Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (797833 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jiggsbaby: 10:03am On Aug 20, 2018
sunshineluv5:
Thank you so much @ Daniel,Time2smile, imnaknus,spolights,amasophy,olayinka15 and capitonemax.
please respond pleaae I sent u a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by freshStarz: 10:06am On Aug 20, 2018
Hello
Please what's the cheapest GRE registration fee?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Amydove(f): 10:17am On Aug 20, 2018
Hello dear. I sent you a pm. Please check

This is my testimony!!

Mark this name; Amasophy because by His Grace, I would post my transcript on how my Visa was APPROVED!!

I thank God in advance for My approved visa. Congrats dear one. Beat wishes in your future endeavours.[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Amydove(f): 10:21am On Aug 20, 2018
Please check. I sent you a pm
AmaSophy:
This is my testimony!!

Mark this name; Amasophy because by His Grace, I would post my transcript on how my Visa was APPROVED!!

I thank God in advance for My approved visa. Congrats dear one. Beat wishes in your future endeavours.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by daxier: 10:28am On Aug 20, 2018
GahiaO:
congrats. Trust me I know how it feels to be on AP. I myself have been on AP since the 11th of August. My interview was at the Abuja consulate. It’s hasn’t been easy since. The tension no here. To make things worse, The abuja embassy is closed at the moment. Anyways, I would like to know the number you called?

Brother, my case is very similar to yours. Had my interview same day in abuja. The VO told me to pick up my passport after 3 business days. Tried the online tracker, only to discover I've been placed on AP. I was at the DHL office on friday, heard no passport was delivered all through the week. In anticipation, I had earlier booked a flight for Saturday evening. My school resumes today, 20th August.
I called the number up there, the lady that picked referred me to send a mail to abujaconsular@state.gov, got the usual response I got all through last week, "sorry, we are unable to attend to visa bla bla bla..."
I'm missing orientation already, I only pray I get this all sorted before classes start next week
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sooredaniel(m): 10:29am On Aug 20, 2018
If you're requesting wes to send evaluated transcript to just one sch, then it's roughly 93k using your master card. You can't send transcript yourself, rather go to your former sch and request that they send to wes USA. NB: You have to make payment to wes first in order to regenerate a reference nos before going to your former sch. Good luck
freshStarz:
How much in naira is Wes?
And are you the one to send ur transcript to Wes or does it have to be official in soft or hard copy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by freshStarz: 10:41am On Aug 20, 2018
Hmm, thanks
God bless

Sooredaniel:
If you're requesting wes to send evaluated transcript to just one sch, then it's roughly 93k using your master card. You can't send transcript yourself, rather go to your former sch and request that they send to wes USA. NB: You have to make payment to wes first in order to regenerate a reference nos before going to your former sch. Good luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Amydove(f): 11:11am On Aug 20, 2018
jelmusboy:
Is it normal for I-20 to be collected when placed on AP?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Barinem123: 11:13am On Aug 20, 2018
Please Does anyone have an update on the recent closure of the US embassy in abuja? Particularly with regards to students who were applying to renew their students visa and what they need to do?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nieall: 11:19am On Aug 20, 2018
Hello I need anyone to advice me. I was supposed to have a visa interview on the 15th of August at the Abuja consulate and my school classes begin on the 22nd of August and I haven’t had an interview because of the consulate closure. Will it be okay to have an interview for the visa past the program start date with a late arrival letter from my school or should I just defer to spring? Please I’ll really appreciate any reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by steinmajor: 11:41am On Aug 20, 2018
The mistake has been made. I think I trusted him too much. Guess I have to pay for that now
lasthero:

So sorry. This is how my trusted uncle gave me a fake SOA also in July. I trusted him so much that I did not expect him to do such to me. If not for God who made me have this feelings of verifying the account. I tried checking out the account number by doing a mobile transfer from my phone 3days before my interview. Behold, the account name on mobile app was entirely different from the account name on the statement of account, even though its same account no. I queried him and he was like "eehm aburo, the embassy don't use to collect it, just go there and be smart, they won't collect it, they will only check."

That is when I knew family people can be evil. I had no choice than to reschedule my interview to spring, get a new sponsor (my parents this time) and request for new I20.

This is just a wakeup call for everyone. Don't trust most of those uncles or agents. They will lie to you that they have money in their account, they will tell you it's original statement. Always take a further step to verify documents authenticity before taking them to the embassy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by steinmajor: 11:47am On Aug 20, 2018
This is going to be a long and hard process. I might follow up tho. Thanks man
GboyegaD:

I will suggest you appeal the decision of the embassy instead of re-appearing. Ise the hand written note stating as a fake as your basis for wanting the case further opened and investigated. Sta nd on your position that the documents are genuine.
If possible, get your uncle to insist that the bank write and minute on the initial statement and include it as one of your justification for re-opening the case.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by steinmajor: 11:51am On Aug 20, 2018
Pls check your email bruv.
presiade:

Probably the account statement was not officially obtained (requested and paid for) and the bank denied issuing it when the embassy requested confirmation. If you're extremely sure that the submitted statement is genuine, confirm how your uncle got it. After that, re-apply with a duly obtained official statement and explain exactly what happened. Your case would have a better chance of flying if the scenario I imagined are true and other things are right.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AmaSophy: 12:02pm On Aug 20, 2018
Amydove:

I don't know how to check PMs on Nairaland. Resend to my email.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GahiaO: 12:27pm On Aug 20, 2018
daxier:

Brother, my case is very similar to yours. Had my interview same day in abuja. The VO told me to pick up my passport after 3 business days. Tried the online tracker, only to discover I've been placed on AP. I was at the DHL office on friday, heard no passport was delivered all through the week. In anticipation, I had earlier booked a flight for Saturday evening. My school resumes today, 20th August.
I called the number up there, the lady that picked referred me to send a mail to abujaconsular@state.gov, got the usual response I got all through last week, "sorry, we are unable to attend to visa bla bla bla..."
I'm missing orientation already, I only pray I get this all sorted before classes start next week
I went to the DHL pickup point on Friday too. It’s the same story. I have contact the Us consulate via every possible platform; Facebook, emails, calls, etc it’s still the same story.

Pls Check you email I saw your message and I have sent you a reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Omonoba1981(f): 1:48pm On Aug 20, 2018
Omonoba1981:
Seems no one here has idea about procedure for student that are applying for associate degree and what their chances are. And what are likely question to expect.

It is normally said on this thread that it is harder to get a visa when going for an associate degree but I believe you will get your visa as far as you present yourself well to the consular officer.

(Quote) (Report) 1 Like (Like) (Share)

I just got my student visa today. I think I was the first in queue Lagos 20th 6:30am

- Miami Dade com college Computer science and Administration Asssociate

Will try come up with my transcript.

But have one question. What will be the implication if I call my school, and ask for my admission be differed to January 2019
My resumption day was to be 27th August. flight ticket is quite expensive right now. And I am expecting my Canada visa application, as the US visa was a backup plan for me (Plan B). Plan A is Canada but still waiting for result (its almost 2 months I have been waiting)

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 2:01pm On Aug 20, 2018
Positivity101:
Yes. I did same
Yes,but be sure to provide the two when you go for interview and give a tangible reason too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by bushman404: 2:15pm On Aug 20, 2018
Hello House
i am going for a second degree in industrial engineering/maintenance and operation my first degree was electrical engineering i just want you guys to help me thinks on befitting answer for the VO when ask 1) why this course 2)why a second Bsc or why change of course Thank you as you brainstorm with me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 20, 2018
Sooredaniel:
Good day everyone. I had my interview on Friday and was asked to pick my passport in 3 days. My school resumes today (21st) but the class start date on my i20 is 27th. If I'm to travel in between these dates (say 24th) would I need to request an extension to tender at the POE? Also, hope the public hols starting tomorrow (Tuesday) wouldn't affect picking up my passport?

Public holidays affect visa processing as the embassy observes such holidays. However, if the visa is already processed, it may not affect pickup (I'm not sure of this). To be on the safe side, you may want to request an extension from your school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 3:08pm On Aug 20, 2018
Bigfrancis,ubah1,lagosismyhome,naughtyvirgin....Please does anyone know the email address of the U.S embassy in abuja This awaiting stuff is now frustrating.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sooredaniel(m): 3:16pm On Aug 20, 2018
Timotee:

Public holidays affect visa processing as the embassy observes such holidays. However, if the visa is already processed, it may not affect pickup (I'm not sure of this). To be on the safe side, you may want to request an extension from your school.
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 20, 2018
Omonoba1981:

But have one question. What will be the implication if I call my school, and ask for my admission be differed to January 2019
My resumption day was to be 27th August. flight ticket is quite expensive right now. And I am expecting my Canada visa application, as the US visa was a backup plan for me (Plan B). Plan A is Canada but still waiting for result (its almost 2 months I have been waiting)

Hmmm! This is a catch 22 situation. Deferring admission after visa approval is usually a tricky one as the status of your admission/registration is being monitored by SEVIS. The school is mandated to report to SEVIS if international students are registered or not. That being said, it is possible to defer on health grounds as long as there are valid claims to back it up and the school is also duly informed. You may still have lots of explaining to do still. The point for me though is that you are unsure when the Canadian visa will be ready or if you will get it. Note that the US and Canada share immigration database and your US visa is visible to the Canadian authorities. If I were in your shoes, I will take the bird at hand and go to the US. If the Canadian visa works out, you can easily relocate to Canada from the US. That's my opinion, though.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by johnsonpal: 3:27pm On Aug 20, 2018
WES Updated Document Requirements for Nigeria

On August 3, 2018, WES modified the document requirements for applicants seeking to have their Nigerian academic credentials evaluated. In accordance with this change, WES applicants must submit their high school documents for all evaluations of post-secondary study at Nigerian institutions.

If you submitted a WES application and received a WES Reference Number prior to August 3, 2018, this change does not affect you. WES will contact you by email if additional documents are required. In the meantime, you can monitor the status of your documents and credential evaluation through My Account.

Who Is Affected by This Change?
This change affects all WES applications of Nigerian credentials submitted on or after August 3, 2018. This means that applicants must have their secondary school documents sent to WES, regardless of the level of education they want to have evaluated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jelmusboy(m): 3:31pm On Aug 20, 2018
The Embassy in Abuja and the Consulate General in Lagos will be closed on Tuesday, August 21 and Wednesday, August 22 in observance of Eid-el-Kabir. Both will officially reopen on Thursday, August 23.
Exercise caution and be aware of your surroundings during the holiday. Eid Mubarak!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 3:39pm On Aug 20, 2018
steinmajor:
This is going to be a long and hard process. I might follow up tho. Thanks man

It would be a better option. It saves you the stress of going for another interview since you are not sure if you have a ban or otherwise.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GahiaO: 3:43pm On Aug 20, 2018
Flaame:
Bigfrancis,ubah1,lagosismyhome,naughtyvirgin....Please does anyone know the email address of the U.S embassy in abuja This awaiting stuff is now frustrating.
when was your interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Elolam87(m): 5:03pm On Aug 20, 2018
Please I need your assistance. I was sent a msg to send my transcript to SpanTran evaluation company for evaluation, but I don't really know how to go about this. What should I do? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Elolam87(m): 5:04pm On Aug 20, 2018
... and wats d mode of payment?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Atunde5: 5:20pm On Aug 20, 2018
Flaame:

Abuja embassy has reopen. I saw it now in their Facebook page
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 5:27pm On Aug 20, 2018
Atunde5:

Abuja embassy has reopen. I saw it now in their Facebook page
Okay,than you,but what is their facebook page name?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by femi312: 5:27pm On Aug 20, 2018
bushman404:
Hello House
i am going for a second degree in industrial engineering/maintenance and operation my first degree was electrical engineering[b] i just want you guys to help me thinks [/b]on befitting answer for the VO when ask 1) why this course 2)why a second Bsc or why change of course Thank you as you brainstorm with me
Oh Lord! Help you think? You can't think yourself? Wonderful.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 5:30pm On Aug 20, 2018
GahiaO:
when was your interview?
August 15...but all of us including;16th,17th,18th,and 20th august applicants has been kept on hold

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.