Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,622 members, 7,816,563 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (795734 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by roniex2(f): 5:32pm On Aug 24, 2018
kfrosh:
Oga! This your "I delayed you" statement is condescending and infuriating at the same time. You are not a V.O, you are not God. Everybody here only give advise to the best of their knowledge. There are no perfect responses when it comes to Visa interviews.

Please just let this slide.

You are not God you are not God. That's what they will keep saying and not take to corrections. I don't know what the boy was expecting when he came here to ask for approval or denial over his mock. At the end of every mock interview conducted, they approve you or deny you. I have done it several times and people are approved or denied then you work on your lapses.
It's not difficult to understand bah?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 5:33pm On Aug 24, 2018
Apologies Roniex....I do not really feel bad,but i just do not like ur usage of 'lol'.
By the way,i repeat,those questions were not asked...Vos dont ask questions directly or imply it. Home-tie was what disapproved me though the question was not direct.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kfrosh: 5:39pm On Aug 24, 2018
You have a good point. I am only against the statement you keep using "I denied you". You could have just waited for him to post his transcript then we can see where the flop came from.
roniex2:

You are not God you are not God. That's what they will keep saying and not take to corrections. I don't know what the boy was expecting when he came here to ask for approval or denial over his mock. At the end of every mock interview conducted, they approve you or deny you. I have done it several times and people are approved or denied then you work on your lapses.
It's not difficult to understand bah?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by roniex2(f): 5:43pm On Aug 24, 2018
kfrosh:
You have a good point. I am only against the statement you keep using "I denied you". You could have just waited for him to post his transcript then we can see where the flop came from.

Alright I get your point too.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by roniex2(f): 5:45pm On Aug 24, 2018
Flaame:
Apologies Roniex....I do not really feel bad,but i just do not like ur usage of 'lol'.
By the way,i repeat,those questions were not asked...Vos dont ask questions directly or imply it. Home-tie was what disapproved me though the question was not direct.

I'm sorry i used 'lol'.
Post your transcript and let's see.
Hope you plan to refire
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 5:54pm On Aug 24, 2018
roniex2:

I'm sorry i used 'lol'.
Post your transcript and let's see.
Hope you plan to refire
Sure babe...i will
As per transcript,let the cloud fade away
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lextube: 6:13pm On Aug 24, 2018
CapitoneMax:
SEVIS is a fee all intending students to the US pay. It is compulsory and the amount is $200. Your SEVIS ID is an 11 digit code required to pay your SEVIS/I-94 fee. You can find your SEVIS ID on your I-20. In answering your question, you would have to clarify from your school to know what they mean. Talk to their International office, they are always friendly

Thank you for your reply. The school was asking me for my SEVIS ID in order for them to process my form I-20. That's what got me confused.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jamoyakz: 6:24pm On Aug 24, 2018
ijaola:
Another question is can I leave my bag behind for the interview. Or will I get a place at the embassy I can put my bag so I can take off after the interview?

Thanks

leave your bag in the hotel. check out time is 12noon . I'm sure you did be done by then but if you take your bag to the consulate there is a private lock up facility they charge 1k

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by brendacole: 6:49pm On Aug 24, 2018
Senatorbee:

1.50/5.0
If converted to the 4.0 US scale it's nothing to write home about.
It's better you go for another bachelor program

Okay. thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 6:52pm On Aug 24, 2018
roniex2:

What has always been preached here is to stay away from generic answers and give your own answers whether a V.O has once approved it or not. It's better to be on a safer side.
Like I said, the boy came here to ask for our opinions and I gave mine, he asked for an approval or a denial. I gave my opinion and I told him I was awaiting his testimony.
It's quite simple to understand

Your corrections are fine. only against the use of I delayed you or I denied you.. there are better ways to express your disapproval with the transcript he posted.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Judgepelumi(m): 7:11pm On Aug 24, 2018
Ijebuboy525:

$4400 is fucking much. If your school allows external insurance, you can try ISO insurance.
Thank you very much, I'll check it out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 7:20pm On Aug 24, 2018
Enasdan:
good morning house, kindly give advice to the this visa applicant his details below

1.Highest qualification: HND from a Federal polytechnic
2.Course: Agricultural engineering
3.WES evaluation: 3.39/4.0. US equivalent Bachelor's Degree
4.Going for an MBA, concentration in healthcare management
5.Admission accepted for Fall 2018 & granted by Husson University to study MBA, concentration in healthcare management in Husson University for 2yrs (a private university) in State of Maine
6.no standardized tests written, no funding from the university
7.Age: 32
8.Single
9.no travel history
10.Currently work as Head of operation in a Radiological diagnostic centre for 2yrs now
11.His aunt is his sponsor, with business statement of account
12 he has already made tuition deposit to the school

He was denied visa before for Fall 2018 at Abuja embassy in July 2018, his admission was defers to Spring 2019 by the University, he want to reapply fews months time for Visa at Lagos embassy for Spring 2019,
please house what are his chances, and which area can he work on, what should he do to improve and boost his chances granting visa, all your uadvice, suggestions and recommendations are highly welcome urgently and appreciated, thanks

Tell him to drop his interview transcript here. Encourage him to join NL and read on 1st hand too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:02pm On Aug 24, 2018
roniex2:

No don't say that. They didn't beg anyone to apply so you can't say they are stealing 'our' money recklessly. Besides a lot of people are getting their visas every day.
Sorry about your denial. You posted your mock interview some days ago and I remember I denied you. Did you work on what I corrected you on?

Na.... this is out of line. As long as you are not a Vo you are in no position to say this.

Whether he worked on your point or not has no reflection of the outcome as Visa interview is the most subjective thing ever. One answer will fly with a VO and same response will not fly with another

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:03pm On Aug 24, 2018
roniex2:

Hey bro. You really tried with this but I would delay you if I was the VO.
Please work on 'how did you hear about this school' and 'why this school'. It's too generic and I am sure they must have heard it hundreds of times that day. Come up with your own answers. Something they don't o hear often or they have never even heard before (let it be unique) and you will be granted. All the best. I await your testimony

While you are right that those two response should and can be stronger , there some thing about your word choices

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:11pm On Aug 24, 2018
Gent009:
Hi guys I really need ur help with this question of mine. Pardon me if it sounds amateurish (we are all learning).

Let's say I have a 2years US Visa to a college in Texas. And Have gotten admission for a master's degree in Canada.

Can I move to Canada from Texas to do my masters? Do I need to apply for Canada visa from USA? Or my USA visa will suffice.

If I need a VISA to study can I apply from USA? Thanks

(Modified)

Canada and US are two different countries so a visa in one is NOT APPLICABLE to the other

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:14pm On Aug 24, 2018
remasend:
Quick question guys. If one gets admission in two schools in US in two different areas. Let's say A and B.

I use the i-20 form of A to get my Visa. On getting to usa can I go to school B? (For knowledge sake pls)

Yes but there is a process for switching school and you need to ensure the due process is followed

Can't type it now because I done so in the past
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:20pm On Aug 24, 2018
Flaame:
Well,todays interview was not successful,it was my first n I tried to give my best. Can't say I didn't try. But I just learnt one thing.....The U.S president n government opened 2 business centres in Lagos n abuja.
They are just stealing our money recklessly.

Don't worry another dat MIGHT be your day..... did you not see the huge number of applicants ?. There no way they can give everybody .

If you want it. Just work on your response and then kept on the matter.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:22pm On Aug 24, 2018
roniex2:

I understand how you feel now but please don't transfer your aggression on me. In your words, you came here and asked anyone who had an opinion to state it. You particularly said it might be approval or denial.
I read your transcript and I 'delayed' you and also gave you my corrections. I told you not to use generic answers and sculpt out unique answers of your own.
Even if the questions you posted here weren't asked, you probably used one of those generic answers I advised you against.

Next time, if you are not ready to hear the truth, don't ask for criticisms.
I hope and sincerely pray you get it next time.
Goodluck

Smh at the bold .....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by calculator123(m): 8:40pm On Aug 24, 2018
LagosismyHome:

That is always a massive help and makes a huge difference..... if ones has any of the above mention that just perfect
Hello Lagosismyhome, what is the minimum amount one should have if fully funded with T.A or G.A role ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 8:49pm On Aug 24, 2018
Gent009:
Hi guys I really need ur help with this question of mine. Pardon me if it sounds amateurish (we are all learning).

Let's say I have a 2years US Visa to a college in Texas. And Have gotten admission for a master's degree in Canada.

Can I move to Canada from Texas to do my masters? Do I need to apply for Canada visa from USA? Or my USA visa will suffice.

If I need a VISA to study can I apply from USA? Thanks

(Modified)

Yes you can apply from US to Canada, just have a good SoP.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 8:54pm On Aug 24, 2018
Gent009:

Thanks for your reply. Have modified the original question. I have the 2years us visa to study at a college. I intend on not going to the college instead going for my masters in Canada. I will need to apply for a Canadian visa from usa?

Yes you have to and it takes a much lesser time applying from the US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:57pm On Aug 24, 2018
calculator123:

Hello Lagosismyhome, what is the minimum amount one should have if fully funded with T.A or G.A role ?

It would be stated on the i20

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Enasdan(m): 9:07pm On Aug 24, 2018
GboyegaD:

Tell him to drop his interview transcript here. Encourage him to join NL and read on 1st hand too.
Got at the Abuja embassy by 8:30am,after the the bio-metric capturing, passport photography was rejected it too dark, have to go outside to snap a. brighter one

Me: good morning
VO: good morning, pass me your passport & I-20 form, which university are going to study
ME: Husson University, Bangor Maine
VO: she also mentioned the name of the school, is like for a better pronunciation, then she starts typing, she asked why did you choose Husson university while typing continuously
ME: stammer a little with crack voice, I choose Husson University to study my MBA, because it is a business oriented institution, that offers one of the best pre-professional program, while I'm been be trained in the fundamental MBA program, their curriculum is designed in such a way l have the privilege to choose other line of programs that align with my professional goal, that equip me better in management
VO: who is your sponsor? still typing
ME: my aunt
VO: what does she do
ME:she is into importation of diapers
VO:which school did you graduated from and which year, she was still typing
ME: Bleep federal polytechnic, 2014
VO: what have been doing
ME: after completion of my NYSC program may 2016, I was. employed as an operation coordinator in a radiological centre
VO: where do you work
ME: xxxx diagnostic Limited
VO: how much do you earn per month
ME: #85,000 per month

Next thing was the pink paper, sorry you are not eligible for a visa, no further questions were asked, no SOA or any other document were, was on senator kind dressing, from this interview transcript can spot any error or loopholes, thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by calculator123(m): 9:24pm On Aug 24, 2018
LagosismyHome:

It would be stated on the i20
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sheq: 10:00pm On Aug 24, 2018
biikeys:

I think few people have talked about Prodigy finance. You should check them out.
thank you very much

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sheq: 10:00pm On Aug 24, 2018
jelmusboy:
Without ambiguity, you need to start TODAY.
thanks alot bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sheq: 10:03pm On Aug 24, 2018
Any accountant in the house....apply for fall 2019...and i have applied to write ican...do you think i should write it still? ....cos my mum is saying is should dump it and spend the money for gmat and face gmat for early application...cos i want to request for full assistantantship.....and at the same time..am writtinf ican ican just no to put my eggs in a basket...am so confused right now embarassed embarassed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 10:10pm On Aug 24, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Don't worry another dat MIGHT be your day..... did you not see the huge number of applicants ?. There no way they can give everybody .

If you want it. Just work on your response and then kept on the matter.
O! were u there?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gabbybanks: 10:38pm On Aug 24, 2018
Hello guys. Please I need answers on scholarships. I have understand that some people gain scholarships even before there visa interview. My question is this, during the admission application process, 1)at what stage can I start applying for scholarships? 2)how do I go about it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by haywhizzy21(m): 12:36am On Aug 25, 2018
I don't know if I'm wrong but based on my own research unlike stem courses, it's so rare to get full assistantanship for management science courses lyk accounting ,Finance,, etc,. Buh I don't know your cgpa ,neither do i know your Gre score,, but even with stellar result u can only be partly funded...regards..

Sheq:
Any accountant in the house....apply for fall 2019...and i have applied to write ican...do you think i should write it still? ....cos my mum is saying is should dump it and spend the money for gmat and face gmat for early application...cos i want to request for full assistantantship.....and at the same time..am writtinf ican ican just no to put my eggs in a basket...am so confused right now embarassed embarassed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by freshStarz: 1:12am On Aug 25, 2018
Flaame:
O! were u there?

Na wa for u oh. Person must not be there too know there will be crowd shaa. Those peeps dey mean fa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sooredaniel(m): 1:44am On Aug 25, 2018
Got my passport yesterday. Had to immediately book my flight. I’m off today. I really appreciate every honest input on this thread. Seriously Nairaland is underrated!! My story is a bit different, it’s more of favor than merit! God has been surprising me all round.
I wrote my exams at a time when it was almost impossible to get a school accepting applications for fall 2018. Wrote the GRE in March, Toefl in April. I could only come up with 2 schs that were still accepting applications; St. Cloud State Uni and Georgia southern uni. Applied to SCSU. I almost gave up at some point when I was lost on how to go about Wes. Completed Wes a month and 5 days after deadline (May 15). Got admitted June 20. Booked visa appointment on August 17 ( (7:15AM)
Was interviewed by a fair lady in her mid 30’s at window 5. Blue paper was flying everywhere. She denied the army officer before me, dude was fully kitted. Was like ehnnnn mogbe
Transcript
VO: Good morning
Me: Morning
Where are you going?
I’m going to St. Cloud State University, 720 4th Avenue south, MN for a research Masters program in Gerontology with a concentration in Bio-gerontology.
VO: oh.. I see you have a partial scholarship how did you get it?
Me: Ermm.. We’ll I think I had a convinsing SOP and maybe my publications and test helped too.
VO: *types for a while* What were your test scores
Me: GRE 291, Toefl 78
VO: Can I have your personal statement of account
Me: *hands her* not looking satisfied so i quickly handed her my mums SOA
VO: ok.. I’ll be approving your visa but I need you to sign here *points to I-20*
Me: ok ma’am.. God bless you!
Was actually considering differing till spring but then I received a GA offer on Monday that included part tuition remission and monthly stipends! Had to stay putttt! Thank you all. Flight is 12PM lemme sleep small. God bless!

37 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.