want to know which date is used at the port of entry for admission into the US. The program start date or start of classes. This two appears on my I20. Can someone please respond asap.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nutshell44: 9:07am On Nov 23, 2018
homirefacuny:
Good morning ya'll, I want to know which date is used at the port of entry for admission into the US. The program start date or start of classes. This two appears on my I20. Can someone please respond asap.

“Earliest admissible date”. It’s on the i20
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nutshell44: 9:10am On Nov 23, 2018
homirefacuny:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Soothing: 9:34am On Nov 23, 2018
Hello gurus in the house,
Please can I still use statement of Account printed 2nd October for interview purpose in December.
I want to know if it is recent enough to be presented to the VO
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Dreparker(m): 9:41am On Nov 23, 2018
"Final Secondary Examination Results (e.g. West African Senior School Certificate) must be submitted directly to WES by the appropriate examining body for evaluation along with all higher education documents. No evaluation will be completed without the final secondary examination results (from WAEC)

(Now,) If the examining body gives you the document to send to WES, it must be in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate examining body. If the envelope is opened or there is no stamp or signature across the back flap, WES cannot accept the document."

https://www.wes.org/required-documents/[/quote]

Quick one, does Waec send the result directly to WES upon request and how much or is it usually the individual that sends it personally as I'm at the point where I'm to send mine so my evaluation can be concluded?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Enasdan(m): 9:45am On Nov 23, 2018
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:

Just $48K!!!!!!.. You do realize that that's almost the median yearly income of the average american family after tax. and you expect the citizen of a country with 70% below poverty line to splash that in one sitting. Yes, he may not dine with the VO, but these things are simple common sense, these consular officers receive constant briefing, trainings, and guide manuals; and trust me it's hard to believe that in a country where the average middle class folk is one hospital bill away from poverty has 12 million Naira stashed somewhere for an MSc. From a 3rd tier university.
There's a high rate of Nigerians consistently transferring their i-20's to community colleges once they arrive the USA, and the Department of Homeland security has been taking note.
but what do you have to tell for an MBA student for Spring 2019, with a tuition fee of $22k (#8m) in his I-20 without funding, in a private university, tier 2 institution, is that ok when viewed by a Vo, is that amount to much for a tier 2 private institution, thanks for responding.

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.