Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,955 members, 7,814,238 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (794418 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CuteRedd(f): 10:34pm On Jan 28, 2019
Shezkid:

How much is the pay.. grin grin grin
don't know as I never did it. Also that was like 6 years ago so can't remember. But to say there was nothing like that in CU is wrong except it has been scraped now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ideebong: 11:10pm On Jan 28, 2019
Yes, I would be 22 in March
Ubah1:

How old are you? I see you are going for bsc.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ajibade105(m): 11:22pm On Jan 28, 2019
Tell your husband to do Canada Express Entry...

innamorat:
Good evening house, my husband is a medical doctor. Please how possible is it for him to get a job over there if he applies from Nigeria. Thanks. Please I need reply from experienced people because things are not moving so smoothly for us at the moment

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Astaclover9: 12:05am On Jan 29, 2019
ay10yahoocom:
my request for deferral (fall 2019) was approved, waiting for respond on sponsorship
Is there any scholarship or sponsorship offer by your school... Etsu offered 50%tuition coverage, uab said they will get back to me by mid-March for assistantship - sent my resume to the program coordinator already-, Kentucky said I should as regards sponsorship and scholarship at the end of January...
So keeping fingers crossed...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by JoeBazz(m): 12:38am On Jan 29, 2019
I applied for master's in computer information systems at California miramar University. My interview is first week in February. I didn't write any standardized test. Please I need your advice on what to do to convince the vo am a genuine student. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by yuscodguy(m): 2:19am On Jan 29, 2019
Mummy LagosismyHome you did not congratulate me on my VISA, I am now in trump land. The hospitality I am getting from the school staffs is just awesome, I am loving my new environment. Tennessee is a nice place to live and raise children.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by yuscodguy(m): 2:23am On Jan 29, 2019
Go to your school website bro check something very unique about your course on the school website which is visible, more so you need to be able to explain better about your course.

This will solve two basic questions, why this course? and also why did you choose your school.

JoeBazz:
I applied for master's in computer information systems at California miramar University. My interview is first week in February. I didn't write any standardized test. Please I need your advice on what to do to convince the vo am a genuine student. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Milkshakes01(f): 6:16am On Jan 29, 2019
Good morning house, Does the VO actually have access to confirm if you applied to the schools, you claimed you applied to?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 6:24am On Jan 29, 2019
Milkshakes01:
Good morning house, Does the VO actually have access to confirm if you applied to the schools, you claimed you applied to?

Some V.O might ask to see the admission letters from the schools you claimed to have gotten admission. Then if you can't provide it, you have shot yourself in the leg.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by justwise(m): 6:24am On Jan 29, 2019
Olalekank:

Send a pm

Here we go again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Milkshakes01(f): 7:07am On Jan 29, 2019
Thanks a lot

Ubah1:

Some V.O might ask to see the admission letters from the schools you claimed to have gotten admission. Then if you can't provide it, you have shot yourself in the leg.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:49am On Jan 29, 2019
yuscodguy:
Mummy LagosismyHome you did not congratulate me on my VISA, I am now in trump land. The hospitality I am getting from the school staffs is just awesome, I am loving my new environment. Tennessee is a nice place to live and raise children.

How can... impossible oo . I was just on its way cheesy

Very good news . Congrats and God bless your new journey. It will only be greater things from now on. Enjoy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jaybeepictures(m): 10:36am On Jan 29, 2019
Hello guys can you tell your school to send a letter to the embassy to issue you visa once they give you admission because i have a friend who said the school sent the embassy a letter to issue her visa.. Dont Know how true this is..so i want to confirm from the house. Thanks. I'm on the verge on mailing my program director if they can issue a letter to the embassy, i was denied dec 12 and i dropped my transcript here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:19am On Jan 29, 2019
Jaybeepictures:
Hello guys can you tell your school to send a letter to the embassy to issue you visa once they give you admission because i have a friend who said the school sent the embassy a letter to issue her visa.. Dont Know how true this is..so i want to confirm from the house. Thanks. I'm on the verge on mailing my program director if they can issue a letter to the embassy, i was denied dec 12 and i dropped my transcript here.

No school can force or demand a Vo to issue visa. It at the discretion of the Visa officer .

You can ask the school to write and come and share your experience with us so we can hear but most likely that letter is nothing

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 11:48am On Jan 29, 2019
LagosismyHome:

No school can force or demand a Vo to issue visa. It at the discretion of the Visa officer .

You can ask the school to write and come and share your experience with us so we can hear but most likely that letter is nothing

Only in Netherlands grin

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jaybeepictures(m): 11:53am On Jan 29, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Thank you. Will do just that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jaybeepictures(m): 11:54am On Jan 29, 2019
Are you for reals?
Ubah1:

Only in Netherlands grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Vickglam: 11:58am On Jan 29, 2019
Hello everyone, i need your advice on this issue, i have bsc in computer science but i want to apply for BSC nursing in the US, what's my chance of getting a visa, thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 12:09pm On Jan 29, 2019
Jaybeepictures:
Are you for reals?

Yes. In Netherlands, the school will apply for the visa for you grin. Yours is to take your passport to the nearest embassy for stamping. Let's not derail the thread.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 12:11pm On Jan 29, 2019
Vickglam:
Hello everyone, i need your advice on this issue, i have bsc in computer science but i want to apply for BSC nursing in the US, what's my chance of getting a visa, thanks

Computer Science to nursing? grin 25% chances

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by femi312: 12:53pm On Jan 29, 2019
Vickglam:
Why are you switching to nursing? You could as well apply for a masters in related field to computer science. Switching to nursing is just moving backwards
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by SOJ2019: 12:55pm On Jan 29, 2019
Ubah1:

This school is an unranked university in the U.S, I will advise you look for better school.

Thanks Ubah.

However,further enquiries have shown that the school's MFA in film is highly rated;it has produced renowned producers, directors, script writers etc within the last few years in the US (Hollywood).

I will check other schools as well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by temiie: 1:00pm On Jan 29, 2019
I know I have been a silent reader on this thread but I really need help to send my SAT score to some schools. I will send the naira equivalent to whomever wants to help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Boss2411: 1:02pm On Jan 29, 2019
House please I need your help..I applied to Harvard University and I was accepted..I cried the whole of yesterday when I receive my i20 but was not given any scholarship .
am 17 years old.i finished school last year..
now my problem is that my parent can't afford the school fees, so I want to know if I can be studying and working at the same time (outside campus) even if it means falling out of status I don't care because I know that I will find a better work after graduation that will file for my permanent stay ..my principal promise to give me the school account to use for sponsorship but can't pay for my school fees... please how much can I earn while working outside the school, can it pay my fees?..I am a hardworking and also very brilliant .I don't want to miss this great opportunity please help me out

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 1:17pm On Jan 29, 2019
Boss2411:
House please I need your help..I applied to Harvard University and I was accepted..I cried the whole of yesterday when I receive my i20 but was not given any scholarship .
now my problem is that my parent can't afford the school fees, so I want to know if I can be studying and working at the same time (outside campus) even if it means falling out of status I don't care because I know that I will find a better work after graduation that will file for my permanent stay ..my principal promise to give me the school account to use for sponsorship but can't pay for my school fees... please how much can I earn while working outside the school, can it pay my fees?..I am a hardworking and also very brilliant .I don't want to miss this great opportunity please help me out

Falling out of status means you are no longer in school and illegal in the USA. Harvard school fees is very expensive and it's not what you can work and pay. Please search for schools that will give you scholarship if you can't get a sponsor to Harvard university.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Godsmercy11: 1:25pm On Jan 29, 2019
Falling Out of status isn't the way ooo... whats your profile like? and did you apply Only to Harvard? these top schools admission are very difficult to get, same way the scholarship is also very hard to come by.... with a very good profile you get admission and scholarship to other top schools...

Boss2411:

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Best201195(m): 1:29pm On Jan 29, 2019
Boss2411:

Harvard University meets 100% of your demonstrated financial need. You should send them a mail.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by SOJ2019: 1:32pm On Jan 29, 2019
Please note that the GRE is not required for admission to the program for applicants with at least a "3.0 GPA in their last 60 hours".

Pls,how do you check for this on the transcript? ??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 1:35pm On Jan 29, 2019
Best201195:

Harvard University meets 100% of your demonstrated financial need. You should send them a mail.

He is going for a B.Sc program and not graduate studies.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:43pm On Jan 29, 2019
Boss2411:

If this is Havard then there should be no issue. Harvard's financial aid programs pay 100 percent of tuition, fees, room, and board for students from families earning less than $65,000 a year. except if they changed their policy. . Did you fill your application accurately ?

Also to be admitted there means you have good enough SAT to get you full funding into a lot of less competitive school

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Humble11: 1:48pm On Jan 29, 2019
LagosismyHome:

If this is Havard then there should be no issue except if they changed their policy. Students on low income usually are given full ride at Harvard . Did you fill your application accurately ?

Also to be admitted there means you have good enough SAT to get you full funding into a lot of less competitive school

How do you prove that you are on low income?

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.