Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,627 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (797395 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 3:00pm On Dec 27, 2018
Please use the feedback option. Write to them today.

Use the following opening message:

Dear Sir/Ma,

This is a gentle reminder on my student visa application, currently on AP (Administrative Processing).
Please note that I am expected to resume at the (school name) on so so...

Then add other content as you may wish. It is possible they are trying to verifying some information related to sponsor or as it may be.

I hope they grant you the visa. So, I look forward to your good news.

Kirusky4life:

Orientation is on 10th January, and am meant to be present for it. classes starts 14th January

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Vandemoo: 3:12pm On Dec 27, 2018
Guys, will the prososed NLC strike affect international flights. I want to be sure before buying my ticket. Any ideas please.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by omoobaadeNGR: 3:27pm On Dec 27, 2018
Does anyone know how long it takes to get a decision from the consulate general on expedited interview appointment request?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 3:51pm On Dec 27, 2018
lol. No! Get your ticket if you have gotten your visa.
Vandemoo:
Guys, will the prososed NLC strike affect international flights. I want to be sure before buying my ticket. Any ideas please.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 3:52pm On Dec 27, 2018
Roughly 2 days, if there is no holiday.
omoobaadeNGR:
Does anyone know how long it takes to get a decision from the consulate general on expedited interview appointment request?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by elevatedmind: 3:53pm On Dec 27, 2018
omoobaadeNGR:

A few hours. I requested for such in the early hours of the day (say between 2-4am) and I got a response 7:17am (I just checked my email to confirm).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kirusky4life(f): 4:02pm On Dec 27, 2018
fairheart:

Dear Sir/Ma,

This is a gentle reminder on my student visa application, currently on AP (Administrative Processing).

Then add other content as you may wish. It is possible they are trying to verifying some information related to sponsor or as it may be.

Alright. But am not sure it is a sponsor issue because they didn't retain any sponsor related documents. Only my new i20 and passport. I i will mail them now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by omoobaadeNGR: 4:03pm On Dec 27, 2018
fairheart:
Roughly 2 days, if there is no holiday.
Ok, thanks. They deferred my interview to January and I requested an expedited appointment afterwards, but they have not yet responded. I guess it's 2 business days then...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by omoobaadeNGR: 4:04pm On Dec 27, 2018
elevatedmind:

A few hours. I requested for such in the early hours of the day (say between 2-4am) and I got a response 7:17am (I just checked my email to confirm).

Ok, I guess the festive period has some effect on the process too...I requested since Saturday, yet no response
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by elevatedmind: 4:09pm On Dec 27, 2018
omoobaadeNGR:

Ok, I guess the festive period has some effect on the process too...I requested since Saturday, yet no response

Okay. All the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by omoobaadeNGR: 4:16pm On Dec 27, 2018
elevatedmind:

Okay. All the best.

Thank you. Was your request successful?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by EELORHOR: 5:23pm On Dec 27, 2018

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by EELORHOR: 6:08pm On Dec 27, 2018
Hi, i have been a silent observer of this thread, the numerous advices from the gurus of this house, @walspring, @lagosismyhome, @twoods although i didn't personally ask you guys questions, but the numerous advices and constructive criticism that you gave is a blessing to us, and i ask one thing keep touching lives and your reward is bountiful. @Mayorboi thank you very much for the continuous hammeringon my preparing, on getting my documents ready and the coaching and mock interviews you according me, thank you very much boss.

One thing please don't slack on prayers, please i repeat don't slack on prayers.

My interview was on 6:30 this morning 27th of Dec. 2018.
So I got to the embassy by 5am & met them 'staple your docs & get coloured copy of your data page' people. Thankful for the knowledge I acquired here...
I was interviewed by a white guy on window 4.

This guy was not smiling as he had recently given two applicants before the blue paper, i was nervous chai. Which kind line they put me oohhh.....

Vo: "Good morning".
Me: "Good morning."

Vo: "How are you?"
Me: "I am fine thank you, how are you?"

Vo: (ignores my response and question)"Your Passport and I-20 please "
Me:" Passes Documents. "

Vo: (After looking at my documents and typing for a while) "What are you goingto study?"
Me: "Evironmental Science from SIUE, i will be focusing on Environmental biology. "

Vo: "What do you want to do?"
Me: "( i no understand this question ooh, i no get prepared answer ooh)Pardon?"

Vo: "What do you want to do with Environmental biology"
Me: "I want to study Environmental Biology in order to get the necessary skills and tools required to solve the numerous environmental problem, using "*Vo cuts in*
Vo: "You are not telling me what you want to do with Environmental biology. "
Me: *a little bit tense, because this dude just stopped my flow of rehearsed answers*, I am getting there.
Vo: "Well you have to get there faster!"
Me: *sigh to calm myself*, "Well i want to study environmental biology so that i can be able to reduce the amount of pollutants in the environment, using Phyto remediation technology. "

Vo: "Phyto remediation technology, can you tell me what phyto remediation is?"
Me: "well Phyto remediation is the use of plants to remediate the environment, using processes phytostabilization and phyovolatization. "

Vo: "What is phytovolatization?"
Me:" P.v is the processes of using plants that are bioaccumalators, to absorb contaminants and through transpiration these contaminants are released back into the environment, in a volatile state that is easily degraded. "

Vo: "Okay, how did you learn about this School?"
Me: "I stumbled on a research paper while doing a term paper during my undergraduate on the developement of bla bla bla, by a prof. bla bla in SIUE. This was what peaked my interest in SIUE,"

Vo: "How many Schools, did you apply to?"
Me: "Four, SIUE, USFC, Texas State Uni and Unilag. "

Vo: "Why did you choose SIUE,"
Me: "I chose SIUE, because Coupled with the scholarship( vo looks at i-20 to verify) the school granted to me, i am interested in joining prof bla bla's research team on the developement of bla bla bla, i have been in contact with him and he has accepted me into his team in my arrival to school. "

Vo:"Ooh i see the Scholarship now. Who is going to pay for the rest of your tution?"
Me: "Told him. "

Vo: "Okay, can you mention some plants used in "Phytoremediation (looked away to type somemore)
Me: *nice i done get you* "Well you have ficcus microcarpa common name Bonsai tree, Barley, Duckweed, Canabis Sativa*Vo cuts in smilling*

Vo: "Canabis, you mean Marijuana? "
Me: "*laughing* yes indian hemp. "

Vo: Picks white paper and says the magic words. It was really magical. People who have experienced this can confirm.

I advice you prepare well and don't cram your responses as it kinda irritates the impatient ones, clear and concise answers would do, listen to the questions and be bold and confident, do prior research in whatever yoh say gou want to go and study and research because thet can ask technical questions there, so you don't shoot yourself in the foot

Also i cannot stop saying this Please pray and trust God .

I hereby usher in more Spring 2019 approved visa transcripts.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by elevatedmind: 6:37pm On Dec 27, 2018
omoobaadeNGR:

Thank you. Was your request successful?

Yeah
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by omoobaadeNGR: 6:54pm On Dec 27, 2018
elevatedmind:

Yeah

Great! When is your appointment? And is there a particular way to affix one's passport photo to the printed form at the consulate?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 27, 2018
Nutshell44:

International student advisor or coordinator
Merry Christmas bro. Can I use the same passport photo I used in my last ds160?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kirusky4life(f): 7:58pm On Dec 27, 2018
fairheart:

Dear Sir/Ma,

Hello house. Gudpm all. B4 I could send this mail to the embassy. I decided to check my status and behold, it has changed to 'ISSUED'
Thanks all for ur positivity. Now patiently waiting for my passports

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by slamcole(m): 8:07pm On Dec 27, 2018
Congratulations to you.

EELORHOR:
Hi, i have been a silent observer of this thread, the numerous advices from the gurus of this house, @walspring, @lagosismyhome, @twoods although i didn't personally ask you guys questions, but the numerous advices and constructive criticism that you gave is a blessing to us, and i ask one thing keep touching lives and your reward is bountiful. @Mayorboi thank you very much for the continuous hammeringon my preparing, on getting my documents ready and the coaching and mock interviews you according me, thank you very much boss.

One thing please don't slack on prayers, please i repeat don't slack on prayers.

So I got to the embassy by 5am & met them 'staple your docs & get coloured copy of your data page' people. Thankful for the knowledge I acquired here...

This guy was not smiling as he had recently given two applicants before the blue paper, i was nervous chai. Which kind line they put me oohhh.....

Vo: (After looking at my documents and typing for a while) "What are you goingto study?"
Me: "Evironmental Science from SIUE, i will be focusing on Environmental biology. "

Me: "I want to study Environmental Biology in order to get the necessary skills and tools required to solve the numerous environmental problem, using "*Vo cuts in*
Me: *a little bit tense, because this dude just stopped my flow of rehearsed answers*, I am getting there.
Me: *sigh to calm myself*, "Well i want to study environmental biology so that i can be able to reduce the amount of pollutants in the environment, using Phyto remediation technology. "

Me: "well Phyto remediation is the use of plants to remediate the environment, using processes phytostabilization and phyovolatization. "

Me:" P.v is the processes of using plants that are bioaccumalators, to absorb contaminants and through transpiration these contaminants are released back into the environment, in a volatile state that is easily degraded. "

Me: "I stumbled on a research paper while doing a term paper during my undergraduate on the developement of bla bla bla, by a prof. bla bla in SIUE. This was what peaked my interest in SIUE,"

Me: "I chose SIUE, because Coupled with the scholarship( vo looks at i-20 to verify) the school granted to me, i am interested in joining prof bla bla's research team on the developement of bla bla bla, i have been in contact with him and he has accepted me into his team in my arrival to school. "

Vo:"Ooh i see the Scholarship now. Who is going to pay for the rest of your tution?"

Vo: "Okay, can you mention some plants used in "Phytoremediation (looked away to type somemore)
Me: *nice i done get you* "Well you have ficcus microcarpa common name Bonsai tree, Barley, Duckweed, Canabis Sativa*Vo cuts in smilling*

Vo: Picks white paper and says the magic words. It was really magical. People who have experienced this can confirm.

I advice you prepare well and don't cram your responses as it kinda irritates the impatient ones, clear and concise answers would do, listen to the questions and be bold and confident, do prior research in whatever yoh say gou want to go and study and research because thet can ask technical questions there, so you don't shoot yourself in the foot

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TheZed(m): 8:09pm On Dec 27, 2018
EELORHOR:

congratulations

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by slamcole(m): 8:10pm On Dec 27, 2018
Hello guys, seasons greetings to you. I'll appreciate if anyone here has someone schooling in university of southern Mississippi, need someone who can accommodate me pending the time I sort my apartment. Will also like to know if anyone is traveling to Mississippi come January. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 8:11pm On Dec 27, 2018
EELORHOR:

Wow!! Congratulations dear. The VO is kinda funny. See you soon buddy.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pat006: 8:11pm On Dec 27, 2018
Evening all. Please what's the consequences of traveling to US four days after resumption??

Answers please.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 8:12pm On Dec 27, 2018
Kirusky4life:

Hello house. Gudpm all. B4 I could send this mail to the embassy. I decided to check my status and behold, it has changed to 'ISSUED'

At last !!!
Congrats you deserve it dear. See you soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by BikeMan: 8:44pm On Dec 27, 2018
Kirusky4life:

That's one good news. Congrats cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by BikeMan: 8:45pm On Dec 27, 2018
Congratulations EELORHOR

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TeeD(m): 8:52pm On Dec 27, 2018
I've been a silent follower on this thread but been greatly helped by folks here.
Visa approved on October 4th 2018, Lagos office. three months late, sorry guys for posting this late.

Here is my transcript:

Thursday 4th October 2018. About 7.00am
Took about 4 mins.
White dude in early 30s

Exchanged pleasantries.

VO: Pass your passport
A: (passed it under the hole)

VO: What are you going to do in the US?
A: For my master's degree in electrical engineering at Marquette University

VO: Pass me your I-20
A: (passes it under the hole)

**types for a while**

VO: So, tell me about your educational background
A: I graduated in early 2015 with a bachelors in electrical engineering from University of Ibadan.

VO: (looks at the screen) And you work as a software designer now?
A: Yeah. Software engineer at V*** group.

VO: (stares at my I-20 and sees my financial aid) Oh, I see you have some financial aid?
A: yes, full funding. (VO echoes “full funding”)

VO: Did you write any standardized tests?
A: Yes, GRE and TOEFL.

VO: What was your GRE score?
A: 323 (pronounced three-twenty-three, and didn’t mentioned the score on each component)

VO: How many schools did you apply to?
A: Six in total

VO: Can you list them?
A: Texas A&M, Oregon state uni, Kansas state uni, Binghamton uni at New York, Michigan tech uni and Marquette uni

VO: (staring at resumption date 7/Jan on I-20) You’ve come here so early?
A: Yeah (with smiles, already very happy, just waiting for the white paper, lol)

VO: Are you married?
A: No

VO: Do you have any kids?

VO: I’m approving your visa blah blah blah. Gave me white paper…
A: I didn’t focus anymore, was just thanking God cheesy grin

Profile:
My Financial aid stated on I-20 was more than cost of attendance $39k>$36k
Earn over 300k/month gross as software engineer
No close relative in the US
25yr old with 2+ yrs work experience

My $0.02:
When filling DS160, “package” your work history and pay attention to every detail
Prepare for and take the GRE (pool of schools to apply to, GRE ‘prepares’ you for grad school life and VO thinks you’re an intending immigrant if you didn’t take it)
Apply to 3+ schools (increases your chances of getting funded and VO wants to see you’re a ‘normal’ applicant)
G-factor important too.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 9:04pm On Dec 27, 2018
TeeD:
I've been a silent follower on this thread but been greatly helped by folks here.
Visa approved on October 4th 2018, Lagos office. three months late, sorry guys for posting this late.

Here is my transcript:

Took about 4 mins.
White dude in early 30s

Exchanged pleasantries.

**types for a while**

A: I graduated in early 2015 with a bachelors in electrical engineering from University of Ibadan.

VO: (stares at my I-20 and sees my financial aid) Oh, I see you have some financial aid?

A: 323 (pronounced three-twenty-three, and didn’t mentioned the score on each component)

A: Texas A&M, Oregon state uni, Kansas state uni, Binghamton uni at New York, Michigan tech uni and Marquette uni

A: Yeah (with smiles, already very happy, just waiting for the white paper, lol)

Profile:

My $0.02:
When filling DS160, “package” your work history and pay attention to every detail
Prepare for and take the GRE (pool of schools to apply to, GRE ‘prepares’ you for grad school life and VO thinks you’re an intending immigrant if you didn’t take it)
Apply to 3+ schools (increases your chances of getting funded and VO wants to see you’re a ‘normal’ applicant)
G-factor important too.
This was a stroll in the park really. Lol
Congratulations. The VO was very impressed with the funding that’s why he echoed it. Congrats again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olalekank(m): 9:06pm On Dec 27, 2018
TeeD:
Visa approved on October 4th 2018, Lagos office. three months late, sorry guys for posting this late..

Profile:

My $0.02:
G-factor important too.
Congratulations!
The VO seemed to be very happy.

=========================================
2 yrs+ experience in this same software engr. Abeg show me the way, what stack do you write?

We also appreciate your 2 cents ($0.02)

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CuteRedd(f): 9:22pm On Dec 27, 2018
@Olalekank Compliments of the season bro! How are you preparing for GRE? grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CuteRedd(f): 9:23pm On Dec 27, 2018
@TeeD congrats bro see you in V** Annex wink smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TheZed(m): 9:34pm On Dec 27, 2018
TeeD:

Here is my transcript:

Took about 4 mins.
White dude in early 30s

Exchanged pleasantries.

**types for a while**

Profile:

My $0.02:
G-factor important too.
Congratulations
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 9:37pm On Dec 27, 2018
God bless you!
Kirusky4life:

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.