Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,569 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (798265 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 4:07pm On Feb 01, 2019
samdgreat2011:
Good morning to everyone here (Nigerian time).

I did a Skype interview yesterday for my PhD application to USF. It was a very friendly chat, took around 23 mins. Seems I'm going to get a good funding.

My question is this.

I wish to go with my wife and baby. How feasible is it for us to get our f1 and f2 visas at the same time and travel together (I'm referring to visa application/VO issues).

I know there issues about home ties etc, hence this question.

Very feasible provided your funding can cover the amount needed for the 3 of you. She can say she is a stay at home mom since you had your child and you guys want to remain together. If you have some good savings, go with the account to show additional proof of funds resides what you get from the funding.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 4:08pm On Feb 01, 2019
Predstan:

Hi GboyegaD. Can I send you a Pm. I want to discuss something with you. I got HND and was denied Visa last year.

Yes you can. To others who sent me a PM will respond when I get on my computer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 4:10pm On Feb 01, 2019
yemyem4uall:
Hi guys, has anybody with HND got master degree admission and granted Visa to USA before? If yes, please, let me kno his testimony/transcript trend

People have gotten PhD admit with HND and got their visas.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 4:11pm On Feb 01, 2019
Nad95:

Hi, GboyegaD. Please dont stop doing good. Can I sent you a PM? Thanks.

Yes, you can.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 4:14pm On Feb 01, 2019
Kaylhey20:

Good day sir, I feel you're referring to me. I actually got a message from @Bikeman and @Idibia18 , I also sent one to @fairheart. Unfortunately, I didn't get your pm. I'll send you one just right now. Thanks very much.

I got your PM, will reply you once I get on my computer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by presh68(f): 4:15pm On Feb 01, 2019
domex007:

which one is mushroom schools again grin grin grin grin grin
Hello my friend, You helped with a question I asked earlier concerning your visa being approved even though your sponsor is abroad.Pls I would like to know if u and your uncle had the same surname when your visa was approved, thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 4:16pm On Feb 01, 2019
BikeMan:
GboyegaD, this man is very credible. How far?Have you heard from those schools?

I stopped when I did not get a response to my PM. I got his PM today and will respond when I get on my computer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 4:21pm On Feb 01, 2019
Riqysuave:
Good day house, please in applying for a PhD which is more important ? is it one's undergraduate GPA or Master's GPA? I asked because I noticed that even for phds most schools still state that your undergraduate GPA should be ,say 3.0/4.0. In my own case my undergraduate GPA is 2.5/5 but my masters GPA is 3.98 / 5.0. I know that standardised test scores also play a role in deciding who gets admitted. But on the basis of GPA will my masters GPA remedy that of my undergraduate? Thank you.

It depends. In my case, one of the schools I got admission from stated that they admitted me based on my Masters performance but have fears that my undergraduate grades is not as high as those they would normally admit. That day, I laughed so hard because my undergraduate GPA was way above 3.0. In essence, brace up yourself for all kinds of response.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by James89: 4:28pm On Feb 01, 2019
Please house,I applied to a school here and have submitted my transcripts,GRE scores,Statement of purpose,Letters of recommendations but I haven’t been able to submit my TOEFL score,I can send the screenshots of the page for anyone to see,please I need help financially to register for the TOEFL exam,please anyone who can help me should please do this for me and make my dream a reality.please house.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 4:53pm On Feb 01, 2019
James89:
Please house,I applied to a school here and have submitted my transcripts,GRE scores,Statement of purpose,Letters of recommendations but I haven’t been able to submit my TOEFL score,I can send the screenshots of the page for anyone to see,please I need help financially to register for the TOEFL exam,please anyone who can help me should please do this for me and make my dream a reality.please house.

Very soon this will become a trend. People coming to ask for financial assistance. Toefl score can be waived, mail your school and let them know your undergraduate studies was done in English Language.

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dipomania070: 5:50pm On Feb 01, 2019
Who just got his WAEC sent to WES of recent and how long does it take WAEC to send because mine has been more than 2weeks and haven't heard anything yet from them
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kidUrbane: 6:07pm On Feb 01, 2019
dipomania070:
Who just got his WAEC sent to WES of recent and how long does it take WAEC to send because mine has been more than 2weeks and haven't heard anything yet from them

Hi
I sent mine last week and the FEDEX lady told me the processing time is between 2-3 weeks. After 2-3 weeks WAEC will forward your result to the courier company you selected. When the courier company receives the document from WAEC, you will get a tracking number from the courier company representative you met when you applied for the result. Thereafter, you should expect that’ll be delivered to WES within 3-5 days. Please understand that the duration may vary with the different courier companies available. Expect that it’ll take at least 4weeks from the day you applied for the result before it gets to WES. From my experience with WES I think it takes about 2-3 working days before they acknowledge the receipt of any document. Have you received your tracking number form the courier company? If you have, just keep tracking online.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Davidkking(m): 6:13pm On Feb 01, 2019
Guys abeg is berea college part of those mushroom schools.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 6:15pm On Feb 01, 2019
Davidkking:

Nope
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by samdgreat2011: 6:20pm On Feb 01, 2019
GboyegaD:

Very feasible provided your funding can cover the amount needed for the 3 of you. She can say she is a stay at home mom since you had your child and you guys want to remain together. If you have some good savings, go with the account to show additional proof of funds resides what you get from the funding.

Thanks Boss. Noted
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:20pm On Feb 01, 2019
Davidkking:

Impossible.... That a very good , old and established school . It's competitive to enter because they give all student full funding
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by BikeMan: 6:22pm On Feb 01, 2019
Davidkking:
Not at all,it's a cool school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dipomania070: 6:23pm On Feb 01, 2019
kidUrbane:

Hi
I sent mine last week and the FEDEX lady told me the processing time is between 2-3 weeks. After 2-3 weeks WAEC will forward your result to the courier company you selected. When the courier company receives the document from WAEC, you will get a tracking number from the courier company representative you met when you applied for the result. Thereafter, you should expect that’ll be delivered to WES within 3-5 days. Please understand that the duration may vary with the different courier companies available. Expect that it’ll take at least 4weeks from the day you applied for the result before it gets to WES. From my experience with WES I think it takes about 2-3 working days before they acknowledge the receipt of any document. Have you received your tracking number form the courier company? If you have, just keep tracking online.

Thank you for your time in helping me with this info. I actually applied for the confirmation at WAEC on the 16th of January. I was told by the courier agent(UPS) that it will take 2 weeks and then i will receive my tracking number. But i haven't heard from her. I think i will wait for some weeks more. That is the only documents delaying my evaluation with scratch card which i included with the application.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Davidkking(m): 6:23pm On Feb 01, 2019
BikeMan:
Not at all,it's a cool school.
Am asking cuz of the free education stuff
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Davidkking(m): 6:23pm On Feb 01, 2019
Thanks for the reply guYS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by BikeMan: 6:27pm On Feb 01, 2019
Davidkking:

Am asking cuz of the free education stuff
that doesn't mean it's a mushroom school, two nairalanders are studying there sef.It's a wonderful school and competitive to get admitted to.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by James89: 6:40pm On Feb 01, 2019
Ubah1:

Very soon this will become a trend. People coming to ask for financial assistance. Toefl score can be waived, mail your school and let them know your undergraduate studies was done in English Language.

Bro I’ve done this,I mailed the school,they said it can’t be waived,I can show you all the proofs you want,this is the only thing holding down my application,please I genuinely need help,anyone who can help should kindly assist me with the TOEFL registration.please house.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dipomania070: 7:00pm On Feb 01, 2019
James89:

Bro I’ve done this,I mailed the school,they said it can’t be waived,I can show you all the proofs you want,this is the only thing holding down my application,please I genuinely need help,anyone who can help should kindly assist me with the TOEFL registration.please house.

Ok
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 7:01pm On Feb 01, 2019
James89:

Well... few weeks back Lagosismyhome offered to help a guy pay his application fee, Immediately you asked her to help you 40$ application fee. Now, she has helped someone complete his IELTS registration money, you are here again asking for TOEFL own. Take it easy bro, that's all I will say.

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by presh68(f): 7:58pm On Feb 01, 2019
Hello everyone pls my sponsor is based abroad, we don't ve the same surname, pls is this a red flag,and please anyone who has or had a similar situation, I'll love to know what you all think.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by demmysoft: 8:14pm On Feb 01, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Which school is called MUM..... also with this amount listed above with no funding , it already looks like a mushroom school . Schooling in America is great but it not cheap

Also you need to aim for a degree program to qualify for F1 visa. What you typed doesn't look like a degree program

@ Lagosismyhome, MUM is Maharishi University of Management, its a .master degree program for computer professional who is proficient in Java programming. It's a funding program, but they require $5000 as specify earlier.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kidUrbane: 8:17pm On Feb 01, 2019
dipomania070:

Thank you for your time in helping me with this info. I actually applied for the confirmation at WAEC on the 16th of January. I was told by the courier agent(UPS) that it will take 2 weeks and then i will receive my tracking number. But i haven't heard from her. I think i will wait for some weeks more. That is the only documents delaying my evaluation with scratch card which i included with the application.

Pleasure boss. The FEDEX lady I met told me to call her if I don’t get details of my tracking number after 3 weeks but I don’t think I’ll wait tillafter 3 weeks because I know they can be funny and I don’t want to take any chances. I’ll suggest you call the UPS lady if you have her phone number. If she didn’t give it to you directly you can check the back of the WAEC receipt she might have written it there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dipomania070: 8:22pm On Feb 01, 2019
kidUrbane:

Pleasure boss. The FEDEX lady I met told me to call her if I don’t get details of my tracking number after 3 weeks but I don’t think I’ll wait tillafter 3 weeks because I know they can be funny and I don’t want to take any chances. I’ll suggest you call the UPS lady if you have her phone number. If she didn’t give it to you directly you can check the back of the WAEC receipt she might have written it there.

I called her today she said if WAEC has given her the document she will send me the tracking number. She said i should excercise a little patient. I hope WAEC gives it to her next week. I will let you know if it is done then.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nad95: 9:34pm On Feb 01, 2019
GboyegaD:

Yes, you can.
Hey, bro. I have replied your PM. Kindly check. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by presh68(f): 9:57pm On Feb 01, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Impossible.... That a very good , old and established school . It's competitive to enter because they give all student full funding
Good day ma,pls my sponsor is based abroad, we don't have the same surname,could this be a red flag,pls I need your opinion, thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by presh68(f): 9:59pm On Feb 01, 2019
presh68:
Hello everyone pls my sponsor is based abroad, we don't ve the same surname, pls is this a red flag,and please anyone who has or had a similar situation, I'll love to know what you all think.
Hello house I'm still waiting for a reply ,thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by BikeMan: 10:40pm On Feb 01, 2019
presh68:

Hello house I'm still waiting for a reply ,thanks
I'm not sure about issues like this.But I think it would fly well with the VO once you provide his bank statement and can explain why he's sponsoring you

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.