Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (798452 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 4peace4: 10:08pm On Aug 21, 2018
Upandup:

Lemme ask you sista! Please don't be offended. But if someone calls you a goat and offers you $10,000 would you refuse to take it because he/she called you a goat?

Upandup you are a GOAT! and i won't give you $10,000

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by freshStarz: 10:44pm On Aug 21, 2018
Upandup:

Lemme ask you sista! Please don't be offended. But if someone calls you a goat and offers you $10,000 would you refuse to take it because he/she called you a goat?

Go and sit down Pls....
If u really know TWoods, u won't like him. I bet u majority of peeps here who know him well don't. He's a bitter and sad person. Make he go find who do am. No be us here do am. He's a Nigerian like us forming posh... Forming Oyibo. Condemning us like wetin na

To answer ur question anyways..... U know what I will do nah. $10k no be here o grin
After putting my $10k for my akant.... I will come back for return match, we go know who u call goat!
Goat is an animal. I am a human being grin

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 21, 2018
naira0:

gringringrin@the bolded
If TWoods was very much around, he'd probably have asked what you'll be doing with your available time while others are busy "brainstorming" about your future on your behalf.

I don't support laziness...I don't. Your request gives me a certain impression about you. Now I'd rather you go this way:

1) Do a little Google research about the prospects and challenges facing your proposed course.

2) Make up your mind on how you intend to improve the observed challenges (the answer here easily forms the basis of your interest for this course).

3) Come back here with your answers for inputs and fine tuning. I can bet that even the fiercest critics here will gladly lend their ideas.

PS: Coming here to demand that people form an opinion regarding you on your behalf is what our "missing" brother terms spoonfeeding.

Peace Profound!
lol.. you spoke ny mind . You did it like an English man
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ijaola(m): 11:22pm On Aug 21, 2018
Guys. I am in dead need of an hotel in vi for my appointment. Can't risk coming from sagamu to visit for a 7am appointment. Please suggest. Cheap and OK
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Upandup: 11:31pm On Aug 21, 2018
freshStarz:

Go and sit down Pls....
If u really know TWoods, u won't like him. I bet u majority of peeps here who know him well don't. He's a bitter and sad person. Make he go find who do am. No be us here do am. He's a Nigerian like us forming posh... Forming Oyibo. Condemning us like wetin na

To answer ur question anyways..... U know what I will do nah. $10k no be here o grin
After putting my $10k for my akant.... I will come back for return match, we go know who u call goat!
Goat is an animal. I am a human being grin

Lol...

I get you though. However, I don't have to like him or dislike him because of his ways of communication. Besides i don't know him anywhere else besides here. And if he has useful info that he is willing to share, why not? Even if he is sad and bitter and still forms oyibo but has useful information to share, why would I have to be emotional about his manner of approach. I mean, it's his life and he can live it anyhow he desires.

These aside, the main reason I miss him is because he states things that are TRUE (from his pov) which mostly contradicts a lot of things. But if you carefully analyze the context, you'd realise that he always has very valid points. ����

Perhaps he would have thrown some light on some of the recent happenings on the thread, especially on someone who just got a gc under 2 years of leaving 9ja. I'd have loved to read his comments on that.

So sista! It's all for learning to me. Let everyone keep their emotions at home and be serious with whatever they want to get in life. For instance, if a keke driver insults you on your way to the consulate office, would you start fighting him or would you focus on what lies ahead? It's really that simple if you ask me.

18 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Richydos(m): 11:35pm On Aug 21, 2018
freshStarz:
Not yet got admissions. I am still about to write GRE. have u written it?

Also interested on the Gre stuff.... Please is there a way we can communicate better?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Upandup: 11:35pm On Aug 21, 2018
4peace4:
Upandup you are a GOAT! and i won't give you $10,000

I don't think you're worth more than 10 secs of my time writing this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jamoyakz: 11:47pm On Aug 21, 2018
sunshineluv5:
Hello house please has anyone booked flights before with EXPEDIA,KAYAK, KIWI.COM AND SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES how reliable are these websites?
you can book flights from the airline website directly it's better and more reliable although through agent website is a little bit cheaper. I did suggest you book directly from the Airline but you can use those over listed website to compare flight rates, duration, time arrival etc
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by freshStarz: 11:51pm On Aug 21, 2018
Richydos:

Also interested on the Gre stuff.... Please is there a way we can communicate better?

Email me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jamoyakz: 11:54pm On Aug 21, 2018
ijaola:
Guys. I am in dead need of an hotel in vi for my appointment. Can't risk coming from sagamu to visit for a 7am appointment. Please suggest. Cheap and OK
get to obalende and take a bike to famous guest inn 4k . it's hundred Naira to the embassy with keke to checking point junction cross the road and you see a car park ask anyone there. you did be directed. please be careful of all those agents. I wish you success

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by freshStarz: 11:55pm On Aug 21, 2018
Upandup:

Lol...

I get you though. However, I don't have to like him or dislike him because of his ways of communication. Besides i don't know him anywhere else besides here. And if he has useful info that he is willing to share, why not? Even if he is sad and bitter and still forms oyibo but has useful information to share, why would I have to be emotional about his manner of approach. I mean, it's his life and he can live it anyhow he desires.

These aside, the main reason I miss him is because he states things that are TRUE (from his pov) which mostly contradicts a lot of things. But if you carefully analyze the context, you'd realise that he always has very valid points. ����

Perhaps he would have thrown some light on some of the recent happenings on the thread, especially on someone who just got a gc under 2 years of leaving 9ja. I'd have loved to read his comments on that.

So sista! It's all for learning to me. Let everyone keep their emotions at home and be serious with whatever they want to get in life. For instance, if a keke driver insults you on your way to the consulate office, would you start fighting him or would you focus on what lies ahead? It's really that simple if you ask me.

OK sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LearnAndObey: 12:18am On Aug 22, 2018
lalavita:
Your transcript was good, you responded well. Unfortunately your choice of school let you down. With your GRE scores, you can find a better quality programme with funding. Try again for Spring.

From Wiki;
American National University was formerly accredited by ACICS.

ACICS lost its status as recognized accreditor on December 12, 2016.[6] The university is approved to receive Title IV funding under a provisional Program Participation Agreement for 18 months beginning December 12, 2016 while it is seeking a new accreditor.

As of February 27, 2018 the Roanoke Valley Campus is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) [7] The following sites are recognized as administrative sties by DEAC: Harrisonburg Campus, Charlottesville Campus, Lynchburg Campus, Princeton Campus, Parkersburg Campus, Bristol Campus and the Dayton Area Campus.

Please assist me crosscheck my mock interview too.

Me: Good Morning
VO: Good Morning, Pass me your passport and i-20
ME: I did sharply
VO: why going to the US
Me: I am going to Cleveland Land State University for my BSC in Information Sysystem
VO: Why US?
Me: It's a known fact that a degree in the United State is well respected and highly ranked, therefore, I see a foundational degree in the US to be a very good decision.
VO: how did you get to know about the school?
ME: My Dad's friend who is an alumni of the school recommended it to me, and as a result of this. I went online to read more on the school curriculum, Standard, program offered and it's notable alumnus.
VO: How many Schools did you apply to?
ME: 4
VO: Name them
ME: Cleveland State University, Georgia State University, Washington and Lee University, Appalachian State University.
VO: How many admitted you?
ME: Cleveland State University, and Georgia State University.
VO: Why Cleveland State University for a business seeking degree and not top schools.
Me: Cleveland state University at the Monte Ahuja Campus is well equipped with appliances that would help me not to only gain theorical knowledge, but practical knowledge as well, thereby developing me Managarially, Financially, and Technically, which will prepare me with the best way to utilize the modern technology.
Secondly, the school is enriched with qualified professors who are always ready to render necessary assistance to students. In addition, the school is located downtown of Ohio city, which will give me the opportunity to learn in a very conducive environment.
VO: so, why Information Systems
ME: Considering the varieties of career opportunities information system offers, this program will develop the computer knowledge which I already had, and prepare me in the business administrational sector, secondly, this degree will help me enhance the Technological Advancement in Nigeria as one of the countries which is lacking behind technologically.
VO: What will this degree do for you?
ME: This degree will develop me Managerially and Technically, which will make me more valuable in the labour market, when I return to Nigeria to work in with some Telecommunication companies like MTN, GLO, Etisalat, and any other Technological business enterprise.
VO: Any Standardized Test?
ME: SAT and TOEFL
VO: When did you finish High School?
ME: 2015
VO: What have you been doing since then?
ME: After my high school, I went for an apprenticeship in Computer and hardware engineering, which was for 12 months with 6 months serving period making 18 months. After this, I proceeded as an apprentice to gain knowledge on MS word, Software installation, Ethernet Connectivity and little of graphics for total of 12 Months.
VO: Who's sponsoring you?
ME: My Uncle
VO: What does he do?
ME: He is a Professor in Telecommunication Science Department at Bleep University, and also own a Telecommunication Company.
VO: Why is he spending that huge amount on you?
Me: He's my guildian, who is always interested in my success, and am seen as an investment who will use my attained knowledge to promote his company enthusiastically.
VO: Can I have his bank Statement.
Me: Of course you can, here it is.
Vo: Glance through it and returned, said my visa is approved, and gave me a White paper

Guys please help me look into this transcript, don't be scared to abuse or correct anything.
I am not avoiding insult at all.

I am here to Learn And Obey

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Richydos(m): 12:19am On Aug 22, 2018
freshStarz:

Email me
Please drop your email... Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by freshStarz: 12:51am On Aug 22, 2018
latestschoolsabroad@gmail.com

Richydos:

Please drop your email... Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by centmanuel(m): 1:03am On Aug 22, 2018
On behave of the brainy people in the house I welcome myself and I register my name that this part 14 will not pass me by grin shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Glocal1: 2:14am On Aug 22, 2018
Nieall:
Hello
My visa interview was earlier scheduled on 15th august but was rescheduled to 24th Friday because of the abuja issue. My school resumes on 22nd and I have a late arrival letter from my school till sept 6th. I don’t know whether to go ahead with the interview or defer my admission to spring please anyone with any useful advice should please let me know.
Go and get your visa first, then defer your admission.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jiggsbaby: 4:26am On Aug 22, 2018
Robert6708:
You people are funny with all this choice of school bullcrap. His transcript went well, and by now I think it should be obvious that sometimes all you need is another trial, so are you suggesting he should go change school, and change his narrative thereby risking a possibility of complications. As long as your school is accredited, and you damn well know what you’re doing, one or two trials is enough to get a visa. Stop with the unnecessary importance y’all attach to ranking. I’m sure if it’s about rankings, by now everyone will know that. Your school can be an Ivy League schl, which is a plus, otherwise all you need do is sell yourself. Like the VO said, try again, he should do so, be consistent and pray for some luck, Lobatan.

Bro please respond to my pm I need ur help please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by EconMajor(m): 4:57am On Aug 22, 2018
My Travel Transcript

I left Nigeria (with Qatar airways, 12 pm flight) on Sunday, August 12, 2018 and touched down in O'Hare airport, Chicago on Monday, August 13, 2018 around 2:30pm. The flight from Lagos to Doha, Qatar lasted for 10 hours while the layover was about 8 hours and from Doha to Chicago was 14 hours. The queue at the airport was quite long but the officers were very efficient so I didn't spend so much time on the queue. When it got to my turn to be interviewed, I handed my I-20, declaration form and passport to the CBP officer. My interview with a CBP officer went thus:
CBP: Where are you going to?
Me: I'm going to Eastern Illinois University for my master's program
CBP: How long is the program?
Me: Two years
CBP: (While handing over my documents) Welcome and have a nice stay in the U.S.
Me: Thank you.

The officer stamped my passport and wrote "IN" on my declaration form with a red marker.
After, I claimed my luggage and was directed to the secondary section. I declared my foodstuffs so the officer asked me if they were all dried and processed and I answered in the affirmative. I placed my luggage in a scanner and after the scanning I collected the luggage and left the airport. Some school officials picked us at the airport and dropped us in one of the school's residential apartments where we stayed till Friday, August 17, 2018.

My first week here was hectic with orientation, job interview and trying to adapt to a new country. Students and staff here have been very helpful. I've gotten an apartment and an on-campus job at the library and everything is moving on fine.
Once again, I thank all members of this thread for contributing to this invaluable resource. In a special way, I thank BigFrancis for assisting in paying my fees. Thank you all.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:47am On Aug 22, 2018
Flaame:
Helllo BigFrancis,walspring,lagosismyhome,nahum....My visa interview was earlier scheduled on 15th august but was rescheduled to 24th(friday)cos of the abuja issue. My school resumes on 27th and I still have 3 working days to pick up my passport. And that is exactly 27th. I cannot cancel the appointment cos it is of no use to,the only option is to go ahead and have the interview. Now I have asked one of my counsellor to give me an I20 extension and he said that it is too late for that that I have an option to defer,pls what should I do?

Might be best to go for the interview .... get the visa then defer that way you don't lose the visa fee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 5:56am On Aug 22, 2018
Robert6708:
You people are funny with all this choice of school bullcrap. His transcript went well, and by now I think it should be obvious that sometimes all you need is another trial, so are you suggesting he should go change school, and change his narrative thereby risking a possibility of complications. As long as your school is accredited, and you damn well know what you’re doing, one or two trials is enough to get a visa. Stop with the unnecessary importance y’all attach to ranking. I’m sure if it’s about rankings, by now everyone will know that. Your school can be an Ivy League schl, which is a plus, otherwise all you need do is sell yourself. Like the VO said, try again, he should do so, be consistent and pray for some luck, Lobatan.

It would have been nice you state your opinion/position constructively. That said, put yourself in a VOs position. You are interviewing a potential with great aspirations (using his/her standardized test scores as a signal), what kind of school would you expect he targets?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 6:29am On Aug 22, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Might be best to go for the interview .... get the visa then defer that way you don't lose the visa fee
Yes,this is the best advice so far. But can it work that way?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by naira0(m): 6:49am On Aug 22, 2018
Dolorsa:
You almost got approved bro. I feel you should show strong ties when next you appear by bringing your wife into the picture since you are married. Your delivery was on point. Try and be consistent when next you show up if you decide to refire. Don't forget God too. Best of luck.

I beg to disagree with you. His denial has got nothing to do with ties. He already indicated that he has a glorious job which he intends to resume after studies. He is married too. Apparently, his denial has nothing to do with ties. Sometimes all that is required is the next attempt. Altering his DS application now on choice of institution will spell greater doom, EXCEPT he's targeting Spring 2019.

Therefore refire bro and pray for a more lenient VO.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by freshStarz: 7:19am On Aug 22, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Hello Ma, really?
Can someone who has already got Visa approval for a semester wait for the next semester (that is defer the admission), then go with the initial visa approval of the last semester. Won't it be a problem at the point of entry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Glocal1: 7:39am On Aug 22, 2018
EconMajor:
My Travel Transcript

I left Nigeria (with Qatar airways, 12 pm flight) on Sunday, August 12, 2018 and touched down in O'Hare airport, Chicago on Monday, August 13, 2018 around 2:30pm. The flight from Lagos to Doha, Qatar lasted for 10 hours while the layover was about 8 hours and from Doha to Chicago was 14 hours. The queue at the airport was quite long but the officers were very efficient so I didn't spend so much time on the queue. When it got to my turn to be interviewed, I handed my I-20, declaration form and passport to the CBP officer. My interview with a CBP officer went thus:
CBP: Where are you going to?
Me: I'm going to Eastern Illinois University for my master's program
CBP: How long is the program?
Me: Two years
CBP: (While handing over my documents) Welcome and have a nice stay in the U.S.
Me: Thank you.

The officer stamped my passport and wrote "IN" on my declaration form with a red marker.
After, I claimed my luggage and was directed to the secondary section. I declared my foodstuffs so the officer asked me if they were all dried and processed and I answered in the affirmative. I placed my luggage in a scanner and after the scanning I collected the luggage and left the airport. Some school officials picked us at the airport and dropped us in one of the school's residential apartments where we stayed till Friday, August 17, 2018.

My first week here was hectic with orientation, job interview and trying to adapt to a new country. Students and staff here have been very helpful. I've gotten an apartment and an on-campus job at the library and everything is moving on fine.
Once again, I thank all members of this thread for contributing to this invaluable resource. In a special way, I thank BigFrancis for assisting in paying my fees. Thank you all.
Congrats on your arrival at this next phase of life, I wish you greater success and breakthrough.
Mind sharing your visa interview transcript. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Glocal1: 7:55am On Aug 22, 2018
dilodavid:
Visa delayed on 06/08/2018 at Lagos consulate. My appointment was 6:45am. Below is my transcript

VO: Tell me about your program?
Me: I am going to American National University in Virginia to pursue my masters degree in business administration and management. I am required to complete a total of 36 credit hours within a period of 19 months. I will be taking courses like managerial economics, business research, marketing management, operations management, financial management, business leadership policy and strategy. Prior to graduation, i must meet up 3.0cgpa.
VO: How many schools did u apply to?
Me: I applied to 3 schools
VO: Name the other two schools
Me: Ashland university, ohio and Murray state university, Kentucky
VO: How did u hear about the school?
Me: A senior colleague at work who is an alumni of the school told me about the school and the great experience she had during her school days and i made further research and found out that they teach skills required for leadership position in today's business world.
VO: Are you married?
Me: Yes
Vo: How many kids?
Me: None yet
Vo: Who is your sponsor?
Me: My father is my main sponsor and i have also been able to save up some funds for this journey.
Vo: What is your educational background?
Me: I have my bachelor's degree in business administration from the university of benin in 2011.
Vo: Did you take any test?
Me: Yes, i took the GRE
Vo: What is your score?
Me: 318, verbal: 156, quantitative: 162. Analytical writing: 3.0
Vo: What have u been doing since u finished Nysc?
Me: I got a job at xyz company where i work as a business services and customer relation officer. I also operate as a business development officer and i provide excellent customer service.
Vo: You already have a job, why are you leaving?
Me: I am not leaving. It's a vital requirement that will enable pick up the position of a business manager in the company i work on my return.
Vo: How did u get your scholarship?
Me: I submitted a convincing statement of purpose and my academic transcript through my school.
Vo: I am sorry, you have to try again.

Guys, please help me detect what went wrong.
I can see a smooth conversation all through.
You also have a good test scores that validates your study abilities.
You demonstated emotional and economic ties to your home country.
Your profile deserves a better institution with good funding.
Overall, I think once you have a credible institution, proof of being a genuine student and a sure source of funding, the visa interview should be fail-proof.
Just try again, improve on your speech delivery, and pray for favour. I wish you the best.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 8:09am On Aug 22, 2018
Yes you can defer to the spring term even after getting your visa. All u need is a new i20 indicating the spring term and there won't be any issue at the POE

freshStarz:

Hello Ma, really?
Can someone who has already got Visa approval for a semester wait for the next semester (that is defer the admission), then go with the initial visa approval of the last semester. Won't it be a problem at the point of entry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Atunde5: 8:22am On Aug 22, 2018
Naughtyvirgin:
Yes you can defer to the spring term even after getting your visa. All u need is a new i20 indicating the spring term and there won't be any issue at the POE

Are you so sure about this. I don't think American immigration law allows this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 22, 2018
Glocal1:
I can see a smooth conversation all through.
You also have a good test scores that validates your study abilities.
You demonstated emotional and economic ties to your home country.
Your profile deserves a better institution with good funding.
Overall, I think once you have a credible institution, proof of being a genuine student and a sure source of funding, the visa interview should be fail-proof.
Just try again, improve on your speech delivery, and pray for favour. I wish you the best.
I appreciate your concern. I have noted your observations.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 22, 2018
Dolorsa:
You almost got approved bro. I feel you should show strong ties when next you appear by bringing your wife into the picture since you are married. Your delivery was on point. Try and be consistent when next you show up if you decide to refire. Don't forget God too. Best of luck.
I will work on the points you have made.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 22, 2018
lalavita:
Your transcript was good, you responded well. Unfortunately your choice of school let you down. With your GRE scores, you can find a better quality programme with funding. Try again for Spring.

From Wiki;
American National University was formerly accredited by ACICS.

ACICS lost its status as recognized accreditor on December 12, 2016.[6] The university is approved to receive Title IV funding under a provisional Program Participation Agreement for 18 months beginning December 12, 2016 while it is seeking a new accreditor.

As of February 27, 2018 the Roanoke Valley Campus is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) [7] The following sites are recognized as administrative sties by DEAC: Harrisonburg Campus, Charlottesville Campus, Lynchburg Campus, Princeton Campus, Parkersburg Campus, Bristol Campus and the Dayton Area Campus.

Thank you for your observations..I appreciate. I posted my delayed transcript so guys could help me out and you have done your part.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.