Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (410) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (796402 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 10:38pm On Apr 25, 2019
Would you please stop all these abusive post?
Naijamyhome:
Lol, this guy is a bloody f.ool! grin
How does my post about an ambitious lady correlate with you having a low thinking faculty? It's not a crime and it's none of your business. I just did a little background check on you and realized you are having in a low life in one of the tier3 ranked universities. I'm not surprised at all! So it's pretty clear why you are so pained and insecure with my comment. There's no point having this conversation with you further, cos I predicted your status and was damn right!

More so, attributing every new moniker to someone else is a show of foolishness and that also confirmed your level of stupidity. And for your information, I have admits in three different schools, which the lowest among them being far better than your miserable university and you being in the US does not make you hallowed.

Santé!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 10:44pm On Apr 25, 2019
What exactly are you trying to achieve with all these? Do not make yourself a bone hanging in the throat of the thread. Just stop or take a break.
bracelum:

Forget matter

This is uncalled for.

You shouldn't stoop so low to reply a fo.ol the same way he replied you.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 10:47pm On Apr 25, 2019
Sure.
Brown2Green:
Pls gurus in the house do you know if I can present treasury bill to the VO?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 10:51pm On Apr 25, 2019
It is not that 50K is $1M. The thing is you continue to defend your position and you're not flexible at all. All the excuses you made to me when I asked for more information about what you need, had shaky foundation. How long have you been enrolled in a computer education centre? Are you saying you are at the computer education centre for the whole day, for 5 days a week? Is this an academy that it is the only thing you can do for now?

If you want me to be part of those who will help with the SAT registration fee, I'll have to test your preparedness! You'll have to merit it! I will give you a topic to write a 1000-word essay on. If your essay hit my pass mark, you'll earn certain percentage of the registration fee. Beside that, you have some questions to answer. I did not really understand that part of your explanation for why your Dad is not paying for the SAT fee when, in fact, he's financially sound and makes enough to pay American school tuition.
visiFisiMisi1:

Yea That's true ... Unfortunately I'm currently enrolled in a computer Education centre which wouldn't give me chance to get any menial jobs for now...

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 11:02pm On Apr 25, 2019
fairheart:
Sure.

Thanks
Can I use it in place of SOA?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 11:05pm On Apr 25, 2019
You will still have to go with the statement of the owner of the TBillz. He must have a source of income for the money in the T.billz, and that can't be proven unless his statement is assessed. Consular may ask for his statement. So, go with that, too.
Brown2Green:

Thanks
Can I use it in place of SOA?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 11:11pm On Apr 25, 2019
fairheart:
You will still have to go with the statement of the owner of the TBillz. He must have a source of income for the money in the T.billz, and that can't be proven unless his statement is assessed. Consular may ask for his statement. So, go with that, too.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by zolargeo: 11:27pm On Apr 25, 2019
Hello guys, Please I need an urgent reply.
I want to ask if I would be paying another sevis fee.
I was denied visa last December and the school helped and differed my admission to Fall 2019, of which I paid every required fee then. Now they are planning to send another F1 to me for my visa application, please am I going to pay another sevis fee??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by zolargeo: 11:29pm On Apr 25, 2019
Hello guys, Please I need urgent reply.
I was denied visa last December and the school helped and differ my admission to Fall 2019, of which I paid every required fee then. Now they are planning to send another F1 to me for my visa application, please am I going to pay another sevis fee??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 11:30pm On Apr 25, 2019
zolargeo:
Hello guys, Please I need an urgent reply.
I was denied visa last December and the school helped and differed my admission to Fall 2019, of which I paid every required fee then. Now they are planning to send another F1 to me for my visa application, please am I going to pay another sevis fee??

SEVIS lasts for one year.

So, if you paid for it within the last one year, you are good to go

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by visiFisiMisi1: 11:56pm On Apr 25, 2019
fairheart:
It is not that

If you want me to be part of those who will help with the SAT registration fee, I'll have to test your preparedness! You'll have to merit it! I will give you a topic to write a 1000-word essay on. If your essay hit my pass mark, you'll earn certain percentage of the registration fee.

Trust me I am in for this...
Even tho 1000 words is numerous but I'll put in my best

Beside that, you have some questions to answer. I did not really understand that part of your explanation for why your Dad is not paying for the SAT fee when, in fact, he's financially sound and makes enough to pay American school tuition.
I'm really short of words per say ... But All i know is he's saying I should get a scholarship he which 'he believes i wouldn't get' (not sure bouh this) which would make me succumb....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Deyemzy(m): 12:08am On Apr 26, 2019
Hi guys.. Is it possible (and wise) to decline a funded offer that was accepted before April 15, for another offer that came in after April 15. Does it have any implication?

Thanks!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by adikatobi: 12:18am On Apr 26, 2019
Hello all, has anyone ever filed refund of Medicare and social security Taxes Withheld in Error while on OPT ? What is the process like and how long does it takes ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by texrem(m): 12:20am On Apr 26, 2019
I am just passing!

Don't derail the thread!

Please, keep the good work.

Fall2019 testimonies! start dropping! smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Scholastica16: 1:10am On Apr 26, 2019
Sheke01,

The 2 posters replying you are one and the same.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kidUrbane: 1:14am On Apr 26, 2019
Hi guys,
I want to know if it’s possible to register for TOEFL in Nigeria without using agents. I tried registering with my Visa card because I read on the TOEFL page that they only accept Visa cards from Nigerians and yet I am unable to make payment. I keep getting an error message after receiving an OTP code that they are unable to process my payment. I would really appreciate information on how I can register for the TOEFL IBT in Nigeria without using agents. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 1:29am On Apr 26, 2019
kidUrbane:
Hi guys,
I want to know if it’s possible to register for TOEFL in Nigeria without using agents. I tried registering with my Visa card because I read on the TOEFL page that they only accept Visa cards from Nigerians and yet I am unable to make payment. I keep getting an error message after receiving an OTP code that they are unable to process my payment. I would really appreciate information on how I can register for the TOEFL IBT in Nigeria without using agents. Thanks.

Don't register it yourself, you will end up paying heavily. Use centres that does the registration, you will get the best rate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by femi312: 1:51am On Apr 26, 2019
Deyemzy:
Hi guys.. Is it possible (and wise) to decline a funded offer that was accepted before April 15, for another offer that came in after April 15. Does it have any implication?

Thanks!!!
Its possible but doesn't speak well of you. However at the end of the day, its your life and only you would know what your dreams are and where you feel it will be achieved. So If I were you I will choose where my heart wants to go so I don't end up regretting later. People have done it before and people will still do it, its life. Just send a good email to whoever you have to inform.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kidUrbane: 1:52am On Apr 26, 2019
Time2win:

Don't register it yourself, you will end up paying heavily. Use centres that does the registration, you will get the best rate.

Hi @Time2win
Thank you for your response. Coming from you, I’d reconsider my stance. Do you have any credible registration center you can suggest? There’s actually a lot of them and the stories I’ve heard are quite disturbing. For instance, I heard some reg centers pay with stolen credit card and I don’t want to be a victim of ignorance or be involved with things of this nature. I’d really appreciate your suggestion. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jossywayne(m): 2:17am On Apr 26, 2019
Anyone here that knows how to pay a Sevis fee in Nigeria should help me out and pass some information to me.

I don’t have anyone aboard, so I intend to pay it by myself here in Nigeria.

Which is the fattest way to pay it and what’s the process to go for it?

Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kendrix69(m): 2:23am On Apr 26, 2019
kidUrbane:

Hi @Time2win
Thank you for your response. Coming from you, I’d reconsider my stance. Do you have any credible registration center you can suggest? There’s actually a lot of them and the stories I’ve heard are quite disturbing. For instance, I heard some reg centers pay with stolen credit card and I don’t want to be a victim of ignorance or be involved with things of this nature. I’d really appreciate your suggestion. Thank you.
Use B.y mafit...they do TOEFL too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kendrix69(m): 2:24am On Apr 26, 2019
jossywayne:
Anyone here that knows how to pay a Sevis fee in Nigeria should help me out and pass some information to me.

I don’t have anyone aboard, so I intend to pay it by myself here in Nigeria.

Which is the fattest way to pay it and what’s the process to go for it?

Thanks!
You can't pay in Nigeria , contact walspring to help you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 2:55am On Apr 26, 2019
Kendrix69:

Use B.y mafit...they do TOEFL too

@kidUrbane. This centre is okay
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by JoeBazz(m): 3:04am On Apr 26, 2019
Thanks for the advice bro. I'm grateful.
bracelum:

Hi,

I think I saw your post earlier. Applied Statistics is a very good course because it leads to different interesting roles in the industry. However, getting that first job might be very difficult especially if you don't have prior experience in analytics, statistical programming and data science.

My worry is your school. I don't think it is wise to take a $50K loan (for 2 academic sessions) to your school in Michigan. If you want to take a loan, take a loan for a school that offers strong on-campus recruitment that improves your chances of landing a job.

The University of Michigan Ann Arbor has a solid data science program. If you want to break the bank for a degree, you should apply next year to that program.

I wish you the very best!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by femi312: 3:15am On Apr 26, 2019
visiFisiMisi1:
Hello Nairaland Family, I have a huge passion in studying in the U.S but financially I'm not okay and it's driving me crazy, I have make researches day and night if there are opportunities or possibly loan i could get and payback. I'm not lazy i would pay back in time but none gave without a cosigner.

The biggest problem I'm having right now is that, It's only me that have interest in this my parent doesn't seems to care about my passion towards this because they believe they don't have the millions and not ready to support my passion

I'm set to take the SAT I've been studying for the exam for the past 4months now but haven't seen any opportunity to register due to financial incapability...

Pls can anyone generous register me for the SAT...I know I might not have anything to reward the person but the God of Favour will favour the person in returns....
I strongly believe, I'll pass the exam with a great grade and qualify for scholarship...
Hmm.. Numerous questions..first, how do you intend to fund your education if peradventure you don't get scholarship (some percentage/nothing)? How do you intend to pay for Visa fee, application fee? Sevis fee? flight? etc. Nothing is 100% certain you can have the sat score and still not get scholarship..There are many variables involved. You know what, we all had dreams and passion to school in the US but sometimes you have to be wise about it. Why can you do your undergrad in Nigeria and then proceed for graduate studies? With a good undergrad degree and grades, securing funding for graduate degree wont be a herculean task.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 3:23am On Apr 26, 2019
JoeBazz:
Thanks for the advice bro. I'm grateful.

You're welcome!

In case you decide to wait for fall 2020 to get into a solid statistics, data science or analytics program, don't hesistate to buzz me privately for tips.

If you decide to go with Michigan Tech, I wish you the very best

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by horlahsunbo225(m): 4:14am On Apr 26, 2019
bracelum:

You're welcome!

In case you decide to wait for fall 2020 to get into a solid statistics, data science or analytics program, don't hesistate to buzz me privately for tips.

If you decide to go with Michigan Tech, I wish you the very best

Hello brother
Pls am a final year computer science student
I'm also into machine learning am current GPA is 4.11 pls can I DM for details of good school for data science. My target is fall 2020
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TheNoble007(m): 4:45am On Apr 26, 2019
My people, nice job going on here. I really appreciate you guys. My eyes have been on Europe, got a couple of admits. However, I have been in correspondence with a professor, the Director of a college program at the City University of New York, and he has offered me a scholarship that will cover my fall tuition only but with also a TA. Their is no full tuition waiver for masters students in the college. Their is nothing yet on the remainder of the semesters. I am quite confused on this. I know that CUNY is a very good school, but I am not ready to run into financial debt or loan. Please what do you guys think ? Thank you all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 4:54am On Apr 26, 2019
horlahsunbo225:

Hello brother
Pls am a final year computer science student
I'm also into machine learning am current GPA is 4.11 pls can I DM for details of good school for data science. My target is fall 2020
Thanks

Yes please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 5:42am On Apr 26, 2019
TheNoble007:
My people, nice job going on here. I really appreciate you guys. My eyes have been on Europe, got a couple of admits. However, I have been in correspondence with a professor, the Director of a college program at the City University of New York, and he has offered me a scholarship that will cover my fall tuition only but with also a TA. Their is no full tuition waiver for masters students in the college. Their is nothing yet on the remainder of the semesters. I am quite confused on this. I know that CUNY is a very good school, but I am not ready to run into financial debt or loan. Please what do you guys think ? Thank you all.

No details about the course or your profile.
Even if you have full tuition waiver with stipends you'll still be broke in NY.

Do you know what it is like surviving in NY?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 5:47am On Apr 26, 2019
Deyemzy:

Thanks!!!

Kindly decline what you need to decline so that the funds can be given to someone else. People are on queue praying for such opportunity.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AgreatMan: 5:54am On Apr 26, 2019
Deyemzy:

Thanks!!!

First of all, I don't even know where this April 15 thing came about, lots of schools out there are yet to make decisions regarding admission n it's way past April 15.

To your question, even if you had already obtained a Visa with School A, you can still change to school B. So change if you want to, it feels awkward but it's a normal thing.

Which two programs are involved? If u care to share, people here might help u make better choices.

I feel like your problem is not whether or not u want to change, perhaps, u r not just sure of whether u should change.

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.