Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,006 members, 7,810,793 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (793342 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by temiie: 4:13pm On Feb 03, 2019
Please!Please! I need help to send my SAT scores today is the deadline but I asked for more time from the schools. Please help me, I would pay whoever sends the score in naira.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CuteRedd(f): 5:09pm On Feb 03, 2019
temiie:
Please!Please! I need help to send my SAT scores today is the deadline but I asked for more time from the schools. Please help me, I would pay whoever sends the score in naira.
download getbarter from play store register and and create a getbarter dollar card to make your transaction or use a gtbank card/access. Be careful of sending money to people to make payments for you. People have complained on this thread of being scammed.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LordSir1: 5:36pm On Feb 03, 2019
Ubah1:

For MEng program anywhere , you don't need to secure a supervisor as it is coursework program. The reason why most people don't go for MEng program is because it's not funded and normally expensive. If you have the resources, you can go on with the application. Am sure you will secure an admission easily for MEng.
thank you very much ��
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by BarristerAlarig: 5:36pm On Feb 03, 2019
[quote author=CuteRedd post=75382216]download getbarter from play store register and and create a getbarter dollar card to make your transaction or use a gtbank card/access. Be careful of sending money to people to make payments for you. People have complained on this thread of being scammed. [/quote

Please, how does the getbarter app work??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CuteRedd(f): 6:06pm On Feb 03, 2019
[quote author=BarristerAlarig post=75382829][/quote]download it, it's pretty straightforward. Use ur naira account to fund/create a dollar card, then use the information given to u as a billing address hence forth when u use the card
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by BikeMan: 6:30pm On Feb 03, 2019
CuteRedd:
download it, it's pretty straightforward. Use ur naira account to fund/create a dollar card, then use the information given to u as a billing address hence forth when u use the card
Do they charge anything for transaction?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CuteRedd(f): 7:12pm On Feb 03, 2019
BikeMan:
Do they charge anything for transaction?
nope I guess they make their money from currency exchange rate which is fair. Also they charge I think 100-150naira if you want to transfer the money from the dollar card back to your original naira bank account.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Emmalexpharm: 7:34pm On Feb 03, 2019
Hello group. Mehn Ave been feedup tryna find full funding scholarships to study pharmacy. Like I don search tiyaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!! Cuz as our Naira too poor if I get only tuition I may work out my ass trying to pay off house dues,electricity,etc. It's that not true? Pls brothers Abeg help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Demonicide(f): 7:44pm On Feb 03, 2019
Can HND with 3.5GPA apply for PHD?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by BikeMan: 7:59pm On Feb 03, 2019
Emmalexpharm:
Hello group. Mehn Ave been feedup tryna find full funding scholarships to study pharmacy. Like I don search tiyaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!! Cuz as our Naira too poor if I get only tuition I may work out my ass trying to pay off house dues,electricity,etc. It's that not true? Pls brothers Abeg help
PG or UG?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Emmalexpharm: 9:51pm On Feb 03, 2019
BikeMan:
PG or UG?

Thanks. Undergraduate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by BikeMan: 11:05pm On Feb 03, 2019
Emmalexpharm:

Thanks. Undergraduate
There are schools that give full rides,I'm not just certain if that applies to Pharmacy. You gotta send mails to enquire
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:03am On Feb 04, 2019
Emmalexpharm:

Pharmacy is a tricky one in the USA. It one of those second degree courses such as Medicine , law etc. So for example a 4 years Bachelor's (B.Sc.) of pharmacy degree doesn't exist in the U.S. . You have to have for example a bsc in another course before going for pharmacy. The degree offered is Pharm.D which is pretty much a doctorate phd degree

So maybe what you need , is look at what first Bsc you can do that will eventually leads to pharmacy (pre- pharmacy or bsc biology, bsc chemistry etc ) and then focus on admission/ funding in that area

Read this link to have an overview of Pharmacy in the US:
https://www.aacp.org/resource/international-students-and-graduates
https://www.amideast.org/usstudy/fields-study/health-professions-and-medicine/us-pharmacy-study-preparation-and-admissions

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2Smile(m): 1:59am On Feb 04, 2019
shakaz:

Oga mi @Time2smile. Been awhile. I hope Yankee is treating you well.

Please I need your suggestion. I have applied to four programs in the US and I am yet to receive any decisions. In order to increase my chances, I intend applying to KAUST in Saudi Arabia. The issue now is that I read the school is very selective and seeing that they require official test scores, I don't want to waste money for this venture if my chances are very slim

My profile :
Applying for MS Electrical Engineering

GRE : 313 (Q161 V152) AW 3.5
TOEFL : 101 ( 27 27 22 25)
CGPA: 4.31/5.00 (Wes igpa 3.60/4.00)

Please, the question is open to everyone ...I just qouted you because I am aware you applied to same school during your applications. Thanks to everyone in anticipation.
I will never be the one to discourage anyone from applying to a particular school. So if the resources needed to apply is within your means, you can go on and apply and don't let the competiveness perturb you.

I am hopeful one of the schools you have applied to will come through with admission with funding. Maintain the faith.
Yankee is treating me well enough. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by alexohams2000(m): 6:50am On Feb 04, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Welcome to America and May God bless your new journey

Please drop a transcript of your visa interview and what your AP process was like so others can be informed about a thing or two . Tanks

Hello, I sure will drop the transcripts, missed three weeks of lectures so trying so hard to catch up... before I drop that when I am free, points to note, first, my interview was not in Nigeria, the questions were just so spontaneous, totally different from what's in here but then haven prepared exceptionally for the usual questions, I swept through.

As for my Initial AP status, I spent almost three weeks waiting and praying, but the the inspiration/advise came and I bombarded the embassy with emails and next day they acted, all thanks to God it came out positive. My advise to anyone future AP 'victim', please, wait for the embassy for like a week, if you don't hear from them, e-mail them and cal. Ignore that shit in that paper telling you not to contact until after 60 days, I mean...

My experience so far in brief: Education pass education, there's almost no education in Nigeria, don't come here and argue with me before I vex oo. My first lecture here, I almost weeped for my country and continent. Nigeria is still farrrrrr.

My school needs more African students though, we are about 10 here from Africa and 4 of us are Nigerians. I am the only graduate student here from Nigeria and in coming weeks I will be officially going around different states/localities that have notable African communities to create awareness...beginning with Houston here.

May God bless Nigeria! May God bless Africa! God has blessed America mehn!!!!!!

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Enasdan(m): 7:22am On Feb 04, 2019
Enasdan:
please I do need all your advice and options on this transcript.
I was only asked by the Vo if I took standardized tests in my second interview,
Me: no it was waive for me because my transcript evaluation GPA was above 3.0 and with a convincing letter of intent.
Vo. why didn't you go to Abuja for your interview?
me: I was on an official assignment in Abuja that period, I decided to chose Abuja that period
Vo: what has changed in your application as the last time you went to Abuja?
Me: I have worked on myself and confidence to demonstrate my intention to study in the US
Vo: Mr Man can you tell me what you didn't tell the Vo in Abuja?
me: it took me time to answer this question, this question was strange to me, I cracked in my voice
Vo: where do you work? in my first interview the Vo asked this question
me: kkk diagnostic centre, exactly what I told the Vo in Abuja
then she issued the blue paper
I studied agricultural engineering but I applied for an MBA in healthcare management in a private university in Maine.
please I need someone to comment and help in this, thanks so much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Senatorbee(m): 7:34am On Feb 04, 2019
alexohams2000:

Hello, I sure will drop the transcripts, missed three weeks of lectures so trying so hard to catch up... before I drop that when I am free, points to note, first, my interview was not in Nigeria, the questions were just so spontaneous, totally different from what's in here but then haven prepared exceptionally for the usual questions, I swept through.

As for my Initial AP status, I spent almost three weeks waiting and praying, but the the inspiration/advise came and I bombarded the embassy with emails and next day they acted, all thanks to God it came out positive. My advise to anyone future AP 'victim', please, wait for the embassy for like a week, if you don't hear from them, e-mail them and cal. Ignore that shit in that paper telling you not to contact until after 60 days, I mean...

My experience so far in brief: Education pass education, there's almost no education in Nigeria, don't come here and argue with me before I vex oo. My first lecture here, I almost weeped for my country and continent. Nigeria is still farrrrrr.

My school needs more African students though, we are about 10 here from Africa and 4 of us are Nigerians. I am the only graduate student here from Nigeria and in coming weeks I will be officially going around different states/localities that have notable African communities to create awareness...beginning with Houston here.

Please what is the name of the school and do they give funding

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 1stdami(m): 8:24am On Feb 04, 2019
Congratulations bro. Yet you didn't drop the name of the school grin grin
alexohams2000:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by pvaila(f): 10:05am On Feb 04, 2019

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by pvaila(f): 10:06am On Feb 04, 2019

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by pvaila(f): 10:21am On Feb 04, 2019
If you need help with anything related to being an international student in Nigeria, do let me know! I'd be glad to help. smiley

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Emmalexpharm: 10:29am On Feb 04, 2019
My sister, am a Nigerian am over Interested in studying pharmacy abroad but restricted to scholarships only due to finance. And ave been toiling day and night searching for fully funded scholarships cause I think if I find only tuition scholarships,i will find it hard to covering accomodation,feeding,health and other debts with working while studying. Am I right? pls
pvaila:
If you need help with anything related to being an international student in Nigeria, do let me know! I'd be glad to help. smiley
help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 11:04am On Feb 04, 2019
Emmalexpharm:
My sister, am a Nigerian am over Interested in studying pharmacy abroad but restricted to scholarships only due to finance. And ave been toiling day and night searching for fully funded scholarships cause I think if I find only tuition scholarships,i will find it hard to covering accomodation,feeding,health and other debts with working while studying. Am I right? pls help

Didn't you see the reply of Lagosismyhome on this? You can't do pharmacy as a first degree in USA. Shift your focus on other related courses that will allow you to do pharmacy later as a second degree.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Happiness67: 12:45pm On Feb 04, 2019
Please, I urgently want to ask,I have two questions, I have asked before but no response, I have a foreign sponsor for my F1 studentship , he lives in a carribean country, guyana...does the VO's accept this kind of sponsorship? Do they look favorably into applications with a foreign bank account? Hope they will be able to verify the account easily?
The second question,pls what does 40% tuition scholarship for 'fall 2019 semester' entails? Does it cover just one semester or for the academic year? Any replies will be appreciated
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by izeekss: 12:55pm On Feb 04, 2019
1stdami:
Congratulations bro. Yet you didn't drop the name of the school grin grin

The name of the school is Liberty University Lynchburg Virginia.
As for funding, the guy will best answer that question.

Note that he made 50% tuition deposit before he was sent his admission letter and I20 form.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Dhavido(m): 1:05pm On Feb 04, 2019
Good afternoon guys! Please, I’ll need a link to any thread on TOEFL. I’ll be glad if anyone can post it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by izeekss: 2:03pm On Feb 04, 2019
Dhavido:
Good afternoon guys! Please, I’ll need a link to any thread on TOEFL. I’ll be glad if anyone can post it.
Check this out:
https://www.nairaland.com/3217800/preparing-toefl-already-taken-toefl
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Dhavido(m): 3:25pm On Feb 04, 2019
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Mayflowa(m): 5:20pm On Feb 04, 2019
Demonicide:
Can HND with 3.5GPA apply for PHD?

Not directly, some schools may take you for their Master programs. You can then upgrade it to PhD

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Mayflowa(m): 5:33pm On Feb 04, 2019
Enasdan:
please I do need all your advice and options on this transcript.
I was only asked by the Vo if I took standardized tests in my second interview,
Me: no it was waive for me because my transcript evaluation GPA was above 3.0 and with a convincing letter of intent.
Vo. why didn't you go to Abuja for your interview?
me: I was on an official assignment in Abuja that period, I decided to chose Abuja that period
Vo: what has changed in your application as the last time you went to Abuja?
Me: I have worked on myself and confidence to demonstrate my intention to study in the US
Vo: Mr Man can you tell me what you didn't tell the Vo in Abuja?
me: it took me time to answer this question, this question was strange to me, I cracked in my voice
Vo: where do you work? in my first interview the Vo asked this question
me: kkk diagnostic centre, exactly what I told the Vo in Abuja
then she issued the blue paper
I studied agricultural engineering but I applied for an MBA in healthcare management in a private university in Maine.

Sorry man. You probably wait a little while , then fire up again. I hope they are not bias towards you because of your work place. KKK is the most dreaded and resentful name in America. It stands for Ku Klux Klan. No one wants to identify with that name in America

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by shakaz(m): 6:35pm On Feb 04, 2019
Time2Smile:

I will never be the one to discourage anyone from applying to a particular school. So if the resources needed to apply is within your means, you can go on and apply and don't let the competiveness perturb you.

I am hopeful one of the schools you have applied to will come through with admission with funding. Maintain the faith.
Yankee is treating me well enough. Thank you.
Thanks so much @Time2smile I'm hopeful too. I guess I will go through with the application then. Also, were you offered admission at KAUST when you applied there?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 6:49pm On Feb 04, 2019
shakaz:

Oga mi @Time2smile. Been awhile. I hope Yankee is treating you well.

Please I need your suggestion. I have applied to four programs in the US and I am yet to receive any decisions. In order to increase my chances, I intend applying to KAUST in Saudi Arabia. The issue now is that I read the school is very selective and seeing that they require official test scores, I don't want to waste money for this venture if my chances are very slim

My profile :
Applying for MS Electrical Engineering

GRE : 313 (Q161 V152) AW 3.5
TOEFL : 101 ( 27 27 22 25)
CGPA: 4.31/5.00 (Wes igpa 3.60/4.00)

Please, the question is open to everyone ...I just qouted you because I am aware you applied to same school during your applications. Thanks to everyone in anticipation.

I would say your profile is strong enough, just search for schools that you would be competitive enough for admission and that are still accepting application for Fall.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.