Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,897 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (342) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (796292 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gospelozy(f): 10:13am On Mar 18, 2019
Pepperoni001:
It cost about $27. you Will need to log on to your ets account using www.ets.org/mygre

Much thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Moranc(m): 10:42am On Mar 18, 2019
Abdulrahmon68:

Hey! What I will suggest is you show your proposed transcript to some people you feel that can peruse it for you. if there is anything they feel you should add or remove they will let you know, and after that you should try do mock interview.

Because I feel somehow at times when people go with deficient rehearsed transcript to the embassy and after the denial they come back here posting the transcript here and asking people where dey have gone wrong in their response at the embassy, whereas that's what they ought to have done first.

Though from the transcript I have read so far from this thread I can deduced that a well constructed rehearsed transcript with grace of God has fetched so many people a visa and vice versa, but the former has been helping people. So it is better you show someone you feel can help you show your mistake in what you rehearsed and also prepare you for mock interview. If you are shy to post it here you can send someone or some people DM, I can see some people here are trying their best at transcript and mock interview, just make sure you chat the right person! cus some people here can discourage person for Africa. And above all be optimistic and put God first. Iyanu masele.

This is just my own opinion. Cheers!
i really appreciate your comment and will post a transcript soon.
once again. thank you for your time.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Miaanita(f): 12:04pm On Mar 18, 2019

"Due to operating conditions, your package may be delayed. / Delivery will be rescheduled. Lagos NG"

Pls i got the above message from UPS as regards the delivery of my i-20 form which was earlier stated to get to me by tomorrow night after tracking but right now its showing "Delayed"

What does this means pls?

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 12:10pm On Mar 18, 2019
Miaanita:

"Due to operating conditions, your package may be delayed. / Delivery will be rescheduled. Lagos NG"

Pls i got the above message from UPS as regards the delivery of my i-20 form which was earlier stated to get to me by tomorrow night after tracking but right now its showing "Delayed"

Is this English hard to understand? Some questions sef

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Miaanita(f): 12:47pm On Mar 18, 2019
Kindly reply...have never had the experience before pls
Time2win:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Miaanita(f): 12:48pm On Mar 18, 2019
Kindly reply...have never had the experience before pls.....
Time2win:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 12:54pm On Mar 18, 2019
Miaanita:

You don't need to come ask this kind question again. Your package has been dalayed What do you want nairalanders to do about that. It will arrive soon. Since it's in Lagos. You can still get it tomorrow or the next tomorrow
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:56pm On Mar 18, 2019
Miaanita:
Kindly reply...have never had the experience before pls

To be honest a graduate student shouldnt really find it hard to understand that message. It is simple English which explains, let say your package was going to be delivered on monday , it now been delayed and might be delivered tuesday , Wednesday or some other day later

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 1:56pm On Mar 18, 2019
Hello. Are you in Nigeria or in the US? Kindly PM me for the $$ you wanna sell. I need $2000 (we will negotiate the 355). Thanks.
Mekurexx:
Not from here sir. Better buy at aboki. best I can do is 355
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Miaanita(f): 3:40pm On Mar 18, 2019
LagosismyHome:

To be honest a graduate student shouldnt really find it hard to understand that message. It is simple English which explains let say your package was going to be delivered on monday , it now been delayed and might be delivered tuesday , Wednesday or some other day later

Thank you ma
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Miaanita(f): 3:40pm On Mar 18, 2019
LagosismyHome:

To be honest a graduate student shouldnt really find it hard to understand that message. It is simple English which explains let say your package was going to be delivered on monday , it now been delayed and might be delivered tuesday , Wednesday or some other day later

Thank you ma....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Senatorbee(m): 4:11pm On Mar 18, 2019
Please is it adviceable to visit the embassy with a microfinance bank statement of account
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olayinkaji(m): 4:35pm On Mar 18, 2019
Any one here knows about Eastern Illinois University, and the fees. The tuition looks cheap but Living Expenses looks expensive. I am about applying tho, paying for applications fee. Kindly help here please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by mrcodebreaker: 4:56pm On Mar 18, 2019
Guys, quick one. Who has used 2 sponsors here? Is it a red flag? the i20 estimate is 50k usd and I plan on using my sis (33K) and cuz who is a us citizen with us bank statement (47K).

My plan is to say sis is sponsor and cuz is co sponsor. although cuz earns and has more than sis. Is that ok

How do i say this is in the interview?

I plan on doing interview end of next month.

Please any success stories in situations like this. when one sponsor doesn't have all the money in one account??

Multiple opinions needed please. Bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ToluwalekeA: 5:29pm On Mar 18, 2019
Hello.

Pls how many months bank statement can i present during interview. Also, is the money meant to be in the acc for a a month before printing the statement.Pls advice

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Milkshakes01(f): 5:54pm On Mar 18, 2019
During a graduate application process, if a sample of written work is requested for (just for them to have a glimpse of my writing ability). Must the sample be about a topic relating to your intended masters program or can someone just write about any topic?

Please it is really urgent I need an answer. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by demmysoft: 6:01pm On Mar 18, 2019
Please someone should assist me here, my brother wants to help me pay SEVIS fee from US, what are the information I need to give him, said he hasn't pay it before, I don't want to encounter any problem

Secondly, I need someone to help me review my transcript, volunteer please.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pefuele(m): 6:44pm On Mar 18, 2019
ToluwalekeA:
Hello.

Pls how many months bank statement can i present during interview. Also, is the money meant to be in the acc for a a month before printing the statement.Pls advice

You can present an SOA that's is no more than 6months to your interview.However,it is more preferable to use an SOA that's just a week or few days to your interview.Also,the money should not be in the account like a huge lump dump into the acct for a month .There should be in flow and out flow.The balance on the date of print of the SOA should cover tuition for a year.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ToluwalekeA: 7:28pm On Mar 18, 2019
demmysoft:
Please someone should assist me here, my brother wants to help me pay SEVIS fee from US, what are the information I need to give him, said he hasn't pay it before, I don't want to encounter any problem

Secondly, I need someone to help me review my transcript, volunteer please.

Thanks
Use the below link to generate a payment coupon, click on pay 1-901 form on the link. input ur details such as SEVIS 1D, full name and email, school code. once this coupon is generated, then send to ur bro in US.All he needs to do is to visit the Western union near him with the payment coupon slip and pay. All instructions on how to pay is on the coupon. goodluck
https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/index.html

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Chidon40: 7:43pm On Mar 18, 2019
Experienced Guys in the house , I need your urgent advice.

My sister is in USA on F1 visa

She has a baby in Nigeria(about 10months old) and wants to bring her over.

She has gotten I.20 from school for the child who is coming as her dependent.

Her intention is for our mother to bring the child for her (Mother will be coming on visiting visa as she is not qualified as a dependent)

How best should she schedule their appointments?
They said that in Nigeria case, the child MUST also book appointment.

Who should go first for the interview?

If the baby goes first, will grandmother tell the VO that she will be the one to take the baby or lie that the mother will come back to take the baby.

Please, from your experiences , what is the normal thing to do?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 18, 2019
Milkshakes01:
During a graduate application process, if a sample of written work is requested for (just for them to have a glimpse of my writing ability). Must the sample be about a topic relating to your intended masters program or can someone just write about any topic?

Please it is really urgent I need an answer. Thank you.

Typically, when they request for a writing sample, it usually refers to a published paper (i.e. published in an academic journal), unpublished paper/manuscript (e.g. your thesis or final year undergraduate project), published book chapter or report. A writing sample related to your intended masters programme is preferable, but if you have one in a different field/area, you can also send it as it is better than having none. Kindly, note that most programmes usually do not count essays as academic writing samples.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Milkshakes01(f): 8:20pm On Mar 18, 2019
Thanks, I want to use a chapter from my final year project.
Timottee:

Typically, when they request for a writing sample, it usually refers to a published paper (i.e. published in an academic journal), unpublished paper/manuscript (e.g. your thesis or final year undergraduate project), published book chapter or report. A writing sample related to your intended masters programme is preferable, but if you have one in a different field/area, you can also send it as it is better than having none. Kindly, note that most programmes usually do not count essays as academic writing samples.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 18, 2019
Milkshakes01:
Thanks, I want to use a chapter from my final year project.

That will work. If the chapter is self-explanatory as a stand-alone, that will be fine. If it's not, you can send the complete work and let the recipient peruse through it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lasthero: 8:54pm On Mar 18, 2019
Mekurexx:
Not from here sir. Better buy at aboki. best I can do is 355

Reply PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Milkshakes01(f): 11:17pm On Mar 18, 2019
I don’t think I can send the complete work, the application specifically said 5-10 pages for the writing sample and my project is about 170 pages.

Moreover the intending chapter is self-explanatory.

Timottee:

That will work. If the chapter is self-explanatory as a stand-alone, that will be fine. If it's not, you can send the complete work and let the recipient peruse through it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by demmysoft: 11:55pm On Mar 18, 2019
ToluwalekeA:

Use the below link to generate a payment coupon, click on pay 1-901 form on the link. input ur details such as SEVIS 1D, full name and email, school code. once this coupon is generated, then send to ur bro in US.All he needs to do is to visit the Western union near him with the payment coupon slip and pay. All instructions on how to pay is on the coupon. goodluck
https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/index.html

@ToluwalekeA, Thanks so much, much appreciated. I have done it

anybody in the house to help me with my transcript walspring, fairfeit, lagosismyhome, time2win and others pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by chqakinns(m): 12:02am On Mar 19, 2019
Please i read Sociology had 3.41/5 as my GP and am applying for MSc in US universities.

1-Is it possible for me to get full funding or TA?

2-Which standardized test do i need to write to bright my chances of getting full funding or TA?

Hoping to hear from you

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kel100(m): 12:27am On Mar 19, 2019
Hello guyz, I have been following this thread and this is my first time of posting here.
Has anyone heard of Schiller international university Florida and is it a red flag uni?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 12:55am On Mar 19, 2019
Kel100:
Hello guyz, I have been following this thread and this is my first time of posting here.
Has anyone heard of Schiller international university Florida and is it a red flag uni?

You'd be better-off applying to better colleges. If you are scared of the top selective universities, apply to tier1 or tier 2 state colleges. Those options are far better than Schiller International University.

And yes, I think it is a red flag school judging from what I just read from their Wikipedia page.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by chqakinns(m): 1:39am On Mar 19, 2019
Please i read Sociology had 3.41/5 as my GP and am applying for MSc in US universities.

2-Which standardized test do i need to write to bright my chances of getting full funding or TA?

Hoping to hear from you

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 3:48am On Mar 19, 2019
chqakinns:

Hoping to hear from you

Thanks

First off, to start your journey, you need to know which area or field you plan on doing your masters programme. Is it in Sociology? With that, you can then research for programmes that offer some form of funding. Typically, you stand a better chance of getting funding with very good GRE and/or TOEFL scores.

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.