Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (796305 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tizentos: 4:53am On Dec 24, 2018
Hi guys,

Who have used Royal Air Maroc or planning to use the airline. How many check-in bags are allowed, I'm seeing two different things online, pleases bosses in the house, kindly clarify. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dwilliams707: 5:07am On Dec 24, 2018
Olivagold:
please gurus in the house,help me review my transcipt as i have my interview soon..

me:good morning

VO:morning,pass me your passport and i20
ME:i did

VO:why going to the US
ME:am going for my masters degree at california state university east bay to study construction management.

VO:why US
ME:apart from travelling being an education,its a known fact that a degree in the united state is well respected and highly ranked therefore i see my self having my second degree there as a good decision and this will immensely add to my credentials

VO:how did you get to know about the schhool
ME:my aumty whos an alumni of the school tell me and i browse more about the school

VO:how many schools did you apply for?
ME:2

VO:name them
ME:california and colorado

VO:why california
ME:two years ago,i meet with the schhol representative at college fair centre onikan, VI. and he told me more about the school and said its one of the university that has great research opportunity in the field i'll be studying,Also from research its one of the few university that offer best curriculum for construction management and world class construction equipment and now they are delving into technologically based building where you have all the component remotely controlled.

VO:why construction management
ME:billions of naira are ignorantly wasted yearly on construction project in nigeria due to lack of sound knowlegde of construction management being incoporated into construction techniques and engineering,most of this project get abandon before there completion and this has greatly impacted our economy negatively,Also the 4m's(material,money,machine and manpower)are not optimumly utilise and poor design implementation.

VO:when did you graduate
ME:2017

VO:what have you been doing since then
ME:have been working in xyz construction company as a site engineer,a company that builds with EPS another building material apart from the conventional hollow sancrete block

VO:what are you intend doing upon graduation
ME:i'm driven by the determination of a better nigeria,immediate community and the world at large,i beleieve with my profound practical knowledge in civil engineering and construction management i can start a career with dynamic organisation that promote creativities and put into use what have acquired,i can also set up a consultancy firm to work for both private and public sectos and can also work in an academic institution.

VO:who's your sponsor
ME:my dad

VO:whats he doing
ME:hes an engineer and owns a construction firm

VO:are you married
ME:no,but i have a kid

ill be approving your visa

please gurus in the house help me review this transcipt as ill be there on 31st dec.
pleaseeeeeeeeeeee
pleaseeeeeeeeee
pleaseeeee
please
TELL ME WHERE I NEED ADJUSTMENT AND WHERE I NEED TO FINE TUNE.
GOD BLESS US.

Bro it’s important we discuss something,how can I reach you on phone ? It’s important
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dwilliams707: 6:12am On Dec 24, 2018
Auggie01:
Hello everyone, i need an advice. I got fall admission to study at BGSU and went for my interview in august but i was denied. I had to defer, the problem now is that i was told there is no mba admission for spring till fall semester next year. Now i have another admission and i-20 from MSU for spring. I’m feeling indifferent about transfering my sevis to msu and schedule an interview or i just wait till fall 2019 for bgsu admission. Advice! Advice! Pls.. will going with msu mba spring i-20 go well with the VO.

Hello bro we need to talk,how can I reach you sir?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by akpumping30(m): 6:25am On Dec 24, 2018
Good day house , plz what can I do .... My Visa interview is five days to my school ( SMSU ) resumption date , which the orientation date is the date of my interview day , I mail the school and I was told they can't issue me extension letter and also I must be in the orientation seminar.. what can I do plz ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:52am On Dec 24, 2018
tizentos:
Hi guys,

Who have used Royal Air Maroc or planning to use the airline. How many check-in bags are allowed, I'm seeing two different things online, pleases bosses in the house, kindly clarify. Thanks

I haven't used Air Marco but most airlines have the same allowance for Africa to USA journey

2 pieces of baggage weighing 23 kg each plus a hand luggage .

For more details see source below . http://m.royalairmaroc.com/qa-en-mobile/Mobile/More-information/Baggage

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by KingStefan(m): 7:17am On Dec 24, 2018
Very solid responses.
Congratulations!
Kirusky4life:
I had my interview on 4th December at Lagos Embassy.

V.O: Good Morning, Can I have your Passport and I.20
Me: I obliged.
V.O: What course are you going to study?
Me: Am going for my graduate studies in Computer science at TAMUC
V.O: Why Computer science:
Me: I did computer science as my under graduate course, during that time, I developed a penchant for programming. It has been something am very passionate about, so I decided to get an advance degree and specialized in the field.
V.O: How did you hear about the school?
Me: I was doing a research online on school that offers database administration as an option in computer science, TAMUC was one of the schools I came across.
V.O: Why do you want to specialize in Database administration?
Me: (I didn’t prepare for this, but I had to come up with something). Database insecurity is one of the major problems facing Nigeria at the moment, we hear every time about people’s account being hacked in and the issue of cyber-theft is not left out. All these challenges are cropping up because of the poor implementation of the database servers. I want to specialize in this area so that I can contribute to combating these acts.
V.O: Did you apply to other schools?
Me: I applied to three schools, MTSU, Illinois state university and TAMUC
V.O: Did they all admit you?
Me: YES
V.O: so why TAMUC?
Me: The computer science department at TAMUC has a research area that most interest me and can benefit Nigeria if well detected. That is on Database SQL Injection and The implementation of ACID property of a database. Also I was awarded $1000 scholarship which also qualifies me for in-state tuition.
V.O: What is SQL Injection?
Me: SQL Injection is a technique used by Database hackers to add their own SQL code to the database via website input thereby making the database work out of the normal ways and work as they intended.
V.O: (He types something that looks like forever and continued). How did you hear of these research?
Me: My course advisor told me about it during one of our conversations.
V.O: and what did they find out after the research?
Me: The research is still ongoing, which is why am keen to know more about it.
V.O: Did you write any standard test?
Me: Yes, I wrote TOEFL and GRE
V.O: Who is sponsoring your trip?
Me: My cousin
V.O: Do you have is statement of account?
Me: Yes. Passed it on.
V.O: (He looked at it and returned it, then started typing again and brought out a white paper, wrote something on it and returned it with my passport and I.20). Your scholarship is not reflecting on your sevis profile, update it and submit your evidence and passport to us via DHL. No need for you to come back here to submit. Go through the paper I give you and see what you have to do.
Me: Okay. Thank you sir

I just sent the updated I.20 today and the dhl said it will be delivered within 21 working days. Please any1 sent additional documents to the embassy recently, How long did it take to deliver it. The thought of that 21 days is killing. school starts on 10th January.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kirusky4life(f): 7:32am On Dec 24, 2018
Thanks man. Good morning. But am still under AP o. And resumption is fast approaching. Please doesn't embassy consider resumption date on i20 for f1 during this AP of a thing? And now they won't work until Thursday. God do something o b4 something do me��
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by BikeMan: 8:17am On Dec 24, 2018
Kirusky4life:
Thanks man. Good morning. But am still under AP o. And resumption is fast approaching. Please doesn't embassy consider resumption date on i20 for f1 during this AP of a thing? And now they won't work until Thursday. God do something o b4 something do me��
when is your resumption?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ogm070: 9:00am On Dec 24, 2018
I answered her questions with confidence but the painful part is she asked me just two questions and that's all,at least she should have drill me with lots of questions that will prove my sincerity.
dj4wealth:

1. I think the woman is a psychologist. She can clearly read people's mind. You need confidence.
2. Canada made it more difficult for Nigerians because of all manners or people arriving in US and walking into Canada same week. Canadian govt felt US embassy is so weak.

I have appeared before the black American lady withing the last 12 months and was amazed with the level some of our proposed student answer questions before the woman (I was standing patiently behind people and NO was the answer that comes to my mind.

Do your assignment well and be prepared.
Some months ago while waiting patiently on the queue, this black VO asked a lady she was interviewing what she is doing presently, the proposed student said she is a school teacher, teaching in a primary school. She further asked what subject, the response was i teach them all subject. This is a lady going to US to study MSc Computer engineering. The next question - What do you intend to do after completetion of your degree? She just went blank - next is blue paper from the beautiful black VO.

Next person was a guy going for his Msc too.
BVO: Who will sponsor your trip
guy: My uncle
BVO: What does he do?
guy: He is a car dealer
BVO: Is he going to use all the fund in his account to fund your tuition fee?
guy: .......blank --(1st failure)
BVO: when you finish your study what do you intend to do with it?
guy: I come back home to join the family business.
BVO: what business is that?
guy: Selling cars.
BVO: ..... (blue paper straight).

Next: Me
After our conversation, she smiled and asked me what question other questions should she ask me? I smiled back and simply tell her I am here with her (for my mind nah die we go die here together).

The fact is that a lot of people go there unprepared and that (1)makes the success rate very low and (2) creates more problem for those with genuine case.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Solonzo17(m): 9:30am On Dec 24, 2018
Good day wonderful people in house... Please I need help , I want write TOEFL but I can't afford $195 at the moment ... Please help a brother. People with heart of Gold
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kirusky4life(f): 9:31am On Dec 24, 2018
BikeMan:
when is your resumption?
10th Jan
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gewezzy1(f): 10:43am On Dec 24, 2018
Kirusky4life:
10th Jan
please i sent a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olivagold: 10:45am On Dec 24, 2018
dwilliams707:

Bro it’s important we discuss something,how can I reach you on phone ? It’s important

check your email bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olivagold: 10:46am On Dec 24, 2018
dwilliams707:

check your email bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 10:46am On Dec 24, 2018
Kirusky4life:
10th Jan
was it the updated i20 and passport only that the embassy requested from u?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by BikeMan: 11:31am On Dec 24, 2018
Kirusky4life:
10th Jan
Mhen! By God's grace, you would soon be cleared
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kirusky4life(f): 11:37am On Dec 24, 2018
jerrypeacelinks:

was it the updated i20 and passport only that the embassy requested from u?
Yes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nutshell44: 1:03pm On Dec 24, 2018
Got to the US yesterday.....I must confess. This place is another world entirely. grin wink

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by npmi(f): 1:56pm On Dec 24, 2018
Nutshell44:
Got to the US yesterday.....I must confess. This place is another world entirely. grin wink
And so?? we should cook beans
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by yuscodguy(m): 1:59pm On Dec 24, 2018
Nutshell44:

Welcome to the new world we upcoming will join you guys soon by God's grace Amen

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by BikeMan: 2:05pm On Dec 24, 2018
npmi:
nawa for you o

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gewezzy1(f): 2:39pm On Dec 24, 2018
npmi:

lol haha why so angry?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kirusky4life(f): 3:01pm On Dec 24, 2018
npmi:

Guy no be nutshell deny you visa o. wetin na. Be happy with others so that reason for happiness go reach you too.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by clapper04: 3:13pm On Dec 24, 2018
Nutshell44:

Nice one bro. Go and succeed.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olalekank(m): 3:17pm On Dec 24, 2018
npmi:

I have a feeling your visa was rejected

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 3:19pm On Dec 24, 2018
npmi:

I want to assume this is sarcasm? If not, you are so full of hate and extremely dangerous human being. No be this guy deny you visa Biko. You can chose to ignore the guys comments rather than displaying this kinda hatred. Celebrate with him and yours will come soon. Merry Christmas �

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olalekank(m): 3:22pm On Dec 24, 2018
homirefacuny:

I want to assume this is sarcasm? If not, you are so full of hate and extremely dangerous human being. No be this guy deny you visa Biko. You can chose to ignore the guys comments rather than displaying this kinda hatred. Celebrate with him and yours will come soon. Merry Christmas �
Are you sure the reply won't be full of hate also. Someone like that doesn't even deserve to be given a visa, of course that's if he/she meant what was typed there. Spits
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sheq: 3:48pm On Dec 24, 2018
Best201195:
Hello, where can I get a WAEC scratch card? I went to WAEC office today and I was given a paper containing a pin which isn't acceptable for evaluation purposes. Please where can I get the scratch card? Somewhere in Ogun State or Ibadan.

Quite urgent please cry cry

same with me oo..i gave my school to forward it together with my transcript.... since i am not sending it myself maybe they will accept it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Best201195(m): 4:09pm On Dec 24, 2018
Sheq:

same with me oo..i gave my school to forward it together with my transcript.... since i am not sending it myself maybe they will accept it

I hope they accept it o. Some schools accept it but WES doesn't. Did you send it directly to your school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Best201195(m): 4:11pm On Dec 24, 2018
npmi:

Bitterness

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Rheenah: 4:53pm On Dec 24, 2018
Nutshell44:

What state?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nutshell44: 4:57pm On Dec 24, 2018
npmi:

Wow. You are not happy for others. How do u expect to get ur own happiness. Before I got my visa I always congratulate everyone who got theirs. And now I’m in the US.
Change ur mindset!!!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.