Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (797821 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by doublezero7(m): 7:20pm On Nov 27, 2018
2nd post.

Dazed, disappointed and scared! I couldn't even process my feelings. Couldn't go back to work, so i went straight home. The interview went very well. The decision to deny was just weird.

Got home. Headed for the shower...spent like half an hour there and all i just wanted to do was recap all that could have gone wrong. Then the VO last words came back. "I'd advice you go through our website to know more about the student visa procedures." Like that's a subtle way of saying " oga olodo, as old as you are, you did not do your due diligence!". Then i figured out what happened.

I filled a new DS-160 form and i didnt give it time to be updated to my profile. Called the customer service number and explained what happened. I was told that I should have allowed at least two working days after filling the DS 160 form before attending my interview. I was told that the CGI officer that asked me to go back and fill the form ought to have advised me to reschedule my appointment. My first reaction? Holy shiit! 57,600 naira rightly spent. Jesus Christ!

Ran out, grabbed my phone and mailed 100kobo. Oga didn't reply on time. I had to come here on the thread to ask him to check his mail. He did and responded after some hours. He was very disappointed to say the least. He encouraged me to 'refire' as he was sure i would be approved. The feeling that i was delayed because of a technical issue (which could have been avoided) gave me joy.

It was around past 3pm already. So i went to the nearest GTBank. Paid the 59,200 amd went home with the determination that i would be approved whenever I faced the next VO. Lol.

Past 6pm now. Decided to take a nap o. Nap turned to deep sleep. Woke up around 11pm. Tried booking an appointment but i couldn't. Slept again, woke up arond 12:25 am on the 22nd. Refreshed the page and i could finally book. Checked for Lagos. Nearest date was January 15. Wahala haff come. Checked Abuja and saw November 27...1 slot! The speed I used to apply ehn. I confirmed the appointment and my mind was at peace.

Reached out to 100kobo cos i felt i needed to work on convincing the VO earlier in the interview. I needed to control the interview. Oga replied and said i shouldn't. He said i would sound desperate. Hmmn. I took his advice and just stuck to my normal plan. God's willing, I would get my approval but I needed to be calm. With all the bad news on NL, i just kept saying, "even if they don't find everyone eligible for a visa in abuja on the 27th, i would walk out with my approval!"

And God heard my prayers...

26 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by doublezero7(m): 7:25pm On Nov 27, 2018
MyAmericandream:
Did you write any exam?

I wrote the GRE ma'am!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 7:43pm On Nov 27, 2018
doublezero7:
2nd post.
Congrats again. Go and give a good account of yourself and your country.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by doublezero7(m): 7:44pm On Nov 27, 2018
100kobo:

Congrats again. Go and give a good account of yourself and your country.

Sir Yes sir! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by clapper04: 7:45pm On Nov 27, 2018
doublezero7:
Visa approved at Abuja embassy this morning after initial denial at Lagos Consulate last week.

Comprehensive transcripts loading.

100kobo and tolatof... kindly check your mail.

Congratulations. please how were you able to get an appointment a week after you had been denied? Thought it takes a month or two?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by clapper04: 7:47pm On Nov 27, 2018
doublezero7:

Sir, i don't think the 2 months rule is correct. I was denied in Lagos on the 21st. I paid that same day and i was able to see available dates around midnight the 22nd.

The earliest date for the Lagos Consulate was January 15. I checked for Abuja and got November 27th. Infact it was the last slot.

Oh great!. Got it now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 27, 2018
doublezero7:

Sir, i don't think the 2 months rule is correct. I was denied in Lagos on the 21st. I paid that same day and i was able to see available dates around midnight the 22nd.

The earliest date for the Lagos Consulate was January 15. I checked for Abuja and got November 27th. Infact it was the last slot.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 7:54pm On Nov 27, 2018
doublezero7:
2nd post.

Dazed, disappointed and scared! I couldn't even process my feelings. Couldn't go back to work, so i went straight home. The interview went very well. The decision to deny was just weird.

Got home. Headed for the shower...spent like half an hour there and all i just wanted to do was recap all that could have gone wrong. Then the VO last words came back. "I'd advice you go through our website to know more about the student visa procedures." Like that's a subtle way of saying " oga olodo, as old as you are, you did not do your due diligence!". Then i figured out what happened.

I filled a new DS-160 form and i didnt give it time to be updated to my profile. Called the customer service number and explained what happened. I was told that I should have allowed at least two working days after filling the DS 160 form before attending my interview. I was told that the CGI officer that asked me to go back and fill the form ought to have advised me to reschedule my appointment. My first reaction? Holy shiit! 57,600 naira rightly spent. Jesus Christ!

Ran out, grabbed my phone and mailed 100kobo. Oga didn't reply on time. I had to come here on the thread to ask him to check his mail. He did and responded after some hours. He was very disappointed to say the least. He encouraged me to 'refire' as he was sure i would be approved. The feeling that i was delayed because of a technical issue (which could have been avoided) gave me joy.

It was around past 3pm already. So i went to the nearest GTBank. Paid the 59,200 amd went home with the determination that i would be approved whenever I faced the next VO. Lol.

Past 6pm now. Decided to take a nap o. Nap turned to deep sleep. Woke up around 11pm. Tried booking an appointment but i couldn't. Slept again, woke up arond 12:25 am on the 22nd. Refreshed the page and i could finally book. Checked for Lagos. Nearest date was January 15. Wahala haff come. Checked Abuja and saw November 27...1 slot! The speed I used to apply ehn. I confirmed the appointment and my mind was at peace.

Reached out to 100kobo cos i felt i needed to work on convincing the VO earlier in the interview. I needed to control the interview. Oga replied and said i shouldn't. He said i would sound desperate. Hmmn. I took his advice and just stuck to my normal plan. God's willing, I would get my approval but I needed to be calm. With all the bad news on NL, i just kept saying, "even if they don't find everyone eligible for a visa in abuja on the 27th, i would walk out with my approval!"

Congrats bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by doublezero7(m): 7:56pm On Nov 27, 2018
clapper04:

Congratulations. please how were you able to get an appointment a week after you had been denied? Thought it takes a month or two?

Well, I don't know how it happened sir. I paid the visa fee, clicked on previously denied for abuja and got November 27.

As i mentioned earlier sir, the 2 months rule is not a valid thingie.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by clapper04: 7:57pm On Nov 27, 2018
doublezero7:
2nd post.

Congratulations again bro! Inspiring story!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gewezzy1(f): 7:58pm On Nov 27, 2018
doublezero7:

Well, I don't know how it happened sir. I paid the visa fee, clicked on previously denied for abuja and got November 27.

As i mentioned earlier sir, the 2 months rule is not a valid thingie.
please post how the interview went today
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by doublezero7(m): 7:58pm On Nov 27, 2018
Ubah1:

Congrats bro

Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adhheir: 8:05pm On Nov 27, 2018
doublezero7:
2nd post.

Congrats bro; I was sent home this morning too; barcode issues, I have to wait 72hours to book another appointment. Over a thousand non-immigrant visa seekers at Lagos embassy. They can never give 50% it not a curse; its just speaks the to chaotic state our nation is in. Your transcript just boosted my courage again, I've been sleeping all day like a slug

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by arTiculaTe01: 8:21pm On Nov 27, 2018
Adhheir:

Congrats bro; I was sent home this morning too; barcode issues, I have to wait 72hours to book another appointment. Over a thousand non-immigrant visa seekers at Lagos embassy. They can never give 50% it not a curse; its just speaks the to chaotic state our nation is in. Your transcript just boosted my courage again, I've been sleeping all day like a slug

Yours will end in Praise too! Please elaborate on this Barcode issue: causes, effects and remedies...?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adhheir: 8:27pm On Nov 27, 2018
arTiculaTe01:

Yours will end in Praise too! Please elaborate on this Barcode issue: causes, effects and remedies...?
The ds-160 barcode code on my appointment confirmation page is different from that on the DS-160 nonimmigrant confirmation page. Its an error on my part and one would not be interviewed if they don't correlate. Its not a biggie, it's just the limited interview dates that bothers one.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by doublezero7(m): 8:34pm On Nov 27, 2018
Visa Appproved at the Abuja embassy.

Got to the embassy around 8am for my 9am appointment. Longest queue ever mehn. Took over an hour to get to my turn. Passed the check points. Got in and was interviewed by a lady that looked like Sheila Zazz from Suits . Lol. I smiled as soon as i got to her and greeted. Honestly, there was no fear in my mind. I knew i was about to have a nice conversation.

She asked fot my passport and I20 which i passed to her

VO: So you're going to California State University, Los Angeles to study Healthcare Management?

Me: Yes ma'am

VO: why thia school?

Me: i chose CSULA because i they have a research in the area I am most interested in which is Medical intelligence and surveillance services systems. (She cut me)

VO: What is MIS?

Me: (wasn't expecting that so I took a pause, smiled and continued) MIS is that category of intelligence that is derived from the collection, evaluation, analysis and interpretation of foreign medical, bio scientific and enviromental information which can be of importance to strategic medical planning. (I was going to explain what MIS systems is used in the US and Canada before she cut me)

VO: when did you leave school and what did you study?

Me: i studied philosophy and graduated in 2013. (She looked up and asked)

VO: from philosophy to public health...(and she looked kinda turned off. Village people haff reach here o)

Me: Ma'am, studying philosophy gave me answers to lots of questions i had about life. I knew someday that I'd be taking up additional responsibility. So i decided to improve my art of reasoning and critical thinking skills. After my undergraduate degree, i started off as an intern at the Nigerian Institute of medical research and then got employment at the Federal Ministry of Health, Yaba Lagos. I presently work at my family's healthcare services company.

VO: That's enough. How many years of experience do you have in public health?

Me: 5 years

VO: Who is sponsoring your studies?

ME: My mother (passed her statement of account . She went through it whilst typing)

VO: Did you write any standardised test?

VO: Can i have your score sheet?

Me:: (passed it)

VO: I'd be approving your visa now. Your financial document would be verified and if it is found to be fraudulent, you'd get your passport back and be banned from the USA. Do you want to submit this document.

Me: Of course ma'am.

VO: Take this paper. It would instruct you on how to pick up your passport. Take this other paper too. Enjoy your studies at the United States.

Me::Thank you. And enjoy the rest of your day too.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by doublezero7(m): 8:37pm On Nov 27, 2018
Adhheir:

I am really sorry to hear this sir.

Honestly, it could be frustrating. I guess you filled a new DS 160. The issue is that you didn't update it to your appointment page. I almost made the same mistake again yesterday. Had to mail them and I got a response that my confirmation number has been updated.

Really sorry. I am sure you'd be approved sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Freeman59: 8:42pm On Nov 27, 2018
Bro i have filled a new ds160 form and paid another visa fee. Should I go ahead and update my profile with the. New ds160 number on the scheduling site? Then after this what else? I keep refreshing the page to see if I can book a fresh appointment. Someone please assist.

Congratulations
doublezero7:

Got to the embassy around 8am for my 9am appointment. Longest queue ever mehn. Took over an hour to get to my turn. Passed the check points. Got in and was interviewed by a lady that looked like Sheila Zazz from Suits . Lol. I smiled as soon as i got to her and greeted. Honestly, there was no fear in my mind. I knew i was about to have a nice conversation.

VO: So you're going to California State University, Los Angeles to study Healthcare Management?

Me: i chose CSULA because i they have a research in the area I am most interested in which is Medical intelligence and surveillance services systems. (She cut me)

Me: (wasn't expecting that so I took a pause, smiled and continued) MIS is that category of intelligence that is derived from the collection, evaluation, analysis and interpretation of foreign medical, bio scientific and enviromental information which can be of importance to strategic medical planning. (I was going to explain what MIS systems is used in the US and Canada before she cut me)

VO: from philosophy to public health...(and she looked kinda turned off. Village people haff reach here o)

Me: Ma'am, studying philosophy gave me answers to lots of questions i had about life. I knew someday that I'd be taking up additional responsibility. So i decided to improve my art of reasoning and critical thinking skills. After my undergraduate degree, i started off as an intern at the Nigerian Institute of medical research and then got employment at the Federal Ministry of Health, Yaba Lagos. I presently work at my family's healthcare services company.

ME: My mother (passed her statement of account . She went through it whilst typing)

VO: I'd be approving your visa now. Your financial document would be verified and if it is found to be fraudulent, you'd get your passport back and be banned from the USA. Do you want to submit this document.

VO: Take this paper. It would instruct you on how to pick up your passport. Take this other paper too. Enjoy your studies at the United States.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by doublezero7(m): 8:45pm On Nov 27, 2018
Freeman59:
Bro i have filled a new ds160 form and paid another visa fee. Should I go ahead and update my profile on the scheduling site? Then after this what else? I keep refreshing the page to see if I can book a fresh appointment. Someone please assist.

Congratulations

Sir, you need to sleep for a while. Take your mind off this till you wake up. Around past midnight, check the page again and I'm sure you'd be able to book new appointment.

As regards the DS 160, you only update it to your appointment confirmation page only if you fill a new DS 160. If not, don't bother yourself please.

Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adhheir: 8:45pm On Nov 27, 2018
doublezero7:

I am really sorry to hear this sir.

Honestly, it could be frustrating. I guess you filled a new DS 160. The issue is that you didn't update it to your appointment page. I almost made the same mistake again yesterday. Had to mail them and I got a response that my confirmation number has been updated.

Really sorry. I am sure you'd be approved sir.
Thank you very much for your response.. I sent you a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by doublezero7(m): 8:46pm On Nov 27, 2018
Adhheir:

Thank you very much for your response.. I sent you a pm

Replied sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Freeman59: 8:50pm On Nov 27, 2018
Thanks and congratulations again. Please could you respond to my email msg just want to ask you sth
doublezero7:

Sir, you need to sleep for a while. Take your mind off this till you wake up. Around past midnight, check the page again and I'm sure you'd be able to book new appointment.

As regards the DS 160, you only update it to your appointment confirmation page only if you fill a new DS 160. If not, don't bother yourself please.

Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Rytefish: 8:51pm On Nov 27, 2018
Adhheir:

The ds-160 barcode code on my appointment confirmation page is different from that on the DS-160 nonimmigrant confirmation page. Its an error on my part and one would not be interviewed if they don't correlate. Its not a biggie, it's just the limited interview dates that bothers one.

What do you think could have caused it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Bunmip: 9:11pm On Nov 27, 2018
Please can someone help?

My cousin tried to fill a new DS160 today because she made some mistakes on the old one. I was with her during the registration for the new ds160 today. After the submission, She downloaded the ds160 in pdf form and then we went straight to update her profile on the scheduling site and we printed the appointment date form.

we checked the Ds160 confirmation page in pdf form we downloaded just now and noticed the barcode is not on the form. What can be the cause of it? and what can we do?

And How can someone know if the ds-160 barcode code on my appointment confirmation page is the same with that on the DS-160 nonimmigrant confirmation page?

Please, anyone?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by paulemi(m): 9:16pm On Nov 27, 2018
doublezero7:

Really happy for you bro. Congratulations!
I tap into this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adhheir: 9:20pm On Nov 27, 2018
Bunmip:
Please can someone help?

My cousin tried to fill a new DS160 today because she made some mistakes on the old one. I was with her during the registration for the new ds160 today. After the submission, She downloaded the ds160 in pdf form and then we went straight to update her profile on the scheduling site and we printed the appointment date form.
?

Consulate General of the United Slates of America
Consular Section
2 Walter Carrington Crescent
Victoria Island's, Lagos, Nigeria

Dear Applicant,
Thank you for your interest in visiting the United States.
• Because the DS-160 confirmation barcode number used to schedule your appointment is not the same as the one you have presented today or because you have arrived later than 60 minutes from the time of your
scheduled appointment, we cannot interview you and you are therefore turned back
•Maybe you used an old barcode from a previous application, or the visa service has made an error
Therefore, your application information is not available to the Embassy and we cannot conduct an interview without this information
. You should fill out and submit a new DS-160 and print out a confirmation page with a barcode that matches
your online submission. Then, simply reschedule your visa appointment. Do not make a completely new
appointment which would require the payment of an additional application fee. Please review
instructions on how to reschedule your appointment online at www.ustraveldocs.com/ng
the
After three business days, you can use your existing fee receipt number to make a new appointment if you
have not exceeded the cancellation or scheduling limit.
Please review instructions for non-immigrant visa applications available on our website at
htp:/nigeria.usembassy.gov/visas.html, under the section labeled "Visa Appointment Instructions" for
further information.
Sincerely
Consular Section, U.S. Consulate General Lagos
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adhheir: 9:23pm On Nov 27, 2018
The funny thing was people were congratulating me thinking I got the white paper, cos this paper is also white grin cheesy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by decong: 9:31pm On Nov 27, 2018
Adhheir:

I guess you were d one that sgowed me how to take bus to ikeja
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adhheir: 9:32pm On Nov 27, 2018
decong:

I guess you were d one that sgowed me how to take bus to ikeja
Nope, that wasn't me. Were you interviewed today?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Bunmip: 9:35pm On Nov 27, 2018
The interview date is still in two weeks. Do i need to reschedule appointment date after updating the profile?

Please, How do we know if the barcode on the ds160 matches the barcode on the scheduling confirmation appointment form?

Presently, I cant see any barcode on her ds160 pdf form we downloaded. How can we go about this?

Adhheir:

Consulate General of the United Slates of America
Consular Section
2 Walter Carrington Crescent
Victoria Island's, Lagos, Nigeria

Dear Applicant,
Thank you for your interest in visiting the United States.
• Because the DS-160 confirmation barcode number used to schedule your appointment is not the same as the one you have presented today or because you have arrived later than 60 minutes from the time of your
scheduled appointment, we cannot interview you and you are therefore turned back
•Maybe you used an old barcode from a previous application, or the visa service has made an error
Therefore, your application information is not available to the Embassy and we cannot conduct an interview without this information
. You should fill out and submit a new DS-160 and print out a confirmation page with a barcode that matches
your online submission. Then, simply reschedule your visa appointment. Do not make a completely new
appointment which would require the payment of an additional application fee. Please review
instructions on how to reschedule your appointment online at www.ustraveldocs.com/ng
the
After three business days, you can use your existing fee receipt number to make a new appointment if you
have not exceeded the cancellation or scheduling limit.
Please review instructions for non-immigrant visa applications available on our website at
htp:/nigeria.usembassy.gov/visas.html, under the section labeled "Visa Appointment Instructions" for
further information.
Sincerely
Consular Section, U.S. Consulate General Lagos

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by frankcobrown: 9:38pm On Nov 27, 2018
Hello House, please i want to know if age can also be a determinate for STUDENT VISA. am currently 28 but am applying for BSc. av been denied once and wnt to apply again. jst wonna b sure b4 i do
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adhheir: 9:39pm On Nov 27, 2018
Bunmip:
The interview date is still in two weeks. Do i need to reschedule appointment date after updating the profile?

Please, How do we know if the barcode on the ds160 matches the barcode on the scheduling confirmation appointment form?

Presently, I cant see any barcode on her ds160 pdf form we downloaded. How can we go about this?

To be 100% sure about what to do, send a mail to support@usatraveldocs.com they have all your answers. Keep watching out for suggestions too from the experienced over here.
Kind regards

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.