Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (400) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (798437 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by pragya2017: 11:07pm On Apr 21, 2019
I sent you an email.

bracelum:

Have you taken the GRE? That should be the first step before mailing the admissions office. Focus on it and get the best score you can get. Schools will always be there. You can do all the school research you want to do after getting a stellar GRE score.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by NoQualms1(f): 11:16pm On Apr 21, 2019
Timotte:

Just a little chip in as to why he may have asked you about funding. Is the PhD programme fully funded? If it is, is funding provided by the department or by professors whom students work under (i.e. your advisor/supervisor)? If funding (in part or full) is provided through the grants of professors in the department, then the question will be whether the professor in question has any current grants for his research projects. If he doesn't, that may be why he asked you specifically about funding to be sure that if he accepts you, you will be able to fund yourself. You can check online if the professor has current grants for his research projects.

Thanks so much for this. I will carry out my findings as necessary.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 11:42pm On Apr 21, 2019
Kendrix69:
Xup..officially done with part 14...I have a looooooong list of schools for fall 2020 MSC session...and I wanna start shortlisting....I got some good advice on here to mail the grad cords/Intl admission office concerning requirements and stuff...please what am I to ask these grad cord/Intl admission office in order to know if it would be good for me...
I know I have to ask about funding and admission requirements... But what else?

As you've been advised, prep well for the GRE if it's applicable to your intended program.

As you prep for it, also carefully review entry requirements on program websites of your shortlisted schools especially; prerequisite courses, if transcript evaluations are required (this would save you further costs) etc.

You can then send an email to the grad coords. In the email; introduce yourself, then politely ask about the assistantship opportunities available in the program, and what you need to do to be considered for them. I think it's best to hear from them before contacting Profs. Their responses should guide your school selections for the GRE and subsequent online applications.

Best wishes as you get set.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by solihp(f): 1:47am On Apr 22, 2019
Page 400 grin grin

I must share my visa approval transcript on this part by God's grace

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by texrem(m): 4:23am On Apr 22, 2019
wolex2090:

Morning Bros,i don apply for visit 3yrs ago dey deny me,now I want to apply as a student because am processing a school.

Do you think I stand a chance on student visa since I have applied on visit once before and I don't have a traveling experience?

Yes! You can get the student visa! All you need to do is convince the consular of your studentship. You don't need travelling to secure the visa.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by texrem(m): 4:24am On Apr 22, 2019
shoyoyebiodun:
I sent you a dm

Replied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by shoyoyebiodun(m): 6:16am On Apr 22, 2019
texrem:

Replied
it's not in yet can sent you another dm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by amb001: 8:07am On Apr 22, 2019
Can I use statement of account of uncles in the us for visa interview? I hv prodigy loan of 30600 out of 36336 i-20 amount of Clemson. My uncle's statement is for d shortfall btw the loan and i20 amount. Hw will this affect my visa interview? NB: I'm newly married
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by wolex2090: 8:31am On Apr 22, 2019
Good morning everyone,please I need schools in the US that offers Graduate programs on Agriculture or Economics without Gre or Gmat.

Anyone who have some schools in mind please kindly share.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GentleYoung(m): 8:55am On Apr 22, 2019
Johnolukolade:

I'm sorry if my response was inappropriate, I ignored the other part basically cos I'm not going to MSU. Anyone who's going would definitely reach out to you. I'm sorry once again if I was off-guard.
I wish you luck brother.

Hello Bro, I really do not know about the red flagged schools, I have admission with Virginia international university and it's a private school.
Kindly confirm if it's not among the red flagged schools

Please help with little explanation about the placing under administrative process.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 22, 2019
Good morning y'all. cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 9:09am On Apr 22, 2019
GentleYoung:

Hello Bro, I really do not know about the red flagged schools, I have admission with Virginia international university and it's a private school.

Please help with little explanation about the placing under administrative process.

It's a red flag school. Run and don't look back. Don't go to embassy with that school i20 o.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kendrix69(m): 10:31am On Apr 22, 2019
bracelum:

Have you taken the GRE? That should be the first step before mailing the admissions office. Focus on it and get the best score you can get. Schools will always be there. You can do all the school research you want to do after getting a stellar GRE score.
I haven't..I would be taking it by August... Its important I get an idea of the schools I want to apply to ...for instance on the day of the GRE , how will I know who to send my scores to if I have not done any findings?..which is why I don't think waiting until I write the GRE to mail is a good idea o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kendrix69(m): 10:34am On Apr 22, 2019
Leone26:

As you've been advised, prep well for the GRE if it's applicable to your intended program.

As you prep for it, also carefully review entry requirements on program websites of your shortlisted schools especially; prerequisite courses, if transcript evaluations are required (this would save you further costs) etc.

You can then send an email to the grad coords. In the email; introduce yourself, then politely ask about the assistantship opportunities available in the program, and what you need to do to be considered for them. I think it's best to hear from them before contacting Profs. Their responses should guide your school selections for the GRE and subsequent online applications.

Best wishes as you get set.
Thanks man..this is good info.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Johnolukolade(m): 10:35am On Apr 22, 2019
GentleYoung:

Hi bro, VIU is an unranked school. Did an agent help you get into this school? What would you be studying? What degree do you have at hand presently and what specialization? Did you apply to other universities or do you have any admission offer apart from VIU? LMK please.

Best!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Johnolukolade(m): 10:44am On Apr 22, 2019
Kendrix69:

I haven't..I would be taking it by August... Its important I get an idea of the schools I want to apply to ...for instance on the day of the GRE , how will I know who to send my scores to if I have not done any findings?
What's your undergraduate specialization and GPA?
What (research and teaching) experience do you have?
Like I'll say, there's a school for everyone and if you don't want tofool yourself, you should know which schools you can get into unconditionally, schools that would fund you and you won't need to get loans or something. You should know your strength even before taking the GRE and with that, you will know which schools fit your profile and ability.
Don't start building your castle in the air, it won't pay you eventually.

Best!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GentleYoung(m): 11:14am On Apr 22, 2019
texrem:
Shoutout to those who got visa already! Shoutout to those awaiting visa interview with positive attitude of having the visa already!

Well, visa interview should not be taken lightly. There's a saying that says whoever that fail to plan will inevitably plan to fail. You have seen a lot of testimonies that carries my moniker. No be me do am ooooooo.. Ngwam! God just use me to help them improve their weak point and make necessary corrections. Forget, the issue of going to a community college or university. If you prove your studentship, you will get the visa. It has happened on this thread, irrespective of your age (Its rare tho). But, believe in yourself and your God. there's Luck and there's God, whichever way you wanna put it. But as for me and my household, we believe in God almighty. Preparation is the key. Confident skyhigh. I am telling you as you prepare for your interview, have in your mind and digest this few points;

1. Be prepared for it. read, read and read. rehearse and rehearse, but not too much that you will sound rehearsed on the interview day and blow your chances like balloon. This VO are psychologists. They will scrutinize you and walk through you mind until you gbagaaan! But if you re prepared. No shaking! shoutout to 2baba

2. First impression matters. You go there with a strong face as if your village people dey follow you. You will get a strong impression from the VO back (You know what i mean). But let me tell you, no matter the scenario surrounding the interview proper, if na strong or cool, Our God is an awesome God. Nobody can stop you!

3. Maintain Eye contact. Eye contact passes a strong message of confidence. I look the lady as if dem born us together. Na wetin make me like girls be that (Na joke ooo) cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

4. Be respectful! Those oyinbo sabi your culture! Be humble!

5. Mind your own business. Don't feel dejected because someone was denied right in front of you. Una no pay visa fees together. You guys dont have the same surname. Carry your cross!

6. Smile intermittently during the course of the interview!

7. Even if you're denied. Refire! don't be weighed down, dejected or lost because of a single failure! I failed 3 times! (See me bouncing today)

8. Give love and you will get love back!

9. Hit me up for mock!

10. I am heading to bed!

Wish all 2019 visa hopeful all the best! Go and make me proud! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Happy Easter to you all. Miss the Family! grin grin grin grin

Kindly drop your contact

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by SHISHKIN: 11:16am On Apr 22, 2019
Hello, guys, I am Philips. Please, I need your help. I have been offered admission by the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign to study for my Masters in Information management but I was unfortunately not offered scholarship as I had hoped. The total tuition is about 18 Million but I only need like 5 M to start. I have 1m. Please if you know links to any site that offers any scholarship or any site or anyone for that matter that could be of help to me, I will really appreciate it. Lectures start by August and I am running against time. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by SHISHKIN: 11:23am On Apr 22, 2019
wolex2090:
Good morning everyone,please I need schools in the US that offers Graduate programs on Agriculture or Economics without Gre or Gmat.

Anyone who have some schools in mind please kindly share.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 22, 2019
SHISHKIN:
Hello, guys, I am Philips. Please, I need your help. I have been offered admission by the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign to study for my Masters in Information management but I was unfortunately not offered scholarship as I had hoped. The total tuition is about 18 Million but I only need like 5 M to start. I have 1m. Please if you know links to any site that offers any scholarship or any site or anyone for that matter that could be of help to me, I will really appreciate it. Lectures start by August and I am running against time. Thank you.

It's important to note that for non-US/Canadian folks like us, scholarships are very few, hence the best bet for financial aid is via assistantships. This would either get you to pay in-state tuition (which your 5M could even cover for the 2years), or a full waiver. This is why it pays at the end when you have selected schools (2 or 3) wisely during applications. Best wishes.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GentleYoung(m): 12:27pm On Apr 22, 2019
Johnolukolade:

Hi bro, VIU is an unranked school. Did an agent help you get into this school? What would you be studying? What degree do you have at hand presently and what specialization? Did you apply to other universities or do you have any admission offer apart from VIU? LMK please.

Best!!

I sent you a mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Micholo5(m): 12:33pm On Apr 22, 2019
Does undergraduate aspirant need WES evaluation too?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AdetonaDami(m): 12:35pm On Apr 22, 2019
datdopenigga:
Had 291�

Bro are you in US already...took months to reply grin
datdopenigga:
Had 291�

Bro are you in US already...took months to reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Manifoldlove: 12:38pm On Apr 22, 2019
Sadly, you haven't offered any help as it is. Note that not everyone had the luxury of graduating in the top class with a 3+ GPA, not everyone is privileged to get a GA, TA or the rest, but surely, there is always a place for everyone on this hussle. Poster, checkout Mpower Finance, your school and course should be funded. And don't take a NO for an answer because, this opportunity may never present itself again. Be assured that Las las, everyone will be fine. God bless the good people on this forum; texrem, Walspring, MrsLagosIsmyhome and the likes, yours helps here is unquantifiable!
Leone26:

It's important to note that for non-US/Canadian folks like us, scholarships are very few, hence the best bet for financial aid is via assistantships. This would either get you to pay in-state tuition (which your 5M could even cover for the 2years), or a full waiver. This is why it pays at the end when you have selected schools (2 or 3) wisely during applications. Best wishes.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Manifoldlove: 12:45pm On Apr 22, 2019
Please, is there anyone going to Indiana Uni.at Bloomington this fall? Lets relate very urgent. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kendrix69(m): 1:02pm On Apr 22, 2019
Johnolukolade:

What's your undergraduate specialization and GPA?
What (research and teaching) experience do you have?
Like I'll say, there's a school for everyone and if you don't want tofool yourself, you should know which schools you can get into unconditionally, schools that would fund you and you won't need to get loans or something. You should know your strength even before taking the GRE and with that, you will know which schools fit your profile and ability.
Don't start building your castle in the air, it won't pay you eventually.

Best!!
Computer Engineering
Final cgpa yet to be released..am fresh out of school...last cgpa was 3.2/4
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GentleYoung(m): 1:18pm On Apr 22, 2019
Time2win:

It's a red flag school. Run and don't look back. Don't go to embassy with that school i20 o.

Thanks for your response, I really appreciate

I would like to know, kindly let me know why I shouldn't go to the embassy with the school i20. I've searched for school to know if it's red flagged, didn't see anything of such.

Regards
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Mitocyan: 1:57pm On Apr 22, 2019
amb001:
Can I use statement of account of uncles in the us for visa interview? I hv prodigy loan of 30600 out of 36336 i-20 amount of Clemson. My uncle's statement is for d shortfall btw the loan and i20 amount. Hw will this affect my visa interview? NB: I'm newly married

Please, when did you apply for the prodigy finance loan? I applied this month but I was declined
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 22, 2019
Manifoldlove:
Sadly, you haven't offered any help as it is. Note that not everyone had the luxury of graduating in the top class with a 3+ GPA, not everyone is privileged to get a GA, TA or the rest, but surely, there is always a place for everyone on this hussle. Poster, checkout Mpower Finance, your school and course should be funded. And don't take a NO for an answer because, this opportunity may never present itself again. Be assured that Las las, everyone will be fine. God bless the good people on this forum; texrem, Walspring, MrsLagosIsmyhome and the likes, yours helps here is unquantifiable!

Baba he asked for scholarship links and you're advising him to take a loan of at least 5M. Is it not more pragmatic to take a step back (even if for a year), improve one's profile, and get financial aid for at least in-state tuition?? He could even explore other options too. These folks you quoted won't even advice him to take such a loan considering how unpredictable visa sponsorships are in Yankee. I hope he makes an informed decision soon. Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 2:05pm On Apr 22, 2019
GentleYoung:

Thanks for your response, I really appreciate

I would like to know, kindly let me know why I shouldn't go to the embassy with the school i20. I've searched for school to know if it's red flagged, didn't see anything of such.

Regards

Use nairaland search button and search for your school. You will read alot of review and transcript. Then you decide.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 22, 2019
Please gurus in the house is Dickinson State University an okay university to take to the embassy?
I can't find anything on the University on nairaland

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.