Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (409) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (795460 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 25, 2019
JoeBazz:
Hi fams,
I am grateful for all your contributions on this forum so far, I really gained a lot from you guys. How I wish I had known this forum before now I wouldn't have fallen victim of red flagged school processed for me by agent.
I want to ask a question bothering me and I need the input of experience individual here.
Does it worth it to take a 25k dollar loan per academic year to pursue masters in Applied Statistics at the United state of America?

I was offered admission last week and I applied for Mpower Loan and was conditionally offered the loan but I haven't processed the loan further because I need the advice of experience friends here on Nairaland.

Thanks in anticipation for your advices.

Hi,

I think I saw your post earlier. Applied Statistics is a very good course because it leads to different interesting roles in the industry. However, getting that first job might be very difficult especially if you don't have prior experience in analytics, statistical programming and data science.

My worry is your school. I don't think it is wise to take a $50K loan (for 2 academic sessions) to your school in Michigan. If you want to take a loan, take a loan for a school that offers strong on-campus recruitment that improves your chances of landing a job.

The University of Michigan Ann Arbor has a solid data science program. If you want to break the bank for a degree, you should apply next year to that program.

I wish you the very best!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kendrix69(m): 4:46pm On Apr 25, 2019
sheke01:

Insecured, unable to get into a top rated school, intimidated, jeopardizes my life success are all your opinions.

I won't talk about my insecurity, admission into top rated schools, intimidation, life successes with someone who opens a new moniker, jumps to romance section and starts seeking a "mature, good looking and serious lady for friendship that could lead to something meaningful, and the lady must be ambitious, good looking and less than 30 years old."

When you reveal your old moniker, or you share your successful visa interview transcript, show us your admission to a top rated school and doing a graduate degree in a top rated program, we will have that discussion.

Goodluck in the ultimate search for your soulmate.

regards
Gbas gbos

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by oluwaisgreat(m): 4:53pm On Apr 25, 2019
sheke01:

Insecured, unable to get into a top rated school, intimidated, jeopardizes my life success are all your opinions.

I won't talk about my insecurity, admission into top rated schools, intimidation, life successes with someone who opens a new moniker, jumps to romance section and starts seeking a "mature, good looking and serious lady for friendship that could lead to something meaningful, and the lady must be ambitious, good looking and less than 30 years old."

When you reveal your old moniker, or you share your successful visa interview transcript, show us your admission to a top rated school and doing a graduate degree in a top rated program, we will have that discussion.

regards

savage

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 25, 2019
sheke01:

regards

This is totally uncalled for. I don't see the need for you to write this thing.

You can't tell me you have never approached a lady before.

Again, you used this to dodge the main topic under discussion.

Opening someone's post and revealing things like this is very childish. Treat the issue under discussion and stop telling us how the poster is trying to seek love - which is a normal thing.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by John3mace: 5:09pm On Apr 25, 2019
How to reduce the duration of my visa processing?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sunnypolicy02: 5:12pm On Apr 25, 2019
I don't think this is necessary. Why attack his privacy. It is totally out of it. It is not relevant to the topic of discussion. You may choose any way to get a spouse. You may even use the old Africhat system, it's nobody's business. Arguments or interactions should be constructive not destructive. You have taken it too far. We learn from each argument here. I have learnt a lot here through diverse views. We always disagree to agree. #toleranceiskey #respect
sheke01:

regards

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 25, 2019
Sunnypolicy02:
I don't think this is necessary. Why attack his privacy. It is totally out of it. It is not relevant to the topic of discussion. You may choose any way to get a spouse. You may even use the old Africhat system, it's nobody's business. Arguments or interactions should be constructive not destructive. You have taken it too far. We learn from each argument here. I have learnt a lot here through diverse views. We always disagree to agree. #toleranceiskey #respect

This sheke01 guy just fall hands

At this age when people find their spouses through Twitter, Facebook and other social media channels. People even use online dating apps to find their spouses. Even some wealthy people announce on Instagram that they are searching for spouses. So what is the big deal about it?

Some people are just too shallow-minded and I can't believe I have been discussing with someone that thinks like a 5 year old.

If you open his facebook account now, I can bet that you will see numerous love messages he sent to ladies - some of which will ignore him. So, what is the big deal about bringing someone's love life to a conversation about education?

Some people are just too du.mb

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kendrix69(m): 5:47pm On Apr 25, 2019
Who here knows about schooling in Ireland and how cheap or expensive it can be
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sheke01: 5:52pm On Apr 25, 2019
Sunnypolicy02:

"And if you are being insecured because of the fact you are unable to get into a top rated school, don't use that to mislead others. You don't need to be intimidated thinking it jeopardizes your success in life"

When a poster uses the above statement on me based on my post, it is my choice to respond based on his posts too.

And it ain't any attack on his privacy. If it's private then it shouldn't be on nairaland. In my opinion, someone that is smart enough to figure out that am insecure, unable to get into top rated schools for my information systems program and am intimidated that it will jeopardize my life success should also be smart enough to know that his private matters shouldn't be a topic on nairaland thread.

Lemme not go into how its not childish too.

I know it's nobody's business but as he said, Nairaland is a faceless forum, everyone is entitled to his opinions

Santè!!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TheZed(m): 6:01pm On Apr 25, 2019
This thread is so not ready to move to part 15. Justwise should please let them continue with their constructive and destructive arguments here till people start posting their transcripts before moving the thread forward.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by bwiizy92(m): 6:01pm On Apr 25, 2019
Guys please help with my mock transcripts....
Enough Gbas gbo this is interview season...

V.O: Good morning, your passport and I-20
Me: good morning and obliged with the documents.
V.O: why are you going to the U.S
Me: I am going for my master's degree in chemistry at Central Michigan university.
V.O: how did you hear about this school:
Me: I carried out an extensive research on the internet and streamlined the search with my research Interest in Materials and Nanoscience and CMU was among the school I found.
V.O: how many schools did you apply to
Me: 3, Illinois institute of technology, Auburn university and central Michigan university.
V.O: why this school over the others
Me: After I discovered CMU I checked their Chemistry department website and took a virtual tour of their research lab ( Dow Chemical complex) and also checked the ongoing research in the department, and requested for some published papers from Dr. Caruntu on materials and Nanoscience and found out our research Interest aligns, In addition the department is funding my research.
V.O: tell me about your assistantship and how you got it.
Me: I was offered a teaching assistantship with a two year RA that covers tuition and living expenses with a generous stipend. I believe the admission committee were impressed with my profile and asked me to upload my resume and official transcripts.
V.O: Did you write any standardized test
Me: I wrote GRE and TOEFL,....states scores
V.O: when did you graduate and what have you been doing since?
Me: I graduated in 2015 and went for the mandatory youth service in Cross River state. After my service I was offered a graduate trainee position at XYZ chemical industry where I work till date.
V.O: What are your plans after graduation
Me: The Nigerian government through one of her agencies NASENI has indicated interest in local content science and engineering and in particular provide funding for projects in nanoscience and nanotechnology, I intend to return to Nigeria an take a lecturing position at my Alma mater whilst I offer consulting services to chemical firms when the opportunity arises.

Help to critique this....open to wholesome changes cool

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kendrix69(m): 6:04pm On Apr 25, 2019
There was a giy here looking for information concerning no GRE for architecture, well bowling green state uni does not require GRE for their architecture ..goodluck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 25, 2019
sheke01:

regards
Lol, this guy is a bloody f.ool! grin
How does my post about an ambitious lady correlate with you having a low thinking faculty? It's not a crime and it's none of your business. I just did a little background check on you and realized you are having in a low life in one of the tier3 ranked universities. I'm not surprised at all! So it's pretty clear why you are so pained and insecure with my comment. There's no point having this conversation with you further, cos I predicted your status and was damn right!

More so, attributing every new moniker to someone else is a show of foolishness and that also confirmed your level of stupidity. And for your information, I have admits in three different schools, which the lowest among them being far better than your miserable university and you being in the US does not make you hallowed.

Santé!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 6:27pm On Apr 25, 2019
Naijamyhome:
How does my post about an ambitious lady correlate with you having a low thinking faculty? It's not a crime and it's none of your business. I just did a little background check on you and realized you are having in a low life in one of the tier3 ranked universities. I'm not surprised at all! So it's pretty clear why you are so pained and insecure with my comment. There's no point having this conversation with you further, cos I predicted your status and was damn right!

More so, attributing every new moniker to someone else is a show of foolishness and that also confirmed your level of stupidity. And for your information, I have admits in three different schools, which the lowest among them being far better than your miserable university and you being in the US does not make you hallowed.

Santé!

Lol. Was all that necessary at all. You did a background check on him and found out that he attended a tier 3 university. He did the same on you and you are crying fowl. Are you not preparing to attend university of New haven or that university is top 10? I was enjoying the conversation until u attacked the gentleman who contributed greatly to that conversation but all you can come up with is a background check on him and an attack on someone who have moved passed what you are praying all day for

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 25, 2019
Naijamyhome:

Santé!

Forget matter

This is uncalled for.

You shouldn't stoop so low to reply a fo.ol the same way he replied you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 25, 2019
Predstan:

Lol. Was all that necessary at all. You did a background check on him and found out that he attended a tier 3 university. He did the same on you and you are crying fowl. Are you not preparing to attend university of New haven or that university is top 10? I was enjoying the conversation until u attacked the gentleman who contributed greatly to that conversation but all you can come up with is a background check on him and an attack on someone who have moved passed what you are praying all day for
Yeah, background check is does necessary.....Not everyone studying in the US is mentally balanced. Currently, I am much more better than that, ok.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 25, 2019
bracelum:

Forget matter

This is uncalled for.

You shouldn't stoop so low to reply a fo.ol the same way he replied you.

yeah, you are right. I should have looked away but sometimes you need to let people like him know where they belong. Most times once they manage to cross the bridge, they always think they are 'immortal'. Apologies though smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kendrix69(m): 6:51pm On Apr 25, 2019
U pple shud pls stop all this bickering and allow pple who come here for info see the information without having to wade thru all this BullS.hit...e don do abeg
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MasterforceII: 6:53pm On Apr 25, 2019
bwiizy92:

Me: Am going for my master's degree in chemistry at Central Michigan university.
Me: I carried out an extensive research on the internet and streamlined the search with my research Interest in Materials and Nanoscience and CMU was among the school I found.
Me: 3, Illinois institute of technology, Auburn university and central Michigan university.
Me: After I discovered CMU I checked their Chemistry department website and took a virtual tour of their research lab ( Dow Chemical complex) and also checked the ongoing research in the department, and requested for some published papers from Dr. Caruntu on materials and Nanoscience and found out our research Interest aligns, In addition the department is funding my research.
Me: I was offered a teaching assistantship with a two year RA that covers tuition and living expenses with a generous stipend. I believe the admission committee were impressed with my profile and asked me to upload my resume and official transcripts.
Me: I graduated in 2015 and went for the mandatory youth service in Cross River state. After my service I was offered a graduate trainee position at XYZ chemical industry where I work till date.
Me: The Nigerian government through one of her agencies NASENI has indicated interest in local content science and engineering and in particular provide funding for projects in nanoscience and nanotechnology, I intend to return to Nigeria an take a lecturing position at my Alma mater whilst I offer consulting services to chemical firms when the opportunity arises.

Hi Great transcript. Were you admitted at Auburn?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MrCuteking(m): 7:16pm On Apr 25, 2019
bwiizy92:

Me: Am going for my master's degree in chemistry at Central Michigan university.

Splendid. Here is your white paper.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fcnaxo: 7:20pm On Apr 25, 2019
bwiizy92:

Guy man! I am also waiting for my interview next month. So I kinda don’t have any experience.Having said that this Transcript is soothing to Read. With Good delivery this looks great. My 2cents Goodluck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 25, 2019
bwiizy92:

1. This one is not related to the transcript but it makes sense to know this so that you don't make mistakes while writing your research papers. The word is I'm

2. Talk more about the research. Give more specific details and don't be scared to talk about it until the VO cuts you off. It shows passion!

3. Hit the nail on the head in your first sentence. "I plan to join Bleep organization in Bleep role". Then you can continue with other details.

Overall, it seems you have done your homework with test scores and a good career path (that post-NYSC job shows career progression).

You'll be fine

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kendrix69(m): 7:27pm On Apr 25, 2019
bwiizy92:

Me: After I discovered CMU I checked their Chemistry department website and took a virtual tour of their research lab ( Dow Chemical complex) and also checked the ongoing research in the department, and requested for some published papers from Dr. Caruntu on materials and Nanoscience and found out our research Interest aligns, In addition the department is funding MY research.

The department isn't funding your research , its not yours...saying its a funded research area is better
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by bwiizy92(m): 7:30pm On Apr 25, 2019
bracelum:

1. This one is not related to the transcript but it makes sense to know this so that you don't make mistakes while writing your research papers. The word is I'm

2. Talk more about the research. Give more specific details and don't be scared to talk about it until the VO cuts you off. It shows passion!

3. Hit the nail on the head in your first sentence. "I plan to join Bleep organization in Bleep role". Then you can continue with other details.

Overall, it seems you have done your homework with test scores and a good career path (that post-NYSC job shows career progression).

You'll be fine
We do that brother, first draft
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 7:42pm On Apr 25, 2019
Pls gurus in the house do you know if I can present treasury bill to the VO?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by visiFisiMisi1: 9:13pm On Apr 25, 2019
Leone26:

Any extraordinary reason for deciding to do your bachelor's in the US, when you could ace UTME and pay below 40k naira per year here in Naija?? Just asking bro.

Thanks bro I am not actually saying I am not going to study in Nigeria... Getting bachelor's degree in USA is my dream, Vision& all I could wish for... If my only option is to study in Nigeria university why not ... I'm 100% good to go
I'm not throwing away the option totally... Never will I
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by OgbeniOptional(m): 9:39pm On Apr 25, 2019
Bro, I have someone who graduated from a fashion school last December ,he wants to buy his own industrial sewing machine worth 90+, he had to get a job as a security in one secondary school(18k Salary) saving to buy the machine. You can actually do that too or any other jobs (shop attendant too) around u. I came from an OK family but still the kind of menial jobs I have done in my life ehn, so I believe you need a job to save some money u would need for S.A.T. Abi u would come here again to ask for application fee after SAT? Or come here to find who will help u when the time to get your I20 comes? Help yourself achieve your dream by looking for a job that can make you save some money. Please like someone said, try and consider UTME as well, who no get dream to do his undergraduate for abroad�

visiFisiMisi1:

Thanks bro I am not actually saying I am not going to study in Nigeria... Getting bachelor's degree in USA is my dream, Vision& all I could wish for... If my only option is to study in Nigeria university why not ... I'm 100% good to go
I'm not throwing away the option totally... Never will I

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by visiFisiMisi1: 9:53pm On Apr 25, 2019
OgbeniOptional:
Bro, I have someone who graduated from a fashion school last December ,he wants to buy his own industrial sewing machine worth 90+, he had to get a job as a security in one secondary school(18k Salary) saving to buy the machine. You can actually do that too or any other jobs (shop attendant too) around u. I came from an OK family but still the kind of menial jobs I have done in my life ehn, so I believe you need a job to save some money u would need for S.A.T. Abi u would come here again to ask for application fee after SAT? Or come here to find who will help u when the time to get your I20 comes? Help yourself achieve your dream by looking for a job that can make you save some money. Please like someone said, try and consider UTME as well, who no get dream to do his undergraduate for abroad�

Yea That's true ... Unfortunately I'm currently enrolled in a computer Education centre which wouldn't give me chance to get any menial jobs for now...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sheke01: 9:55pm On Apr 25, 2019
Naijamyhome:

Santé!

First, there was no claim about holiness or sacred. I've never claimed to be the pope, or a priest or holy. So why bring "hallow" to the table. OMG, GRE words......I understand, na the stage wey u dey, use me practice

You think am ashamed of my school. Hell no. You think I give a damn about tier of school? I give a damn about attending a school my folks can afford, I give a damn about staying in status, I give a damn about not dropping into community college, I give a damn about graduating with good grades and learning all the skills that I will need to achieve my goals, I give a damn about living debt free and not struggling to pay off thousand of dollars in student loans

You want to give a lecture about living a low life, come to America to attend that top 10 ivy league school without a good financial plan, only then will I listen

Am not hallowed, am stupid, foolish and every other foul word in the dictionary but what I would never do is to use a foul word on anyone here. That's part of what separates a gem from the rest and not really the school you attend. The fate of gems are never defined by the schools they attend

I pray you get your visa and attend that school that is way better. I'll still pray you find that woman of your dreams cos love is a beautiful thing.

Cheers

12 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 25, 2019
sheke01:

First, there was no claim about holiness or sacred. I've never claimed to be the pope, or a priest or holy. So why bring "hallow" to the table. OMG, GRE words......I understand, na the stage wey u dey, use me practice

You think am ashamed of my school. Hell no. You think I give a damn about tier of school? I give a damn about attending a school my folks can afford, I give a damn about staying in status, I give a damn about not dropping into community college, I give a damn about graduating with good grades and learning all the skills that I will need to achieve my goals, I give a damn about living debt free and not struggling to pay off thousand of dollars in student loans

You want to give a lecture about living a low life, come to America to attend that top 10 ivy league school without a good financial plan, only then will I listen

Am not hallowed, am stupid, foolish and every other foul word in the dictionary but what I would never do is to use a foul word on anyone here. That's part of what separates a gem from the rest and not really the school you attend. The fate of gems are never defined by the schools they attend

I pray you get your visa and attend that school that is way better. I'll still pray you find that woman of your dreams cos love is a beautiful thing.

Cheers
Bro, it's okay.... let's bury the hatchet and move on. I was only stating the obvious facts before you threw the first jab and even my comment was made with all due respect to every prospective and current student across the universities in the US, irrespective of the echelon.

Santé!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by naira0(m): 10:25pm On Apr 25, 2019
sheke01:
N/B: I just decided to research the poster and the account was hastily registered on the 12th of April. Suddenly dots are connecting. If you know you know
I will tell you for FREE that's it's not who you're thinking. While the former exhibits a lot of mature comportment, the latter resonates a lot of juvenile inclinations. Do your research again. To me the dots are still mutually exclusivegringringrin

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adedayo65: 10:27pm On Apr 25, 2019
Lol, Run before you fly, one step at a time, secure your VISA first, then, this question you asked will make sense; not the other way round.

What’s the essence of spending your energy and time on cheap flight and at the end, no VISA (Godforbid).
Mayorsmart005:

Soon! Yet to appear for interview... Just trying to plan ahead.

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.