Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,703 members, 7,820,456 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (427) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (797343 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 1stdami(m): 6:38am On May 04, 2019
Interesting answer here. Top schools actually call the embassy afterall but they can't force anything on them. This visa approval is definitely all God's favor

https://www.quora.com/My-F1-visa-was-refused-twice-What-can-I-do/answer/Kathryn-Berck-3?ch=3&share=e69d513e&srid=LsUR
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sharwama(f): 7:37am On May 04, 2019
Daddy Texrem already said you are good to go but I really want to commend you for posting an amplified transcript! You worked on what was pointed out, kept things in order and added more substance. Well done!
However, I am not sure about "if the VO is the listening type, you can try to be emotional and talk about your mum"
Like where did that come from shocked
Also what your dad does, that place gave me small headache grin
Conclusively, BREATHE, SMILE, CONVERSE(don't sound like a robot that memorized/internalized these information).
I wish you well my friend, let's go get that visa!!!

Adekunmi28:
hello @sharwama and @texrem check out this new transcript and let me have your opinion please and thanks. Proposed Transcript
VO: tell me about the program you going for?
Me: I’m going for my bachelor’s degree in computer engineering at the University of Idaho
VO: how many schools did you apply to?
Me: 4 schools
VO: name them?
Me: university of Idaho, southern Arkansas University, Park University, and western Illinois University
VO: how many admit?
Me: 3
VO: why u of I?
Me: aside it’s remarkable, and notable achievements, U of I gives opportunities to students to partner with industries to solve real-world problems even before becoming a graduate of the school, by so doing it helps enhance the students experience, also when I looked at the student to faculty ratio I saw it’s of a ratio 15:1 given room for instructors to know each students by their name.
VO: How did you find out about U of I?
Me: I found out while researching about the school on Princeton review, USnews.com and looking at the top 200 research schools in US and their achievements.
VO: tell me about your study plan?
Me: I’ll be studying this course for a duration of 60 months, and few of the courses I’ll be taking are the ECE 101 which is the introduction to computer engineering, ECE 241 which is the Logic circuit lab, and other foundational courses like Math 101, chemistry, and physics and computer science and of course I’ll be focusing more on the communication and the wireless network aspect of the course for my research which is going to be a privilege to work with professor James Frenzel.
VO: tell me about your background?
Me: finished high school
VO: I can see you finished high school 2013 so what have you been doing since then?
Me: after high school I enrolled at a computer school for 4 years where I was groomed by my instructors on how to modify, design and repair computer parts and gadgets, I have also been doing the best I can at my dad’s company in his computer engineering department. Then if he/she is the listening type you can try to be emotional and talk about your mom.
VO: why do you want to study in the United States and not in Nigeria?
Me: Academic experience from a US university is highly valued, and acknowledged around the world, it’s going to give me an advantage, and also a great opportunity whenever and wherever I decide to make use of my certificate when I’m back to Nigeria after my studies in the US.
VO: why this program?
Me: Reason because computer engineering gives access to the future, that in terms of new innovations and creativity, it’s also a course that combines both the knowledge of electrical engineering and software design which gives room for continuous learning and various career paths. It shouldn’t be forgotten that computer engineering as some other areas too which is the coding and cryptography, communication and wireless networks as mentioned above to mention a few and of course the hardware engineering and the software development.
VO: have you been to the US before?
Me: No, because I’ve never had the cause to.
VO: where will you be staying?
Me: I’ll be staying in the school dormitory theophellos hall to be precise.
VO: what will this course do for you?
Me: it will provide me with an adequate knowledge of computer networking, database administration which will help me perform efficiently and effectively while working at my dad’s company here in Nigeria.
VO: who is sponsoring you?
Me: my dad
VO: what does he do?
Me: he’s a chartered accountant and also the CEO of complete hotels limited which consults for top companies’ part of which are park inn by Radisson, preparation of Sops for organizations in the country.
VO: what will you do after your studies?
Me: I’ll be coming back to Nigeria to implement all what I’ve learnt over the years at my dad’s company by making sure I give an efficient and effective output which will help increase the growth of the company, and also I’ll be focusing on the communication and wireless network problems as part of my research and preferable solution to solving the problem here in Nigeria.
VO: I’ll be approving your visa, here’s the white paper and pick up your passport in the next 3 days.
Me: thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by handoffire: 8:16am On May 04, 2019
dodaside:
I'll advice you to print a recent one, at least 1 week prior to your interview date.
Success in your interview!!!

Okay thanks, I will.
Amen �.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adekunmi28(m): 8:27am On May 04, 2019
Thanks a bunch
sharwama:
Daddy Texrem already said you are good to go but I really want to commend you for posting an amplified transcript! You worked on what was pointed out, kept things in order and added more substance. Well done!
However, I am not sure about "if the VO is the listening type, you can try to be emotional and talk about your mum"
Like where did that come from shocked
Also what your dad does, that place gave me small headache grin
Conclusively, BREATHE, SMILE, CONVERSE(don't sound like a robot that memorized/internalized these information).
I wish you well my friend, let's go get that visa!!!

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TheZed(m): 9:00am On May 04, 2019
adekunmi28

In your answer to why U of I, remove the last statement(student to faculty ratio). Add something else instead.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Oasishavenng: 9:33am On May 04, 2019
Time2win:

If you can get a date in May, you can book with it. Bear in mind, the 6 months validity rule before applying.

Hmmm,
Thanks for your reply. At a crossroad now then
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CuteRedd(f): 10:43am On May 04, 2019
Guys/Ladies pls can a different statement of account be used for visa purposes other than the one used for collecting I-20?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Johnolukolade(m): 10:54am On May 04, 2019
CuteRedd:
Guys/Ladies pls can a different statement of account be used for visa purposes other than the one used for collecting I-20?

Provided the name of the statement you used to process the I-20 is not indicated on it.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CuteRedd(f): 11:16am On May 04, 2019
Johnolukolade:

Provided the name of the statement you used to process the I-20 is not indicated on it.
Has there ever been a case of that?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 11:22am On May 04, 2019
CuteRedd:

Yes. Some schools put names of sponsor on i20.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TokeOlawunmi: 11:53am On May 04, 2019
Hello everyone, Please I got admission to gatech, I am currently trying to start the processing for my I20 and the person I found to give me the bank statements I need is my Boss because of the personal relationship I have with him. In filling the financial certification form, how best do you advice that I establish relationship with him. Should I choose him as a family friend or as my Uncle. What would you advice is best for when I would appear at the embassy.

Also, I am worried about the timing cos we are already in may. Do you think if I am able to process in a week, I can still get an inetrview date at the embassy this month. Thank you all.

I am really new to all this. Please assist

Thank you very much and I will wait for your response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sharwama(f): 12:38pm On May 04, 2019
My sponsor's name was boldly written on my I-20 alongside the financial obligations. I hope this answers your question grin grin grin
CuteRedd:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:15pm On May 04, 2019
CuteRedd:

Yeap... some school do this and if they please be consistent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Arebjosh: 1:17pm On May 04, 2019
Good day all.
I would like to seek for answers from u guys,
my academic cost is 11.8m is it compulsory to have exactly DAT amount in d bank statement,or have below DAT because b4 d school resume it must have receive pass d amount. d account is a running account. my interview is on d end of dis month,I need u guys response thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kendrix69(m): 1:21pm On May 04, 2019
sharwama:
My sponsor's name was boldly written on my I-20 alongside the financial obligations. I hope this answers your question grin grin grin
What school was this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Danikal: 1:23pm On May 04, 2019
Hello NLanders..
Has anyone heard of minerva schools at KGI?
It's a new school, accredited though..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sharwama(f): 1:31pm On May 04, 2019
East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, Tennessee, U.S, North America, Earth.
Please let me know if you require additional information grin grin grin

Kendrix69:

What school was this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TokeOlawunmi: 1:49pm On May 04, 2019
Hello everyone, Please I got admission to gatech, I am currently trying to start the processing for my I20 and the person I found to give me the bank statements I need is my Boss because of the personal relationship I have with him. In filling the financial certification form, how best do you advice that I establish a relationship with him. Should I choose him as a family friend or as my Uncle. What would you advice is best for when I would appear at the embassy.

Also, I am worried about the timing cos we are already in may. Do you think if I am able to process in a week, I can still get an interview date at the embassy this month. Thank you all.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Shehuroj: 1:54pm On May 04, 2019
Hello Nairalanders, I am very excited to join this thread. I just got admitted by Rutgers University, The State University of New Jersey-Camden, US for the 2019 fall session. I have started the process of getting my I-20 and schedule interview for visa.
My questions go thus, I intend to go with my family (wife & a daughter), is it advisable to go with my family or go alone while they join later?
What are the possible questions and answers they might ask my wife?

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 1:57pm On May 04, 2019
TokeOlawunmi:
Hello everyone, Please I got admission to gatech, I am currently trying to start the processing for my I20 and the person I found to give me the bank statements I need is my Boss because of the personal relationship I have with him. In filling the financial certification form, how best do you advice that I establish a relationship with him. Should I choose him as a family friend or as my Uncle. What would you advice is best for when I would appear at the embassy.

Also, I am worried about the timing cos we are already in may. Do you think if I am able to process in a week, I can still get an interview date at the embassy this month. Thank you all.

If he is not sponsoring you under the company name as your boss, then you can use him as your uncle. Family friend won't fly at the embassy from my own view. You should ask yourself this question, Why will a family friend sponsor me and what does he stand to gain? A V.O will likely be thinking that way when you tell him/her a family friend is sponsoring me.

As for dates, it fluctuates. If your class is for fall 2019, then there are lots of slots to pick. You don't need to worry about that. Just get your i20 first.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by JoeBazz(m): 2:03pm On May 04, 2019
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kendrix69(m): 2:04pm On May 04, 2019
sharwama:
East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, Tennessee, U.S, North America, Earth.
Please let me know if you require additional information grin grin grin

Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 2:04pm On May 04, 2019
Shehuroj:
Hello Nairalanders, I am very excited to join this thread. I just got admitted by Rutgers University, The State University of New Jersey-Camden, US for the 2019 fall session. I have started the process of getting my I-20 and schedule interview for visa.
My questions go thus, I intend to go with my family (wife & a daughter), is it advisable to go with my family or go alone while they join later?

Thanks

Congrats on your admission, Rutgers university is a good one. It's advisable you go alone and let them join you later. If you have the resources for all your family members, you all can go together and that's if you are going for a PhD program. We have seen testimonies of those that went together and were approved.

They will ask what why she wants to join you and what she will be doing over there. More questions will follow, depending on her answers.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CuteRedd(f): 2:13pm On May 04, 2019
sharwama:
embarassed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TokeOlawunmi: 2:14pm On May 04, 2019
Time2win:

If he is not sponsoring you under the company name as your boss, then you can use him as your uncle. Family friend won't fly at the embassy from my own view. You should ask yourself this question, Why will a family friend sponsor me and what does he stand to gain? A V.O will likely be thinking that way when you tell him/her a family friend is sponsoring me.

As for dates, it fluctuates. If your class is for fall 2019, then there are lots of slots to pick. You don't need to worry about that. Just get your i20 first.

Thank you so much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 3:12pm On May 04, 2019
Shehuroj:

Thanks

Forget about taking your family for now cuz they are your home tie. VO will hardly approve your Visa if you go with your family .

And you should have a good response as to how your wife will cater for the kids on your absence.

As earlier mentioned, your wife can join you on visiting after some months.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 3:17pm On May 04, 2019
Brown2Green:

Forget about taking your family for now cuz they are your home tie. VO will hardly approve your Visa if you go with your family .

And you should have a good response as to how your wife will cater for the kids on your absence.

As earlier mentioned, your wife can join you on visiting after some months.

This visa thing is subjective lol. The V.Os at U.S reasons differently atimes unlike the way we see it. I know three peeps that went with their family last year, they were all approved lol. Though I advise people to go alone and bring their family later. But if you feel you can convince them with your family, go with them. They may approve you and deny them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by James89: 3:23pm On May 04, 2019
If I want to book an interview by the end of this month,can I still get an early or late date for June.an applicant for fall 2019 here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 3:49pm On May 04, 2019
Time2win:

This visa thing is subjective lol. The V.Os at U.S reasons differently atimes unlike the way we see it. I know three peeps that went with their family last year, they were all approved lol. Though I advise people to go alone and bring their family later. But if you feel you can convince them with your family, go with them. They may approve you and deny them.

Ok
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 3:51pm On May 04, 2019
James89:
If I want to book an interview by the end of this month,can I still get an early or late date for June.an applicant for fall 2019 here

People are always shifting interview for one reason or another. Dates will open.

But there is still time for fall so no worries
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by James89: 4:11pm On May 04, 2019
Brown2Green:

People are always shifting interview for one reason or another. Dates will open.

But there is still time for fall so no worries
Thanks so much

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.