Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,912 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (402) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (796300 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 9:54pm On Apr 22, 2019
Why did you apply for a visa you will not use to travel in the first place? If the F1 is refused, which may likely be the case, whose fault is that?
Consider that a visa has been issued to you so that you can travel with it. Not using the B1/B2 visa while applying for a different category tantamount to not knowing what you want! VO don't like people who doesn't know what they are doing! I'll advise you use your B1/B2 first, then apply for the F1. However, I'm not a Consular officer...but talking from years of experience smiley

Bleuocean:
Hello all, I want to confirm, if is true that if you don't use your US visa, you will be refused next time you apply for visa. I have a valid B1/B2 visa which will expire by March 2020 and I am planning to apply for F1 student visa - will I be refused F1 student visa for not using the other visiting visa first issued to me?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 9:54pm On Apr 22, 2019
And what do you want to learn? Ask specific question.
Chimachil:
Can someone talk about under graduate so I can learn something please. It shouldnt be just masters �
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pefuele(m): 10:07pm On Apr 22, 2019
Kendrix69:

Yeah, sometimes....but also note that while GRE for this department is not required, TOEFL with a score of 100 is.....but to answer your question...YES...their waiver is applicable to NigerIA...are u a computer or electrical first degree graduate?

Yeap but with a TOEFL of 81.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 22, 2019
Kendrix69:

Lol.,i think u don't understand me yet.. Getting a GRE score is my goal..I am targetting a perfect score...but if I haven't done the minimal research I'll just waste my 4 free score reports cos I won't know which school to send my perfect score to...I am not saying I want to spend hours researching schools...I just want to know basic questions to ask that's all
In general I just no want make d free score reporting waste ...lol...cos 80$ no be small money

Alright, I understand you now. It was a case of misunderstanding from my part.
I thought you wanted to invest a lot of time doing school search instead of focusing on your GRE. So, I wanted to give you heads up that it might be a wrong strategy.

Just make sure you don't spend too much time researching schools when you should be studying on GRE.
All the best!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pefuele(m): 10:10pm On Apr 22, 2019
Barry002:
Good day all, can someone paste me a proper transcript, my interview is coming up next month.. I'm going to Lincoln state university Oakland California for an MBA .. I ve been rejected once.. Pls help a brother

Drop your previous transcripts so that gurus in the house can critique it for you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Chimachil: 10:14pm On Apr 22, 2019
Better schools like?
GentleYoung:

Kindly drop your contact
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 10:21pm On Apr 22, 2019
lols. grin You're funny. I expect you to get your visa first time. So, I look forward to it!
sharwama:
Master!!!
You have given us a drink from your fountain of knowledge. Thank you for this and I look forward to your "address" at your earliest convenience smiley smiley smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sarcasticmofo: 10:32pm On Apr 22, 2019
Micholo5:
Does undergraduate aspirant need WES evaluation too?
WES evaluation for WAEC is not all that important but it opens your doors to alot more scholarships because most schools requires Evaluation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 11:12pm On Apr 22, 2019
Bleuocean:
Hello all, I want to confirm, if is true that if you don't use your US visa, you will be refused next time you apply for visa. I have a valid B1/B2 visa which will expire by March 2020 and I am planning to apply for F1 student visa - will I be refused F1 student visa for not using the other visiting visa first issued to me?

No, it's a bonus for you. They will see it as you are not in a hurry to leave your homeland. Please feel free to apply for F1 visa and be very positive about it. You will get your F1 visa.

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 11:15pm On Apr 22, 2019
fairheart:
Why did you apply for a visa you will not use to travel in the first place? If the F1 is refused, which may likely be the case, whose fault is that?
Consider that a visa has been issued to you so that you can travel with it. Not using the B1/B2 visa while applying for a different category tantamount to not knowing what you want! VO don't like people who doesn't know what they are doing! I'll advise you use your B1/B2 first, then apply for the F1. However, I'm not a Consular officer...but talking from years of experience smiley

Which years of experience shocked shocked shocked. What you said is misleading. Not using your visa doesn't have any negative effect on the applicant. It's actually a bonus for the person. It means you are not in a hurry to visit america due to any reason best known to the person.

12 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 11:20pm On Apr 22, 2019
So you have to attack me en? It is my opinion! You see it as "not being in hurry", I see it otherwise. If my idea of his situation is different, you should respect that. To come here and tell me I am misleading shows you think you're infallible. You just bump on people on public forum and talk as if you have no manners. You should learn how you approach views different from the way you see things. Don't write stuff like this on my comment again!
Time2win:

Which years of experience shocked shocked shocked. What you said is misleading. Not using your visa doesn't have any negative effect on the applicant. It's actually a bonus for the person. It means you are not in a hurry to visit america due to any reason best known to the person.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 11:27pm On Apr 22, 2019
fairheart:
So you have to attack me en? It is my opinion! You see it as "not being in hurry", I see it otherwise. If my idea of his situation is different, you should respect that. To come here and tell me I am misleading shows you think you're infallible. You just bump on people on public forum and talk as if you have no manners. You should learn how you approach views different from the way you see things. Don't write stuff like this on my comment again!

You said from experience and speak with so much confidence. I wouldn't have responded that way if not how you sounded. Why telling him to travel, are you in his pocket? Do you know why he didn't travel with the B1/B2 Visa? You sounded negative in the your opinion (because you said his F1 is likely to be refused) that's why i responded that way.

14 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 11:36pm On Apr 22, 2019
Time2win:

You said from experience and speak with so much confidence. I wouldn't have responded that way if not how you sounded. Why telling him to travel, are you in his pocket? Do you know why he didn't travel with the B1/B2 Visa? You sounded negative in the your opinion (because you said his F1 is likely to be refused) that's why i responded that way.
He is quite right, getting a B1/B2, and using it for no reason raises some red flags, especially as to whether you could even afford to go in the first place, or you were playing lottery with the whole process. But, if he has a good reason, then good luck to him.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 11:40pm On Apr 22, 2019
Look, I assume you are educated and presently studying in the US? My experience--whether I share it with so much confidence or timidly--is a part of me, my opinion, my view, my contribution, on this forum. This is a public forum, where diverse views, perspective, ideas, and suggestions must be embraced (or looked at from both ends) in order for it and the people on it to thrive.

I never forced my response to this guy's question down his throat. He would still make his decision anyway. He would still be able to decide what he wants anyway. You and I ain't going to take his position, no matter how wrong or right we are! It shouldn't matter to you how I responded; it is none of your business; and it is not your post!

I was just sharing my views (influenced by experience that you know nothing about, let alone have gut to question). And what if at the end of the day I was right? You must be full of yourself to quickly judge someone you don't know at all, and say I am negative. I find it hard to see the enlightenment in you! You call being realistic being negative? May God help you!
Time2win:

You said from experience and speak with so much confidence. I wouldn't have responded that way if not how you sounded. Why telling him to travel, are you in his pocket? Do you know why he didn't travel with the B2 Visa? You sounded negative in the your opinion that's why i responded that way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 11:40pm On Apr 22, 2019
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:

He is quite right, getting a B1/B2, and using it for no reason raises some red flags, especially as to whether you could even afford to go in the first place, or you were playing lottery with the whole process. But, if he has a good reason, then good luck to him.

I don't agree though cos I have asked a consular same question and that was the answer I got.

13 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 11:44pm On Apr 22, 2019
fairheart:
Look, I assume you are educated and presently studying in the US? My experience--whether I share it with so much confidence or timidly--are a part of me, my opinion, my view, my contribution, on this forum. This is a public forum, where diverse views, perspective, ideas, and suggestions must be embraced (or looked at from both ends) in order for it and the people on it to thrive.

I never forced my response to this guy's question down his throat. He would still make his decision anyway. He would still be able to decide what he wants anyway. You and I ain't going to take his position, no matter how wrong or right we are! It shouldn't matter to you how I responded; it is none of your business; and it is not your post!

I was just sharing my views (influenced by experience that you know nothing about, let alone have gut to question). And what if at the end of the day I was right? You must be full of yourself to quickly judge someone you don't know at all, and say I am negative. I find it hard to see the enlightenment in you! You call being realistic being negative? May God help you!

Oga calm down. I only said misleading and never insulted you. I appreciate your contribution on this forum. I just reacted cos I felt your comment was kind of demoralizing. Sorry if you felt somehow.

12 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 11:51pm On Apr 22, 2019

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ODAVI(m): 1:16am On Apr 23, 2019
Hello Guys, Please assist me to review my little concerns

I have been to the embassy twice.

The major rejection was cos my company was sponsoring me.

The first time in Abuja Embassy was alm9ost successful as the VO requested i bring a letter stating how much the company is supporting me with.

However the second time time Abuja, the VO black lady, didn't allow me explained better, the added document. In fact, i spent almost 10 mins to explain to her the letter with the bank statement of 25mill with a turn over of 600millon in 6 months. But she said the statement does not show enough money even thou my first year tuition is 7million

Now, i applied to Babson college for MBA, but was admitted for their CAM program which is a program i did start in spring 2020 and upon completion i am able to apply the credit to the MBA and my GMAT requirement will be waived. NOTE I had 285b in GRE but was low for admission to Babson, while i was admitted by Cleveland state university for Spring 2019 but defer to fall cos i was denied visa and now i also have Wright state university admission for Summer 2019

My worry is, should i wait till spring 2020 and reapply for visa with Babson college a Number 1 private enterprenuer business college in US/Boston or
I reapply for visa this Fall to entreated my CSU (Ohio) which i have been to the embassy with.

Note: I do not want to be seen as jumping from one school to another hence i wanted to maintained same school.

However Babson is top rank school.

Noe:This time i am going with my Uncle account with over 64million balance.

Thanks guys, i anticipate your reactions and valid comments
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by texrem(m): 1:58am On Apr 23, 2019
GentleYoung:

Kindly drop your contact

Check your email
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by texrem(m): 1:59am On Apr 23, 2019
tactmayor:
Please I need an information. Who has received his/her i20 to Nigeria via eshipglobal and how much was paid?

Also, for those who recently booked visa appointments, when is the earliest date appearing at the moment?

$109. I paid for my brother coming for his masters.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by texrem(m): 2:02am On Apr 23, 2019
Bleuocean:

No you will not be refused. But your b1/b2 visa will be cancelled and changed to F1 I guess!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 2:06am On Apr 23, 2019
ODAVI:
Hello Guys, Please assist me.

I have been to the embassy twice.

The major rejection was cos my company was sponsoring me.

The first time in Abuja Embassy was alm9ost successful as the VO requested i bring a letter stating how much the company is supporting me with.

However the second time time Abuja, the VO black lady, didn't allow me explained better, the added document. In fact, i spent almost 10 mins to explain to her the letter with the bank statement of 25mill with a turn over of 600millon in 6 months. But she said the statement does not show enough money even thou my first year tuition is 7million

Now, i applied t9o Babson college for MBA, but was admitted for thier CAM program which is a program i did start in spring 2020 aand upon completion i am able to apply the credit to the MBA and my GMAT requirement will be waived.

My worry is, should i wait till spring 2020 and reapply for visa with Babson college a Number 1 private enterprenuer business college in US/Boston or
I reapply for visa this Fall to entreated my CSU (Ohio) which i have been to the embassy with.

Note: I do not want to be seen as jumping from one school to another hence i wanted to maintained same school.

However Babson is top rank school.

Noe:This time i am going with my Uncle account with over 64million balance.

Thanks guys, i anticipate your reactions and valid comments

Hi,

From your experience, I can tell that your main issue is sponsorship. You can (or rather, you could have) easily solved this by taking the GRE/GMAT and getting financial aid. It seems you are trying to run away from standardized tests but that is the best way to get financial aid that will save you the stress of carrying an uncle's account of 60m naira to the embassy and trying to convince the VO that you are a genuine student.

I will advice you to go with whichever program you think you like. Babson has a strong entrepreneurship MBA (well-reputed within the business space), but overall, I don't think the brand name will ring a bell to the ears of the VO same way an Ivy or a top 10 traditional program will do. The top rank entrepreneuship MBA program offered at Babson is mostly known within the business space and it will be extremely hard for someone outside of the business space to recognize that. So, I don't think the brand will help you in this situation because the VO will most likely not know about Babson's reputed entrepreneurship MBA except he/she uses Google during your interview.

Also, only Babson's MBA is ranked highly in entrepreneurship and from my understanding, you are enrolling for the CAM, which is a certificate program and not even a fulltime degree. So, telling the VO you are admitted by a "number 1 business college" when actually the rank is just for a specific area that is not well known outside the space doesn't make sense. You can instead talk about Babson's strong rank in entrepreneurship, but don't expect this reason to ring a bell same way a Harvard/Wharton/Stanford GSB/Kellogg/Booth/MIT Sloan MBA will do. And if you mention the strong entreprenruship ranking, and you can't link the degree to how it will help you become a entrepreneur in the "why this degree" question, you will give yourself multiple shots on the leg.

Let's not forget the fact that your program is the CAM program and not even the entreprenruship-MBA program. So you have a higher hill to climb since your program is a certificate program and not a degree.

It seems you did not take the GMAT or GRE. That might work against you and I noticed you wanted to use the CAM to bypass the GMAT/GRE requirement. Why spend such a huge amount just to waive GMAT/GRE when you can do that with just <100K naira and 4 months of dedicated prep?

In summary, I think both schools and programs are similar and Babson might not ring a bell (as you think) to the ears of the VO except the VO knows business programs very very well, which is highly unlikely.

My advice is for you to choose any of both programs (CSU or Babson) that seems best for you. Or since you don't mind waiting till the spring semester, you should take the GMAT/GRE, get financial aid for spring semester and avoid having to give long explanations to the VO regarding your sponsorship.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sheke01: 2:55am On Apr 23, 2019
Time2win:

The moment i read your initial post I just knew you were going to attack fairheart's post. Why are we always like this. You see another angle from his doesn't give you any right to call his own opinion "misleading".

The fact that a "retired" VO gave you that answer which might be his own view point doesn't even make it the hard rule. Another VO might have a totally different opinion and see it as a red flag.

You stated your opinion, let the poster view both replies, assimilate them and choose whatever he wishes to go with. We should do away with this "drag everyone down just to feel superior" mentality

Live and let others live.

Regards

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kendrix69(m): 3:01am On Apr 23, 2019
bracelum:

Alright, I understand you now. It was a case of misunderstanding from my part.
I thought you wanted to invest a lot of time doing school search instead of focusing on your GRE. So, I wanted to give you heads up that it might be a wrong strategy.

Just make sure you don't spend too much time researching schools when you should be studying on GRE.
All the best!
Yeah..thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kendrix69(m): 3:03am On Apr 23, 2019
Pefuele:

Yeap but with a TOEFL of 81.
Okay.. It has closed for this year tho...so u can still rewrite and get a higher score for next fall
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by K234: 4:52am On Apr 23, 2019
Hey Nairalanders! It's been ages since I've visited this thread but I still remember how a lot of the information shared here was very useful to me during my grad application process and visa interview. In my own way of giving back and lending my support to this platform, I and some of my fellow Nigerian grad students decided to create a platform on facebook for incoming Nigerian grad students to Texas A&M University, College Station. Anyone who has been accepted for the Fall 2019 session can join the group (undergrads are also welcome!!). We will share information with you about housing, jobs on campus, general student life, etc. Feel free to request to join using this link
https://www./2013984848907239/.

If the link doesn't work you can search for the group on facebook "Texas A&M Incoming Nigerian Graduates Students".

Cheers!!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 5:34am On Apr 23, 2019
sheke01:

The moment i read your initial post I just knew you were going to attack fairheart's post. Why are we always like this. You see another angle from his doesn't give you any right to call his own opinion "misleading".

The fact that a "retired" VO gave you that answer which might be his own view point doesn't even make it the hard rule. Another VO might have a totally different opinion and see it as a red flag.

You stated your opinion, let the poster view both replies, assimilate them and choose whatever he wishes to go with. We should do away with this[b] "drag everyone down just to feel superior" [/b] mentality

Live and let others live.

Regards

I never meant to drag him down or make him feel inferior and that's the last thing I will do on this forum. He has been an active contributor on this forum. I chose my words carefully before replying his post. He said from experience, he is likely to be refused... that's why i jumped in cos it is misleading and can be demoralizing to the person that asked the question. Aside the retired V.O answer, I have personally asked another V.O same question and never got any negative feedback on such issue. Ofcourse, the person might be asked why he/she didn't use the issued visa and the answer can make him/her get another visa or lose both. We should just be careful with the feedback we give though, that's just the point of my post. If he hasn't used with experience that he is likely to be refused in his post, I wouldn't have answered that way. To me, I found it misleading. I have apologised to him if he found my post offensive.

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pefuele(m): 6:18am On Apr 23, 2019
Kendrix69:

Okay.. It has closed for this year tho...so u can still rewrite and get a higher score for next fall

Ok,thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ODAVI(m): 6:23am On Apr 23, 2019
THANK YOU for taking time to respond. I did seat for the GRE and my score is 285. 145 VERBAL, 138 QUANT and 3.0 Writing. There is no way CSU will admit you without a GRE for MBA.

Also, i didn't get the full MBA program of babson becos of my low GRE/GMAT. The chool sees my potential and that is why they introduced and admitted me to the CAM program.

Interestingly, this program is FULL TIME 9MOTH, and student successfully completion of this program.

BABSON CAM PROGRAM

Fast Track: Earn 9 credits in as little as 1 semester, or take your time and graduate in 3 years.
Flexible Format: Choose classes that match your interests, schedule, and learning preference, including full-time and part-time classes on weekends, evenings, and online.
Stackable: Earn a 3.0 minimum GPA in the CAM program and you may apply your credits toward a future Babson graduate degree, and waive the GMAT requirement for your Babson MBA.
Scholarships Available: A 20% tuition reduction is offered for Babson degree holders, first res-ponders, veterans, and active duty members of the military.
International Student Options: Maintain F-1 visa eligibility by taking either 9 credits in 1 semester or 15 credits in 2 semesters. OPT is available for 2-semester students only.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ODAVI(m): 6:27am On Apr 23, 2019
THANK YOU for taking time to respond. I did seat for the GRE and my score is 285. 145 VERBAL, 138 QUANT and 3.0 Writing. There is no way CSU will admit you without a GRE for MBA.

Also, i didn't get the full MBA program of babson becos of my low GRE/GMAT. The chool sees my potential and that is why they introduced and admitted me to the CAM program.

Interestingly, this program is FULL TIME 9MOTH, and student successfully completion of this program.

BABSON CAM PROGRAM

Fast Track: Earn 9 credits in as little as 1 semester, or take your time and graduate in 3 years.
Flexible Format: Choose classes that match your interests, schedule, and learning preference, including full-time and part-time classes on weekends, evenings, and online.
Stackable: Earn a 3.0 minimum GPA in the CAM program and you may apply your credits toward a future Babson graduate degree, and waive the GMAT requirement for your Babson MBA.
Scholarships Available: A 20% tuition reduction is offered for Babson degree holders, first res-ponders, veterans, and active duty members of the military.
International Student Options: Maintain F-1 visa eligibility by taking either 9 credits in 1 semester or 15 credits in 2 semesters. OPT is available for 2-semester students only.....
bracelum:

Hi,

From your experience, I can tell that your main issue is sponsorship. You can (or rather, you could have) easily solved this by taking the GRE/GMAT and getting financial aid. It seems you are trying to run away from standardized tests but that is the best way to get financial aid that will save you the stress of carrying an uncle's account of 60m naira to the embassy and trying to convince the VO that you are a genuine student.

I will advice you to go with whichever program you think you like. Babson has a strong entrepreneurship MBA (well-reputed within the business space), but overall, I don't think the brand name will ring a bell to the ears of the VO same way an Ivy or a top 10 traditional program will do. The top rank entrepreneuship MBA program offered at Babson is mostly known within the business space and it will be extremely hard for someone outside of the business space to recognize that. So, I don't think the brand will help you in this situation because the VO will most likely not know about Babson's reputed entrepreneurship MBA except he/she uses Google during your interview.

Also, only Babson's MBA is ranked highly in entrepreneurship and from my understanding, you are enrolling for the CAM, which is a certificate program and not even a fulltime degree. So, telling the VO you are admitted by a "number 1 business college" when actually the rank is just for a specific area that is not well known outside the space doesn't make sense. You can instead talk about Babson's strong rank in entrepreneurship, but don't expect this reason to ring a bell same way a Harvard/Wharton/Stanford GSB/Kellogg/Booth/MIT Sloan MBA will do. And if you mention the strong entreprenruship ranking, and you can't link the degree to how it will help you become a entrepreneur in the "why this degree" question, you will give yourself multiple shots on the leg.

Let's not forget the fact that your program is the CAM program and not even the entreprenruship-MBA program. So you have a higher hill to climb since your program is a certificate program and not a degree.

It seems you did not take the GMAT or GRE. That might work against you and I noticed you wanted to use the CAM to bypass the GMAT/GRE requirement. Why spend such a huge amount just to waive GMAT/GRE when you can do that with just <100K naira and 4 months of dedicated prep?

In summary, I think both schools and programs are similar and Babson might not ring a bell (as you think) to the ears of the VO except the VO knows business programs very very well, which is highly unlikely.

My advice is for you to choose any of both programs (CSU or Babson) that seems best for you. Or since you don't mind waiting till the spring semester, you should take the GMAT/GRE, get financial aid for spring semester and avoid having to give long explanations to the VO regarding your sponsorship.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GentleYoung(m): 6:27am On Apr 23, 2019
Johnolukolade:

Hi bro, VIU is an unranked school. Did an agent help you get into this school? What would you be studying? What degree do you have at hand presently and what specialization? Did you apply to other universities or do you have any admission offer apart from VIU? LMK please.

Best!!

You haven't responded
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 7:34am On Apr 23, 2019
Apologies accepted cheesy I have learn not to be offended by anything I see on this forum again because I know we have many young people here, and stuff like this is bound to happen. If you look at the tail of my comment, you will see this sentence: However, I'm not a Consular officer...but talking from years of experience For me to have included "However", I am not a consular officer" means my view have possibility of not being the case as presented; it did not mean I am emphatic! On your opinion that what I wrote is demoralizing, it is how you see it. I am not the type who drop sweet comment here just to please people. I share what I perceive to be reality or likely to happen. This is the same thing Twoods used to do here, and many students thought he's negative. But it's their opinion! The poster and the applicant here have options to choose from. I'm sure he'll still consult other people and decide what's best for him. If he did not use the B1/B2 and apply for the F1 visa and it's granted, I'll learn something from his case; if he's refused, you'll learn and he'll learn, and the lesson will become a part of your experience. Have a great day!
Time2win:

I never meant to drag him down or make him feel inferior and that's the last thing I will do on this forum. He has been an active contributor on this forum. I chose my words carefully before replying his post. He said from experience, he is likely to be refused... that's why i jumped in cos it is misleading and can be demoralizing to the person that asked the question. Aside the retired V.O answer, I have personally asked another V.O same question and never got any negative feedback on such issue. Ofcourse, the person might be asked why he/she didn't use the issued visa and the answer can make him/her get another visa or lose both. We should just be careful with the feedback we give though, that's just the point of my post. If he hasn't used with experience that he is likely to be refused in his post, I wouldn't have answered that way. To me, I found it misleading. I have apologised to him if he found my post offensive.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.