Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (793162 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sarcasticmofo: 12:41am On Mar 04, 2019
Gameguy900:
My main question is that is my WAEC that will be use to calculate my GPA or my secondary school result. And can i calculate my GPA by myself and submit.
They use your school high school transcript to calculate your GPA and they need your WAEC as an evidence of your high school graduation. Havard doesn't require Evaluation.

On the other hand to get into Havard, aside having 1500/1600 on the SAT with good extracurriculars and superb essay... You need to take Advanced placement tests and subject tests
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 3:58am On Mar 04, 2019
Pls gurus in the hous, can someone with a third class apply for assistanship?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 7:00am On Mar 04, 2019
Moneymaker13:
Pls gurus in the hous, can someone with a third class apply for assistanship?

Have you gotten admission?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Rickramzy(m): 8:40am On Mar 04, 2019
Please I need help ooh, where do I pay my SERVISFEE in Abuja today, please its urgent!

Please help a brother!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 9:17am On Mar 04, 2019
Rickramzy:
Please I need help ooh, where do I pay my SERVISFEE in Abuja today, please its urgent!

Please help a brother!

You cant pay it in Nigeria. Look for a friend in USA or go to Eco bank at seme border and pay it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Rickramzy(m): 9:26am On Mar 04, 2019
Time2win:

You cant pay it in Nigeria. Look for a friend in USA or go to Eco bank at seme border and pay it

Seriously? Oh I'm finished!

Thanks a lot @Time2win
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 9:44am On Mar 04, 2019
Rickramzy:

Seriously? Oh I'm finished!

Thanks a lot @Time2win

You are not finished. Just look for someone who can help you. Also message @walspring here, he can assist

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by hazvat(f): 11:38am On Mar 04, 2019
Morning house , my name is Tunde. I Want to apply to Sam Houston university for a master of education is special education. I have bsc (ed) economics and MBA fin & Acct. I put in for MBA cos I am working with the government but have passion for special education more. I want to know if I stand a better chance chosen that school and if there’s anyone going for same programme in USA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gernny(f): 12:10pm On Mar 04, 2019
Help I hope I’m on the right trend,I got admission into a two years culinary program,I want to apply for an F1,I have a daughter,but she and my husband won’t be going with me,they will join me later,do we need to apply together?so they should apply later?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Tiry87: 12:32pm On Mar 04, 2019
Gernny:
Help I hope I’m on the right trend,I got admission into a two years culinary program,I want to apply for an F1,I have a daughter,but she and my husband won’t be going with me,they will join me later,do we need to apply together?so they should apply later?

pls which school do u apply to and did u do any Exam before u apply please am into catering and I want to apply also
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Munix(m): 1:30pm On Mar 04, 2019
Hello friends, pls who can suggest schools that can offer GA or assistantship for the below profile. Thanks

Profile:
TOEFL: 90
GRE: 294
CGPA: 3.45/4.0
1st Degree: Accounting
Proposed Program: MSc./MBA-Finance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gernny(f): 2:06pm On Mar 04, 2019
Tiry87:
Monoroe college and San Francisco cooking school.U don’t need any test if your official language is English.

pls which school do u apply to and did u do any Exam before u apply please am into catering and I want to apply also
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jkzie(m): 2:50pm On Mar 04, 2019
Munix:
Hello friends, pls who can suggest schools that can offer GA or assistantship for the below profile. Thanks

Profile:

I will advise you go for MSA, since ur 1st degree is accounting... As at the Completion of ur MSA program, u can seat for CPA exam over dear... Thereby, becoming a member of AICPA - America Institute of certified public Accountants ... Accounting pays more than finance... Finance is limited

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Mmlanrehh(m): 2:54pm On Mar 04, 2019
Ashland University Ohio
Pls is this a red flag
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lexychuks(m): 3:48pm On Mar 04, 2019
ObodoNaija:

Good day Bros, please can you put me through on how to go about this Wes evaluation, especially on how to get my Waec transcript. I earlier wanted to use Span-tran to evaluate my credentials since it is recognized in Naces and they can help me to evaluate n verify(146k) my transcript cus I have my transcript with me thus saving me the stress of applying for another one from my school which will cost 30k excluding the cost of sending it to them. Now I decided to use Wes cus I noticed that it is what most people use. Please can you explain to me on how to get my waec transcript. How much do you think everything will cost me? Getting my transcript from my school will cost me 30k, d cost of sending it to Wes is what I don't. Please do help a sister, I am really confused on wat to do

To get your Waec transcript, all you need to do is visit Waec office at Yaba Lagos, you'd need to get affidavit from court (this is done opposite Waec building, budget 3-5k for this) you'd need to have a copy of your Waec result, a waec result checking scratch card (WES only accepts scratch cards and not the slip WAEC sells), you'd pay WAEC 10K for confirmation of result and your WES reference number (this would be given to you by WES after you have paid) must be in all documents that you are sending. After all these, you'd have to choose your method of sending these documents to WES, PLEASE DO NOT USE REGULAR NIGERIAN POST, it can take almost two months to get to WES, Select DHL or FedEx.

Just budget 25k to 30k. You should be alright. And also make sure you visit WAEC early cos I think they close by 2pm or something.

For your University's transcript, since you know the cost already, I believe all Universities have a postal service where you can enquire about the cost to send to USA. I can't predict the cost of that because it varies from state to state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jkzie(m): 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2019
Please house,
I really wanna ask about the chance of getting visa and obtained financial aid...
A friend told me that one can be denied. Visa by consular if he is granted financial aid (loan) by proposed school.... According to him, consular accept assistanceship, which gives u more ground to get visa, since it is certain ur tuition fee is covered and won't be liability to their system..
Abeg, how factual is this view?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Bracha: 4:01pm On Mar 04, 2019
Hello,

Were you able to apply before the deadline?

Senatorbee:

Done
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lexychuks(m): 4:10pm On Mar 04, 2019
jkzie:
Please house,
I really wanna ask about the chance of getting visa and obtained financial aid...
A friend told me that one can be denied. Visa by consular if he is granted financial aid (loan) by proposed school.... According to him, consular accept assistanceship, which gives u more ground to get visa, since it is certain ur tuition fee is covered and won't be liability to their system..
Abeg, how factual is this view?

No one can predict your chances of getting visa as it is based on so many factors. However, I have seen people granted their VISA through student loans from MPOWER and their likes and I have also seen people with Graduate Assistant positions denied so I don't see why getting a financial aid from the school should be a problem. You should just have a ready answer on how you intend to pay back the loan in case you are asked.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Senatorbee(m): 4:20pm On Mar 04, 2019
Bracha:
Hello,

Were you able to apply before the deadline?

Yes thank you so much
I have submitted and hoping for the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by biikeys(m): 4:38pm On Mar 04, 2019
malory84:
Hi everyone. It's been a while! I remember how my journey started in 2015. This forum was my training ground. Till date when anyone wants information from me on how to pursue their academic dreams in the US, I refer them back to this forum. All you need is patience. Congrats to everyone who got their Visas and good luck to those still in the process.

Between, any Nairalanders in Maryland/Washington, DC? I just moved from Texas and looking to make new friends!

We are here..lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Bracha: 4:54pm On Mar 04, 2019
Okay. Just continue to pray and believe God. He'll do the rest.

Cheers

Senatorbee:

Yes thank you so much
I have submitted and hoping for the best

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by biikeys(m): 4:57pm On Mar 04, 2019
sammyfrance23:
Hello Gurus
Please I’d like to know if American national university is a good school and not a red flag ?

Thank you.

Run
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olalekank(m): 7:13pm On Mar 04, 2019
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ObodoNaija(f): 7:25pm On Mar 04, 2019
lexychuks:

To get your Waec transcript, all you need to do is visit Waec office at Yaba Lagos, you'd need to get affidavit from court (this is done opposite Waec building, budget 3-5k for this) you'd need to have a copy of your Waec result, a waec result checking scratch card (WES only accepts scratch cards and not the slip WAEC sells), you'd pay WAEC 10K for confirmation of result and your WES reference number (this would be given to you by WES after you have paid) must be in all documents that you are sending. After all these, you'd have to choose your method of sending these documents to WES, PLEASE DO NOT USE REGULAR NIGERIAN POST, it can take almost two months to get to WES, Select DHL or FedEx.

Just budget 25k to 30k. You should be alright. And also make sure you visit WAEC early cos I think they close by 2pm or something.

For your University's transcript, since you know the cost already, I believe all Universities have a postal service where you can enquire about the cost to send to USA. I can't predict the cost of that because it varies from state to state.

Thanks a lot Bro. I appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ObodoNaija(f): 7:27pm On Mar 04, 2019
Happiness67:

Are you interested in the school?

Yes, but I wont apply again cus of the evaluation stuff.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ObodoNaija(f): 7:35pm On Mar 04, 2019
hazvat:
Morning house , my name is Tunde. I Want to apply to Sam Houston university for a master of education is special education. I have bsc (ed) economics and MBA fin & Acct. I put in for MBA cos I am working with the government but have passion for special education more. I want to know if I stand a better chance chosen that school and if there’s anyone going for same programme in USA

Yes I am going for same program. Lets connect Dear

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:22pm On Mar 04, 2019
Munix:

Profile:

You have a good GPA. Please rewrite the TOEFL and GMAT/GRE and target top state universities. One missing element in your profile is your work experience. How many years of work experience do you have?

With improved GMAT/GRE and TOEFL scores, and a 3+ years of work experience, you can easily join MBA-Finance programs in top universities like UT Austin, UNC Kenan Flagler, Notre Dame, Penn State and Washington University in St Louis with full aid. These universities have good career centers that can help you attract strong firms.

Finally, someone mentioned that you disregard Finance and focus on Accounting because Accounting is more lucrative. I would suggest you disregard that comment because I don't think that person understands the industry properly. Finance and tech and the two highest paying jobs in the US. I would even say financial experts earn higher than techies because most tech firms pay via stock options while finance firms give you astronomical bonuses as cash. IBs, PEs, and VCs pay very much higher than accounting firms. Except it is corporate finance, accounting doesn't pay close to finance.

So, if your career goal is based only on the $$$, finance beats accounting any day!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.