Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,010 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (276) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (794336 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jhulee: 12:17pm On Jan 28, 2019
bracelum:

The schools did not require standardized tests abi you don't want to write standardized tests and then chose schools that do not require the tests

Which course and which schools?
Youngstown State University Ohio
Grand Canyon University Arizona
My course does not require GRE
And TOEFL was waived since my BSc was taught in English
What do you think?
Would I be denied Visa because of these?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by successflow(m): 12:36pm On Jan 28, 2019
alexohams2000:
I just got to America. This is God's own country indeed. Everything is soooo organised. Thanks everyone, thank God. Texas is bae
Plz we will be glad if you can share your visa interview transcript with us and your experience at the POE.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by successflow(m): 12:41pm On Jan 28, 2019
jhulee:

What do you think?
No body on this thread can or will guarantee you Visa without writing test score, but to be on a saver side I will advise you to write one atleast GRE test inorder to boost your visa chances been approved

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by successflow(m): 12:49pm On Jan 28, 2019
1stdami:
Congratulations bro I will like to send you a PM
Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by successflow(m): 12:49pm On Jan 28, 2019
1stdami:
Congratulations bro I will like to send you a PM
Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jhulee: 1:46pm On Jan 28, 2019
successflow:

No body on this thread can or will guarantee you Visa without writing test score, but to be on a saver side I will advise you to write one atleast GRE test inorder to boost your visa chances been approved
Thanks...How about I do TOEFL alone?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by yusaaj: 1:54pm On Jan 28, 2019
Good day gurus in the house.
Pls! I need advice from anyone in this forum who have information about my predicament.
I went for my B1B2 (Conference B1)visa interview last week wednesday in Abuja.I think I answered all the questions correctly and honestly.At the expiration of the interview the VO returned my passport and my Ds 160 and gave me a 221g administrative yellow paper,she said I 'll be contacted through mail.No documents was checked or asked for during the interview session.The next day I received a mail from the embassy with attached DS-5535 form to be filled and email back to the embassy.The attached DS 5535 form has been filled and mail back the embassy.
Don't understand what this process is all about,anyone with useful information and advice is highly welcome
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ideebong: 2:28pm On Jan 28, 2019
Ubah1:

What's the name of your school and the course you applied for. Also drop your profile
Texas southern university
Journalism
I Took SAT
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 2:32pm On Jan 28, 2019
Ideebong:
Texas southern university
Journalism
I Took SAT

How old are you? I see you are going for bsc.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ay10yahoocom(f): 2:34pm On Jan 28, 2019
my request for deferral (fall 2019) was approved, waiting for respond on sponsorship
Astaclover9:

What entry fall or what... I am going for fall 2019 mph epidemiology... So far have got 3 schools.. Etsu, uab and uní of Kentucky... To hear back from them about sponsorship by mid March max?
What's your story?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by mrprolifik: 2:50pm On Jan 28, 2019
yusaaj:
Pls! I need advice from anyone in this forum who have information about my predicament.
I went for my B1B2 (Conference B1)visa interview last week wednesday in Abuja.I think I answered all the questions correctly and honestly.At the expiration of the interview the VO returned my passport and my Ds 160 and gave me a 221g administrative yellow paper,she said I 'll be contacted through mail.No documents was checked or asked for during the interview session.The next day I received a mail from the embassy with attached DS-5535 form to be filled and email back to the embassy.The attached DS 5535 form has been filled and mail back the embassy.
Don't understand what this process is all about,anyone with useful information and advice is highly welcome

Yellow Slip: A 221 g Yellow slipdenotes general type of administrative processing. The Consulate looks at all the documentation provided by the candidate and the employer. WhiteSlip: A 221g White slip denotes requirement for further processing by the USCIS.

Form DS-5535, Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants, standardizes the collection of additional information, including social media usage, from immigrant and nonimmigrant visa applicants "who have been determined to warrant additional scrutiny in connection with terrorism or other national security-related visa ineligibilities."

If a consular officer determines that a visa applicant warrants this additional scrutiny, the applicant will be instructed to provide the following information on Form DS-5535:

Travel history during the last fifteen years, including source of funding for travel;Address history during the last fifteen years;Employment history during the last fifteen years;All passport numbers and country of issuance held by the applicant;Names and dates of birth for all siblings;Name and dates of birth for all children;Names and dates of birth for all current and former spouses, or civil or domestic partners;Social media platforms and identifiers, also known as handles, used during the last five years; andPhone numbers and email addresses used during the last five years.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by yusaaj: 3:27pm On Jan 28, 2019
mrprolifik:

Yellow Slip: A 221 g Yellow slipdenotes general type of administrative processing. The Consulate looks at all the documentation provided by the candidate and the employer. WhiteSlip: A 221g White slip denotes requirement for further processing by the USCIS.

Form DS-5535, Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants, standardizes the collection of additional information, including social media usage, from immigrant and nonimmigrant visa applicants "who have been determined to warrant additional scrutiny in connection with terrorism or other national security-related visa ineligibilities."

If a consular officer determines that a visa applicant warrants this additional scrutiny, the applicant will be instructed to provide the following information on Form DS-5535:

Travel history during the last fifteen years, including source of funding for travel;Address history during the last fifteen years;Employment history during the last fifteen years;All passport numbers and country of issuance held by the applicant;Names and dates of birth for all siblings;Name and dates of birth for all children;Names and dates of birth for all current and former spouses, or civil or domestic partners;Social media platforms and identifiers, also known as handles, used during the last five years; andPhone numbers and email addresses used during the last five years.
Thank you so much for this information.I've filled the form and mail back the embassy.The information required in the form is the same as stated by you here.Please how long 'll this administrative processing last and what ll be the outcome at the end of the process
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Philadelphia: 4:04pm On Jan 28, 2019
Shezkid:

I also attended a private university.. Made a very high 2:1
My departmental football coach...
I don't know the private university u attended but mine, it's impossible to work.. One can't even leave campus without valid reason...i attended CU... Same procedure in Madonna university... I would live to know the private university u attended in Nigeria??

Babcock University allows it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Philadelphia: 4:04pm On Jan 28, 2019
Mhipo:

BABCOCK UNIVERSITY and i forgot to add, i was off campus..i make arrangement with my church chaplain esp on Sabbath mornings when i have work

Before I saw this, I was already typing that it's Babcock University you attended.
I believe your story.
Don't ask me how or why grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Philadelphia: 4:05pm On Jan 28, 2019
Shezkid:

The advantage is Babcock allows off campus if not, there's no way you would have even though of working..

Babcock also allows on-campus and you can work and study at same time.
It's called "work-study".
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by mrprolifik: 4:30pm On Jan 28, 2019
yusaaj:
Thank you so much for this information.I've filled the form and mail back the embassy.The information required in the form is the same as stated by you here.Please how long 'll this administrative processing last and what ll be the outcome at the end of the process

I think the fact that your visa application wasn't denied on the day of your interview means everything went well just that the visa officer needed to clear all doubt he or she might be having about your documents and other info's about you. If you are sure all the documents you submitted are authentic then you are good. Lastly I can't tell how long it will take them to make a decision but be rest assured that if the visa will be granted they will make sure u get it before your intended day of travel.
So the bottom line is if the conference is genuine and documents submitted are authentic have no fear and remain positive good luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 28, 2019
jhulee:

What do you think?

I asked for your course and you haven't answered that question

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by biikeys(m): 4:52pm On Jan 28, 2019
yusaaj:

You'd be better served on the visit visa thread. Meanwhile a simple google search may be all you need.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by biikeys(m): 4:57pm On Jan 28, 2019
Osinachi1:

Only a handful of schools still accept Applications for fall.

If You're searching for a school, check U of Utah. I saw somewhere they accept Applications till April.

Priority deadlines may have passed but a lot of schools are still accepting applications for Fall 19.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by domex007: 5:42pm On Jan 28, 2019
Ideebong:
Ok here.. January 9th 1st interview
VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning
VO: you want to go for studies in the US
Me: yes
Voice : how many schools did you apply to
Me: one

Am sorry for the delay but you obviously didnt gather enough information prior to your interview.
This is where you need to put in small lie that you applied to 3 or more universities ven if you didnt. VOs believe that applying to more universities shows some kind of seriousness

VO: why
Me: it was recommended and.... (Voice Cuts me short
VO: I said why
Me: I have done my research on the school and course I am going for and I have seen that the standard of the school..... ( cuts me short)
VO: under the immigration law you don't qualify for a student visa.

2nd interview
Me: Good morning
VO: when did you finish secondary school
Me: 2014
VO: what have you been doing prior to your application
Me: I have been working and also going for catering class
VO: sorry ( returns passport and I -20)

we need to see some information from your ds 160 so the Gurus on the trend can advise.

GOODLUCK
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by yusaaj: 5:58pm On Jan 28, 2019
mrprolifik:

I think the fact that your visa application wasn't denied on the day of your interview means everything went well just that the visa officer needed to clear all doubt he or she might be having about your documents and other info's about you. If you are sure all the documents you submitted are authentic then you are good. Lastly I can't tell how long it will take them to make a decision but be rest assured that if the visa will be granted they will make sure u get it before your intended day of travel.
So the bottom line is if the conference is genuine and documents submitted are authentic have no fear and remain positive good luck
Thanks for this information. I'll remain positive..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by yemyem4uall: 6:20pm On Jan 28, 2019
Hello gurus, if per chance one was able to get admission with a GRE score of 278, i.e quantitative 136, verbal 136 and Writing 2.0. Is it presentable to consular for visa interview. Please, kindly advise
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olalekank(m): 6:26pm On Jan 28, 2019
yemyem4uall:
Hello gurus, if per chance one was able to get admission with a GRE score of 278, i.e quantitative 136, verbal 136 and Writing 2.0. Is it presentable to consular for visa interview. Please, kindly advise
Please do not take this with you.

Simply means you probably wrote the GRE for the fun of it.
Minimum is 130 in each section meaning the total score was like 3/20 + 3/20 in each section. (Max 10/40 due to the adaptive testing.

I'd advice to rewrite.

Besides, I wonder what school would give admission with such a low score...

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by BloodyMitch(f): 8:01pm On Jan 28, 2019
Hi guys, please has anyone renewed their student visa recently in Naija without the Dropbox route? If yes how did it go?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GAB1: 8:27pm On Jan 28, 2019
fairheart:
How old are you please?

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CuteRedd(f): 9:14pm On Jan 28, 2019
Shezkid:

I also attended a private university.. Made a very high 2:1
My departmental football coach...
I don't know the private university u attended but mine, it's impossible to work.. One can't even leave campus without valid reason...i attended CU... Same procedure in Madonna university... I would live to know the private university u attended in Nigeria??
I attended CU too you can work in school aka Work study programme cmon undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 28, 2019
CuteRedd:
I attended CU too you can work in school aka Work study programme cmon undecided

He even mentioned Departmental Football Coach as if na one complex work
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CuteRedd(f): 9:36pm On Jan 28, 2019
bracelum:

He even mentioned Departmental Football Coach as if na one complex work
grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Shezkid: 9:40pm On Jan 28, 2019
CuteRedd:

How much is the pay.. grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by innamorat(f): 10:27pm On Jan 28, 2019
Good evening house, my husband is a medical doctor. Please how possible is it for him to get a job over there if he applies from Nigeria. Thanks. Please I need reply from experienced people because things are not moving so smoothly for us at the moment

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.