Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,228 members, 7,811,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (793622 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by chqakinns(m): 12:29am On Feb 02, 2019
Hello everyone,am really impressed with this thread..I salute GboyegaD,lagosismyome and the oda gurus...Am also applying for a master's prog in US...Can i have your email addy @ Gboyega,lagosismyome and other gurus so that you can put me on d right path to success?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by omomayelakesi: 1:21am On Feb 02, 2019
I just sent you a mail boss. Please reply at your convenience. Thank you
GboyegaD:

It depends. In my case, one of the schools I got admission from stated that they admitted me based on my Masters performance but have fears that my undergraduate grades is not as high as those they would normally admit. That day, I laughed so hard because my undergraduate GPA was way above 3.0. In essence, brace up yourself for all kinds of response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Chuxmiege: 1:44am On Feb 02, 2019
Greetings to everyone in the house. I got admitted in to a PhD program last year at the University of Florida and i have been in the US since August 2018. I intend bringing my family on an f2 visa but i am worried of visa denial. I have 4 sons and I am worried the VO will be hesitant to approve because of the number of children. I have all the requirements set with respect to financial proof and i have strong home ties because i still have a lecturing job with a federal University and a house. Do I have cause to be worried?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by KingsleyUmeh: 3:21am On Feb 02, 2019
[quote author=samdgreat2011 post=75325278
Good day guys, I'm very new to this thread, I'm applying to University of central Oklahoma(undergraduate)
I want to major in Biology (pharmacy) but Idk if dey give people studying that course visa. Or do I have to pick sensational courses like computer science or Engineering.
Also has anyone here heard or applied to the school I mentioned
Pardon me, I be novice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sheke01: 3:37am On Feb 02, 2019
yemyem4uall:
Hi guys, has anybody with HND got master degree admission and granted Visa to USA before? If yes, please, let me kno his testimony/transcript trend

Yea, Kirusky4life had her HND in naija but got admitted for masters in the US and got her visa too. I think I can remember her saying she got some scholarship too. I only fear you might have to evaluate your transcript using WES/ECE because from the little i know, not many schools admit applicants with HND
without external credential evaluation

I hope this helps you. You can pm Kirusky4Life for better guidance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sheke01: 3:50am On Feb 02, 2019
Daringtohope:
Hello everyone. I had my F-2 interview at Lagos Consulate on the 28th of January with my child and below is the transcript of what transpired.
VO: Pass your passport. I obliged.
VO: Which school is your husband studying.
Me: The University of “the state” in “city”.
VO: What is his program?
Me: PhD program
VO: When did he leave?
Me: He left on date, month, 2017.
VO: When did you get married?
Me: Mentioned date, month, 2014.
VO: How many children you do have?
Me: We have only one child and he is here with me.
VO: When will he finish his program.?
Me: I quickly used my hand to count and replied 2021/2022 because I know his PhD will take 4 to 5 years.
VO: How many years will you spend in the United States?
Me: I will like to be with my husband because it has been difficult since he left, my……
She cut me off, said sorry you are not qualified at this time and gave me rejection paper.
Note that the VO didn’t request for my I-20 and didn’t look at it. She didn’t ask for any other document. In fact, she wasn’t looking at me throughout the interview but was just typing. I would have liked to ask her why she denied me but it only came to my mind after I left.
Please help me scrutinize the transcript and suggest what I can do better. The denial has really been difficult for me to take. I do plan to reapply immediately and any suggestion will be useful. Thank you.

Like I said before, sometimes this embassy people just want you to come back again before they will grant you visa.

Let's paint a logical scenario where all visa applicants are genuine and have all documents, they cannot and will not grant everyone visa at the same time. They will grant some and deny some. So since you are genuine and have your documents, you just have to try try and try again. I believe you will be granted.

But please note this, the VO asked you how many years you will spend in the US, in my opinion, you should have given her a straight answer stating the number of years instead of trying to play a word game. It was an open and close question and so you should give an open and close answer.

Your husband is on a PhD program and so you should get your F2 visa it's easier for F2 applicant whose spouse is on a funded PhD program.

All in all, this might just be a straight attempt from the embassy to collect another 57600 from you. Dust yourself and apply again.

Hope this helps you.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sheke01: 4:03am On Feb 02, 2019
Vickglam:
Hello everyone, i need your advice on this issue, i have bsc in computer science but i want to apply for BSC nursing in the US, what's my chance of getting a visa, thanks

Why move from masters in Computer science to Bsc in nursing.

You can still do your masters in Computer science and work in health care. Health care programming like HL7 and the likes are in high demand in the US right now except saving life and touching blood has suddenly became your calling after 4 years of studying computer science and a few semseter into a masters degree.

But if this switch is solely based on monetary rewards, then in my opinion, it is a bad decision. First, you can make as much money as a computer scientist as you will make as a nurse. Secondly, completing a nursing degree will cost you much more money and more years of your life, then you might need to take other professional courses to climb up the ladder in this field. With a master you can dream bigger and venture into new things easily.

From the interview perspective, it will likely be a miracle because it will be so hard to convince a VO on the sudden change from the perceived in demand computer science to nursing.

Towing the path someone earlier adviced you is logical but do you really want to do that? Do you have the financial backing to foot 4 years of studying nursing as an international student here?

I hope all this my blabbing helps you make the right decision shai. Success in whatever you choose to do

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by oluezekiel(m): 5:04am On Feb 02, 2019
Predstan:

Hi GboyegaD. Can I send you a Pm. I want to discuss something with you. I got HND and was denied Visa last year.
You were not denied because of your degree. You will need to give details of your profile and possibly, your interview transcript.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Bracha: 5:51am On Feb 02, 2019
GboyegaD:

Going forward, I think I will leave the undergraduate students to their race. Imagine a guy that came 2 weeks ago claiming he had a high score. I had called a few schools on his behalf claiming he is my cousin and already discussing with their honors college, asked him to send me a PM he didn't, and I sent him one with no response till date. Guess I am not going to stick my head out anymore.

Hi,

I know what he did was really painful - I would be pissed too if I were in you shoes - but please don't stop helping other undergraduates because of one ignorant person. He doesn't deserve that 'triumph'. Please don't be mad, he's either just a child or a scam artist.

Cheers.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Enasdan(m): 6:45am On Feb 02, 2019
Please I don't know if umarried at 34 is a red flag, I had an HND in agricultural engineering, I applied for MBA in healthcare management in a private university, no funding, my aunt as my sponsor I was denied twice last year Fall and Spring 2018.
no standardized tests, 34yrs still single, current work in a diagnostic centre learn #130000. these are what I filled in my DS-160 form.

please what is wrong with my profile, I need your advice. Thanks so much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by BikeMan: 8:04am On Feb 02, 2019
Enasdan:
Please I don't know if umarried at 34 is a red flag, I had an HND in agricultural engineering, I applied for MBA in healthcare management in a private university, no funding, my aunt as my sponsor I was denied twice last year Fall and Spring 2018.
no standardized tests, 34yrs still single, current work in a diagnostic centre learn #130000. these are what I filled in my DS-160 form.

please what is wrong with my profile, I need your advice. Thanks so much.
No tests maybe
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by BikeMan: 8:08am On Feb 02, 2019
KingsleyUmeh:
[quote author=samdgreat2011 post=75325278
Good day guys, I'm very new to this thread, I'm applying to University of central Oklahoma(undergraduate)
I want to major in Biology (pharmacy) but Idk if dey give people studying that course visa. Or do I have to pick sensational courses like computer science or Engineering.
Also has anyone here heard or applied to the school I mentioned
Pardon me, I be novice
Biology and Pharmacy are two different majors o.But why won't they give you visa for any of both? grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 8:22am On Feb 02, 2019
oluezekiel:

You were not denied because of your degree. You will need to give details of your profile and possibly, your interview transcript.

Yeah I understand that. I wanted to talk to him about something that's why I point it out that I have HND. I have my transcript on this thread already
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by JoeBazz(m): 8:32am On Feb 02, 2019
My F1 Visa interview is next week and I didn't write any standardized test, am admitted to california miramar University for master's in computer information systems. what is my chance of getting the visa?
Please I need your 2cent on this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dipomania070: 8:41am On Feb 02, 2019
JoeBazz:
My F1 Visa interview is next week and I didn't write any standardized test, am admitted to california miramar University for master's in computer information systems. what is my chance of getting the visa?

When is your program starting?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by JoeBazz(m): 8:53am On Feb 02, 2019
21 of February is compulsory orientation and classes start 4th of March as started on my i20
dipomania070:

When is your program starting?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 8:56am On Feb 02, 2019
JoeBazz:
21 of February is compulsory orientation and classes start 4th of March as started on my i20

I know that school is designed for programming and Coding. They require that you write a code before u were admitted and you also have to write that code when u arrive on campus. That may be ur best bet when asked about standardized test.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dipomania070: 9:00am On Feb 02, 2019
JoeBazz:

Ok. I believe standardized test helps but in this case go for your interview and make sure you dont leave out any supporting documents that will be helpful for you as i know couple of people who were granted visa without any test. You will get it from my own perspective, dont panic. Also most important PRAY. No one here can guarantee or tell you the chances of getting a visa only the VO can. Just be positive and the result will be positive.

My 2cent. Thank me later

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by JoeBazz(m): 9:18am On Feb 02, 2019
Thank you for your advice, I will add it to my proposed transcript
Predstan:

I know that school is designed for programming and Coding. They require that you write a code before u were admitted and you also have to write that code when u arrive on campus. That may be ur best bet when asked about standardized test.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by JoeBazz(m): 9:19am On Feb 02, 2019
Thank you...I really appreciate, we will all have testimonies
dipomania070:

Ok. I believe standardized test helps but in this case go for your interview and make sure you dont leave out any supporting documents that will be helpful for you as i know couple of people who were granted visa without any test. You will get it from my own perspective, dont panic. Also most important PRAY. No one here can guarantee or tell you the chances of getting a visa only the VO can. Just be positive and the result will be positive.

My 2cent. Thank me later

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 9:54am On Feb 02, 2019
JoeBazz:

Cancel your appointment and look for better university. My one cent

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by purplebloom: 9:56am On Feb 02, 2019
Good morning everyone,

I'm in the process of applying to schools in the US for my masters degree but I realized that the priority dealine for funding/ Graduate assistantship in most schools have elasped, although the application is still ongoing till May for 2019 fall admission. Now my question is this, if I go ahead to apply, is there going to be a possibility for me to be considered for funding/graduate assistantship? thanks for a quick response
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 9:57am On Feb 02, 2019
@ JoeBazz
Ubah1:

Well, If am you, I will avoid schools under ACICS as their accreditation were revoked in 2016 and later reinstated temporarily in April 2018. Students going to the embassy with those schools might get visa refusal as ACICS recognition isn't in full force yet.

Here is a link to know schools under ACICS :

http://personify.acics.org/ACICSMemberDirectory.aspx

Some of the popular ones used by Nigerians are:

1. iGlobal University
2. Virginia International University
3. California Miramar University
4. Northwestern Polytechnic University
5. Bryan University
6. Lincoln University, CA
7. Colorado Heights University
8. Stratford University
9. Pacific Institute of Technology
10. University of North America
11. Texas Health and Science University

Here is the announcement of Department of Education on this issue.

https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/2016/12/acics-loss-of-accreditation-what-it-means-for-schools-and-international-students

My advise is for students is to avoid schools under ACICS until it's fully recognised by the U.S Department of Education
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by walex57(m): 9:58am On Feb 02, 2019
Boss2411:

2260/2400 for Christ sake
You are a bloody liar! I've been reading your posts and I'm sorry to say ....you are full of bullsh*t (please pardon my language everyone and my able moderator)
I thought everyone will see through your lies.. How do I know you are lying, These:
1. First you claimed to score 1256 in SAT and 99 in TOEFL... When you saw you were being closed in on, you switched to...
2. 1452 in SAT... Then again people closed in on you then...
3. You claimed you didnt know that Harvard and Brown are competitive schools? shocked Who the hell doesn't know that any ivy league school is extremely competitive..then
4. You claimed to score 2260 in SAT and you didn't know how it was calculated....How the heck did you get an admission into Harvard when you cannot do simple calculation....then again...
5. Your written english sucks....I did not want to talk about this so as not to seem like I was judging you but I wonder how Harvard will give you admission with such poor grammar composition.

For a Harvard admission? Even those who are offered admission under Affirmative Action still have to be ultra-smart in every facet of their studies not to talk of an international student applicant. Even if you have the money, Harvard has a strict standard to uphold!

I'm not sure what your intent is but please this is a forum for very serious applicants...we aren't here to play games!

Everyone please pardon my manners today. I just get angry when I see people trying to make fun of seriousness!

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 10:00am On Feb 02, 2019
purplebloom:
Good morning everyone,

I'm in the process of applying to schools in the US for my masters degree but I realized that the priority dealine for funding/ Graduate assistantship in most schools have elasped, although the application is still ongoing till May for 2019 fall admission. Now my question is this, if I go ahead to apply, is there going to be a possibility for me to be considered for funding/graduate assistantship? thanks for a quick response

Only your school can tell you this, mail your graduate program coordinator for advise on this and ask for availability of funding
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by JoeBazz(m): 10:09am On Feb 02, 2019
But California Miramar university is on the list of home land security and sevis accredited school. It is accredited by United State department of education. My believe is that Americans and people of the western world are not sentimental in their official rendering of their services. Since it is accredited they will give visa to students that applied to the school and quality for the visa. That's my view.
Ubah1:
@ JoeBazz
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kolalekan(m): 10:19am On Feb 02, 2019
JoeBazz:
But California Miramar university is on the list of home land security and sevis accredited school. It is accredited by United State department of education. My believe is that Americans and people of the western world are not sentimental in their official rendering of their services. Since it is accredited they will give visa to students that applied to the school and quality for the visa. That's my view.
Then why come here for opinions. If you're confident about Miramar or what is it called, go ahead with your interview with the school on your i20.

Nobody is begging you to desist from the school, 2 people only gave a bit of advice.
It's a free world.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kolalekan(m): 10:20am On Feb 02, 2019
walex57:

You are a bloody liar! I've been reading your posts and I'm sorry to say ....you are full of bullsh*t (please pardon my language everyone and my able moderator)
I thought everyone will see through your lies.. How do I know you are lying, These:
1. First you claimed to score 1256 in SAT and 99 in TOEFL... When you saw you were being closed in on, you switched to...
2. 1452 in SAT... Then again people closed in on you then...
3. You claimed you didnt know that Harvard and Brown are competitive schools? shocked Who the hell doesn't know that any ivy league school is extremely competitive..then
4. You claimed to score 2260 in SAT and you didn't know how it was calculated....How the heck did you get an admission into Harvard when you cannot do simple calculation....then again...
5. Your written english sucks....I did not want to talk about this so as not to seem like I was judging you but I wonder how Harvard will give you admission with such poor grammar composition.

For a Harvard admission? Even those who are offered admission under Affirmative Action still have to be ultra-smart in every facet of their studies not to talk of an international student applicant. Even if you have the money, Harvard has a strict standard to uphold!

I'm not sure what your intent is but please this is a forum for very serious applicants...we aren't here to play games!

Everyone please pardon my manners today. I just get angry when I see people trying to make fun of seriousness!

The boy is not serious, just some bit of troll who think every thread on nairaland is a joke

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by JoeBazz(m): 10:40am On Feb 02, 2019
Honestly this is harsh, I need words of encouragement and not words of discouragement at this time that my interview is near, I don't know how some people think at times. Anyway thanks to everyone that advised and encouraged me.
kolalekan:

Then why come here for opinions. If you're confident about Miramar or what is it called, go ahead with your interview with the school on your i20.

Nobody is begging you to desist from the school, 2 people only gave a bit of advice.
It's a free world.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kolalekan(m): 10:55am On Feb 02, 2019
JoeBazz:
Honestly this is harsh, I need words of encouragement and not words of discouragement at this time that my interview is near, I don't know how some people think at times. Anyway thanks to everyone that advised and encouraged me.
Oh I'm sorry for that. Your interview is near, rather than going for your interview with a school that reduces your chances of getting a visa, people who were generous enough to advise you gave you an advice.

The simple truth is a very little amount of people get visas from these schools, so many people have gotten their visas denied this past few months - we don't want you to increase the number...

NB: I am not saying people cannot get visas from these schools, I am only implying the chances are lower, compared to another school.
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Humble11: 11:00am On Feb 02, 2019
JoeBazz:

Check this thread, almost all visa refusal are from those that went with California Miramar university. Please cancel your appointment and aim for summer or fall 2019. I can help you with better schools to apply to. I guess you didn't write GRE, that's why u applied there.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.