Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (795500 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by doublezero7(m): 10:38am On Nov 29, 2018
AARasheed, Aduku1 and every other person going through this difficult phase, attach a scanned copy of the white paper you were issued and send your complaint to ConsularAbuja@state.gov.

Hopefully, they'd respond.

All the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Humble11: 10:59am On Nov 29, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by wasiudvd(m): 11:14am On Nov 29, 2018
I have just been refused Visa, despite that I have paid half of my tuition fee, after subtracting the scholarship grant.
His reason, I. Should not go for another undergraduate programme since I am already a graduate.
Another filed o.
Make I first go start the process of getting my money back.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 11:21am On Nov 29, 2018
The VO who interviewed you must be out of touch with the reality! People can have as many Bsc, BA, MA as much as their career plan require. But consider the advice and try get a master's admission.
wasiudvd:
I have just been refused Visa, despite that I have paid half of my tuition fee, after subtracting the scholarship grant.
His reason, I. Should not go for another undergraduate programme since I am already a graduate.
Another filed o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 11:24am On Nov 29, 2018
lextube:

No not really. Anyway this is what transpired between myself and the V.O, in order for others to learn from it.

V.O: (Gives me a pink paper) I am sorry, but at this moment I cannot approve your visa. This document will explain why you are denied.
You made several wrong calls. The talk about affordability put paid to your chances. You need to learn the ropes some more and then refire.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 11:26am On Nov 29, 2018
Gewezzy1:
Hi house, please does my current work place, be the same as the degree am going for?
It shows consistency and could work to your advantage.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by doublezero7(m): 11:33am On Nov 29, 2018
100kobo:

It shows consistency and could work to your advantage.

Bro, got your mail. Replied already. Kindly check please!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kaylhey20: 11:44am On Nov 29, 2018
Niceyenuf:
Hello beautiful people of Nairaland,
I just have a question regarding sending WAEC result to WES. On WES' website is a form that I needed to fill the top part and WAEC would fill out the second part of the form. However, WAEC has refused to fill and sign the 2nd half of the form ( they say it's not their form)
Anybody been through this? What to do
That form isn't actually compulsory. I completed my WES evaluation this May and I didn't use the form.

I think the form is just to facilitate the release of your credentials.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Amahjosh(m): 12:37pm On Nov 29, 2018
Thank you Boss. I appreciate but do can you suggest other ones from the list of universities i put up if i am to include Austin paey state university.
smoothblaise:

Add Austin paey state university Google their computer science master programs they have different specializations with your profile you wud get GA for fall 2019
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Wealth7(m): 12:42pm On Nov 29, 2018
doublezero7:

Sir, you need to sleep for a while. Take your mind off this till you wake up. Around past midnight, check the page again and I'm sure you'd be able to book new appointment.

As regards the DS 160, you only update it to your appointment confirmation page only if you fill a new DS 160. If not, don't bother yourself please.

Cheers.

How long did it take to get ur financial document confirmed and also to get ur passport ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by doublezero7(m): 1:11pm On Nov 29, 2018
Wealth7:

How long did it take to get ur financial document confirmed and also to get ur passport bro

My passport is still with the US embassy. And till now, i believe the bank hasn't been contacted.

What's your issue sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Wealth7(m): 1:15pm On Nov 29, 2018
doublezero7:

My passport is still with the US embassy. And till now, i believe the bank hasn't been contacted.

What's your issue sir.

Nothing really. Just wanna know how long it takes . Just reading about ur refusal again. I hope and pray on ur behalf it’s just a glitch from the embassy. All the best bro

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by doublezero7(m): 1:29pm On Nov 29, 2018
Wealth7:

Nothing really. Just wanna know how long it takes . Just reading about ur refusal again. I hope and pray on ur behalf it’s just a glitch from the embassy. All the best bro

Thank you very much sir. God bless you. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nempi(m): 1:47pm On Nov 29, 2018
I applied to just one university and got a response almost immediately. Northeastern university, Boston, Massachusetts.

Is there anything wrong with this?

I'm asking because almost everyone is applying to several universities
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:59pm On Nov 29, 2018
Nempi:
I applied to just one university and got a response almost immediately. Northeastern university, Boston, Massachusetts.

Is there anything wrong with this?

I'm asking because almost everyone is applying to several universities

What would have happened if that school had not given you admission or there are other schools who will offer admission and funding .

That why people apply to several. It good practise not to put all your eggs in one basket

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Spotlighte: 2:19pm On Nov 29, 2018
wasiudvd:
Another filed o.
Sorry about this Wasiu. Maybe you should drop your transcript so people here can try figuring out what went wrong. Don't be in a hurry to reapply until you get things right.

For others, I don't think it's safe you apply to schools that want you paying part or even all of the fees before getting your visa. Making tuition payment to the school does not guarantee your getting the visa. The best thing to do is get your visa first before proceeding with payment (and this should even be done when you arrive the school since you will be considering courses, credits and other criteria). There's always a process that allows you get your money back but is it long? Bet.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by omolorlarh: 2:28pm On Nov 29, 2018
PhD chemistry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Necksonnel: 2:43pm On Nov 29, 2018
Pls am new here, I want to apply for USA student visa. How do I start and how much does it cost. Can someone give me some idea, please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by smoothblaise(m): 2:48pm On Nov 29, 2018
Amahjosh:
Thank you Boss. I appreciate but do can you suggest other ones from the list of universities i put up if i am to include Austin paey state university.

Bro the best way to find out is to mail he graduate coordinator of those schools they reply almost immediately they are the best positions to tell you or do your research on nairaland to see if people have gotten funding from the schools you put.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 3:09pm On Nov 29, 2018
Start by looking for schools. Decide which program you would like to study, and how much you are willing to spend on the program. Gather supporting documents for the application, write standardize exams where necessary, get accepted, prepare for your interview. It is a step by step journey. wink
Necksonnel:
Pls am new here, I want to apply for USA student visa. How do I start and how much does it cost. Can someone give me some idea, please

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Necksonnel: 3:21pm On Nov 29, 2018
fairheart:
Start by looking for schools. Decide which program you would like to study, and how much you are willing to spend on the program. Gather supporting documents for the application, write standardize exams where necessary, get accepted, prepare for your interview. It is a step by step journey. wink

Ok .thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by doublezero7(m): 3:23pm On Nov 29, 2018
MyAmericandream:
After one has been denied visa. I saw this - Your passport is still with us at the embassy, wht does it mean?

Hello,

Do you still get this message?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MyAmericandream(f): 3:29pm On Nov 29, 2018
doublezero7:

Hello,

Do you still get this message?
Yes, just checked now, the message is still intact. But I still I have my passport though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AmaSophy: 3:37pm On Nov 29, 2018
Hello bro. Can you please avail me with your email address so o can send a mail to you. I can sense great help from you with respect to my study Visa process. Thank you and congrats!

doublezero7:
So i am compelled to give some recent tips I found valuable during the course of my visits to the US embassy. Hopefully, someone here or in future would find it useful.

1. Prepare like your life depends on it. A friend of mine got approved by the same white lady that denied me on the 21st. I was really happy for her because we all knew she didn't need to travel to the US to study. But the amount of work she devoted into getting her visa was amazing. She'd say, "what is worth my time at all is worth doing well!" And that's her motivation to prepare. She's also never been on this thread or even on NL. So things don't have to be so deep before you ask people who have gone through the phase for help.

2. Early preparation is key. I made up my mind to leave to study around January and started contacting schools, asking questions from the gurus here and outside here, and began drafting my transcript. I got all the responses i needed earlier around Augist/September amd got my admission decision earlier in October. I was always in Tolatof's face and he had tp say, "bro, go write the GRE first and start applying before we start geting serious." But me i was all in at this point. My point here is, don't wait till it is very late before you begin your preparations. Contact people who have genuine knowledge and not time wasters. I will come to this much later.

3. The God factor. So i will sound like a broken record here. Especially because of my educational background in Philosophy. But God does exist. And every of your supplication gets to Him. Even in the most irrelevant of circumstances, like eating or sleeping or driving, a sincere prayer to him goes a long. In my case, the first thing i did was find out from Him if he wanted me here or i should go study. He gave me the all clear to go. And it wasn't convenient cos i am supposed to be married this December but now we had to postpone till next year. God will not ask you to do something and not provide the means to make the decisions you'd take easier... no matter how privileged you are. Please i am a living witness, so this fact is not up for argument. Things got rough at a point but he showed up over and over again.

4. Let your documents and information match. This is as clear as anything. Most people get denied because of something so intangible and when you ask them why, they'd say, "I don't even know!". Truth is, we would always know. Except we aren't 100% honest. I knew why i was denied at first because the VO told me to go on the US embassy website and get the information I need. Took a while to set in but once i sorted my emotions, i had the strength to try again. Go in with the right documents. Go in with authentic documents. You'd be fine.

5. Try again...if you are completely honest about your intentions. So i avoided the world 'genuine' here because I didn't want to sound insensitive. But please be honest about why exactly you need to relocate temporarily for studies. Then don'tbe afraid to try again. Take every interview as an opportunity to talk about yourself to a new person. I did this and it worked and many more have done this. Check past transcripts that turned from blue paper to white, you'd see a pattern. Everyone who got approved wanted it more than they did the first time...and they get it.

6. Contact genuine people. I will try to list names of the people I was in regular contact with and those i just asked quick questions. But before then, I should add this, i totally respect Lagosismyhome, even as i didnt have a need to ask her anything. But the way she answers most questions speaks volume of her personality.

Walspring also earned my respect. He helped with my SEVIS fee payment and i totally would recommend him to everyone who needs help with anything related to this.

Tolatof (for president 2019...lol) is an amazing person. He started this journey with me almost at the time he got his study visa approved. And even though he's been so scarce nowadays, he was really awesome for me at the start.

100kobo. He had the most influence in all of the interview process. From helping me breakdown my points to 3-4 dope sentences to asking me to take out some points completely. And a lot more. I contacted him because of i needed someone who wouldn't support whatever bullshit i had going on. And oga grilled me o. Revised transcripts upon transcripts. To God be the glory, it all worked out. Months of preparation paid off.

Ubah ( can't remember his full moniker) He was tremendous in giving insights and what he thought was the right thing to do. Thank you sir.

There are a whole lot more that helped. And even as i can't go on with the names, the most important thing is you know that i value and appreciate you all. Thank you.

7. Pray like you haven't prepared for a single day. Well, this point is relative because atheist get good things going on for them sometimes. But if you want great things going on for you every time (especially during this phase), pray like never before. Ask your mom and siblings to pray on your behalf. Believe me it works. Everyone that knew I flew into Abuja to interview yesterday prayed at the 12am and 9am mark. Mesef didn't pray as much as that. Little things matter. And please don't ever underplay the impact of prayer.

That should be all. I would disappear for a while here. But as 100kobo told me yesterday, he helped me because he hopes i help other people. So i am determined to make sacrifices. If you have issues you think i can help with, don't hesitate to send me a pm. God will help us figure everything out.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by doublezero7(m): 3:43pm On Nov 29, 2018
MyAmericandream:
Yes, just checked now, the message is still intact. But I still I have my passport though.

Okay ma'am. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by doublezero7(m): 3:44pm On Nov 29, 2018
AmaSophy:
Hello bro. Can you please avail me with your email address so o can send a mail to you. I can sense great help from you with respect to my study Visa process. Thank you and congrats!

I responded to your mail already.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by npmi(f): 5:12pm On Nov 29, 2018
Deboadekoya93:
Good day,

I have been a follower of this thread since 2016 when I had the American dream for graduate studies unfortunately I was denied F1 visa about 4 times both in Abuja and Lagos. No doubt America is a blessed country, almost every Nigerians dream country, one BIG MISTAKE I made which I don’t want other people seeking quality education and a better life outside Africa should make is LIMITING YOURSELF TO USA alone. In much as you are applying to USA you should explore other opportunities, there are several academic destinations with opportunities but then we Nigerians don’t research them rather we close our eye against them, Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa on a daily basis hundreds of F1 visa seekers troop to the US embassy for visas unfortunately they can’t approve everyone, even genuine students at the end of the day get denied, it’s now turned to a game of luck. USA keeps exploiting us right from the application process, Sevis fee, application fee, transcripts evaluation fee, writing standardized test like GRE and Toefel etc even when they know Nigeria is an English speaking country because they know how desperate we are they put us through this rigorous process. For those interested in exploring other opportunities such as studying in BULGARIA in eastern Europe don’t hesitate to contact me on 08136866087 same on Whatsapp too.

Best wishes to everyone.

Which yeye Bulgaria where you can't even get part time job as a student, no work permit nothing nothing, please western Europe like Germany and co..... is the best . Eastern Europe is nonsense.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by monimaks: 5:13pm On Nov 29, 2018
monimaks:
I put up application for admission against spring 2019 to study masters in public health . Still waiting for my admission letter. Do I still stand any chance of getting visa interview this year? What are my chances as a medical doctor? Do I need to take any precaution? Thank you in anticipation of your response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by monimaks: 5:14pm On Nov 29, 2018
Still expecting response on this my great people.

[quote author=monimaks post=73412676][/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nempi(m): 6:21pm On Nov 29, 2018
LagosismyHome:

What would have happened if that school had not given you admission or there are other schools who will offer admission and funding .

That why people apply to several. It good practise not to put all your eggs in one basket
I understand. Just want to know if it's an issue during the interview.

The course on my i20 is different from what I have on my offer letter
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nempi(m): 6:34pm On Nov 29, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Thanks for your kind response. Will it affect my chances during the interview?

I also realized that the course on my i20 is different from what I've in my offer letter. Is this an issue?

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.