Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (796814 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gifty28(f): 4:08pm On Aug 25, 2018
Congrats and safe trip, God saw you thru.

VO: oh.. I see you have a partial scholarship how did you get it?
Me: Ermm.. We’ll I think I had a convinsing SOP and maybe my publications and test helped too.
VO: *types for a while* What were your test scores
Me: GRE 291, Toefl 78
VO: Can I have your personal statement of account
Me: *hands her* not looking satisfied so i quickly handed her my mums SOA
VO: ok.. I’ll be approving your visa but I need you to sign here *points to I-20*
Me: ok ma’am.. God bless you!
Was actually considering differing till spring but then I received a GA offer on Monday that included part tuition remission and monthly stipends! Had to stay putttt! Thank you all. Flight is 12PM lemme sleep small. God bless!

[/quote]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by xdamson: 5:28pm On Aug 25, 2018
OpeTestimony:

Most stories claimed it might be due to some system glitch, for some the status changed back to AP, for some it changed to issued.

But it's definitely an uncertain situation.

I have sent a mail to the Embassy, but there's no response yet.

HI Ope, you should also contact the bank whose statement you submitted,

ask if they have confirmed the statement at all. one way to do this is to go to the branch where the statement was printed out and demand for this information.

let them know the possible implication of this. it is also possible that the bank never responded to the consulate.

cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by xdamson: 5:32pm On Aug 25, 2018
pips on AP,

please, ensure you contact the bank through the branch where the statement was printed.

politely ask, if they have gotten the mail for confirmation from the embassy.

this will give you an idea of where the delay is coming from and where to fire your prayers.

cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kfrosh: 7:11pm On Aug 25, 2018
I sent you a PM. I had similar issue a month ago.
OpeTestimony:
Hello house,

I have a bit of a situation here.

Went for visa interview about two weeks ago, the interview was short with just a few questions, and the VO seemed to be interested in approving my visa, until she claimed my bank documents weren't sufficient for study, I tried to convince her, but she said I should instead get additional bank documents and submit them as soon as possible.

I submitted the documents on Monday, and I've been tracking with the CEAC tracker.

Been on "Administrative Processing" since then till yesterday when it changed to "Refused", I wasn't happy about this and couldn't understand why. Also the Embassy has not contacted me yet.

So I went online to read up about this and I got a lot of mixed messages.

Now I want to ask if anyone has had this kind of experience, and what does this mean.

Thank you.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by OpeTestimony: 7:35pm On Aug 25, 2018
kfrosh:
I sent you a PM. I had similar issue a month ago.

Didn't see your pm, I have now PMed you .

What was the outcome?

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by OpeTestimony: 7:36pm On Aug 25, 2018
Thank you very much. Duly Noted.
xdamson:

HI Ope, you should also contact the bank whose statement you submitted,

ask if they have confirmed the statement at all. one way to do this is to go to the branch where the statement was printed out and demand for this information.

let them know the possible implication of this. it is also possible that the bank never responded to the consulate.

cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by paulemi(m): 7:51pm On Aug 25, 2018
Alright. Thank you very much.

CapitoneMax:
It all depends on your school's requirements. Some would normally request after admission offer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by paulemi(m): 7:53pm On Aug 25, 2018
Okay. Thank you so much bro.

ObenJoshua:

Depends on the school.
Go through the school website well to clarify, and you can contact them as well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 8:15pm On Aug 25, 2018
Timotee:

Having studied Medicine too, I understand your concern. The nature of grading/scoring of medical exams in Nigerian medical schools does not make it evaluation-friendly compared to other courses. When I evaluated my transcript with WES, my cGPA was 3.0, which was very low compared to friends who read other courses. However, I applied with it and applied broadly, I applied to programs in the top 10, top 20 and top 30 of the rankings. Guess what? I got admissions into top 10 programs even with my cGPA. What I learned was that it was the totality of your application package that matters. Get very good GRE scores, have excellent letters of recommendation and a beautifully written personal statement, and your admission chances to a top program increases very considerably.

Oga, how have you been? I recollect those days we were in the race together. I am sure most if not all of us that period would have settled in more now.
Shout out to other guys in Fall, 2011/Spring 2012 like Imperioux, Biikeys, Funsho, Oghene and apologies to those I can't recall their names right now.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 8:24pm On Aug 25, 2018
OpeTestimony:

Most stories claimed it might be due to some system glitch, for some the status changed back to AP, for some it changed to issued.

But it's definitely an uncertain situation.

I have sent a mail to the Embassy, but there's no response yet.

I think the reason why it went on AP determines how long it takes and how it is processed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by mfarad(m): 8:31pm On Aug 25, 2018
GboyegaD:

Shout out to other guys in Fall, 2011/Spring 2012 like Imperioux, Biikeys, Funsho, Oghene and apologies to those I can't recall their names right now.

shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Enasdan(m): 8:34pm On Aug 25, 2018
Glocal1:
Does your undergraduate course of study parallel your present job and the intended MBA.
You sold youself cheap with the 85k. You sure would not afford to pay the tuition fees.
Your response to the sponsor should have included your personal savings.
don't have sufficient funds in my personal savings less then 2m
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by OpeTestimony: 9:39pm On Aug 25, 2018
GboyegaD:

I think the reason why it went on AP determines how long it takes and how it is processed.

Oh, I was only asked to submit additional documents, that's all.

On the slip given to me after the interview the "Administrative Processing" part was not ticked,

she only wrote (with pen), "submit additional ..... ", and told me where to submit it.

it's the CEAC tracker that was showing administrative Processing before it went to refused yesterday.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 9:50pm On Aug 25, 2018
OpeTestimony:

Oh, I was only asked to submit additional documents, that's all.

On the slip given to me after the interview the "Administrative Processing" part was not ticked,

she only wrote (with pen), "submit additional ..... ", and told me where to submit it.

it's the CEAC tracker that was showing administrative Processing before it went to refused yesterday.

I understand. I guess she wasn't so sure about your account statements and the amount on it. How much is written on your I-20, how much is in your accounts?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Manifoldlove: 10:01pm On Aug 25, 2018
If you are in Lagos, hold copy of your certificate, 2passport photo, affidavit. With these + at least 23k.You are good to send to WES.
CapitoneMax:
Hhello, who can help with this information please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Glocal1: 10:51pm On Aug 25, 2018
Enasdan:
don't have sufficient funds in my personal savings less then 2m
You can have multiple sources of funds. Just ensure they add up to the required cost of attendance for a year.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jiggsbaby: 11:28pm On Aug 25, 2018
Guys I went for my interview with a closing balance of 3.5 million but the total credit and debit was like 47 million..my interview went well but after I was asked for my statement of account she looked thru it and to find the date my tuition was paid from the account cos I also provided her with my initial tuition deposit receipt.. but I told her it was paid from my moms personal account not her business account she said okay .. after looking at it she took it inside and spent like 5 mins there and came back and said she couldn’t issue me a visa.. the rest of my interview was good and I was the only one who got to the extent where my statement of account was requested for .. the people that went before me was not asked for statement and they were all denied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 1:21am On Aug 26, 2018
GboyegaD:

Oga, how have you been? I recollect those days we were in the race together. I am sure most if not all of us that period would have settled in more now.

My bro...God indeed has been good to us all. Guess you're doing great yourself.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 3:04am On Aug 26, 2018
Timotee:

My bro...God indeed has been good to us all. Guess you're doing great yourself.

I'm doing okay. Do you still keep in touch with the other guys?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by aamstih: 3:11am On Aug 26, 2018
Check EIU, TAMUK, uni San Francisco, LSU

[

quote author=tinnymerit post=70480136]Good afternoon. Plz I need the list of schools that give admission without sending Transcript via courier but through ones email. I have verified transcript from WES already.
Thanks in advance. [/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sophiaugo: 7:45am On Aug 26, 2018
House pls,asking on behalf of a friend she is due for interview on thursday,her school request for a minimum of 5million nd she has 4m in her sponsors account, can she go with it to d embassy like that? Pls your reply,thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kfrosh: 8:34am On Aug 26, 2018
Yes, with a 80% chance of not getting your visa on financial ground except friend gets lucky. Why not leave luck for the birds, try to get a Co-sponsor.
#OkayBye
Sophiaugo:
House pls,asking on behalf of a friend she is due for interview on thursday,her school request for a minimum of 5million nd she has 4m in her sponsors account, can she go with it to d embassy like that? Pls your reply,thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sophiaugo: 8:45am On Aug 26, 2018
kfrosh:
Yes, with a 80% chance of not getting your visa on financial grounds except friend gets lucky. Why not leave luck for the birds, try to get a Co-sponsor.
#OkayBye
,a co sponsor like additional funded account statement with sufficient fund? Her aunt is willing to help can she go with her aunt statement of account also?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kfrosh: 8:48am On Aug 26, 2018
You can have two sponsors. You must be able to explain their relationship to you and why they choose to sponsor you.
Sophiaugo:
,a co sponsor like additional funded account statement with sufficient fund? Her aunt is willing to help can she go with her aunt statement of account also?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CapitoneMax(m): 8:48am On Aug 26, 2018
Yea.....she can go with her aunt's account.
Just advise her to get an affidavit of support from her Aunt.
It gives better credibility
Sophiaugo:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Incomparable(f): 10:19am On Aug 26, 2018
Wow! Congratulations! I'm happy for you.

Sooredaniel:
Got my passport yesterday. Had to immediately book my flight. I’m off today. I really appreciate every honest input on this thread. Seriously Nairaland is underrated!! My story is a bit different, it’s more of favor than merit! God has been surprising me all round.
I wrote my exams at a time when it was almost impossible to get a school accepting applications for fall 2018. Wrote the GRE in March, Toefl in April. I could only come up with 2 schs that were still accepting applications; St. Cloud State Uni and Georgia southern uni. Applied to SCSU. I almost gave up at some point when I was lost on how to go about Wes. Completed Wes a month and 5 days after deadline (May 15). Got admitted June 20. Booked visa appointment on August 17 ( (7:15AM)
Was interviewed by a fair lady in her mid 30’s at window 5. Blue paper was flying everywhere. She denied the army officer before me, dude was fully kitted. Was like ehnnnn mogbe
Transcript
VO: Good morning
Me: Morning
Where are you going?
I’m going to St. Cloud State University, 720 4th Avenue south, MN for a research Masters program in Gerontology with a concentration in Bio-gerontology.
VO: oh.. I see you have a partial scholarship how did you get it?
Me: Ermm.. We’ll I think I had a convinsing SOP and maybe my publications and test helped too.
VO: *types for a while* What were your test scores
Me: GRE 291, Toefl 78
VO: Can I have your personal statement of account
Me: *hands her* not looking satisfied so i quickly handed her my mums SOA
VO: ok.. I’ll be approving your visa but I need you to sign here *points to I-20*
Me: ok ma’am.. God bless you!
Was actually considering differing till spring but then I received a GA offer on Monday that included part tuition remission and monthly stipends! Had to stay putttt! Thank you all. Flight is 12PM lemme sleep small. God bless!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sophiaugo: 10:49am On Aug 26, 2018
CapitoneMax:
ok thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sophiaugo: 10:53am On Aug 26, 2018
CapitoneMax:
alright thanks for your reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sophiaugo: 10:54am On Aug 26, 2018
kfrosh:
You can have two sponsors. You must be able to explain their relationship to you and why they choose to sponsor you.
ok thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fabyom: 12:59pm On Aug 26, 2018
Please house, is it possible to adjust ur old form and submit it for the second interview?

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.