Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,416 members, 7,819,495 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (796957 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 6:58pm On Dec 03, 2018
I'll advice that you don't recommend any transfer services to him. He should go to his school international students' centre and ask which they prefer for tuition transfer. That is why this centre is created within every university and college in the US.
Adhheir:

This being said, you could also try "Flywire.com" they offer such services globally.
Godspeed!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 7:00pm On Dec 03, 2018
Do you get nervous at your job? lol grin grin grin. I am sure you are kidding with that statement. VO has met 100s of applicant, and meeting another and another will not shift their emotional stand.
GboyegaD:

One good tip to tense yourself is to remind yourself you are going to have a conversation. If that doesn't help, then see yourself as a celebrity and the VO as one of your fan who is dying to have a conversation with you. Remember that the VO is as nervous as you are so relax and make yourself comfortable.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 7:01pm On Dec 03, 2018
LolaCole1:
Hello, please is it possible to apply for F1 US visa while visiting canada?

That could be a bit tough however, you can give it a trial. I know friends who came to Canada to renew their US Study visas and some who went to Mexico to renew. Why are you applying from Canada though cos it may be very difficult to prove home ties when applying from a country different from yours on a visit visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 7:05pm On Dec 03, 2018
fairheart:
Do you get nervous at your job? lol grin grin grin. I am sure you are kidding with that statement. VO has met 100s of applicant, and meeting another and another will not shift their emotional stand.

I am not kidding and fact remains that at an interview, both the interviewed and the interviewer are nervous. Why is the interview in place if not to ensure that only the right persons are granted visas? How are you absolutely sure the person you think you want to approve is the right person? The only difference is that in this case, they are quick to play on people's nervousness.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 7:05pm On Dec 03, 2018
CuteRedd:
VO is nervous ke grin why if u may ask?

To be sure they get the right persons.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 7:07pm On Dec 03, 2018
CuteRedd:
VO is nervous ke grin why if u may ask?
Nervous might be too strong a word to use by him but logically the VOs priority is to give visas to students with genuine interest in learning and 'RETURNING' home only!! So this puts them at somewhat very dicey situation of giving visas to worthy applicants. So a lot of psychological calculations is ongoing during the interview. The only advantage they have is they have being trained to hide their emotions during this short nervy moment. That's why visa interview is very subjective.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by PRYCE(m): 7:22pm On Dec 03, 2018
slamcole:
Good afternoon here. Visa approved today at the US consulate in Abuja this morning. Here's my transcript

ME: Good morning ma'am (with a wry smile)
VO: passport and 1-20 please.

VO: why USM
ME: It is classified as a R1 institution by the Carnegie foundation. And the Biological Science department has a diverse approach to their graduate program where researches provide solutions to problems affecting one health

VO: number of schools applied to
ME: 3. I named them.

VO: Why the choice of USM
ME: Aside from the fact that I got a GA, there's also am ongoing research in the lab of Prof **** which is in line with my background as a veterinarian.(not sure I mentioned the scope of the research)

VO; Do you have a letter from the school indicating the funding offered.
ME: YES. Gave it to her

VO: What similarities are there between your background as a vet and molecular biology
ME: As a practicing Vet, an added Knowledge of molecular biology will not only help me better diagnose animal diseases but also develop preventive and curative approaches to the disease, with emphasis on zoonotic diseases.

VO: Plan after graduation
ME: Upon completion of the MSC, I'll have acquired adequate research knowledge, and practical exposure as to enable me pick up a faculty position made available to best graduating students like me from my alma matter upon my return to Nigeria.

VO: Travelled out of the country before.
ME: No I've had no reason to go out of Nigeria

VO: Do you have any relatives or siblings in the US
ME: no I don't

VO: Congratulations, I'll be approving your visa

Congratulations man!

Hope others can also connect this blessing.

Good luck to Tuesday interviewees!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sensisosu: 7:25pm On Dec 03, 2018
sensisosu:
what are the documents needed to take for the interview ?

GUYS ANSWER ME PLEASE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 7:27pm On Dec 03, 2018
Perhaps, "VO are often "uncertain and doubtful"" would have been it. I understand him though. We are just sharing ideas, and he is right. VO ain't sure whether the person they are approving is right or wrong--even after approving the visa.
homirefacuny:

Nervous might be too strong a word to use by him but logically the VOs priority is to give visas to students with genuine interest in learning and 'RETURNING' home only!! So this puts them at somewhat very dicey situation of giving visas to worthy applicants. So a lot of psychological calculations is ongoing during the interview. The only advantage they have is they have being trained to hide their emotions during this short nervy moment. That's why visa interview is very subjective.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sensisosu: 7:29pm On Dec 03, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 7:30pm On Dec 03, 2018
fairheart:
Perhaps, "VO are often "uncertain and doubtful"" would have been it. I understand him though. We are just sharing ideas, and he is right. VO ain't sure whether the person they are approving is right or wrong--even after approving the visa.
Yes I can't agree less bro. All will end in praise for us all.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 7:33pm On Dec 03, 2018
YOUR I-20 (SIGN AND DATED).
SEVIS CONFIRMATION PRINTOUT
MRV FEE RECEIPT (OF THE 59, 200 PAID AT GTB)
DS-160 CONFIRMATION PAGE (WITH PHOTO AND BARCODE SHOWING)
APPOINTMENT CONFIRMATION PRINTOUT (WITH BAR-CODE, DS-160 NUMBER BEING THE SAME WITH THE ONE ON CONFIRMATION PAGE)
2 PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH (OF THE SAME YOU UPLOADED ON DSFORM)
LETTER OF AWARD (IF THERE'S ANY AT ALL)
SPONSOR BANK STATEMENT
SPONSOR LETTER (VO MAY NOT ASK)
YOUR OWN BANK STATEMENT (IF GOING FOR MASTERS AND WORKING AND HAVE SAVINGS)

STANDARDIZE TEST SCORE SHEET (GRE, SAT, ETC. GET THE PRINTOUT FROM ONLINE).

THAT'S ALL. GOOD LUCK.

sensisosu:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sensisosu: 7:36pm On Dec 03, 2018
fairheart:
YOUR I-20
SEVIS CONFIRMATION PRINTOUT
MRV FEE RECEIPT
DS-160 CONFIRMATION PAGE (WITH PHOTO AND BARCODE SHOWING)
APPOINTMENT CONFIRMATION PRINTOUT (WITH BAR-CODE, DS-160 NUMBER BEING THE SAME WITH THE ONE ON CONFIRMATION PAGE)
2 PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH (OF THE SAME YOU UPLOADED ON DSFORM)
LETTER OF AWARD (IF THERE'S ANY AT ALL)
SPONSOR BANK STATEMENT
SPONSOR LETTER (VO MAY NOT ASK)
YOUR OWN BANK STATEMENT (IF GOING FOR MASTERS AND WORKING AND HAVE SAVINGS)

STANDARDIZE TEST SCORE SHEET (GRE, SAT, ETC. GET THE PRINTOUT FROM ONLINE).

THAT'S ALL. GOOD LUCK.

THanks boss

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 7:39pm On Dec 03, 2018
Lizzy828:
Hello guyz.
I need responds to this pls.
I graduated from high school since 2014 about four years ago and it took me 2years to get into the university, I am in my year 2, but my sponsor wants me to leave the country now. What should I tell them at the embassy? Am 20years. My course is psychology in Houston community college.

Pls Admins look into it and react.

My only reaction would be the challenge that your sponsor is the one wanting you to leave which isn't convincing enough to get a visa. That said, while working towards studying abroad, do not let your education back home suffer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 7:48pm On Dec 03, 2018
Olawale008888:
I wasn't told to bring any extra documents the man just circled the location where i would get my visa and when i checked now its on AP....e don tey wey i don even hear of people on AP...i would send my transcript soon...the AP just destabilized me

Don't let that bother you. It is just a phase in the process.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sapalo007(m): 8:18pm On Dec 03, 2018

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by isi4luv: 9:02pm On Dec 03, 2018
If anyone is going to Minnesota state University, Mankato and needs a house. Contact me. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kfrosh: 9:04pm On Dec 03, 2018
Lol....... blah blah blah......

If they like, they should summon Trump too if they can. It won't change their stance towards who they allow into their country. Afterall, it's their country for crying out loud.
Sapalo007:
Visa denial: National Assembly summons US ambassador

https://punchng.com/breaking-visa-denial-national-assembly-summons-us-ambassador/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Rytefish: 9:15pm On Dec 03, 2018
kfrosh:
Lol....... blah blah blah......

If they like, they should summon Trump too if they can. It won't change their stance towards who they allow into their country. Afterall, it's their country for crying out loud.

I won't deny seeing this.... although you may be right in your opinion that it is their country, but there are bilateral agreement between nations which give them access to each other's soil, either to visit, work, or whichever one that suits both parties.

If there is anywhere our citizens are getting it wrong over there, the US Ambassador should attend the meeting, be blunt with his response, the media will be there to let the world hear from him, whatsoever is causing the increase in the rate of refusals lately, (although, we have an hint of the reasons, but sometimes, our leaders need to hear it from an outsider before acting when necessary).

If they don't want our students over there again, they should stop receiving visa fees, 'for crying out loud'. I don't think you have started the process, if you know how much resources involved especially to those who applied to more than a school, you will think deep before responding in that manner.

So, please, my brother/sister, be cautious and ambassadorial in your response as a citizen of Nigeria.

We all want the best for each other, that is why this platform was created.

15 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by skido04: 9:40pm On Dec 03, 2018
skido04:
Hello Gurus, I was filling my ds-160 and found out there was no space to add more sponsors. I went for interview last july with my uncles statement. I'm going this time with both his own and my sisters own, I'm now confused on who to write on DS 160. Please help?
I really appreciate all the advice I have gotten here

Please guys I'm urgently waiting for a response. anyone that has encountered this should please help out.

@LagosismyHome
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by npmi(f): 10:17pm On Dec 03, 2018
PRYCE:

Congratulations man!

Hope others can also connect this blessing.

Good luck to Tuesday interviewees!
I connect to your blessing

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by npmi(f): 10:22pm On Dec 03, 2018
Rytefish:

I won't deny seeing this.... although you may be right in your opinion that it is their country, but there are bilateral agreement between nations which give them access to each other's soil, either to visit, work, or whichever one that suits both parties.

If there is anywhere our citizens are getting it wrong over there, the US Ambassador should attend the meeting, be blunt with his response, the media will be there to let the world hear from him, whatsoever is causing the increase in the rate of refusals lately, (although, we have an hint of the reasons, but sometimes, our leaders need to hear it from an outsider before acting when necessary).

If they don't want our students over there again, they should stop receiving visa fees, 'for crying out loud'. I don't think you have started the process, if you know how much resources involved especially to those who applied to more than a school, you will think deep before responding in that manner.

So, please, my brother/sister, be cautious and ambassadorial in your response as a citizen of Nigeria.

We all want the best for each other, that is why this platform was created.
It's painful, praying for God's intervention

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by uniquefurlife: 10:33pm On Dec 03, 2018
fairheart:
Your school in the US is in best position to suggest how money could be transferred. Please contact the centre for international students at your school. I am sure they will guide you. That's where you'll get the answer, not here.
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by uniquefurlife: 10:34pm On Dec 03, 2018
Adhheir:

This being said, you could also try "Flywire.com" they offer such services globally.
Godspeed!
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Emmalondon: 10:40pm On Dec 03, 2018
GboyegaD:

You are welcome. Hope you are building your lists of schools to consider already?

Yes bro, but i must say that the process is not easy o. Please i hope you don't mind if i get your number so that on some specific issues i can contact you directly for guidance. Incase you're not on nairaland at such a time. My number is 09051838952 but that is not my whatsapp number. I dont want to drop my whatsapp number here but if you dial this number then i can contact you on whatsapp with my other number. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by idris01(m): 11:35pm On Dec 03, 2018
Please while I was trying to make an application fee payment of $60, that proved abortive. Can anyone here help me out?
Thank you,
urgent.
idrab4all@yahoo.com
+2348026248258
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Enasdan(m): 1:45am On Dec 04, 2018
I'm currently employed as filled in my DS-160 online form, my aunt is my sponsor for my MBA program, please, is that necessary I go the embassy with my personal SOA, I don't know if it will it be asked during the interview, thanks for your suggestions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 2:04am On Dec 04, 2018
Please who has applied for an expedient appointment and how did the letter to the embassy look? I wish to apply for one but want to know how to address it and how to draft the letter.

Any suggestions or demo will be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LORRDDD(m): 5:05am On Dec 04, 2018
Sirtenburg:
Hello house, I just got a message in my mail box that have successfully rescheduled my appointment without doing that cuz am to go for my interview this Wednesday

Abuja? same here.....been trying to call them to find out why. when did they reschedule yours to? Using an agent?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by elevatedmind: 5:13am On Dec 04, 2018
jerrypeacelinks:
Please who has applied for an expedient appointment and how did the letter to the embassy look? I wish to apply for one but want to know how to address it and how to draft the letter.

Any suggestions or demo will be appreciated. Thanks.

Just state your reasons in the letter (that your program start date is near) and you need sufficient time to make travel plans. For addressing it, a "Dear Sir/Ma" will do.

Attach your I-20 too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Oluwatoyinakinb(f): 7:06am On Dec 04, 2018
Thanks to all yours reply they are very helpful.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by PRYCE(m): 7:14am On Dec 04, 2018
npmi:

I connect to your blessing

His blessing rather! wink

When's yours dear?

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.