Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (795436 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 10:23pm On Nov 28, 2018
For Lagos: First Available Appointment Is Monday January 7, 2019.
For Abuja: First Available Appointment Is Monday January 7, 2019.

lextube:
Good day,

I was just denied visa today, and I want to refire ASAP because my masters program is starting on the 28th of January next year. I want to know if anybody can inform me whether there are still bookings left for the month of December so that I can go and pay another visa tomorrow to reapply immediately.

Thank you very much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Humble11: 10:36pm On Nov 28, 2018
lextube:
Good day,

I was just denied visa today, and I want to refire ASAP because my masters program is starting on the 28th of January next year. I want to know if anybody can inform me whether there are still bookings left for the month of December so that I can go and pay another visa tomorrow to reapply immediately.

Thank you very much.

If nothing tangible has changed, please don’t refire so fast. Give it small time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adhheir: 10:41pm On Nov 28, 2018
LagosismyHome:

What is there to doubt . Do you think people are so jobless to post false thing

This is something that has happened frequently this season ..... status changing to refused after AP .I can count more than 7 that have pm me.

As for the real reason. Only the embassy know exactly how the verification is done. It possible that there is a flaw in the way the verification is done that is affecting geninue bank statement or documents . I can't say for sure. But what I seen there have been a lot of status that started as approved and changed to refused and remained at refused this session .
I don't understand why you quoted me ma'am, I said I don't believe it was because of what they posted here on nairaland that they were refused visa. Please peruse a post well before you comment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jpoppins(f): 10:56pm On Nov 28, 2018
Jpoppins:
I still have one more question to ask please , I was denied in August after being placed on administrative processing , the vo collected my dad s statement and my passport , hours after my interview I went to check my status and I saw refused. I discovered later that I placed my dad s personal bank statement of about 8m instead of His business statement with more than double the amount that I wanted to use , so I’m assuming the vo saw that and refused me immediately, could it be for that reason or is there another reason that could have caused it ? Because my interview went well and I answered all the questions properly . My next interview is next week and I’m really bothered . Please I need you guys opinions , so I can adjust anything I’m supposed to adjust I don’t want to be denied a second time cry
please I’m still waiting for response o helpppp
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by PRYCE(m): 11:07pm On Nov 28, 2018
Jpoppins:
I still have one more question to ask please , I was denied in August after being placed on administrative processing , the vo collected my dad s statement and my passport , hours after my interview I went to check my status and I saw refused. I discovered later that I placed my dad s personal bank statement of about 8m instead of His business statement with more than double the amount that I wanted to use , so I’m assuming the vo saw that and refused me immediately, could it be for that reason or is there another reason that could have caused it ? Because my interview went well and I answered all the questions properly . My next interview is next week and I’m really bothered . Please I need you guys opinions , so I can adjust anything I’m supposed to adjust I don’t want to be denied a second time cry
Is it that you went for the interview with two statements?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 11:12pm On Nov 28, 2018
Nobody can say for sure what the embassy saw and use as a basis for the later refusal. It could be inadequate fund as you suggested. More so, you should have given the VO both statements instead of just Dad's personal account. Well, previous refusal does not mean a permanent refusal. You can still reapply, and you can still get it. Sometimes, the superiors within are the one making this decision. You can reapply. You should not worry about what could have caused the former refusal after being placed on AP. My advice for you is that, focus on the next interview.

Trust me, if there is anything serious that caused the previous refusal, the VO interviewing you next week will likely reference it. So, focus on delivering well on the next interview as you did first. Let us hope for another chance. Good luck. Put the worry away for now.

Jpoppins:
please I’m still waiting for response o helpppp

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by PucciGuru(m): 11:13pm On Nov 28, 2018
Chorismate:

Good evening.
I didn't apply to your school but we have similar ish; my decision will be out 28th of this month

Have you received yours now?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by PRYCE(m): 11:17pm On Nov 28, 2018
Jpoppins:

If your dad's personal account had enough and a bit more that could cover your first year, I don't think that would have posed a problem except if there is inconsistency in cash in flow or that a lump sum was deposited not too long before he applied for the Statement of account.

I think his business account would have been preferable cos as you said, it had double the amount and in flow of cash here would probably be more consistent over a period - depending on what he does.

A strong and consistent financial position of sponsors gives the V.O more confidence that your education won't be abandoned halfway
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jpoppins(f): 11:26pm On Nov 28, 2018
Thank you very much smiley, I want to submit my de 160 please what should I write under the explanation for reason for refusal ?

Can I use my former passport? The one I used for the first ds 160 ?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by PRYCE(m): 11:46pm On Nov 28, 2018
Jpoppins:
Thank you very much smiley, I want to submit my de 160 please what should I write under the explanation for reason for refusal ?

Can I use my former passport? The one I used for the first ds 160 ?
Did they give you any?

You cannot just think of a possible reason and give them now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jpoppins(f): 11:47pm On Nov 28, 2018
I was given The normal blue paper when I went to pick my passport
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by paulemi(m): 12:47am On Nov 29, 2018
doublezero7:

Brother, thank you sir. I thought you were going to Sacramento. What's up?
Yes boss, I still am. They took a while, but got the admit last week. I have received my i-20... paid for sevis too.

Currently preparing for interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CapitoneMax(m): 1:12am On Nov 29, 2018
With regards to the Waec scratch card, someone once commented I think on either page 162 or 163 about using hellofax to do this. Information on how to use it was also provided, so I'd advice you check previous pages. However, if you can buy the scratch card and send it via courier to WES without scratching it, that'd be much better. I once read that scratch cards should not be scratched. Put your wes reference number on the scratch card before sending.
I hope this information helps
[quote author=AmaSophy post=73390260][/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 1:22am On Nov 29, 2018
Hello beautiful people of Nairaland,
I just have a question regarding sending WAEC result to WES. On WES' website is a form that I needed to fill the top part and WAEC would fill out the second part of the form. However, WAEC has refused to fill and sign the 2nd half of the form ( they say it's not their form)
Anybody been through this? What to do
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by paulemi(m): 1:37am On Nov 29, 2018
doublezero7:
Okay. So I just checked my status and it says refused.

My mom's account officer is sure the embassy did not contact the bank.

Can someone kindly explain what in God's name is happening, please!

No! This is so wrong. Hopefully, it's just a glitch in the Abuja embassy's systems. Wait until you get your passport.

Stay positive bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by doublezero7(m): 2:37am On Nov 29, 2018
paulemi:

Yes boss, I still am. They took a while, but got the admit last week. I have received my i-20... paid for sevis too.

Currently preparing for interview.

I wish you all the best brother. Success is yours.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by doublezero7(m): 2:38am On Nov 29, 2018
paulemi:

No! This is so wrong. Hopefully, it's just a glitch in the Abuja embassy's systems. Wait until you get your passport.

Stay positive bro!

God's will shall be done! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by doublezero7(m): 3:04am On Nov 29, 2018
AARasheed:
Please i need help.

Hello, i sent you a mail. Kindly respond please.

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AARasheed: 5:41am On Nov 29, 2018
doublezero7:

Hello, i sent you a mail. Kindly respond please.

Thank you.

Sorry i cant access my mail but reach me on visastatus01@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AARasheed: 5:43am On Nov 29, 2018
Hello house, i posted about my experience yesterdsy and my status still says refused. i have made a post detailing my experience oo. Biko help comment so it would be moved to FP. Dont't let us continue with this injustice,

https://www.nairaland.com/4873436/open-letter-usa-embassy-abuja
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 6:54am On Nov 29, 2018
Did you say you went for interview n 2017? huh
AARasheed:
Hello house, i posted about my experience yesterdsy and my status still says refused. i have made a post detailing my experience oo. Biko help comment so it would be moved to FP. Dont't let us continue with this injustice,

https://www.nairaland.com/4873436/open-letter-usa-embassy-abuja

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CuteRedd(f): 6:56am On Nov 29, 2018
Niceyenuf:
Hello beautiful people of Nairaland,
I just have a question regarding sending WAEC result to WES. On WES' website is a form that I needed to fill the top part and WAEC would fill out the second part of the form. However, WAEC has refused to fill and sign the 2nd half of the form ( they say it's not their form)
Anybody been through this? What to do
you don't need that form for WAEC. Has WAEC sent your result to WES? IF Not don't bother just send waec scratch card to WES yourself. Check the WES thread we are doing bulk sending.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AARasheed: 7:01am On Nov 29, 2018
fairheart:
Did you say you went for interview n 2017? huh

it is 2018.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 7:05am On Nov 29, 2018
Check the open letter you put up. You stated 2017 there.
AARasheed:

it is 2018.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by clapper04: 7:12am On Nov 29, 2018
Please i enjoin those experiencing this Visa refusal error from the embassy to relax and put their trust in God. It shall end in praise, in sha Allah.

It happened to a lady here last week or so and she wasn't even given a white paper, they just told her she would get a feedback in three days. she was initially refused and after a week, her status changed to issued.

Be calm please.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lextube: 8:02am On Nov 29, 2018
fairheart:
For Lagos: First Available Appointment Is Monday January 7, 2019.
For Abuja: First Available Appointment Is Monday January 7, 2019.

Thank you very much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by PRYCE(m): 8:36am On Nov 29, 2018
An uncle of mine just got his visa approved today at the Abuja Embassy. Him na clergy sha!

He told me that from the time he went in to when he left, only elderly people like him got approved.

And yes, he too is going to school. He's in his late 40s

I hope everyone here comes out with a different story today. Amen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lextube: 8:52am On Nov 29, 2018
Humble11:

If nothing tangible has changed, please don’t refire so fast. Give it small time

No not really. Anyway this is what transpired between myself and the V.O, in order for others to learn from it.

V.O: Good morning, pass me your documents.
Me: (I passed my I-20 and passport).

V.O: Why did you choose Touro College?
Me: Well I chose Touro College because it has a low student to teacher ratio which makes learning a personalized experience.

V.O: I am not fully convinced that this was the reason why you chose Touro College, so tell me, why Touro College ? Why not any other University?
Me: Like I said earlier on ma, Touro College have small classes which makes learning a personalized experience. Such classes promotes a healthy relationship between students and professors which will make students excel in their studies. Aside from that, the school is quite affordable for both myself and my sponsor.

V.O: How is $37,000 affordable for your sponsor? Don't you think it's on the high side?
Me: Yes the total cost of the tuition for 1yr $37,000, but as you can see on my I-20, the tuition itself is within the range of $13,000 which is quite affordable. The $23,000 is for accommodation, transportation, and my basic upkeep, which in my own mind is an estimate of what it will cost for 1yr. Once I get to New York City, I can always search for accommodation which will fit my own budget.

V.O: Did you write GRE?
Me: Yes I wrote GRE

V.O: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: I applied to 4 Universities.

V.O: How do you plan to pay your fees?
Me: My Uncle is my sponsor.

V.O: (Gives me a pink paper) I am sorry, but at this moment I cannot approve your visa. This document will explain why you are denied.
Me: Ok, thank you ma.

My lesson: Personally, I feel I shouldn't have mentioned about the affordability of the school. Whilst I was preparing for my interview, I had in mind to talk about the accreditation of the University, and what the University is known for. Unfortunately, I mentioned the affordability first before wanting to chip in these other points. That's why I want to refire immediately.

I shouldn't have talked about the affordability of the school, this is what I have learnt so far. Your recommendations, and suggestions will be appreciated.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Amahjosh(m): 9:21am On Nov 29, 2018
Hello good day gurus in the house. I am writing my first GRE this Sunday barely 2 days away. I need help in selection of schools so i can send my score to them after my exam. I studied Computer Engineering majored in Computer Networks already certified in CCNA cisco certified networks Associate. My Ggpa is abit low 3.24/5, I made a list of universities for my Masters program offering this program during my research. But want to select 4 Universities using criteria like HIGH FUNDING opportunity(TA,Campus Jobs etc), high/moderately ranked school, Schools offering Computer Networks program and Moderate tuition fee and high acceptance rate. Please i really want your input in the selection and even suggestion of universities that fit my profile.

List of Research Universities

Wichita State University
University of Southern California
New York Institute of Technology
University of Missouri-Kansas
University of North Carolina
Iowa State University
Georgia Institute of Technology
Brown University
University of Maryland- College Park
Cornell University
Columbia University NY
Stony Brook University SUNY
University of California- Berkeley
University of California Santa Cruz
Northeastern University
Texas Tech University
University of Arizona,Tucson

The List is abit long please i really need help to get Four schools out of this list before my test day.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by smoothblaise(m): 10:04am On Nov 29, 2018
Amahjosh:
Hello good day gurus in the house. I am writing my first GRE this Sunday barely 2 days away. I need help in selection of schools so i can send my score to them after my exam. I studied Computer Engineering majored in Computer Networks already certified in CCNA cisco certified networks Associate. My Ggpa is abit low 3.24/5, I made a list of universities for my Masters program offering this program during my research. But want to select 4 Universities using criteria like HIGH FUNDING opportunity(TA,Campus Jobs etc), high/moderately ranked school, Schools offering Computer Networks program and Moderate tuition fee and high acceptance rate. Please i really want your input in the selection and even suggestion of universities that fit my profile.

List of Research Universities

Wichita State University
University of Southern California
New York Institute of Technology
University of Missouri-Kansas
University of North Carolina
Iowa State University
Georgia Institute of Technology
Brown University
University of Maryland- College Park
Cornell University
Columbia University NY
Stony Brook University SUNY
University of California- Berkeley
University of California Santa Cruz
Northeastern University
Texas Tech University
University of Arizona,Tucson

The List is abit long please i really need help to get Four schools out of this list before my test day.

Add Austin paey state university Google their computer science master programs they have different specializations with your profile you wud get GA for fall 2019

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gewezzy1(f): 10:30am On Nov 29, 2018
Hi house, please does my current work place, be the same as the degree am going for?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gent009: 10:35am On Nov 29, 2018
Pls guys what's the site used to check visa status on AP

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.