Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,553 members, 7,816,340 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (795678 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by nuel101(m): 11:23am On Feb 26, 2019
Please guys, which universities in US offers scholarships as rewards for good SAT scores.. Undergraduate?....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by JoeBazz(m): 11:29am On Feb 26, 2019
I don't even know my category, but I stutter when I'm nervous or angry, I rarely stutter when I talk.
Yes...it as an admission interview.
bracelum:

Are you a natural stutterer?
Was it an admissions interview or just an informational session?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 11:34am On Feb 26, 2019
brainy02:

Ms sports management.

If you have any which school run this program and who demand all of these pls suggest for me.

Thanks

Hi,

Do you have the necessary funds to finance this program out of pocket?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by izeekss: 11:35am On Feb 26, 2019
JoeBazz:
Hi house,
I finished my video chat with yeshiva University program director not quite long.
But it is unfortunate that I stammer and stutter a lot in the video chat as if I can't construct sentences grin grin grin though I made them realize at the end of the chat that I was a bit nervous that they should pardon me for that.
Hope it won't affect my application status and my reputation as a master applicant?
JoeBazz.. . I pray it all work out fine... May I know the questions they asked you during the video call?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 11:37am On Feb 26, 2019
JoeBazz:
I don't even know my category, but I stutter when I'm nervous or angry, I rarely stutter when I talk.
Yes...it as an admission interview.

If you don't stutter when you talk then you're not a stutterer
If it is an admission interview, then it depends on the performance of your competitors. If your program is competitive, then a bad interview performance might mar your chances. If your program isn't competitive, the school will have no option but to admit you irrespective of your interview performance.

Every school needs students

So, keep your fingers crossed and learn from the experience. Interview expertise develops with experience. I think your next outing will be better than this one.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Neetah005: 12:01pm On Feb 26, 2019
Good morning everyone..
Please I applied for a graduation assistantship. I should be expecting their call soonest but I don't know what questions to expect.
Please kindly help me out.
Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Neetah005: 12:09pm On Feb 26, 2019
Good morning everyone.
Please I applied for m.Sc admissions and also graduate assistantships and I should be getting an interview call soonest.
Please what are the likely questions I should expect.
I have a bsc in biology
But going for m sc in fashion merchandise.
Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 1stdami(m): 1:14pm On Feb 26, 2019
No. Did you get full funding [quote author=Astaclover9 post=76141298][/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nad95: 3:44pm On Feb 26, 2019
Nad95:

Hi, ndindiatu. I sent you a PM. Kindly check and let me know your response. Thanks.
Hi, ndidiatu. I have replied your PM. Kindly check and get back to me. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by JoeBazz(m): 9:14pm On Feb 26, 2019
Wow...thanks for your encouraging words. I didn't get myself not until I saw this reply. Thank you very much. I'm more inspired and motivated now
bracelum:

If you don't stutter when you talk then you're not a stutterer
If it is an admission interview, then it depends on the performance of your competitors. If your program is competitive, then a bad interview performance might mar your chances. If your program isn't competitive, the school will have no option but to admit you irrespective of your interview performance.

Every school needs students

So, keep your fingers crossed and learn from the experience. Interview expertise develops with experience. I think your next outing will be better than this one.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by JoeBazz(m): 9:19pm On Feb 26, 2019
I saw your PM not long ago. I was asked about my exposure and experience about computer and cyber security. I was also asked to explain the courses relating to computer that I did in my undergraduate days. questions was asked on my what I wrote on my statement of purpose.
Have you done yours?
izeekss:

JoeBazz.. . I pray it all work out fine... May I know the questions they asked you during the video call?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 10:41pm On Feb 26, 2019
bracelum:

USF is a solid school... A feeder to most tech firms in the Bay Area. The other school, I don't know about it. USF might be expensive though - you might want to make sure you have the $$$ covered. If you still need another nice Bay Area school, check Santa Clara University.

You might want to confirm from your school if they still accept students for summer/fall start dates. An email would work.

If you have HND, do WES evaluation and go for masters. But first, confirm from your school if they will accept your HND without WES evaluation. If you don't know about WES, I suggest you start reading the thread from page 1. By the time you get to page 5, you should be better informed.

Write the GRE if you want to attend a good engineering school. GRE or GMAT works for business schools but GMAT is mostly preferred especially from the recruitment angle. Whichever works for you...

For someone with HND, WES isn't mandatory except the school/program of interest requires it.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gospelozy(f): 10:41pm On Feb 26, 2019
Dear good people of NL, I greet you all.
A lecturer asked me to submit my paperwork Asap and I became a bit confused as I have submitted every document Sop and co,togethet with my transcript.
Please what am I expected to submit or have I submitted what he asked me to?
Thank you for your quick response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CuteRedd(f): 10:44pm On Feb 26, 2019
Gospelozy:
Dear good people of NL, I greet you all.
A lecturer asked me to submit my paperwork Asap and I became a bit confused as I have submitted every document Sop and co,togethet with my transcript.
Please what am I expected to submit or have I submitted what he asked me to?
Thank you for your quick response.
ask him or her for clarity now! How would we know exactly what the lecturer wants? undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 10:45pm On Feb 26, 2019
Miaanita:
Good evening guys, I got an admission from Purdue university with full funding and have accepted the admission by writing the graduate coordinator.

Pls what is the next step to take so as to get my I-20 form.. Will I have to upload any financial document again cos am confused pls..

Anyone in the house to help me figure this out or will I have to call the admission office to ask about what next to do...

Anyone available to pick my call so that we can talk better on phone pls..

What should be done to get my l-20 form pls?

Also whats the official financial support document needed for a person that has funding pls?

God bless you as you do this

Congrats. You don't need to upload any financial documents. International office will issue your I20 based on your funding.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:47pm On Feb 26, 2019
GboyegaD:

For someone with HND, WES isn't mandatory except the school/program of interest requires it.

I already stated that I guess
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 10:59pm On Feb 26, 2019
nuel101:
Please guys, which universities in US offers scholarships as rewards for good SAT scores.. Undergraduate?....

Too many. Read through each of your schools of interest to see what scholarships are available alongside their requirements.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by brainy02: 12:13am On Feb 27, 2019
bracelum:

Hi,

Do you have the necessary funds to finance this program out of pocket?

Yea, an uncle will be responsible for that?

Anything more?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 12:27am On Feb 27, 2019
brainy02:

Yea, an uncle will be responsible for that?

Anything more?
Nothing more... Get the admit, pay the $700 enrollment deposit, get the visa and resume
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Astaclover9: 1:16am On Feb 27, 2019
1stdami:
No. Did you get full funding
No partial tuition scholarship
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2Smile(m): 3:43am On Feb 27, 2019
GboyegaD:

Congrats. You don't need to upload any financial documents. International office will issue your I20 based on your funding.
However, there are situations in which the student is required to manually upload the evidence of funding such as letter from the department.
So @Miaanita, contact your funding source(most likely your department) and the international office to inquire about the next course of action.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Merico96: 5:02am On Feb 27, 2019
Hello house
I got undergraduate admission to study computer science at Ashland university Ohio. My uncle will be the sponsor. I want to know the necessary funding documents needed for visa and what I should do in applying for the visa so I don't make mistakes
The sponsor himself lives in USA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by izeekss: 7:28am On Feb 27, 2019
JoeBazz:
I saw your PM not long ago. I was asked about my exposure and experience about computer and cyber security. I was also asked to explain the courses relating to computer that I did in my undergraduate days. questions was asked on my what I wrote on my statement of purpose.
Have you done yours?
Thanks for the head up. It was postponed. It will be holding today.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ola9292(m): 11:53am On Feb 27, 2019
Hello house,I graduated with a cgpa of 3.02/5.0 in chemical engineering, I had 297 in gre.i am looking to do my masters in chemical engineering or industrial engineering. Pls what are the best schools to apply to with these scores. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 12:13pm On Feb 27, 2019
Ola9292:
Hello house,I graduated with a cgpa of 3.02/5.0 in chemical engineering, I had 297 in gre.i am looking to do my masters in chemical engineering or industrial engineering. Pls what are the best schools to apply to with these scores. Thanks in anticipation.

Search google. university of new haven will admit u with this profile for industrial engineering
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MyAmericandream(f): 2:52pm On Feb 27, 2019
Time2win:

Search google. university of new haven will admit u with this profile for industrial engineering
with full funding?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 4:31pm On Feb 27, 2019
MyAmericandream:
with full funding?

50% scholarship
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tactmayor: 4:56pm On Feb 27, 2019
Please I need help to send my GRE scores while I transfer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by brainy02: 5:10pm On Feb 27, 2019
Can one submit use two different account details without raising a red flag.

That is, submitting a personal bank statement for school applications and take maybe a corporate account to the embassy for interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by JoeBazz(m): 5:16pm On Feb 27, 2019
Hello house...I got the below message via email from Eastern Illinois university:

I am currently reviewing your application to the MS in Cybersecurity – please know that your transcripts cannot be authenticated. As such, your application will not be moved forward.

Accordingly, I am advising you to mail us an official transcripts certified by the Office of the Federal Ministry of Education in your home country in Nigeria. You have also the option to have your transcripts certified by the Education USA Office in Nigeria. The Education USA is located at the following address in Nigeria:

U.S. Consulate Lagos

EducationUSA Advising Center

Public Affairs Section

2 Walter Carrington Crescent Victoria Island Lagos Nigeria

What do you think I should do in this situation?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 5:18pm On Feb 27, 2019
brainy02:
Can one submit use two different account details without raising a red flag.

That is, submitting a personal bank statement for school applications and take maybe a corporate account to the embassy for interview?

Yes . But personal statement will work well for embassy. Why not maintain same for both since you have funds in your personal bank statement

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.