Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (794737 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Abacino007(m): 1:38pm On Jan 08, 2019
Good day Fam,

Compliment of the season Everyone. My visa was denied yesterday at Abuja Embassy. Just two questions and straight denial.

How did you get this school?

Firstly from Prof Taylor who is a professor of Economics at CMU and I did my personal research about the school

How many schools did you apply to?
CMU, WSU, MSU and WIU

Why did you apply to those schools?

they all have low faculty to student ratio, which means faculty members can spend more time working individually with student

Green paper

Note the resumption date on my i20 is also the same day my school resumes. (interview 7th of Jan and school resumes same 7th of Jan )
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 1:57pm On Jan 08, 2019
Abacino007:
Good day Fam,

Compliment of the season Everyone. My visa was denied yesterday at Abuja Embassy. Just two questions and straight denial.

Firstly from Prof Taylor who is a professor of Economics at CMU and I did my personal research about the school

CMU, WSU, MSU and WIU

they all have low faculty to student ratio, which means faculty members can spend more time working individually with student

Green paper

Note the resumption date on my i20 is also the same day my school resumes. (interview 7th of Jan and school resumes same 7th of Jan )

Which of the CMU? If it's California miramar university, forget it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jiggsbaby: 2:13pm On Jan 08, 2019
Hey guys please I need ur opinion on this last time I went for an interview which was during my second trial.it went well than the first one the VO was very attentive me...everything went well until when she asked about my sponsor and I told her it was my mom and I also told her what she does for a living and the VO asked for my statement of account which had a closing balance of 3 million but the inflow and outflow was up to 44 million and I took it thinking that they would consider the inflow and outflow because some of the money was invested into business a month before i came for the interview.so she took the statement and typed for a while and I also told her I paid 85 percent of my tuition fee and I gave her document to show this..she typed for a while and took the statement with her and left the window and asked me to give her a moment she spent like 5 mins and when she got back she gave me the statement and typed for a while and said that she can’t issue me Visa this time blah blah blah and i left..

So do u think my statement of account was the major flaw?

Because my interview was the longest all those in front of me were not even asked for a statement of account at least 3 pple that went before I did

What do u guys think? Please hit me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Oeworldbest1: 2:22pm On Jan 08, 2019
Ubah1:

Which of the CMU? If it's California miramar university, forget it.
boss I printed my new appointment confirmation immediately after updating my ds160 number (last week). Hope the barcodes on my new ds160 and appointment confirmation will be the same cos I read one guy saying his barcodes weren't the same so he was turned back at the embassy. Thanks boss, you've really been of help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 2:39pm On Jan 08, 2019
Please restructure this question and I will be glad to answer it for you.

Giftedhands33:
Pls is not employed good for your visa application as you are going for your Re interview after 1st denial since you graduated in November.@lagosismyhome @fairheart.all the gurus pls kindly reply

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 2:42pm On Jan 08, 2019
Oeworldbest1:
boss I printed my new appointment confirmation immediately after updating my ds160 number (last week). Hope the barcodes on my new ds160 and appointment confirmation will be the same cos I read one guy saying his barcodes weren't the same so he was turned back at the embassy. Thanks boss, you've really been of help

If the update is successful, it should be the same. Just print a new appointment confirmation showing the new number.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 2:45pm On Jan 08, 2019
Yes, you know it yourself. She took the statement to her superior and I feel she was told you're not eligible based on the balance. It's not just the inflow or outlow that matters, but significant amount in balance, which directly shows you have adequate and available funds to pay for the tuition and fees.

Jiggsbaby:
Hey guys please I need ur opinion on this last time I went for an interview which was during my second trial.it went well than the first one the VO was very attentive me...everything went well until when she asked about my sponsor and I told her it was my mom and I also told her what she does for a living and the VO asked for my statement of account which had a closing balance of 3 million but the inflow and outflow was up to 44 million and I took it thinking that they would consider the inflow and outflow because some of the money was invested into business a month before i came for the interview.so she took the statement and typed for a while and I also told her I paid 85 percent of my tuition fee and I gave her document to show this..she typed for a while and took the statement with her and left the window and asked me to give her a moment she spent like 5 mins and when she got back she gave me the statement and typed for a while and said that she can’t issue me Visa this time blah blah blah and i left..

Because my interview was the longest all those in front of me were not even asked for a statement of account at least 3 pple that went before I did

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 2:48pm On Jan 08, 2019
You almost got it. The statement was to be blamed here. Tell your sponsor to steadily let more money stay in the account like 3-5 months to your interview. I will advise you to be patience as immediate reapplication may provoke another refusal. Take your time. You don't have to rush back.

Jiggsbaby:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jiggsbaby: 2:51pm On Jan 08, 2019
fairheart:
You almost got it. The statement was to be blamed here. Tell your sponsor to steadily let more money stay in the account like 3-5 months to your interview. I will advise you to be patience as immediate reapplication may provoke another refusal. Take your time. You don't have to rush back.

That was in September tho my next interview is next week
I am going with my own personal bank statement, my moms and step dad ...I would have used my step dads that period but u know how family issues can be

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jiggsbaby: 2:54pm On Jan 08, 2019
fairheart:
Yes, you know it yourself. She took the statement to her superior and I feel she was told you're not eligible based on the balance. It's not just the inflow or outlow that matters, but significant amount in balance, which directly shows you have adequate and available funds to pay for the tuition and fees.

I felt it..it immediately she came back and gave me blue paper ..that interview was the best I have gone and I enjoyed it I wasn’t even nervous compared to the first time ..when she took my statement I knew she wanted to ask her superior ..if the balance was more ..I know I would have somehow gotten it..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by abeeolars: 4:20pm On Jan 08, 2019
So sorry to hear about this. i agree with others on this. Kindly ensure there is sufficient balance next time and go with that same confidence.All the best.
Jiggsbaby:

I felt it..it immediately she came back and gave me blue paper ..that interview was the best I have gone and I enjoyed it I wasn’t even nervous compared to the first time ..when she took my statement I knew she wanted to ask her superior ..if the balance was more ..I know I would have somehow gotten it..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by abeeolars: 4:25pm On Jan 08, 2019
Awwwwn! To me i think you pretty did well. Personally i think your answer to what do you think has changed this time irritated her. Some of these Vo can be so funny atimes.

But dont give up bRO

jerrypeacelinks:
Visa approval delayed again Walter Carington by Slim lady VO in window 4. This was my third attempt and I was super confident. I swear.

(I am still in shock though as I can't fathom what happened or where I got it all wrong).

VO: Good morning?
Me: Good morning Ma'am

VO: Passport and I-20 please?

Me: I passed them.

VO: So why do you wanna study?

Me: Currently most Nigerian firms have become IT savvy and are migrating their customer relationship management systems to those that are big data compliant like the hadoop and big data and computing which is even one of the core courses I will be study in my school is relatively new here in Nigeria with a lot of prospects but there is a lack of indigenous professionals. So these firms, because they want to make better business decisions, grow their business, stay relevant in the ever changing business world, they resort to hire expatriates who are professionals from technologically advanced countries like the US to help analyze their data. So this void created by a lack of indigenous professionals has created this burning desire in me to delve into this field and with my background in computer science which has exposed me to curriculum in Maths and Stat like numerical analysis, operations research and so on, a masters in this course will equip me with the technical and analytical skills that I need to flourish as an effective data analyst when I return to Nigeria and will also ensure I fill the gap for a lack of indigenous professionals in the field. It will also help me secure a top paying job in one of the top multinational...

VO cuts me off and says: Oh yeah u mentioned there is a lack of indigenous professionals and this course will help you fit in.

Me: Yes Ma'am.

She continued: Did you apply to any other schools?
Me: Yes. I applied to two other schools asides TAMUK.

VO: OK. So why do you wanna study at TAMUK? Why did you choose them?

Me: There is this on going research on Big Data and Computing carried out by Professor Steven Sedory that I am interested in. This area is new here in Nigeria and has a lot of prospects.

Also, the Curriculm at TAMUK is designed in such a way that it permits flexibility. That's is to say it will allow me choose from electives in other programmes like operations research and numerical analysis that are in line with my career interest.

They also have great faculties and excellent research facilities like the Javelina algebra computer laboratory and the James C. Jernigan library which is one of the largest library in the whole of Texas with over 600,000 volumes of print books, journals and government publications.

Also....

VO: Did you write any entrance exams?
Me: Yes. I wrote a standardised test.

VO: Which of them?

Me: I sat for the GRE.

VO: What were your scores?

Me: I scored 299 overall. 149 in the verbal, 150 in the quantitative and 4.0 in the analytical writing.

VO: I see you have been here previously twice?

VO: so what do you think has changed in your profile?

Me: I believe I am more confident now.

VO: Okay, your confidence level? (smiles one devilish smile). Picks my passport and scans through to see my travel history.

Me: (maintaining eye contact from beginning to the end) and hoping for good news cos I recently visited South Africa in August.

VO: Who will be sponsoring your studies?

Me: (smiling) My dad.

VO: Well, sorry, you do not qualify at this time. (Dishes out the awful paper).

Me: Shocked. Took my property and left.

Till now, I am yet to factor out what was wrong. My brother waiting for me no even believe am. I have been thinking still and can't figure out what the matter is. Please gurus, what do you think went wrong?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fatsonm: 5:05pm On Jan 08, 2019
rsb18:
Visa approved this morning
USA embassy Abuja
Abuja makes sense... Fewer ppl than Lagos..cool environment... No unnecessary wahala...seats are comfortable...But Abuja dey expensive if u cannot look for cheap things.
Stayed in a the closest hotel to the embassy..optima hotel.. 5k per night... Na Hausa ppl plenty.. Food dey okay for UTC...Marwa na #50 drop.

School...Missouri University of Science and technology, rolla.

Gre...308
TOEFL...104
Full scholarship with a monthly stipend of $2019
PhD in chemistry
Finished B.sc last year

As much as dressing corporately is advised. I am a Muslim and I wear a long hijab that covers from my head down to my feet..

Me... Good morning ma
Vo...Good morning

Vo... Pass me ur i20 and passport
Me...passed them

Vo...Sincerely, I didn't hear the first question well. But I have read more than a 100 transcripts..I guessed it would be about the school.
Me.. I am going to Missouri university of science and technology

Vo...what's your PhD in?
Me...chemistry

Vo... Who's sponsoring you?
Me...I got a full time employment assistantship that qualifies me for a full tuition and supplementary fees waiver and a monthly stipend of $2019.

Vo...what will ur PhD do for u
Me... I will like to be a university lecturer and researcher in the university where I did my undergraduate degree

Vo.. Are you married with kids?
Me.. I'm married but no kids

Vo...Do you have family in the USA?
Me... No

Vo.. Will your husband be travelling with you (i asked her to repeat the question)
Me.. No ma, he's currently studying in Obafemi Awolowo University.

Vo.. I would be approving your visa..gave me a white paper.

I wasn't asked for any documents but I brought all the broughtables.

There are major mistakes that can ruin your interview even if you get admitted into Harvard.

Lack of confidence...smiling brings confidence.
I was nervous too..but I smiled from the beginning of the process till the end..that boosted my confidence.

Not looking into the consular's face.

Speaking in an inaudible tone

Not answering the exact questions asked

Other factors are based on the individual's specific case.

FILL YOUR DS160 YOURSELF
FILL YOUR DS160 YOURSELF
DON'T LIE IN THE FORM...BE SINCERE
Focus on your interview... Don't listen to bloody stories
Don't let the guys at the gate disturb u at all..No matter what they say, don't listen to them.
Take all the necessary things you need

Sorry, to ask. How were you able to get a direct PhD funding using just your Bsc.....?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 5:44pm On Jan 08, 2019
fatsonm:

Sorry, to ask. How were you able to get a direct PhD funding using just your Bsc.....?

Most US schools doesn't require masters for PhD

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:48pm On Jan 08, 2019
Abacino007:
Good day Fam,

CMU, WSU, MSU and WIU

Green paper

what the full school name of CMU

secondly personally i hate the law faculty reason . 99% of schools in america have adequate faculty ratio so that is not an edge . This is not Nigeria where one teach will teach a thousand students . For example in the UK , the law states that there must be one teacher for every 30 children in reception. So saying i choose this primary school because of the faculty ratio doesnt mean much , because isnt that what must schools have ??

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adekola87: 5:51pm On Jan 08, 2019
Pls I need clarification urgently
Have scheduled my appointment for the second time after been denied in the first atempt but I couldn't print my DS 160 confirmation page after submitted and got appointment date of which I printed my appointment schedule confirmation, when I tried to enter my application ID to preview and print my DS 160, response is no match found, pls can somebody enlite me on this, have I made a mistake ? Do I need to pay another visa fee to book another appointment ? Your response is highy needed urgently as my resumption is fast approaching
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fatsonm: 5:57pm On Jan 08, 2019
Ubah1:

Most US schools doesn't require masters for PhD

Thanks is it neccesary to take GRE(since Ielts is commonly waved for Nigerians).

How can one pick the the "test" to write between GMAT and GRE?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TheZed(m): 6:07pm On Jan 08, 2019
fatsonm:

Thanks is it neccesary to take GRE(since Ielts is commonly waved for Nigerians).

Browse through the website of the school you want to apply to so as to know their admission requirements. With that you will know the gpa, tests, transcript, major required to gain admission at the said school.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 6:23pm On Jan 08, 2019
fatsonm:

GRE is compulsory for most PhD program in USA. So it's important you write it. English test can be waived for most schools.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by biikeys(m): 7:09pm On Jan 08, 2019
jerrypeacelinks:
Visa approval delayed again Walter Carington by Slim lady VO in window 4. This was my third attempt and I was super confident. I swear.

(I am still in shock though as I can't fathom what happened or where I got it all wrong).

Me: Currently most Nigerian firms have become IT savvy and are migrating their customer relationship management systems to those that are big data compliant like the hadoop and big data and computing which is even one of the core courses I will be study in my school is relatively new here in Nigeria with a lot of prospects but there is a lack of indigenous professionals. So these firms, because they want to make better business decisions, grow their business, stay relevant in the ever changing business world, they resort to hire expatriates who are professionals from technologically advanced countries like the US to help analyze their data. So this void created by a lack of indigenous professionals has created this burning desire in me to delve into this field and with my background in computer science which has exposed me to curriculum in Maths and Stat like numerical analysis, operations research and so on, a masters in this course will equip me with the technical and analytical skills that I need to flourish as an effective data analyst when I return to Nigeria and will also ensure I fill the gap for a lack of indigenous professionals in the field. It will also help me secure a top paying job in one of the top multinational...

VO cuts me off and says: Oh yeah u mentioned there is a lack of indigenous professionals and this course will help you fit in.

Me: There is this on going research on Big Data and Computing carried out by Professor Steven Sedory that I am interested in. This area is new here in Nigeria and has a lot of prospects.

Also, the Curriculm at TAMUK is designed in such a way that it permits flexibility. That's is to say it will allow me choose from electives in other programmes like operations research and numerical analysis that are in line with my career interest.

They also have great faculties and excellent research facilities like the Javelina algebra computer laboratory and the James C. Jernigan library which is one of the largest library in the whole of Texas with over 600,000 volumes of print books, journals and government publications.

Also....

Me: I scored 299 overall. 149 in the verbal, 150 in the quantitative and 4.0 in the analytical writing.

VO: Okay, your confidence level? (smiles one devilish smile). Picks my passport and scans through to see my travel history.

Me: (maintaining eye contact from beginning to the end) and hoping for good news cos I recently visited South Africa in August.

Till now, I am yet to factor out what was wrong. My brother waiting for me no even believe am. I have been thinking still and can't figure out what the matter is. Please gurus, what do you think went wrong?

I think my question would be do you have any close family member abroad with shady immigration history..

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by biikeys(m): 7:10pm On Jan 08, 2019
Sosao:
Just got admitted to Morgan state university but had to defer till fall ...need more info on funding...
Love to meet people who will be attending this school
Thanks

Morgan typically funds most of their grad students. What info do you need? Were you told to defer as they sometimes do?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by biikeys(m): 7:14pm On Jan 08, 2019
Oeworldbest1:

PhD no dey get problem if you are well funded. My classmate wasn't even asked any question, the woman just said what course, he answered, next thing visa is approved. How many Americans want do PhD and PhD is the real research, masters research na fake research.

$2019 what a coincidence

shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Abacino007(m): 7:36pm On Jan 08, 2019
LagosismyHome:

what the full school name of CMU

secondly personally i hate the law faculty reason . 99% of schools in america have adequate faculty ratio so that is not an edge . This is not Nigeria where one teach will teach a thousand students . For example in the UK , the law states that there must be one teacher for every 30 children in reception. So saying i choose this primary school because of the faculty ratio doesnt mean much , because isnt that what must schools have ??

Central Michigan University
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 08, 2019
Ubah1:

If the update is successful, it should be the same. Just print a new appointment confirmation showing the new number.
Please can i pm you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by egbe12(m): 7:39pm On Jan 08, 2019
Been a silent follower on this thread and learning quietly from the gurus. Had my interview today at the abuja consulate and awaiting administrative process to verify my account statement.
Below is my transcript.

Me: good morning
Vo: morning how are you?
Me: I'm good
Vo: looking at my i20, I can see you are going to Texas state uni @ San Marcos for ur MSC in *****
Me: yeah
Vo: how did you learn about Texas state uni?
Me: a prof at uni***** where I had my undergraduate studies referred me
Vo: okay, when did he get his PhD from there?
Me: 3years ago
Vo: when did you get your bsc?
Me: graduated in 2015
Vo: what have you been doing since then?
Me: I worked with xyz company then got another job later in Jan 2018 with xyz as an admin staff.
Vo: who's paying for your tuition?
Me: my aunt, and I stated her name.
Vo: the account you've got here shows a November balance, I'd prefer it was printed in DEC
Me: I got her to provide it cos she was about travelling and I was hoping to get an earlier date
Vo: okay, I'll like you to get the most recent account statement at least showing her December balance
* then she brings out the yellow paper for admin processing.
As she was about passing it to me, she asked if I was aware I would be banned if I presented any fake documents.
Me: yes ma'am
Then she handed me the papers and wished me best of luck.
I live in Lagos but now in abj for my interview.
Hope to get the whole stuff settled by Thursday or Fri then sit down and sip on some juice as I watch God finish his work.
I know it'll be positive
School resumes on the 22nd of Jan though, I hope to get an extension to make proper arrangements.

Big thanks to the nairaland family, dollypizzle and Velly my brothers. Wishing all others awaiting interview success.

Modified:
After resubmitting my sponsor's most recent account statement on Friday Jan 11th, my status was updated on the 16 and finally re-updated today Jan 18th. And visa has been issued.

Pls is there anyone here who is currently at Texas state university San Marcos or knows someone there?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pefuele(m): 7:40pm On Jan 08, 2019
jerrypeacelinks:

Also....

Honestly,the response to what has changed in your application was a turn off.However,I have also seen several transcript given Visa by talking about their confidence.It is obvious that been confidence tantamounts to a body language that could mean you are saying the right thing.Obviously,interviews are subjective.What goes for a VO may not go for another.I was also interviewed by the same VO and understands her reactions a bit.From the trail of the transcripts the VO didn't ask anything that connects to home ties..
Perhaps,you could have talked about confidence then add what could be a home tie that was not present in previous application...
Honestly,lf I knew you would land in window four I would have plugged this hole by God's grace.
Re-fire! God is in control.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 7:56pm On Jan 08, 2019
NameUserNo:

Please can i pm you?

Sure.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 8:01pm On Jan 08, 2019
Smooth. Congrats and I hope you're out of AP and get your Visa as soon as possible!
egbe12:
Been a silent follower on this thread and learning quietly from the gurus. Had my interview today at the abuja consulate and awaiting administrative process to verify my account statement.
Below is my transcript.

Me: good morning
Vo: morning how are you?
Me: I'm good
Vo: looking at my i20, I can see you are going to Texas state uni @ San Marcos for ur MSC in *****
Me: yeah
Vo: how did you learn about Texas state uni?
Me: a prof at uni***** where I had my undergraduate studies referred me
Vo: okay, when did he get his PhD from there?
Me: 3years ago
Vo: when did you get your bsc?
Me: graduated in 2015
Vo: what have you been doing since then?
Me: I worked with xyz company then got another job later in Jan 2018 with xyz as an admin staff.
Vo: who's paying for your tuition?
Me: my aunt, and I stated her name.
Vo: the account you've got here shows a November balance, I'd prefer it was printed in DEC
Me: I got her to provide it cos she was about travelling and I was hoping to get an earlier date
Vo: okay, I'll like you to get the most recent account statement at least showing her December balance
* then she brings out the yellow paper for admin processing.
As she was about passing it to me, she asked if I was aware I would be banned if I presented any fake documents.
Me: yes ma'am
Then she handed me the papers and wished me best of luck.
I live in Lagos but now in abj for my interview.
Hope to get the whole stuff settled by Thursday or Fri then sit down and sip on some juice as I watch God finish his work.
I know it'll be positive
School resumes on the 22nd of Jan though, I hope to get an extension to make proper arrangements.

Big thanks to the nairaland family, dollypizzle and Velly my brothers. Wishing all others awaiting interview success.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 08, 2019
Ubah1:

Sure.
Done thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by domex007: 8:51pm On Jan 08, 2019
jerrypeacelinks:

Also....

am sorry for the delay bro.
to me, i think your interview is not so bad but i think the vo needed to hear what has changed in your application since she didnt see any change in you ds 160.
take me for example: my first 3 previous interviews were more of the same
but my 4th interview, there were alot of significant difference (in ds160 and orally) like;

the time difference was 3years,
change of sponsor.
Had a business i was handling in Nigeria.
change in course of study
admission for more universities and different countries(6) with admission letters
and a Degree from a Nigerian polytechnic .......

I think you should take some time off since this was your third time and try other countries, work on other things as i wish you the very best. GOODLUCK
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by domex007: 8:58pm On Jan 08, 2019
[quote author=Oeworldbest1 post=74560899]
On what grounds? Cos I have yet to see one here on nairaland asides a case where the man's brother had joined the US Army after dropping out of his US college and the vo asked about it. I'm a masters candidate btw

My interview is around the corner. Which is better please

Are you married?NO
Are you engaged? NO
Have you ever traveled out of Nigeria? NO

Or
Are you married? No. My girlfriend and I will be getting married shortly after my masters program
Are you engaged? Not yet

please dont let this bother you. It doesnt matter which answer you choose. focus on answering the important questions
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by domex007: 9:00pm On Jan 08, 2019
Giftedhands33:
Pls is not employed good for your visa application as you are going for your Re interview after 1st denial since you graduated in November.@lagosismyhome @fairheart.all the gurus pls kindly reply

depends on the type of application. but most times it is not advisable for an undergraduate to tell them that he or she has been working (especially when the work doesnt relate to your field of study). My two cents

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.