Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,204 members, 7,825,773 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (799087 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Glorious0: 5:56pm On Dec 10, 2018
Please, I need assistance. I am open to suggestions or even critics as I know there's sense in anything another can perceive as nonsense. Please, help me o. Thanks
Glorious0:
Hello everyone,

Please, was just directed by a Friend to join Nairaland student forum.

I need assistance on 2 affordable schools I could apply for a masters degree. Please, help with names, i'll google and read up about them from your suggestions Please..........

I'll also appreciate if I can get names of schools that does not require application fee payment. I googled and came about Dayton but while applying, I observed I would be required to pay application fee.

I hope to secure a scholarship in the long run as I have good B.Sc result (Business Administration background) and plan on taking a language proficiency test. Kindly point me in the direction of schools I can be lucky with or if your school is currently doing a scholarship programme, Please attention me: I'll take it up from there and do my application.

I await your feedback. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by martineverest(m): 5:58pm On Dec 10, 2018
anyone going for interview on Wednesday,12th?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jaxx007: 6:02pm On Dec 10, 2018
Obyknow:

Can I get your email to reach you

Boycut203@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by mrchemist(m): 6:03pm On Dec 10, 2018
Thanks
Spring2019:
Guys I just rescheduled from January 7th to December 18th at Abuja embassy. You can check if you want to reschedule. 18th and 19th was available 8 mins ago

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 6:45pm On Dec 10, 2018
Chidinma1984:

In August but it was under Administrative processing for a while received in officially in October.

Okay I got what I wanted. By my observations, your account was created on this platform in September. So, safe to say you went for the interview before joining us here otherwise I wanted to write you an epistle for asking that question grin
Congratulations tho, one of our ogas don answer your question but do well to share your transcript. Thank you!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ianmaduka(m): 6:49pm On Dec 10, 2018
Good evening my lovely people.i would like to make an enquiry that is disturbing me since here.first I got a B1/B2 slip of visa fee payment that someone made for me on March this year 2018.till now I haven't used it because it was done in a group tourism visit but as it stand we couldn't get a date of interview from the consulate as they said.now can I use my own to apply direct application?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 6:58pm On Dec 10, 2018
You may not find what you are looking for: school that will offer Master's admission without paying application fee. If you are talking about undergraduate application, I can point to over 10 schools. But for masters? Hmm. Find a school you strongly believe you will meet its admission requirement and that has its application fee is under $70. This isn't too much

On school that offers scholarship, you will have to use google. Search with this string: Affordable US Universities for Masters in Business Program with scholarship.

I will advice you to focus on "state universities" as they are mostly affordable, and usually offer scholarship. . Good luck!

Glorious0:
Please, I need assistance. I am open to suggestions or even critics as I know there's sense in anything another can perceive as nonsense. Please, help me o. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Abacino007(m): 7:29pm On Dec 10, 2018
Abacino007:
Good evening,

Pls I need your suggestions urgently as I will be going for my interview soon. My uncle and my Aunty will be sponsoring my trip to the US but when I was filling my Ds160 the availabile space could not contain the two names so I filled my aunty.

1. Is it reasonable for me to tell the VO that my Aunty and my uncle will be responsible for my expenses over there even if I did not state my uncle’s name in the ds160 form? Note: my uncle’s account is his company’s account

2. What is the maximum period a statement of account should be? Is 29th of October not too late

Pardon my errors pls

Please help respond to my case.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pefuele(m): 7:30pm On Dec 10, 2018
Beblessedbaba:
Good evening guys. Please does anyone know any budget hotel close to the Abuja Embassy.... Feedback will be appreciated

You can check federal civil service hotel.The room is quite cozy and it is surrounded by water fountains .The room rate is N9,000 plus...depending on the room you want.It is also close to the consulate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 7:33pm On Dec 10, 2018
You can say you'll be sponsored by your Uncle and your Aunt. It is acceptable, irrespective of whose name you mentioned on the dsform. When asked, who is your sponsor or paying for this, answer the question as the case may be. I will advice you should get updated statement of account from both sponsors. It is important.

I wish you a successful interview outcome.
Abacino007:

Please help respond to my case.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 7:34pm On Dec 10, 2018
You can say you'll be sponsored by your Uncle and your Aunt. It is acceptable, irrespective of whose name you mentioned on the dsform. When asked, who is your sponsor or paying for this, answer the question as the case may be. I will advice you should get updated statement of account from both sponsors. It is important.

Abacino007:
Good evening,

Pls I need your suggestions urgently as I will be going for my interview soon. My uncle and my Aunty will be sponsoring my trip to the US but when I was filling my Ds160 the availabile space could not contain the two names so I filled my aunty.

1. Is it reasonable for me to tell the VO that my Aunty and my uncle will be responsible for my expenses over there even if I did not state my uncle’s name in the ds160 form? Note: my uncle’s account is his company’s account

2. What is the maximum period a statement of account should be? Is 29th of October not too late

Pardon my errors pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by martAKINOLA(m): 7:43pm On Dec 10, 2018
martineverest:
anyone going for interview on Wednesday,12th?
yes brov this is my number reach me 09031779868
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by rennyvik: 8:03pm On Dec 10, 2018
Anyone going to praire view a&m university should email me on: rennyvik@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pefuele(m): 8:12pm On Dec 10, 2018
fairheart:

An SOA six months to your interview date is acceptable.However,a recent and updated one is highly preferable.
You can say your aunty is your sponsor while your uncle is your co-sponsor.The clue about sponsor is that the balance in your account should more than cover your tution and living expenses for 9months as it is written on your i-20.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Prosper123: 8:15pm On Dec 10, 2018
Please I need help. How do I pay application fee for a university in the US. The option in the web is just credit card, no debit card option or any other option that I can use.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pefuele(m): 8:26pm On Dec 10, 2018
[quote author=jerrypeacelinks post=73716441]Hello house,

1. I had been denied twice last year in Spring 2018 (November and December). I decided to take a one year break before showing up at the embassy again. In that period, I added a travel history (South Africa - went for a two week vacation), and presently I am on a new job roll in my bank. Last year I was an ATM custodianand now I operate as a Cash Officer. I want to know, if asked, what have changed in your application or why you think you are qualified now, how best do i respond to this question? This is the only headache I have got now. Though I am not married yet.

2. While filling my DS160, I added my current job role (Cash officer in the same bank). But I am confused about the date to put. Do i still maintain the date when I got employed with the bank (since i have not changed firms), or do I put the date the promotion/ move to a new job role was effected? RECALL: They usually ask HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WORKING hence my confusion.

Thanks.
Obviously,if you know why you were denied you should know what could have changed in your application.What changed in your application should address this and this may be your person.You may also post your transcript to be critiqued if you remember.
Your new job is not as important as how the degree you are pursuing will help you in your current job.Yeap,you can add your new role on the DS-160 but your potential degree must offer career advancement.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by martineverest(m): 8:33pm On Dec 10, 2018
martAKINOLA:

yes brov this is my number reach me 09031779868
trying to call u,but switched off
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 8:37pm On Dec 10, 2018
You can use your debit card.
Prosper123:
Please I need help. How do I pay application fee for a university in the US. The option in the web is just credit card, no debit card option or any other option that I can use.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by emandman: 9:05pm On Dec 10, 2018
Hello people make una shared transcript biko
The thing scarce this season o

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Awilibogy(m): 9:36pm On Dec 10, 2018
fairheart:
You may not find what you are looking for: school that will offer Master's admission without paying application fee. If you are talking about undergraduate application, I can point to over 10 schools. But for masters? Hmm. Find a school you strongly believe you will meet its admission requirement and that has its application fee is under $70. This isn't too much

On school that offers scholarship, you will have to use google. Search with this string: Affordable US Universities for Masters in Business Program with scholarship.

I will advice you to focus on "state universities" as they are mostly affordable, and usually offer scholarship. . Good luck!

The Boss@ Fairheart,

I need help with 5 names of universities without application fees for undergraduates, someone special needs it boss thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by yuscodguy(m): 9:39pm On Dec 10, 2018
Awilibogy:

The Boss@ Fairheart,

I need help with 5 names of universities without application fees for undergraduates, someone special needs it boss thanks.

There is an app for that process where you can apply to many schools for free but i have forgotten sha
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Awilibogy(m): 9:46pm On Dec 10, 2018
yuscodguy:

There is an app for that process where you can apply to many schools for free but i have forgotten sha

The Boss abeg try remember.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Best201195(m): 9:54pm On Dec 10, 2018
Awilibogy:

The Boss abeg try remember.

Use commonapp.org You can apply to almost 70% of all US schools without paying any application fee. Just pick 'fee waiver' during your application.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by yuscodguy(m): 10:25pm On Dec 10, 2018
yuscodguy:

i now remember you can use common app to apply to several schools for free
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 2shywayne1: 10:58pm On Dec 10, 2018
Had my interview today and it was hell....please help me look through,am open to suggestion and corrections, I need to know where I got it wrong.... The conversation goes thus :
Me : Good morning ma (with a smile)
Vo:Good morning,pass me ur passport and I20
Vo: Why did u choose this school?
Me: I choose Baltimore city community college because of it standard and content of education they offer and the fact that they emphasis more on the likes of the course's I'd be taking
Vo: Did you write any standardized exam's?
Me: No ma
Vo: Have you travelled before?
Me: No ma ,have never heard any cause to travel
Vo: Am sorry u do not qualify for a visa ,handed me my passport and a blue paper

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kaylhey20: 10:59pm On Dec 10, 2018
Awilibogy:

The Boss@ Fairheart,

Try commonapp.org, but not all the universities have free application . I can still remember some like Washington and Lee university, WHITWORTH university, and some others.
I had a PDF that contains ample information about these including test requirements, and so on for each university. But, try to apply ASAP because most universities have early deadline of at most Jan 15...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by yuscodguy(m): 11:03pm On Dec 10, 2018
2shywayne1:
Had my interview today and it was hell....please help me look through,am open to suggestion and corrections, I need to know where I got it wrong.... The conversation goes thus :
Me : Good morning ma (with a smile)
Vo:Good morning,pass me ur passport and I20
Vo: Why did u choose this school?
Me: I choose Baltimore city community college because of it standard and content of education they offer and the fact that they emphasis more on the likes of the course's I'd be taking
Vo: Did you write any standardized exam's?
Me: No ma
Vo: Have you travelled before?
Me: No ma ,have never heard any cause to travel
Vo: Am sorry u do not qualify for a visa ,handed me my passport and a blue paper

I will say the VO decided after asking about your standardize test and you said no, this is one of the reason people do advice we write this exams so that they wont have any where to grap us.
I feel your pain, better luck next time

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 2shywayne1: 11:09pm On Dec 10, 2018
yuscodguy:

I will say the VO decided after asking about your standardize test and you said no, this is one of the reason people do advice we write this exams so that they wont have any where to grap us.

But it wasn't required by my school

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kaylhey20: 11:20pm On Dec 10, 2018
yuscodguy:

And also with the school being a community college, I'm sure that is what made the vo asked if you wrote a standardised test.

My opinion anyways
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by yuscodguy(m): 11:20pm On Dec 10, 2018
2shywayne1:

But it wasn't required by my school

You do it for interview sake

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ollypapi(m): 11:35pm On Dec 10, 2018
Hello all,
Pls I hav some questions to ask.
I'm applying for second degree cos I found myself in a new field of course after graduation.
I open a fixed deposit account apart from my sponsor account I'm taking along.
Pls what do u see to this?

I want to know if is a good idea.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 2shywayne1: 12:20am On Dec 11, 2018
yuscodguy:

You do it for interview sake

Okay thanks, I'd do it and still refire the same school

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.