Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,819 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (430) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (793120 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by visiFisiMisi1: 4:48pm On May 05, 2019
fairheart:
You will hear from me soon.
@fairheart I'm still waiting

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by bigboi4real: 4:50pm On May 05, 2019
There's not much to shed other than the fact that I applied to the school and indicated on my application that I want to be considered for funding. The only thing i can advise is to put your best foot forward. Submit your best scores, work hard on the essays and wow them during interviews. Show them why you should be in their school and how that'll help you achieve your goals. The school is pretty generous with funding, so the most difficult part of the process is getting accepted. Your resume should also not be found wanting. Put your best foot there, as well. I wish you all the best!

In case you're wondering benefits of the fellowship, it's full tuition waiver for the two years and monthly stipends.
sirgigs:

Bro. could you please shed more light on the fellowship programme of yours?

sir_gigs2003@yahoo.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by wolex2090: 4:59pm On May 05, 2019
bracelum:

You did not clearly state your question but I'm guessing you are worried about the change of degree based on the "but" statement you used.

Let me give you my 2 cents.

There is absolutely no problems with doing a masters degree that is different from your undergrad. In fact, this is one area I applaud the US educational system because it has a high degree of flexibility. For instance, a lot of Indians that study MS in Computer Science had their undergrads in Engineering or Information Technology. A lot of Chinese students that study MS in Statistics had their undergrads in Economics.

I have even seen BS in Architecture to MS in Computer Science and BS in Psychology to MS in Computer Science too.

So, I see no problems with you choosing a master's degree different from your undergrad.

However, try to make a connection from your undergrad to your work experience and to your master's degree so that the VO will know you are a legit student.

But generally, I don't think you have a problem at all.

Are you sure about this? Most people hear share idea base on experience of those that has already gone for interview..I wish others can shed more light to your opinion.thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 05, 2019
lionlee216:

Boss, didn you pay for expedited processing?
no I didn’t, I only paid the passport fee online (120$) then did a print out of the payment receipt and the passport form which I filled online also and took it to the embassy.

They said the passport would be ready in 3 weeks but I gave them a reason why I needed the passport ASAP, the consular asked them to print it out for me ASAP but they couldn’t get signal from Abuja (bad signal that day) until the next day which they did and gave it to me without paying any extra fee, I even offered the person in charge of printing a tip he refused it (was surprised) this happened last year

Mind u, this was done at the embassy in Spain

I had to travel from Portugal to Spain because the embassy in Portugal does not issue passports
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by texrem(m): 5:42pm On May 05, 2019
TokeOlawunmi:
Hello everyone,
Please for the bank statements, do you think it is better to get like a 6 month account statement or just a statement stating the total amount in the account.

Thank you so much. You guys have been awesome.

six month
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by texrem(m): 5:43pm On May 05, 2019
idris1364:
please i have completed all the process for my masters in the US except the embassy interview. I studied economics in my undergraduate but i have been given admission in masters in industrial management in texas A&M university kingsville.

what do you need?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Moyoskid: 5:46pm On May 05, 2019
is it better to apply to lagos us embassy or Abuja us embassy? which of the two grant visa the most?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by texrem(m): 5:47pm On May 05, 2019
Rehabist27:

Please, I need additional info on this. You mean, one will just do another ds160 form without rescheduling his appointment. I have filled my form before I discovered this thread hence I want to know how to go about it.
Additionally, it is my employer that is sponsoring me, but I don't know if I was asked or filled in the name/personal details of my employer or I put in the name of my firm where I work. It's just that area I'd like to clarify.

Yes. Create another one and go replace it in your profile and reprint the appointment letter.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by texrem(m): 5:49pm On May 05, 2019
Moyoskid:
is it better to apply to lagos us embassy or Abuja us embassy? which of the two grant visa the most?

Just prepare! Its not a matter of who grants visa the most. Its a matter of you proving your studentship!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 5:50pm On May 05, 2019
wolex2090:

Are you sure about this? Most people hear share idea base on experience of those that has already gone for interview..I wish others can shed more light to your opinion.thanks

Hi,

I cannot share information here that is wrong - that is why I comment only on issues I have a very strong knowledge of. I'm not one of those that throw comments on every post here.

You don't need Nairalanders to share their experiences for you to believe that someone can do an MS in Computer Science from a BS in Psychology. Not only Nairalanders are students in the US.

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by texrem(m): 5:53pm On May 05, 2019
I have replied everyone who sent me their transcript. Believe me, they all look good. But work on yourself in passing the message across succinctly to the VO. Pretty sure you guys will do well. I wish you all a successful interview. You will all get the visa IJN. Happy sunday!!!

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 05, 2019
Hey everyone please I need your advice on questions to prepare for and how to go about it when going for an interview in the US embassy for a student visa ...being hearing a lot of stories on people getting declined your advices would help thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by omohakin: 6:15pm On May 05, 2019
Hello house. I just did a calculation. With the muslim fast starting tomorrow and ending 28 or 29 days from now. For those who have choosen 3rd or 4th June for their interview and most likely these dates should be a public holiday. What advice can you give?..an immediate reschedule of date or this holiday wouldn't affect the embassy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Yeechi: 6:36pm On May 05, 2019
Hello..can I use two different SOA for my Visa interview because the SOA I used to apply to the school is from September last year up till February this year and I don't think it's okay to take it for the Visa interview.
texrem:
I have replied everyone who sent me their transcript. Believe me, they all look good. But work on yourself in passing the message across succinctly to the VO. Pretty sure you guys will do well. I wish you all a successful interview. You will all get the visa IJN. Happy sunday!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 6:57pm On May 05, 2019
wolex2090:

If there is no connect in terms of work experience or intense training /certification it is a no no.

The disparity is too much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sharwama(f): 7:01pm On May 05, 2019
Amen! Thank you so much for everything.
texrem:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by beejhay69: 8:55pm On May 05, 2019
TokeOlawunmi:

Thank you so much.
revert ur PM.
Or reach me via my contact. its urgent.
thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by orimahspence: 9:32pm On May 05, 2019
idris1364:
please i have completed all the process for my masters in the US except the embassy interview. I studied economics in my undergraduate but i have been given admission in masters in industrial management in texas A&M university kingsville.

Course Alignment is a very important factor in Visa application, be prepared to tell the connections btw the two or valid reasons why you are switching

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:36pm On May 05, 2019
wolex2090:

Change is constant in life .... the fact that you choose a path 10 years or 5 years ago doesnt mean that the path you have to take for life. Me self i still trying to figure what i will do when i grow up

I think its ok to change path but what is key is been able to express yourself in a very articulate way, why the change and your future goals when asked... hence why it help if youhave work experience or something to relate it to . Once you can do that then you are good to go.

But in an interview if a Vo spot something different and you cannot say why confidently and reasonable then its becomes an issue

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Allylic(f): 11:49pm On May 05, 2019
Hello bosses in the house,
Please help..
A friend of mine is finding it difficult to upload her passport while filling the DS 160 form.she said it keeps displaying this error code; There was a missing or invalid parameter in the request.please what should she do?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Bleuocean: 1:43am On May 06, 2019
hi all,
pls like what time of the day or night does appointment normally comes down or changes so you can book earlier dates.?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lionlee216(m): 2:16am On May 06, 2019
7Alexandre:

If you do expedited, you will definitely get your passport the following day...

I don’t recommend mailing in your passport...

Just visit the Consulate General in person to avoid any confusion...

Will my passport number be the same or a new passport number. Been seeing good deals on flightz online now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 2:28am On May 06, 2019
lionlee216:

Will my passport number be the same or a new passport number. Been seeing good deals on flightz online now.

You and Deal Na 5$6...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sharwama(f): 4:08am On May 06, 2019
Sending love and light to your friend from someone who found uploading her passport photograph extremely challenging as well. The thing suffer suffer me I no lie you, the site just dey speak big big grammar every time, the kin passport e no gree collect. I even run con here come beg for help too sef. Las las, e collect grin
At the end of the day, my experience taught me few things:
1)The site dey craze for daytime sometimes, the madness dey cure as from 12 midnight down, e go be like say dem pour am ice water. I pray she has a personal computer grin
2)Let her ensure she has a strong network connection.
3)Does the passport photograph meet all the standards specified?
4) Is she trying to upload a scanned version or the original soft copy?
I ask because scanning altered my passport quality, it shrunk the size, made it less clear and all that, the site kept rejecting it.
If it's a soft copy, was it sent through WhatsApp/Email or directly to a storage device?
I ask because WhatsApp is the enemy, it compresses pictures, diminishes the quality and all that, except you deliberately send the picture as a DOCUMENT(that way, the quality remains unaltered)
I may not have been able to answer your question or provide the necessary help, but I pray this information would be useful, one way or the other.
At all at all na winch, I dey go sleep grin grin grin

Allylic:
Hello bosses in the house,
Please help..
A friend of mine is finding it difficult to upload her passport while filling the DS 160 form.she said it keeps displaying this error code; There was a missing or invalid parameter in the request.please what should she do?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TokeOlawunmi: 6:12am On May 06, 2019
Hello everyone, I am currently trying to start the processing for my I20 and the person I found to give me the bank statements I need is my Boss In filling the financial certification form, I want to say he is my uncle but he said prefers me saying mentor and isn't comfortable with Uncle. Will a mentor also fly.

What do you think I should do? Please help me

Thank you very much and I will wait for your response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Johnkay101: 6:42am On May 06, 2019
TokeOlawunmi:
Hello everyone, I am currently trying to start the processing for my I20 and the person I found to give me the bank statements I need is my Boss In filling the financial certification form, I want to say he is my uncle but he said prefers me saying mentor and isn't comfortable with Uncle. Will a mentor also fly.

Are you a bot? This question has been addressed before. Why repeating it?

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 6:46am On May 06, 2019
TokeOlawunmi:

Anybody can sponsor you.

The question is,
Why is that person willing to spend a huge amount of money on you?

Refer to him as Mentor if that's what he wants. Be ready to defend why 'your mentor' wants to sponsor your education abroad

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 7:05am On May 06, 2019
All the best of success to people going for interview this week. Come back with the white paper.

Please don't forget to share your Transcript.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ability247(m): 7:09am On May 06, 2019
TokeOlawunmi:

Hmm... that's a tricky one. You will be expected to justify why your "mentor" is supporting you. One person may give it a cursory treatment, another may zero in on just that part of your application. To be honest though, 'mentor' sounds abstract. The qualification for anyone to become your mentor is subjective. So to the VO, why would a random person you adore spend that much on you? But if you cannot do anything about it, then you have to prepare to answer why a mentor with his own family and challenges is choosing to spend thousands of dollars on your education abroad; especially when the money involved is a significant percentage of his bank statement.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ability247(m): 7:15am On May 06, 2019
Moyoskid:

No location is better. So far, I have always been favored in lag. Someone else may have nasty experiences in lag and great ones in abj. Just prepare well, pray and move. Don't worry about location.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Bleuocean: 8:15am On May 06, 2019
any body having issues logging on to the appointment system?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pefuele(m): 8:35am On May 06, 2019
texrem:
Good day,boss.
Boss texrem please help go over what I sent you via mail,sir.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.