Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,089 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (322) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (795569 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Somanpops: 9:34pm On Mar 04, 2019
Good evening good people of NL
pls I need your assistance on getting assistantship to study chemistry (MSc) in the USA
I'm a graduate of chemistry with first class grade
I don't have any sponsor
I'm hoping to bypass TOEFL and GRE
What are the other necessary requirements
And can I get a list or link to schools offering MSc chemistry with assistantship but without GRE and TOEFL ?

Thanks in advance

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 9:39pm On Mar 04, 2019

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Happiness67: 9:48pm On Mar 04, 2019
Somanpops:
pls I need your assistance on getting assistantship to study chemistry (MSc) in the USA
I don't have any sponsor
And can I get a list or link to schools offering MSc chemistry with assistantship but without GRE and TOEFL ?

Thanks in advance
Do not bypass the GRE, it increases your chances for the assistantship coupled with the fact that you have a first class, if you can get a high score, i see you getting the TA or GA and I see full funding written all over you if you decide to go for Phd. All things being equal, you will probably be asked at your interview if you did a standardized test (meaning GRE or any equivalent). So,try to ace the GRE firstly with correct grade, for links and lists of schools, try Google, your research begins now

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Somanpops: 9:58pm On Mar 04, 2019
Happiness67:

Do not bypass the GRE, it increases your chances for the assistantship coupled with the fact that you have a first class, if you can get a high score, i see you getting the TA or GA and I see full funding written all over you if you decide to go for Phd. All things being equal, you will probably be asked at your interview if you did a standardized test (meaning GRE or any equivalent). So,try to ace the GRE firstly with correct grade, for links and lists of schools, try Google, your research begins now

Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Somanpops: 10:01pm On Mar 04, 2019
Happiness67:

Pls what's TA and GA ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by hazvat(f): 10:11pm On Mar 04, 2019
ObodoNaija:

Yes I am going for same program. Lets connect Dear
nice one .

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Happiness67: 10:32pm On Mar 04, 2019
Somanpops:

Pls what's TA and GA ?
Teaching assistantship and Graduate assistantship
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by adeshna: 11:19pm On Mar 04, 2019
I need help please

I had 3rd class in the University and most schools in trying to apply to only accept CGPA of 2.5 above. How do I go about it please? What schools accept 3rd class, low CGPA?

I'm 32 years and I thought I should apply to undergraduate studies, what is my chance of getting visa approval by that age for undergraduate?

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gospelozy(f): 11:59pm On Mar 04, 2019
Good morning Beautiful people.
Please how do I send official GRE score to a school and how much does it cost.
Thank you all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 12:02am On Mar 05, 2019
adeshna:

Yes, I did. I asked some, they said they only accept first degree.

And please answer my question regarding the secondary school transcript

I don't have an answer to the second one.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 12:12am On Mar 05, 2019
Yildiz:
Good morning all,
I recently sent a prof. at cleveland state university an email for an opening in his lab but he did not response. Just today I saw an email for the department Chair offering me a teaching assistantship. The offer came as an attached pdf file with my name on the letter. He also sent me an advert to apply to the department. On the teaching assistantship pdf, part of the conditions is for me to apply to the the school. I am just confused about the whole thing. He gave me 9 days to accept the offer.
First of all his email checks out on the department website. How should I proceed please.

Congratulations! Probably the professor has no space but feels you are a good fit and forwarded your details. Go ahead and apply to the program ASAP.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 12:18am On Mar 05, 2019
Yureyes:
Good afternoon house. 
Please I need some clarification. 
Firstly, I finished university in 2011, as my statement of result indicates but I was awarded my degree in 2012; as a result, it is 2012 that is written on my WES evaluation. Am I supposed to choose the year i actually finished university or the year my certificate was awarded as my university end date?
Also I started working before my degree was awarded, won't that be a red flag on my work experience if I choose what's on the degree certificate? Like I started working full-time before graduation?

In addition, I applied for the US non-immigrant Visa last year and I used the year on my certificate as my year of graduation on the US online application, but now I want to apply to Canada, would choosing the year I actually finished ( the one on my statement of result) for Canada be a problem? I heard both countries have access to each other's database, will choosing a different year now count as misrepresentation?

Please someone help a confused person.

Be consistent! Use the year on your certificate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 12:29am On Mar 05, 2019
biikeys:

We are here..lol

Hmmm.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 12:32am On Mar 05, 2019
Somanpops:
I don't have any sponsor

Thanks in advance

Please write both exams you are trying to avoid. It will help your application a great deal.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by OluDare01(m): 4:03am On Mar 05, 2019
Somanpops:
I don't have any sponsor

Thanks in advance
Why do you want to bypass TOEFL and GRE?
If you don't have money, you can take the GRE only. There are schools that waive TOEFL for Nigerians.
Are you interested in going for a PhD after your master's? If yes, apply to straight PhD programs. With your first class and a GRE score of 300, you should get into good PhD programs with funding.
N.B- go through this thread and learn, then ask questions if you don't understand.
Send me a PM.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AgreatMan: 8:05am On Mar 05, 2019
Somanpops:
I don't have any sponsor

Thanks in advance
try to write the gre. These school's don't need Toefl from Nigerians.

1. John Hopkins U
2. U of Idaho
3. Texas A n M college station
4. U of texas at Arlington
5. U of Florida
6. Morgan state U
7. North Carolina state U (I think)
8. Texas A n M kingsville (I think)

I am sure there are much more. Good luck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 05, 2019
Who knows about Texas Tech University, Lubbock?

Is it a good school and how about the city? Are there opportunities as well?. I got an admission with out of state waiver.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Abdulrahmon68(m): 8:57am On Mar 05, 2019
auriel:

Is it a good school and how about the city? Are there opportunities as well?. I got an admission with out of state waiver.

Please If I may ask how long does it take before you were given an admission?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Auditmonkey(f): 8:58am On Mar 05, 2019
AgreatMan:

1. John Hopkins U
2. U of Idaho
5. U of Florida
6. Morgan state U

University of Maryland College Park too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 05, 2019
Abdulrahmon68:

Please If I may ask how long does it take before you were given an admission?
6 weeks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:08am On Mar 05, 2019
AgreatMan:

1. John Hopkins U
2. U of Idaho
5. U of Florida
6. Morgan state U

John hopkins smiley cheesy grin .... what the point listing them.

How much is toefl ??...... better to write toefl than target a very expensive school that gives little or no funding because they dont need toefl. . Have you spied JH tution fees
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Somanpops: 9:42am On Mar 05, 2019
Thank you all
Really appreciate your responses
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AgreatMan: 9:43am On Mar 05, 2019
LagosismyHome:

John hopkins smiley cheesy grin .... what the point listing them.

How much is toefl ??...... better to write toefl than target a very expensive school that gives little or no funding because they dont need toefl. . Have you spied JH tution fees

Chai, all these schools sef. Just like Buhari, dem no dey gree shake body. I hear say Yale sef follow join.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by RazurSharp: 9:59am On Mar 05, 2019
Hello guys, I have a challenge. I need a sample of personal Essay
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 10:22am On Mar 05, 2019
RazurSharp:
Hello guys, I have a challenge. I graduated with 4.1 GPA in Computer Science and I don't have GRE. Are there good State schools in the US that can admit me for MS in any computer related course without GRE. I found some schools, but they ones I saw all have their computer programs Online which could affect my visa chances.

Kindly recommend good public schools (non red flag) that can admit me. Please, assist a brother. I need to apply quickly.

Why are you all avoiding GRE. This is something that could open doors to lots of opportunities for you. Please try and write it

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 11:02am On Mar 05, 2019
auriel:

Texas Tech has a great engineering program. You could check on LinkedIn for guys in your intended program. Lubbock is a cool college town too. Congrats on your tuition waiver, the instate tuition is OK.

If you don't mind sharing your profile, it will encourage others. Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by FutureDon(m): 11:26am On Mar 05, 2019
Any Ohio resident here please? I am needing some heads up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by pragya2017: 3:38pm On Mar 05, 2019
Thank you for this. I wanted to comment on this too yesterday when i saw the statement. Accounting is not even close to Finance at all. you can also enrol for CFA and you would be a hot cake.

Thank you

bracelum:

You have a good GPA. Please rewrite the TOEFL and GMAT/GRE and target top state universities. One missing element in your profile is your work experience. How many years of work experience do you have?

With improved GMAT/GRE and TOEFL scores, and a 3+ years of work experience, you can easily join MBA-Finance programs in top universities like UT Austin, UNC Kenan Flagler, Notre Dame, Penn State and Washington University in St Louis with full aid. These universities have good career centers that can help you attract strong firms.

Finally, someone mentioned that you disregard Finance and focus on Accounting because Accounting is more lucrative. I would suggest you disregard that comment because I don't think that person understands the industry properly. Finance and tech and the two highest paying jobs in the US. I would even say financial experts earn higher than techies because most tech firms pay via stock options while finance firms give you astronomical bonuses as cash. IBs, PEs, and VCs pay very much higher than accounting firms. Except it is corporate finance, accounting doesn't pay close to finance.

So, if your career goal is based only on the $$$, finance beats accounting any day!!!

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 05, 2019
pragya2017:
Thank you for this. I wanted to comment on this too yesterday when i saw the statement. Accounting is not even close to Finance at all. you can also enrol for CFA and you would be a hot cake.

Thank you

Thanks fam
And yes, CFA makes him an even hotter cake

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.