Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,550 members, 7,816,334 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (795673 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 5:19pm On Feb 27, 2019
JoeBazz:
Hello house...I got the below message via email from Eastern Illinois university:

I am currently reviewing your application to the MS in Cybersecurity – please know that your transcripts cannot be authenticated. As such, your application will not be moved forward.

Accordingly, I am advising you to mail us an official transcripts certified by the Office of the Federal Ministry of Education in your home country in Nigeria. You have also the option to have your transcripts certified by the Education USA Office in Nigeria. The Education USA is located at the following address in Nigeria:

U.S. Consulate Lagos

EducationUSA Advising Center

Public Affairs Section

2 Walter Carrington Crescent Victoria Island Lagos Nigeria

What do you think I should do in this situation?

Do what they asked for

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tactmayor: 5:44pm On Feb 27, 2019
tactmayor:
Please I need help to send my GRE scores while I transfer
Please...I am still waiting for response
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by JoeBazz(m): 7:28pm On Feb 27, 2019
I don't know maybe after processing my official transcript I will have to take it to federal ministry of education or education USA
For it to be certified before sending to the school or the official transcript sent straight from my school will do.
Time2win:

Do what they asked for
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 7:57pm On Feb 27, 2019
JoeBazz:
I don't know maybe after processing my official transcript I will have to take it to federal ministry of education or education USA
For it to be certified before sending to the school or the official transcript sent straight from my school will do.

Going through the education USA route will cost you money, you have to register with them (registration fee is 200$ but i think the flat rate in naira is around 35k), send your official transcript to them and ask them to forward it to your school.

If you decide to certify it at federal ministry, you will have to get an official copy from your school and certify it at federal ministry of education. Then you send it to the school through post office which takes 21days or use courier services like dhl, ups, fedex.

Any option you choose, you will spend money. Be sure you will get the admission before passing through this stress or just forget the school.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Merico96: 10:19pm On Feb 27, 2019
Please someone should help me attend to this
Merico96:
Hello house
I got undergraduate admission to study computer science at Ashland university Ohio. My uncle will be the sponsor. I want to know the necessary funding documents needed for visa and what I should do in applying for the visa so I don't make mistakes
The sponsor himself lives in USA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by JoeBazz(m): 10:54pm On Feb 27, 2019
Thanks for this information...
I'm very grateful
Time2win:

Going through the education USA route will cost you money, you have to register with them (registration fee is 200$ but i think the flat rate in naira is around 35k), send your official transcript to them and ask them to forward it to your school.

If you decide to certify it at federal ministry, you will have to get an official copy from your school and certify it at federal ministry of education. Then you send it to the school through post office which takes 21days or use courier services like dhl, ups, fedex.

Any option you choose, you will spend money. Be sure you will get the admission before passing through this stress or just forget the school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tactmayor: 11:06pm On Feb 27, 2019
Please guys...I need someone to help send my GRE scores while I transfer in naira
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by PortableGlo: 4:17am On Feb 28, 2019
Can somone paying for your trip mean the same as 'sponsor'... am kinda confused here bcus while filling d D-160, i fill my mum is paying for my trip but my mum don't have the expected amount i need in her account nd my uncle decided to give me his statement of account.

My question is should I tell the VO my uncle is my sponsor or my mum... pls help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jkzie(m): 4:56am On Feb 28, 2019
JoeBazz:
Hello house...I got the below message via email from Eastern Illinois university:

I am currently reviewing your application to the MS in Cybersecurity – please know that your transcripts cannot be authenticated. As such, your application will not be moved forward.

Accordingly, I am advising you to mail us an official transcripts certified by the Office of the Federal Ministry of Education in your home country in Nigeria. You have also the option to have your transcripts certified by the Education USA Office in Nigeria. The Education USA is located at the following address in Nigeria:

U.S. Consulate Lagos

EducationUSA Advising Center

Public Affairs Section

2 Walter Carrington Crescent Victoria Island Lagos Nigeria

What do you think I should do in this situation?

Ensure you use one consolidated account...
It's not advisable to use a business account, rather a private account...
Because Embassy prefers private savings rather business account... The later can only be use if you are given scholarship by a business/corporate entity
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jkzie(m): 5:04am On Feb 28, 2019
PortableGlo:
Can somone paying for your trip mean the same as 'sponsor'... am kinda confused here bcus while filling d D-160, i fill my mum is paying for my trip but my mum don't have the expected amount i need in her account nd my uncle decided to give me his statement of account.

My question is should I tell the VO my uncle is my sponsor or my mum... pls help.

Please avert conflict of information, especially when it comes to finance... This is very sensitive...
I will advise u do put ur uncle...

Most pple who have gotten their visa, use someone. SOA with bouyant account as their sponsor just for documentation, whereas all expenditure are done by them...
Let's be careful along the sensitive requirements
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ola9292(m): 6:15am On Feb 28, 2019
Time2win:

Search google. university of new haven will admit u with this profile for industrial engineering
Thanks so much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by PortableGlo: 7:30am On Feb 28, 2019
But I already submitted d form... can I still claim my uncle is my sponsor?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tactmayor: 9:20am On Feb 28, 2019
tactmayor:
Please guys...I need someone to help send my GRE scores while I transfer in naira

So no one can help with sending gre scores sad sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pefuele(m): 10:03am On Feb 28, 2019
Good day peeps,
Please I wanna ask a question?
I know universities in the US have unique SEVIS ID.
Is it possible that I can transfer SEVIS ID in Nigeria?
Because I have a valid SEVIS fee for EIU and I want to request for TAMUK i-20 and I want to transfer the SEVIS ID to TAMUK.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kaffyyet(f): 10:29am On Feb 28, 2019
Good morning house, please I'm new here,although I have been reading some posts on this forum. I was denied an f1 visa last week. Below is my transcript, kindly help me with corrections. I am planning to go again
V. O - why do you want to study in the USA 
Me - it is because US system of education is the best across the globe and it has a high influence ......
V. O- cut me off,  why do you choose this school? 
Me - it is because I would be able to graduate in as little as 2.5 years because of their accelerated education format
V. O- how many schools do you applied to 
Me- 2
V. O - name them? 
Me- ecpi university and university of Houston 
V. O - do you write any test
Me- no,it was waived by the school 
V. O- why do you choose this course
Me - I have the passion to save people's live, to assist people to live a better live......... 
V. O - cuts me off , What will you specialize in
Me- health care administration and management 
V. O - what will you specialize in..... He asked again 
Me - health care administrator 
V. O - are you married 
Me - yes
V. O - do you have kids
Me - yes
V. O- how many 
Me - 2
V. O - who will be paying 
Me- my husband 
V. O - can I  have his bank statement 
Me- sure.... as I passed it
V. O - thank you for applying but you are not qualified this time

I also want to ask a question on the ds-160 form which says " your intended period of stay in the USA " should I still answer it by saying 2 years knowing fully well that my course will take me up to 2.5 years. As they say they only issue visa for 2 years. Please I need your opinion on this. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kaffyyet(f): 10:34am On Feb 28, 2019
Please I forgot to add this as part of my interview questions
V. O- how many schools do you applied to
Me-two
V. O - name them and were you admitted to both
Me - ecpi and university of Houston, was admitted to ecpi but no update from university of Houston
V. O - it's either yes or no, there should be an update
but I still saidl I got no update

Please help me out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Abacino007(m): 12:56pm On Feb 28, 2019
Good day everyone,

I want to book an appointment but I have some doubts about filing my ds160 .

To book a new appointment, Am I to retrieve my previous Ds160 and update any missing information or I am to fill a new ds160?

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 1:18pm On Feb 28, 2019
Abacino007:
Good day everyone,

I want to book an appointment but I have some doubts about filing my ds160 .

To book a new appointment, Am I to retrieve my previous Ds160 and update any missing information or I am to fill a new ds160?

Thanks.

Make your question clearer.

From what I understood, you need a new ds 160 in other to book a new appointment but you can use your old ds 160 to retrieve your previous details then edit whatever thing you want to edit.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tactmayor: 1:53pm On Feb 28, 2019
Na wa o. I thought here is for people to render help. I need someone to please help me send my GRE scores while I transfer in naira. I have use Mastercard, Visa, it is not going
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pefuele(m): 2:22pm On Feb 28, 2019
Time2win:

From what I understood, you need a new ds 160 in other to book a new appointment but you can use your old ds 160 to retrieve your previous details then edit whatever thing you want to edit.
Ok,you mean if I have a different SEVIS no and I want to create a new DS-160 to book appointment I will just have to transfer the SEVIS ID?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 2:31pm On Feb 28, 2019
tactmayor:
Na wa o. I thought here is for people to render help. I need someone to please help me send my GRE scores while I transfer in naira. I have use Mastercard, Visa, it is not going

No one is obligated to help you. See it as favour if someone volunteers to do that. By the way, have you tried gtb/access bank mastercard?

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 2:33pm On Feb 28, 2019
Pefuele:

Ok,you mean if I have a different SEVIS no and I want to create a new DS-160 to book appointment I will just have to transfer the SEVIS ID?

Just use your new sevis ID for all the forms you are filling
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by gracetim34: 2:33pm On Feb 28, 2019
Visa approved, Monday 25th at Abuja embassy. Window 6
After my third attempt. First one was October 19th 2018, second was 4th of January 2019. And the 3rd was Monday this week.
All glory to God because He actually did this for me.
Thanks to everyone here who helped me one way or the other.
I really appreciate you guys. Here goes my transcript

Vo: Good morning
Res: Good morning sir
Vo: Pass me your passport and I-20 pls
Vo: Have you traveled on another passport before?
Res: no sir
Vo: can I have the passport
Res: I said no sir
Vo: oh sorry I didn't hear that clearly. Why are you going to this school ?
Res: Am going for my masters in computer science and quantitative methods with a concentration in information assurance and security but on my l-20 it was written there as Data modeling...(he didn't allow me to finish the statement)
Vo: that's ok. How do you want to pay for the cost?
Res: I was offered a graduate assistantship that waived my entire tuition with monthly stipend the rest of the cost will be taking care by my uncle who's into importation trading and distribution of LG brand both home appliances and electronics. I have his statement here with me
Vo: that's OK... I won't be needing the statement. The assistantship has covered everything. Where did you finish your undergraduate (I guess he asked that because I couldn't enter my educational history on my ds 160 when I was filling it. I don't know why the part is not coming up on my system.)
Res: Osun State University.

Vo: Why do you choose this school ?
Res: I chose the school because they offered broad courses in information assurance and security. Their program incorporate field work with basic course. For example.. (he stopped me here)
Vo:thats OK. How did you get this assistantship?
Res: I applied then I was scheduled for a Skype interview, a week after the interview I received an email from the department that based on my performance during the interview, my gre scores, my undergraduate cgpa and recommendations, the department was willing to offer me the assistantship.
Vo: what do u intend to do after your study?
Res : ( but I thought he asked what the degree will do for me, so responded with this �with the look of things in Nigeria cyber crime and attacks are becoming common place, sophisticated and damaging. Every organisation has (he stopped me and asked again)
Vo: what do you intend to do after your study?
Res: I'll be coming back to Nigeria to enforce whatever have learnt because there's a huge demand for cybersecurity experts here in Nigeria. A lot of organization outsource for this skill because its professional expertise... (he stopped me here,thats OK)

After this he started typing non stop and said the word *your visa has been approved, you will need your l-20 at the port of entry bla bla.
I collected my passport today.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Abacino007(m): 2:57pm On Feb 28, 2019
Time2win:

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Abacino007(m): 3:12pm On Feb 28, 2019
gracetim34:
After my third attempt. First one was October 19th 2018, second was 4th of January 2019. And the 3rd was Monday this week.

Vo: oh sorry I didn't hear that clearly. Why are you going to Austin Peay?
Res: Am going for my masters in computer science and quantitative methods with a concentration in information assurance and security but on my l-20 it was written there as Data modeling...(he didn't allow me to finish the statement)
Res: I was offered a graduate assistantship that waived my entire tuition with monthly stipend the rest of the cost will be taking care by my uncle who's into importation trading and distribution of LG brand both home appliances and electronics. I have his statement here with me
Vo: that's OK... I won't be needing the statement. The assistantship has covered everything. Where did you finish your undergraduate (I guess he asked that because I couldn't enter my educational history on my ds 160 when I was filling it. I don't know why the part is not coming up on my system.)

Vo: Why do you choose Austin Peay State University?
Res: I chose Austin Peay State University because they offered broad courses in information assurance and security. Their program incorporate field work with basic course. For example.. (he stopped me here)
Res: I applied then I was scheduled for a Skype interview, a week after the interview I received an email from the department that based on my performance during the interview, my gre scores, my undergraduate cgpa and recommendations, the department was willing to offer me the assistantship.
Res : ( but I thought he asked what the degree will do for me, so responded with this �with the look of things in Nigeria cyber crime and attacks are becoming common place, sophisticated and damaging. Every organisation has (he stopped me and asked again)
Res: I'll be coming back to Nigeria to enforce whatever have learnt because there's a huge demand for cybersecurity experts here in Nigeria. A lot of organization outsource for this skill b[i][/i]ecause its professional expertise... (he stopped me here,thats OK)

After this he started typing non stop and said the word *your visa has been approved, you will need your l-20 at the port of entry bla bla.

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by stripes16(f): 4:02pm On Feb 28, 2019
Hello, congratulations
Please I would like to know which semester you were given admission for. Is it for fall?
gracetim34:

Res: I chose Austin Peay State University because they offered broad courses in information assurance and security. Their program incorporate field work with basic course. For example.. (he stopped me here)
Res: I'll be coming back to Nigeria to enforce whatever have learnt because there's a huge demand for cybersecurity experts here in Nigeria. A lot of organization outsource for this skill b[i][/i]ecause its professional expertise... (he stopped me here,thats OK)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by stripes16(f): 4:03pm On Feb 28, 2019
Hello, congratulations
Please I would like to know which semester you were given admission for. Is it for fall?

quote author=gracetim34 post=76220606]Visa approved, Monday 25th at Abuja embassy. Window 6

I collected my passport today. [/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by gracetim34: 4:11pm On Feb 28, 2019
Spring II semester starting in March 13th
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tactmayor: 4:14pm On Feb 28, 2019
Time2win:

No one is obligated to help you. See it as favour if someone volunteers to do that. By the way, have you tried gtb/access bank mastercard?

No, I dont have that and do not know anyone who has
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by mayDtolu(m): 4:20pm On Feb 28, 2019
gracetim34:

Congratulations to you!! Pls, Can you share us how your profile looks like? (Your CGPA, GRE score and co)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by gracetim34: 4:26pm On Feb 28, 2019
Cgpa - 3.88

GRE - 278

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.