Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (795497 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 8:08pm On Nov 28, 2018
It appears Abuja embassy is becoming a scare and a no-go area for visa interviews. This is so unprofessional of them- doling out White Papers and going behind the scene to act the opposite.

Let's watch and see how all these will pan out in the end. 3 "refusals" in quick succession. Hopefully, it turns out to be a glitch as witnessed by a member here few days ago.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by aduku1(m): 8:09pm On Nov 28, 2018
Nutshell44:

I think this is a system error from them. One lady here had the same issue. But she was granted after a week or so.
Be calm.in as much your Soa is genuine! Or is it not genuine?

Its my mom bank statement and it very genuine This is really bad ooo...while raise one hope den deny after
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 8:12pm On Nov 28, 2018
doublezero7:

Honestly, i am sureprised! There should be a reason why someone who was previously approved pending an account verification would be refused. I heard it is a normal thing with the US embassy. Hopefully, the status would change and all this would be an error.

Exactly. It's sick to say the least.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 8:14pm On Nov 28, 2018
doublezero7:
Okay. So I just checked my status and it says refused.

My mom's account officer is sure the embassy did not contact the bank.

Can someone kindly explain what in God's name is happening, please!
Am certain it's a system error.. Don't worry bro, just pray. They can't be so unprofessional to be doing that really. Aye o ni fe se won fa

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nutshell44: 8:15pm On Nov 28, 2018
aduku1:

Its my mom bank statement and it very genuine This is really bad ooo...while raise one hope den deny after

Then wait for your passport first. It has happened to lady recently and she got the visa at the end. Just calm down first
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 8:32pm On Nov 28, 2018
The embassy--when they actually want to verify a bank statement--doesn't contact the branch the statement is issued; they contact the bank headquarters. I am talking from insider's knowledge of how they do this. For your visa to show refused, it must have been system error. When you go pick your passport tomorrow, there will be visa on it. Don't stress your peace!
doublezero7:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 8:41pm On Nov 28, 2018
In other word, this thread could be under monitoring. My intuition has been pressing on this for about 3 days now. But I am not saying this is the reason for back-door refusal as we can call what some students are experiencing right now. I strongly believe it is system error. Imagine a lady who was refused recently and on her profile there is "your passport is still with us"...passport they never really took from her in the first place. Maybe they need to change their client, that is, the GCI. It is messing up! And it is annoying!

100kobo:
It appears Abuja embassy is becoming a scare and a no-go area for visa interviews. This is so unprofessional of them- doling out White Papers and going behind the scene to act the opposite.

Let's watch and see how all these will pan out in the end. 3 "refusals" in quick succession. Hopefully, it turns out to be a glitch as witnessed by a member here few days ago.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Humble11: 8:44pm On Nov 28, 2018
fairheart:
The embassy--when they actually want to verify a bank statement--doesn't contact the branch the statement is issued; they contact the bank headquarters. I am talking from insider's knowledge of how they do this. For your visa to show refused, it must have been system error. When you go pick your passport tomorrow, there will be visa on it. Don't stress your peace!

He should just hope. For some, this has happened to them and there was no visa issued later. The other lady was very very lucky to have visa on hers. This has been a normal thing for Abuja Embassy and I don’t know it’s like that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by doublezero7(m): 8:45pm On Nov 28, 2018
100kobo:

I don't know what to make of this development bro. Let me just sit and watch. Whatever they decide would be God's plan for me.

I hope it is a system error as people have said. smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by doublezero7(m): 8:46pm On Nov 28, 2018
homirefacuny:

Am certain it's a system error.. Don't worry bro, just pray. They can't be so unprofessional to be doing that really. Aye o ni fe se won fa

Lol! Whatever thing they decide to do is God's will. I am as calm as ever cos I know i did everything the right way.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 8:47pm On Nov 28, 2018
pragya2017:
How long should i wait to apply for Visa. i applying for Fall 2019. Eg if i get admission around January/Febuary. How many months to resumption should i apply for Visa.

Thanks

120 days to your program start date.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by doublezero7(m): 8:48pm On Nov 28, 2018
fairheart:

Hopefully it is a system error bro. The issue is just embarrassing to even talk about.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 8:50pm On Nov 28, 2018
Yes, embarrassing. I am even angry!
doublezero7:

Hopefully it is a system error bro. The issue is just embarrassing to even talk about.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by doublezero7(m): 8:50pm On Nov 28, 2018
fairheart:
In other word, this thread could be under monitoring. My intuition has been pressing on this for about 3 days now. But I am not saying this is the reason for back-door refusal as we can call what some students are experiencing right now. I strongly believe it is system error. Imagine a lady who was refused recently and on her profile there is "your passport is still with us"...passport they never really took from her in the first place. Maybe they need to change their client, that is, the GCI. It is messing up! And it is annoying!

I think it is interesting how things are at the embassy. After the grilling, it is impossible to now decide after some hours that the person isn't eligible without contacting the bank.

All things being equal, we will keenly be watching.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 8:50pm On Nov 28, 2018
doublezero7:

Jeez!! Sorry about this bro. This error keeps repeating itself with Abuja Embassy. I guess all those experiencing this issue went to abuja embassy. Please put a call across to them. It's really frustrating

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 8:54pm On Nov 28, 2018
Yes watching like bald eagle. cool cool cool cool
doublezero7:

I think it is interesting how things are at the embassy. After the grilling, it is impossible to now decide after some hours that the person isn't eligible without contacting the bank.

All things being equal, we will keenly be watching.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 8:54pm On Nov 28, 2018
Gent009:
Pls guys very important what are the documents needed for clearance (CHECKPOINT) at the US embassy. Very urgent pls is birth certificate needed? Thanks

Your passport and I20.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by doublezero7(m): 8:54pm On Nov 28, 2018
Ubah1:

Jeez!! Sorry about this bro. This error keeps repeating itself with Abuja Embassy. I guess all those experiencing this issue went to abuja embassy. Please put a call across to them. It's really frustrating

I think its an Abuja embassy thing. I would have appreciated if they called us to re-interview than this nonsense they're doing. It is highly unprofessional.

Hopefully, the issue would be corrected. Also, I'd try to call the embassy tomorrow morning.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 8:56pm On Nov 28, 2018
Bbyyo:
Good morning fam......having prepared my documents already and about to apply for studies in USA a friend told me about this thread read a lot but am scared starting up with it.

I intend applying for a Post baccalaureate program in Oregon being that I graduated with a 3rd class degree in a basic medical field having written Gre twice my scores has been low I don't have money to further with the exams.

Please I have all documents required to apply for a post baccularate all am saying is what are my chances getting visa with that program..

No vex, is a post baccalaureate same as a PGD or some sort? I am asking because I used to think it was almost like an A levels. I am not sure what it is and a clue could help answer appropriately.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 9:00pm On Nov 28, 2018
felixboye1:
Please guys in the house. Help me peruse my intending transcript. Please let me know what to remove and what to add. Inputs from @lagosismyhome, @100kobo, @faintheart, @GboyegaD and other gurus in the house will be very appreciated.

Vo : Good morning
me: Good morning

vo: pass me your i20 and passport
me : here they are

vo : what, where and why are you going to study in the US?
me: I am going to the US to study MA Criminal Justice at Wichita State University. It is a known fact that Criminal Justice System is vast and very effective from the law enforcement to corrections in the United States. Since my area of concentration is in correction, there is no any other better place to study and research different forms of punishments of the offenders than in the US.

vo : how many Universities did you apply to and name them. How many of them offered you admission:
me : 3. They are Wichita State University, University of South Florida and University of Denver, Colorado. All of them offered me admission.

Vo: Why settling for WSU:
Me: Three major reasons I choose WSU are: First, They have Applied Learning embedded in every program. For example, in the Criminal Justice Dept, they have Professional and Scholarly Training Program (PSTP) whereby there is innovation lab where the law enforcement agents in the Wichita area and the Criminal Justice students come to have first hand training program. Certificates are awarded sometimes. This will help me towards my professional career in Correction service.
Second, am convinced I will have a solid research foundation towards my future ambition as a doctoral student. For example, students are required to enroll in Proseminar courses on the areas of their research interest and they must be presented in public forum to earn credit.
Lastly, I am offered a 38% tuition scholarship which is automatically renewable for the second year. This will help offset part of my education cost.
The other minor reasons are that the climatic condition in Wichita is very good. It's sunny most year than even Florida and the cost of living is among the cheapest in the nation.

vo: Why were you awarded scholarship?
me: I think my transcripts and other factors were considered.

vo : how did you hear about the school
me : I was opportuned to listen to a talk from Dr Yumi Suzuki while giving conference talk sometimes ago here in Nigeria. I approached him and discuss about my need of graduate studies with integrated professional training and he told me I will surely get that from WSU.

vo : You already have a Masters degree. Why going for another Masters:
me : I got my MSc degree from NOUN. I realized after completing the program it was not research grounded. For example, no seminar course was offered. The thesis were only written and submitted. No opportunity to defend the thesis. The Universities I applied to for PhD admissions were not satisfied. A graduate coordinator even advised I re-enroll for another Masters degree. Since my objective is to earn PhD in the future upon return to Nigeria, it will be wise of me to reassess and try to re-enroll to have a solid research foundation.

vo : what will this course do for you
me : I am an Aftercare Officer in the Nigerian Prisons Service. I observe that the best way to decongest our prison system is to embrace other non-incarceration system. For example parole and community services. Inmates with shorter jail terms like 3 months can be allowed outside the four perimeter wall to do community services to complete their terms. Since i will be gaining more knowledge on this from the MA Criminal Justice, I will be able to advise the executive management on all these knowledge gained which will help our prison decongestion.
Secondly, it will help in my career progression
Thirdly, I intend establishing an NGO which sees to prison decongestion upon my retirement from national service. The knowledge gained couple with the knowledge I will gain when I enroll for a PhD upon my return to Nigeria will help a long way in fulfilling my ambition.

vo : did you write any standardize test?
me : Yes. GRE (298) and TOEFL (86).

vo : who is your sponsor
me: my Uncles. The first one is into an agricultural farming and the other is a building materials supplier. I will be taking a loan of #3.7m from my organization microfinance back for any other personal expenses that may arise.

vo : what are your plans after study
me : my plan is to return back and continue my work as a correction officer. Two years Study leave with pay has been sanction for me.

Vo: Are u married?
Me: Yes

Vo: How many kids
Me: One

Vo: Why leaving them behind?
Me: My wife works with a govt parastatal so she will not be able to follow me. But she will be visiting with the kid during her annual leave later in the year.

vo: your visa has been aoproved..pick your passport in 3days working time.
me : thank you.

I would suggest your refrain from enumerating your reasons by just listing them without numbers. Also, sell yourself strong as the school offering a strong preparatory program for your PhD admission going by the success rate of their Masters graduate in securing PhD admissions in top schools. Lastly, rather than state 38% scholarship, can you say how much it is? I do not think the VO has the luxury of time to do the calculations.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AmaSophy: 9:11pm On Nov 28, 2018
[quote author=Pinkandblue26 post=73183318]Hello house
Pls I am applying for 2019
WES required my WAEC and I had to send it through a courier service from WAEC office at YABA

Now I just got a notification from WES that they recieved my WAEC result and it's acceptef
But my status is still showing on hold as they are stil requesting for scratch card

Can I just call WES and call out the scratch card nom to them or I have to send the scratch card through a courier service again

Pls I need clarity pls
I need guidance
I have a deadline for 30th of November
The Graduate School is still awaiting my WES document[/qulote]

Please I would be needing your help for this as I need this desperately but I am in PH and my work wouldn't let me go to Lagos for just WAEC transcript. I need help. Please contact me with your number on amakasophia68@yahoo.com. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gewezzy1(f): 9:23pm On Nov 28, 2018
Maybe we should be careful about what we post here. Just saying
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 9:28pm On Nov 28, 2018
You should send the scratch card by email along with your WES account details. [quote author=AmaSophy post=73390260][/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by felixboye1(m): 9:34pm On Nov 28, 2018
GboyegaD:

I would suggest your refrain from enumerating your reasons by just listing them without numbers. Also, sell yourself strong as the school offering a strong preparatory program for your PhD admission going by the success rate of their Masters graduate in securing PhD admissions in top schools. Lastly, rather than state 38% scholarship, can you say how much it is? I do not think the VO has the luxury of time to do the calculations.
Noted bro. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by deedorte: 9:49pm On Nov 28, 2018
GboyegaD:

No vex, is a post baccalaureate same as a PGD or some sort? I am asking because I used to think it was almost like an A levels. I am not sure what it is and a clue could help answer appropriately.

Baccal..... means BSc
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adhheir: 9:50pm On Nov 28, 2018
I don't believe applicants' nairaland posts was why their approved visa status was changed to refused, the first two guys claimed they've never been to nairaland, yet they were both approved and refused. It's probably a glitch in their system or some other explanations and even if you read the posts of those (doublezero7) that got approved from nairaland there wasn't anything illegal about their transcripts, you all were impressed with his transcript seeing how much work he put to it; this visa thread is like attending educationUSA from the comforts of your phone. I believe there's more to these sudden refusals let's wait and see...hoping for the best with our fingers crossed.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adhheir: 9:56pm On Nov 28, 2018
dbalinga:

She gave me the white slip. Pick up your passport in 3 work days. Waow.....that was my 1st time at the US embassy.

I'd like to hear from him
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by PRYCE(m): 10:00pm On Nov 28, 2018
Jpoppins:
I still have one more question to ask please , I was denied in August after being placed on administrative processing , the vo collected my dad s statement and my passport , hours after my interview I went to check my status and I saw refused. I discovered later that I placed my dad s personal bank statement of about 8m instead of His business statement with more than double the amount that I wanted to use , so I’m assuming the vo saw that and refused me immediately, could it be for that reason or is there another reason that could have caused it ? Because my interview went well and I answered all the questions properly . My next interview is next week and I’m really bothered . Please I need you guys opinions , so I can adjust anything I’m supposed to adjust I don’t want to be denied a second time cry

Can someone respond to the sweet lady here!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lextube: 10:03pm On Nov 28, 2018
Good day,

I was just denied visa today, and I want to refire ASAP because my masters program is starting on the 28th of January next year. I want to know if anybody can inform me whether there are still bookings left for the month of December so that I can go and pay another visa tomorrow to reapply immediately.

Thank you very much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:09pm On Nov 28, 2018
Adhheir:
I don't believe Nairaland posts was why an approved visa status was changed to refused, the first two guys claimed they've never been to nairaland, yet they were both approved and refused. It's probably a glitch in their system or some other explanations and even if you read the posts of those (doublezero7) that got approved from nairaland there wasn't anything illegal about their transcripts, you all were impressed with his transcript seeing how much work he put to it; this visa thread is like attending educationUSA from the comforts of your phone. I believe there's more to these sudden refusals let's wait and see...hoping for the best with our fingers crossed.

What is there to doubt . Do you think people are so jobless to post false thing

This is something that has happened frequently this season ..... status changing to refused after AP .I can count more than 7 that have pm me.

As for the real reason. Only the embassy know exactly how the verification is done. It possible that there is a flaw in the way the verification is done that is affecting geninue bank statement or documents . I can't say for sure. But what I seen there have been a lot of status that started as approved and changed to refused and remained at refused this session .

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 10:14pm On Nov 28, 2018
For Lagos: First Available Appointment Is Monday January 7, 2019.
For Abuja: First Available Appointment Is Monday January 7, 2019.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olumuyiwalasode(m): 10:15pm On Nov 28, 2018
hi guys, I wana ask a question please. Though I've gotten different views, however, I would like to know if it is advisable to indicate if one has a relative in the US or just say NO. .ur views are needed please. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.