Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,878 members, 7,810,337 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (793217 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 1:25pm On Nov 27, 2018
npmi:

Odiegwu ooo. �

Madam, listen up. You are unique and so will your interview be!! Don't be scared, we all have our stories to write and one thing I am very confident of.. IT WILL SURELY END IN PRAISE. Shoot your shot and go get your visa with believe. Peace.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 1:28pm On Nov 27, 2018
AyomsD:
Good day House,

Visa Delayed at Abuja Embassy this morning by black american female VO.

ME: Good Morning
VO: Good Morning
VO: Have you travelled out of the country before?
ME: Yes. I have been to Dubai and Ghana
VO: Can I get your old passport?
ME: My old passport was stolen in 2016 and I have the police report and affidavit.

I applied to study a Masters in Accounting in PVAMU
VO: Why did you choose this school?
ME: The curriculum takes a multi disciplinary approach integrating finance and management to give me a broader perspectives on organisational issues and how to resolve them. The accredited by AACSB responsible for accreditation of business schools. This accreditation serves as the gold standard of business schools.

VO: Who is sponsoring you?
ME: My mum. She is an educationist and owns schools
VO: How many schools?
ME: 2 schools

VO: What do you plan to do on your return to your country?
ME: I plan to work with the big 4 accounting firms and thereafter set up my own accounting firm.

VO: You are not eligible. Bla bla... Gave me 214B
Don't give up yet!!! As fairheart rightly opined, you should have mentioned the firms you have in sight upon return. Go again asap. BTW, is it the black American woman at window 11 grin
The woman gave me a good run for my money before dishing out the blue paper to me grin
It's well, we die there.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 1:30pm On Nov 27, 2018
You are very strong! I like your spirit. And I am sure you'll get your visa.

homirefacuny:

Don't give up yet!!! As fairheart rightly opined, you should have mentioned the firms you have in sight upon return. Go again asap. BTW, is it the black American woman at window 11 grin
The woman gave me a good run for my money before dishing out the blue paper to me grin
It's well, we die there.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AyomsD: 1:41pm On Nov 27, 2018
homirefacuny:

It's well, we die there.

Yes. Its the same woman at Window 11. I just felt she should have asked me more questions to enable me prove myself.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 1:53pm On Nov 27, 2018
AyomsD:

Yes. Its the same woman at Window 11. I just felt she should have asked me more questions to enable me prove myself.
Lol.. Sorry dear. The woman looks naturally angry that day grin
If you can, reapply again and pls mention the name of the firm you wish to work for. It sometimes show some seriousness on your part. One of my friend studying maths and stats in the states now convinced the VO with this same question.... She said she would like to work for CBN or an international auditing firm like PWC upon her return. The VO was like wow CBN.. Perhaps she woke up on the right side of the bed that day grin Some VOs are like that. All in all dear, Don't give up. They like consistency!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 1:55pm On Nov 27, 2018
fairheart:
You are very strong! I like your spirit. And I am sure you'll get your visa.

Thanks bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olumuyiwalasode(m): 1:59pm On Nov 27, 2018
doublezero7:
Visa approved at Abuja embassy this morning after initial denial at Lagos Consulate last week.

Comprehensive transcripts loading.

100kobo and tolatof... kindly check your mail.

congrats bro...kindly upload ur approved transcript.. thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MyAmericandream(f): 2:00pm On Nov 27, 2018
homirefacuny:

Lol.. Sorry dear. The woman looks naturally angry that day grin
If you can, reapply again and pls mention the name of the firm you wish to work for. It sometimes show some seriousness on your part. One of my friend studying maths and stats in the states now convinced the VO with this same question.... She said she would like to work for CBN or an international auditing firm like PWC upon her return. The VO was like wow CBN.. Perhaps she woke up on the right side of the bed that day grin Some VOs are like that. All in all dear, Don't give up. They like consistency!!
Do we still have available date again?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 2:03pm On Nov 27, 2018
MyAmericandream:
Do we still have available date again?

Oh previously refused. You may not be able to get a date for spring semester. But you can keep checking Sha or better still defer till fall and if you can get funding as well.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MyAmericandream(f): 2:12pm On Nov 27, 2018
homirefacuny:

Oh previously refused. You may not be able to get a date for spring semester. But you can keep checking Sha or better still defer till fall and if you can get funding as well.
I don't think the school dish out funding.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by doublezero7(m): 2:21pm On Nov 27, 2018
fairheart:
Happy for you! Please share your transcript as soon you can. It will help other students preparing for their interview.

I will sir. It has just been a very long 1 week and I'd like to make the transcript as comprehensive as possible.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 2:27pm On Nov 27, 2018
MyAmericandream:
I don't think the school dish out funding.

Hmm you might want to apply to schools that give out as well in addition to the one you have now for fall. Sometimes funding helps o.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 2:39pm On Nov 27, 2018
Will look forward to it.
doublezero7:

I will sir. It has just been a very long 1 week and I'd like to make the transcript as comprehensive as possible.

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dohblegee(m): 2:54pm On Nov 27, 2018
Hello!

Am about to apply for an Intensive English course...at Richland college...

No test required...but is it advisable. Am planing to go for their associate degree, after the 8 week course. Will i need those test at the embassy?

Am looking forward for the warm replys. Thanks in advance!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 3:04pm On Nov 27, 2018
doublezero7:
Visa approved at Abuja embassy this morning after initial denial at Lagos Consulate last week.

Kudos to you. Our efforts have finally paid off.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 3:19pm On Nov 27, 2018
PRYCE:
Denials are constant yeah but for the whole of yesterday and the day before, no single approval in here.

At least, the NL fam gotta win some nah. wink
Many are still getting their visa approvals on a daily basis, most of whom are not Nairaland members, while others who belong here have simply refused to give back. The recent hues and cries will play little or no role in influencing visa decisions. The candidate has a major role to play whilst still hoping on the God factor.

I am speaking directly to those preparing for their appointment: Do your honest part! Prepare as though you are an atheist, and pray as though everything depends on it. Eschew every negative vibe you read here. I am sure some people also come here to spread panic deliberately and otherwise. "Your case is different" should be your slogan as you make ready to meet your VO friendgrin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MyAmericandream(f): 3:32pm On Nov 27, 2018
homirefacuny:

Hmm you might want to apply to schools that give out as well in addition to the one you have now for fall. Sometimes funding helps o.
They already have the proposed school on their system, won't it pose a red flag?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by monimaks: 3:39pm On Nov 27, 2018
I put up application for admission against spring 2019 to study masters in public health . Still waiting for my admission letter. Do I still stand any chance of getting visa interview this year? What are my chances as a medical doctor? Do I need to take any precaution? Thank you in anticipation of your response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by doublezero7(m): 3:54pm On Nov 27, 2018
100kobo:

Kudos to you. Our efforts have finally paid off.

Yes it did brother. Thank you for everything. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MyAmericandream(f): 3:59pm On Nov 27, 2018
npmi:

Odiegwu ooo. �
grin if you kan hear my own nko?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by xtus(m): 4:58pm On Nov 27, 2018
how did you manage to book another interview within 1 week from your last refusal? Thought anyone who was refused cannot apply again till after 2 months? Am I missing something here?

doublezero7:

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by doublezero7(m): 5:17pm On Nov 27, 2018
xtus:
how did you manage to book another interview within 1 week from your last refusal? Thought anyone who was refused cannot apply again till after 2 months? Am I missing something here?

Sir, i don't think the 2 months rule is correct. I was denied in Lagos on the 21st. I paid that same day and i was able to see available dates around midnight the 22nd.

The earliest date for the Lagos Consulate was January 15. I checked for Abuja and got November 27th. Infact it was the last slot.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by xtus(m): 5:20pm On Nov 27, 2018
Thanks for sharing that info. Congrats on ur approval

doublezero7:

Sir, i don't think the 2 months rule is correct. I was denied in Lagos on the 21st. I paid that same day and i was able to see available dates around midnight the 22nd.

The earliest date for the Lagos Consulate was January 15. I checked for Abuja and got November 27th. Infact it was the last slot.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Spring2019: 5:21pm On Nov 27, 2018
doublezero7:

Congratulations. Please post your transcript ooo

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by doublezero7(m): 6:09pm On Nov 27, 2018
This would be a long read. So I'll break it down into 2 or 3 posts.

Visa delayed on the 21st of November.

I booked my appointment on the 15th of October and although i saw earlier dates, i chose November 20th. Partly because it was the most recent with an appointment for 6:30.

Since i had been practising and perfecting my transcript since around May (with Tolatof, Ubah, 100kobo, etc), it was easier for me to get ready for the interview proper.

I got to the consulate around 5am on the D-day. Then found out that i wasn't with my visa fee payment confirmation printout. Our ogas lurking around the consulate said I'd have to pay 10k for them to help track and print a new one.i just walked away and straight to the queue. Since i couldn't have booked an appointment without a trace of my payment with the CGI officials, i proceeded to the first checkpoint. Fortunately, the visa fee confirmation wasn't a problem. Unfortunately, i was told to go fill out a new DS-160 form and print a copy. More bad news is rhat i had 20 minutes or i wouldnt be allowed back to the pavilion. Paid 3k to have that done and rushed back. By now, it was around 7:30.

Cleared the other checkpoints and then got in. Everywhere was rowdy mehn. The queues were too long. Stood to interview for over an hour.

Interview proper at 8:45am.

VO: why are you going to the US?
Me: I am going to the United States to study for my masters degree in Healthcare Management at the California State University, Los Angeles.

VO: Did you apply to other schools?
Me: Yes i did. Aside CSULA, i applied to 4 other schools (mentioned) and got admitted into all.

VO: So why did you choose CSULA
Me: I choose CSULA because they have an ongoing research specifically in the area I am most interested in which is Medical intelligence and surveillance service systems. I mailed the program director, Dr Andre Avramchuck my paper on how i thought effective MIS can be crucial in controlling epidemic outbreak in Nigeria and Africa in general. He was not just happy with the quality of my paper, he was also very much impressed with my years of experience in the Nigerian healthcare industry, my GRE scores, my certificarions in healthcare management and most importantly my love for knowledge

VO: Who is paying for this?
Me: my mom is. She is a medical doctor and owns hospitals in 4 states and also a pharmaceutical company in Lagos.

VO: Do you have her statement of account?
Me: Of course ma'am (passes it)

After glancing through and typing almost at the same time.

(Looks up)

VO: what would this degree do for you?
Me: This degree would afford me the opportunity to manage and grow subsidiaries of my family's healthcare companies upon my return to Nigeria . With courses such as Leadership in Healthcare Management, Healthcare Law, compliance and ethics and financial management in Healthcare, I would be better equip to takeover the day to day operations ofthe company

Also, with my research in Medical Intelligence and surveillance systems, I would be able to collaborate with the Nigerian govt through the Federal Ministry of Health in providing creative and innovative consultations on issues bothering on epidemicoutbreaks and how to control such situation.

She types for a minute, goes through my statement of account, looks up, types again and brought out the famous paper.

VO: you're not eligible at this time. You can apply again. However, I'd advice you go through our website to know more about the student visa procedures.

Me: (still shocked) Thank you and have a nice day.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Mekurexx: 6:57pm On Nov 27, 2018
Do you have dollar / do you still need naira?
texrem:
HMU for sevis payment!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Mekurexx: 6:57pm On Nov 27, 2018
Its been a while folks!! grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 7:04pm On Nov 27, 2018
Mmlanrehh:

Pls I mentioned you yesterday pls take time to view and respond to the question
I think fairheart already responded to it. I'm in agreement with his suggestion as per your query.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 7:06pm On Nov 27, 2018
AyomsD:
Good day House,

Visa Delayed at Abuja Embassy this morning by black american female VO.

ME: Good Morning
VO: Good Morning
VO: Have you travelled out of the country before?
ME: Yes. I have been to Dubai and Ghana
VO: Can I get your old passport?
ME: My old passport was stolen in 2016 and I have the police report and affidavit.

I applied to study a Masters in Accounting in PVAMU
VO: Why did you choose this school?
ME: The curriculum takes a multi disciplinary approach integrating finance and management to give me a broader perspectives on organisational issues and how to resolve them. The accredited by AACSB responsible for accreditation of business schools. This accreditation serves as the gold standard of business schools.

VO: Who is sponsoring you?
ME: My mum. She is an educationist and owns schools
VO: How many schools?
ME: 2 schools

VO: What do you plan to do on your return to your country?
ME: I plan to work with the big 4 accounting firms and thereafter set up my own accounting firm.

VO: You are not eligible. Bla bla... Gave me 214B
Your response on Why this School and Plans after graduation easily gave you away. Work on those.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MyAmericandream(f): 7:08pm On Nov 27, 2018
doublezero7:

Did you write any exam?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Rayscell: 7:18pm On Nov 27, 2018
Hello All,
A friend paid for her visa fee November 1 and tried to schedule appointment for interview but discovered the dates available are not suitable for her and cancelled. When she paid for the visa fee, dollar to naira was 360 per dollar, hence paid #57,600. On the 22 of November she tried to schedule the interview appointment and it said invalid receipt because dollar to naira rate is now 370 making the balance 59200 which is higher than 57600 which she paid earlier in d month.
If there is anyone in the house that has experienced such? How the person managed d situation. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by hansmond93: 7:19pm On Nov 27, 2018
doublezero7:
This would be a long read. So I'll break it down into 2 or 3 posts.

Visa delayed on the 21st of November.

I booked my appointment on the 15th of October and although i saw earlier dates, i chose November 20th. Partly because it was the most recent with an appointment for 6:30.

Since i had been practising and perfecting my transcript since around May (with Tolatof, Ubah, 100kobo, etc), it was easier for me to get ready for the interview proper.

I got to the consulate around 5am on the D-day. Then found out that i wasn't with my visa fee payment confirmation printout. Our ogas lurking around the consulate said I'd have to pay 10k for them to help track and print a new one.i just walked away and straight to the queue. Since i couldn't have booked an appointment without a trace of my payment with the CGI officials, i proceeded to the first checkpoint. Fortunately, the visa fee confirmation wasn't a problem. Unfortunately, i was told to go fill out a new DS-160 form and print a copy. More bad news is rhat i had 20 minutes or i wouldnt be allowed back to the pavilion. Paid 3k to have that done and rushed back. By now, it was around 7:30.

Cleared the other checkpoints and then got in. Everywhere was rowdy mehn. The queues were too long. Stood to interview for over an hour.

Interview proper at 8:45am.

VO: why are you going to the US?
Me: I am going to the United States to study for my masters degree in Healthcare Management at the California State University, Los Angeles.

VO: Did you apply to other schools?
Me: Yes i did. Aside CSULA, i applied to 4 other schools (mentioned) and got admitted into all.

VO: So why did you choose CSULA
Me: I choose CSULA because they have an ongoing research specifically in the area I am most interested in which is Medical intelligence and surveillance service systems. I mailed the program director, Dr Andre Avramchuck my paper on how i thought effective MIS can be crucial in controlling epidemic outbreak in Nigeria and Africa in general. He was not just happy with the quality of my paper, he was also very much impressed with my years of experience in the Nigerian healthcare industry, my GRE scores, my certificarions in healthcare management and most importantly my love for knowledge

VO: Who is paying for this?
Me: my mom is. She is a medical doctor and owns hospitals in 4 states and also a pharmaceutical company in Lagos.

VO: Do you have her statement of account?
Me: Of course ma'am (passes it)

After glancing through and typing almost at the same time.

(Looks up)

VO: what would this degree do for you?
Me: This degree would afford me the opportunity to manage and grow subsidiaries of my family's healthcare companies upon my return to Nigeria . With courses such as Leadership in Healthcare Management, Healthcare Law, compliance and ethics and financial management in Healthcare, I would be better equip to takeover the day to day operations ofthe company

Also, with my research in Medical Intelligence and surveillance systems, I would be able to collaborate with the Nigerian govt through the Federal Ministry of Health in providing creative and innovative consultations on issues bothering on epidemicoutbreaks and how to control such situation.

She types for a minute, goes through my statement of account, looks up, types again and brought out the famous paper.

VO: you're not eligible at this time. You can apply again. However, I'd advice you go through our website to know more about the student visa procedures.

Me: (still shocked) Thank you and have a nice day.

Damn, this transcript dope to be denied in the 1st place mehn.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.