Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (794831 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kallowdean(m): 3:43pm On Sep 12, 2018
contact me for rates,
I have paid for people before you.

Aseed:
good day my fellow seekers

please i seriously need help on paying the sevis fees
as my visa interview is closeby

would really appreciate any form of assistance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kallowdean(m): 3:48pm On Sep 12, 2018
I believe you can drop it off at DHL office, make sure all documents are included.
same happened to my friend but his own was that the school did not indicate the funding details on the I-20, but a funding letter was issued by the department.
So, embassy requested that he write the school to put the funding details on the I-20 and the school was contact immediately by my friend and the school did same and issued him a new I-20 this time indicating the funding on the I-20.
So, he returned the I-20 and his passport back to DHL as instructed and his visas was issued cheesy.
we are together now! grin
Good luck to you too!!!

Chidinma1984:
Hello Nairalanders. Hope you are all doing great. I'm really in a confused state right now and need advice. I went for my interview at the embassy and was told that the school has to issue me another I-20 admission letter because the date stated on the current one shows the school has resumed for the semester. Few weeks later I received a mail that my passport was ready for pick up but surprised because my application was still under administrative processing.The school has accepted to send me another but my question is, should i drop off the passport and new I-20 at the Dhl office where it was collected or do i have to schedule another interview( pay another Visa fee)? Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 12, 2018
fabyom:
hello bro. Are there schools with funding in physics PHD. My brother has 4.42/5 Gpa in physics education. Thanks

I'm not familiar with PhD programmes in Physics. However, here's a link to physics graduate programmes in the US (https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-science-schools/physics-rankings). Check them out and see what the funding opportunities are.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kennosklint(m): 5:29pm On Sep 12, 2018
Good day nairalanders, I am planning to travel to the US for schooling and I have SSCE result with my brother as my sponsor. I would love to know how to go about it , like the amount that would be needed for everything to be done, criterias needed and also a good samaritan that would put me through overthere and possibly accommodate me. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kallowdean(m): 5:31pm On Sep 12, 2018
For those in the USA, and especially the Southeast States

I wrote this HTML code for you to monitor the live streaming channel feeds covering the hurricane florence.
Please (A computer or a laptop is recommended to view the code display for you and watch the updates live).
Please, stay safe and if you need any help Dial 911 grin grin grin
Download the below link and watch!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fabyom: 6:13pm On Sep 12, 2018
Timotee:

I'm not familiar with PhD programmes in Physics. However, here's a link to physics graduate programmes in the US (https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-science-schools/physics-rankings). Check them out and see what the funding opportunities are.
Thank you so much bro. God bless you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 7:26pm On Sep 12, 2018
Emusan:

can you list them?
Both graduated and undergraduate!
Please can you be a bit more specific let me know what am doing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by teefolz: 7:40pm On Sep 12, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Emusan(m): 8:02pm On Sep 12, 2018
Flaame:
Please can you be a bit more specific let me know what am doing.

Like applying for a graduate program without those exam or better put help us with the list of programs you know that don't demand for those exam.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kallowdean(m): 8:04pm On Sep 12, 2018
Open topics for WES on google
And visit www.wes.org

teefolz:
Thanks so much. Please how do I go about that?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 8:42pm On Sep 12, 2018
Emusan:

Like applying for a graduate program without those exam or better put help us with the list of programs you know that don't demand for those exam.
Peterudeagha@gmail.com...Inbox
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tunz001(m): 9:42pm On Sep 12, 2018
Good evening,
Please I am in a very big izz.I am applying to a uni in the us as an undergraduate, so the school am applying to,actually requested for the evaluation of my transcript which is actually used WES. I started the evaluation which I paid about $189 and waec sent my transcript which was confirmed on my account,so after sometimes I found out that the money that was paid for the evaluation was withdrawn because it is started on my account that a refund was made,so I reached Wes then I was TLD someone collected the refund.so my dad overlooked that and we paid another $189 then my documents were sent back to waec for verification, so after some abt few weeks of waiting for a reply from waec...I checked my account again only to find out that a refund as been made again..I was really sad..infact I cried all night. Has anyone experienced this?...m jst sick and tired of everything... I can't think straight anymore slf..my dad said he won't pay another oda cash again... Uncles nd aunts please help me out.
N:B: an agent that was introduced to my dad paid the mood(should have done that my self but I got to know about nairaland lately)...and the man is denying that her knows ntin about it..someone should help me out plzz!!!��
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Emusan(m): 9:43pm On Sep 12, 2018
Flaame:
Peterudeagha@gmail.com...Inbox

Someone ask you question here and you said I should inbox you...what if you're the one who opened this thread from part 1
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 4peace4: 10:58pm On Sep 12, 2018
tunz001:
Good evening,
Please I am in a very big izz.I am applying to a uni in the us as an undergraduate, so the school am applying to,actually requested for the evaluation of my transcript which is actually used WES. I started the evaluation which I paid about $189 and waec sent my transcript which was confirmed on my account,so after sometimes I found out that the money that was paid for the evaluation was withdrawn because it is started on my account that a refund was made,so I reached Wes then I was TLD someone collected the refund.so my dad overlooked that and we paid another $189 then my documents were sent back to waec for verification, so after some abt few weeks of waiting for a reply from waec...I checked my account again only to find out that a refund as been made again..I was really sad..infact I cried all night. Has anyone experienced this?...m jst sick and tired of everything... I can't think straight anymore slf..my dad said he won't pay another oda cash again... Uncles nd aunts please help me out.
N:B: an agent that was introduced to my dad paid the mood(should have done that my self but I got to know about nairaland lately)...and the man is denying that her knows ntin about it..someone should help me out plzz!!!��
Your case is impossible what kind of help do you want people to give to you? you've been on this forum since 2017 despite all the warnings about agents you paid deaf ears and went ahead to use one. Since you weren't able to go through this thread painstakingly to learn how will you cope when you get to the states? I'm sorry bro you were just being lazy and the agent made a feast out of it. Last last this your story get as e b as at July you spoke about using WES then you were on this thread now September you are complaining, you got to know about the thread late oga which one we go believe self?

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kfrosh: 11:45pm On Sep 12, 2018
Why are you like this, seriously? The guy is in a big mess already because of his naievity, you need not to add salt to his injury. It's obvious from what he wrote up there that he's new to the whole process. Why not just put him through on possible way out or you think it's everybody out there that knows nairaland the way you do.
Note: He got to know the agent before coming to nairaland.

To the poster, I really do not know the way out of this but going forward, you can send series of mails to WES. Explain all that happened and see if you can open a new account with them which only you will have access to while they block the other account. Just send mails and explain the best possible way.

There's actually no problem without a solution.

4peace4:
Your case is impossible what kind of help do you want people to give to you? you've been on this forum since 2017 despite all the warnings about agents you paid deaf ears and went ahead to use one. Since you weren't able to go through this thread painstakingly to learn how will you cope when you get to the states? I'm sorry bro you were just being lazy and the agent made a feast out of it. Last last this your story get as e b as at July you spoke about using WES then you were on this thread now September you are complaining, you got to know about the thread late oga which one we go believe self?

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 2:37am On Sep 13, 2018
Emusan:

Someone ask you question here and you said I should inbox you...what if you're the one who opened this thread from part 1
Am sorry for trying to help...pls do not be offended sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:37am On Sep 13, 2018
Emusan:

Someone ask you question here and you said I should inbox you... what if you're the one who opened this thread from part 1

grin .....

That information is on Google. Is all up to you to use google and find what you need if you really want it

There is no one who going to list all master courses with school I that requires no test . Do you know how vague and wide that list or research is ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 5:37am On Sep 13, 2018
tunz001:
Good evening,
Please I am in a very big izz.I am applying to a uni in the us as an undergraduate, so the school am applying to,actually requested for the evaluation of my transcript which is actually used WES. I started the evaluation which I paid about $189 and waec sent my transcript which was confirmed on my account,so after....
....N:B: an agent that was introduced to my dad paid the mood(should have done that my self but I got to know about nairaland lately)...and the man is denying that her knows ntin about it..someone should help me out plzz!!!��

Like Kfrosh suggested, your best option is to send WES an email explaining what transpired and the need to create a new account. I will further add that after you send the email to WES, you should call them over the phone. Based on my experience with WES, that works faster than waiting for a response to your email. Wait time varies depending on the time of the day you call them. Also, change your WES account password before you contact WES. Don't despair, it would be sorted out eventually.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by naira0(m): 6:51am On Sep 13, 2018
My e-family,

I'll make this really long because I don't know when next I'll have the time to inspire and educate in this wise.

I had always waited for the day the turn will be mine to share my own interview experience, unfortunately I didn't know I'd be sharing a Delayed Transcript.

I have quite a decent academic profile and had never spared a thought to the incessant allures of US travel. But after enduring a protracted MS program here in Nigeria with it's attendant troubles, I finally yielded to the voice of reason, to go get a quality education in Yankee. Admittedly, I've been an oldie here on Nairaland, but I never knew about the educative section on US Student visa.

Somehow, I took off on a wrong note in April, this year, by contracting an Agent to facilitate the process on my behalf. An attitude of nonchalance on the part of the agent was the pep tonic I needed and prompted me into surfing the net for visa tips. In that process, I discovered this wonderful section. From then on, I took control of proceedings. The only reason I didn't severe relationship with the Agent who is US based, was to let him handle crucial payments and send me the necessary documents: this was a perfect game plan.

Since April until recently, I successfully saw off 5 Threads [Part 10-14], and I must say I've learnt a lot. Not only have I been familiarised with the Visa process, I've been able to glean information concerning life in the US, her stringent immigration policies, and survival tips. To the US hopefuls, I'd advice you to eschew laziness and pay due diligence by digesting info from this section. There is more than enough for you here.

Since April too, I've had to do one or two things to bolster my profile and visa approval chances and this include writing a standardized test (The TOEFL). I was able to convince myself that only a poor showing on the interview day could hamper my chances. This thought alone was enough morale booster during my prep and trust me, I was ready and raring to go for my interview.

My interview date was September 11th and the location was the Abuja US embassy. Things were very orderly there. For people like me who love proper organizational process, Abuja is your best bet. I left my phones in my hotel room. As such, I neither paid to have them stored for me at the venue, nor did I pay attention to those racketeers outside since my documents were complete (of course, coloured documents are not necessary).

My interview details:

What are you going to CMU for: I'm going for my Masters program in Computer Information System. It is for my academic and professional growth.
Why this school: They offer my course as an interdisciplinary program and I'll be able to do Business courses too. The fee was too good to overlook. It's affordable and the same for domestic and international students. Nothing about the student affairs is automated, as they have time to attend to students on a one-on-one basis.
Who is your sponsor: My Dad is my Sponsor. He's a Director of BPRS in the xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Do you have his statement: Yes (I gave her)
So what will you do with this course when you come back: It qualifies me for a promotion into the International Operations Department of my company.
Okay you're working? So are they going to secure your job: Yes, I have a leave permission from them.
Do you have your leave paper: (I checked my file) and then answered, I'm sorry I don't have it here.
How did you know about this school (she didn't wait for answer)...
When did you get your last degree: May 2013
Why is the tuition too low, I haven't seen an American University as low as this: (I wasn't expecting that kinda observation so I responded) It's one of those affordable Uni.
Do they have online courses: Yes they do. They have it Online, Hybrid and Classroom.
So which one are you going for: I went for the classroom option.

After typing a long time, came the pink letter.
Meanwhile, all the interview period, she kept typing away on her system and hardly looked at me. She particularly captured my sponsor account details too. Maybe she was typing the amount into the system. Just maybe...

Please, your inputs to this transcript would be appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:03am On Sep 13, 2018
naira0:
My e-family,

My interview details:

What are you going to CMU for: I'm going for my Masters program in Computer Information System. It is for my academic and professional growth.
Why this school: They offer my course as an interdisciplinary program and I'll be able to do Business courses too. The fee was too good to overlook. It's affordable and the same for domestic and international students. Nothing about the student affairs is automated, as they have time to attend to students on a one-on-one basis..

What school is CMU?... Central Michigan University? Or Carnegie Mellon University ... although Carnegie ain't cheap so most likely not
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by naira0(m): 7:09am On Sep 13, 2018
LagosismyHome:

What school is CMU?... Central Michigan University? Or Carnegie Mellon University ... although Carnegie ain't cheap so most likely not

California Mirarma University
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kfrosh: 7:28am On Sep 13, 2018
Nice write up bro. Sorry for your delay. Though I'm not an expert, still a JJC, but without mincing word Your choice of school played a big role in your denial.

First, I could not get it's ranking on the first page of Google on Usnews. The "deadest" of schools will still give you a Usnews ranking link.

Second, the school was established in 2005.

These two reasons are enough to mar your chances. I might be wrong as I'm not the V.O.

I suggest try to get a better school before reapplying and you should be fine.
naira0:

California Mirarma University
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LearnAndObey: 7:29am On Sep 13, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by teebaxy(m): 7:56am On Sep 13, 2018
Naughtyvirgin:
Spring 2019.
pls i jsut got to know about this... planning to write GRe or gmat exam in d shortest time possible can i make it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by naira0(m): 8:02am On Sep 13, 2018
kfrosh:
Nice write up bro. Sorry for your delay. Though I'm not an expert, still a JJC, but without mincing word Your choice of school played a big role in your denial.

First, I could not get it's ranking on the first page of Google on Usnews. The "deadest" of schools will still give you a Usnews ranking link.

Second, the school was established in 2005.

These two reasons are enough to mar your chances. I might be wrong as I'm not the V.O.

I suggest try to get a better school before reapplying and you should be fine.

The school? Maybe or maybe not.
It was the agent who applied to that school, so I had to accept and work with what I have. But, the school is not as bad as it seems.
I do appreciate your views bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Temisan2015: 8:21am On Sep 13, 2018
Good morning Pals,

I have went for my interview in last month at Lagos Embassy and i was delayed.

it was disappointing show for me and the tension was craxy mehn.

I aint gonna be apportion blame but ensure you already have your documents before you go so you dont panic.

My delayed transcript

Me: Good morning
VO: Where are you going to in the US
Me: Minnesota
VO: Where course
Me: Engineering management
VO: What would this course do for you
Me: It would help me get promotion in my office and i began to stutter, voice shaking and all
VO: Do you work?
Me: Yes
VO: Where do you work?
Me: ......
VO: What is your role there?
Me: Am the HOD of the safety department and i cant remeber the next rubbish i said
the VO was like eh

Then the famous pink paper bla bla.

I just calm down and collected the paper and saw myself out

Now i have defied my admission, for spring and my i20 is ready for pick up

I need help with getting to pay eshipglobal for the shipment.

Somebody please help, i want to re-fire and be prepared better before i go again this time

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 9:03am On Sep 13, 2018
[quote author=naira0 post=71150864][/quote]

Well, reason for your refusal wasn't a surprise. First, your choice of school... the school is a redflag. It will be hard to get visa with that school.
Second, you are going for a program that has an online option. It will be very hard to convince the V.O that you are not trying to immigrate since you can do the same course online and save cost. So look for better school and avoid courses with online option.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kennykolabo: 9:16am On Sep 13, 2018
Sorry to hear this Sir.
IMO, i think the VO doubted you when you told her that you will retain your job after 2 years. She must have thought that with population of over 180M Nigerian, why would a company wait for you for two good years when it is not even certain that you will return to your country of birth after your studies.

She even went further to give you a benefit of doubt to prove to her that your job will be retained as stated in your leave letter but unfortunately, you left such huge document at home and you let her down by not giving her the letter from your employers that assures that your job will be retained upon your arrival to the country.
She must have doubted genuineness of your purpose by thinking that you chose a low tuition institution so you wont pay much and abscond in to thin air upon your arrival in the US without coming back. I may be wrong tho, but that's my opinion.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kennykolabo: 9:17am On Sep 13, 2018
naira0:

The school? Maybe or maybe not.
It was the agent who applied to that school, so I had to accept and work with what I have. But, the school is not as bad as it seems.
I do appreciate your views bro.
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

Sorry to hear this Sir.
IMO, i think the VO doubted you when you told her that you will retain your job after 2 years. She must have thought that with population of over 180M Nigerian, why would a company wait for you for two good years when it is not even certain that you will return to your country of birth after your studies.

She even went further to give you a benefit of doubt to prove to her that your job will be retained as stated in your leave letter but unfortunately, you left such huge document at home and you let her down by not giving her the letter from your employers that assures that your job will be retained upon your arrival to the country.
She must have doubted genuineness of your purpose by thinking that you chose a low tuition institution so you wont pay much and abscond in to thin air upon your arrival in the US without coming back. I may be wrong tho, but that's my opinion.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kennykolabo: 9:28am On Sep 13, 2018
Hello Please who knows / have anyone at Marshall University. I want to ask few questions please.

Also, for prospective student that does not have scholarship/GA or any form of tuition waiver, what is the minimum amount that one/ sponsor must have for SOA to convince a VO

Lastly, is fixed deposit accepted or it must be readily available funds in account.

I will appreciate prompt feedback.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Mohs: 11:02am On Sep 13, 2018
Flaame:
Yes...but what degree do u want?
Masters degree

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.