Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,007 members, 7,810,793 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (793343 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Mohs: 11:03am On Sep 13, 2018
Flaame:
Yes...but what degree do u want?
Masters degree in public administration. Can I know the schools?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AmaSophy: 11:06am On Sep 13, 2018
I have asked before and no-one gave a good response.

Please is it advisable to use a bank statement of a US resident as my sponsor?

US bank statement I mean. I need to be certain on what to do. Please help me ooo. I need meaningful contributions please void of complications.

Thank You!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Mohs: 11:13am On Sep 13, 2018
Hi guys, I graduated with 3.33/5.00 but I was unable to use the WES evaluation. Can anyone help me convert it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Emusan(m): 11:37am On Sep 13, 2018
AmaSophy:

US bank statement I mean. I need to be certain on what to do. Please help me ooo. I need meaningful contributions please void of complications.

Thank You!!!!!!

I think using a US base SOA is even better

That's what I use too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Lamabel: 12:18pm On Sep 13, 2018
Hello People,
I’ve been a silent reader on here for a while and I have gotten a lot of help from here.

Please I am having issues writing my SOP and will love some assistance. Please can anyone send me a sample to olamidembl@gmail.com

Also, is it advisable to use my friend’s email to send my LOR though I will put my lecturers name on it. To rephrase must I send my LOR with an official email?

Finally, my sponsor is my Uncle in the US and a friend said it’s better not to use him as a sponsor because it might lower my chances at the embassy, how true is it?

I look forward to helpful responses. Thank you �
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ogakings: 12:32pm On Sep 13, 2018
Hello, Good morning,
Hope we all are good.
I'm new here and I was introduced by a friend current at Cleveland uni, she said the here made her scale through at the visa interview.

Anyways, let me share my story.
Since 2016, I have been trying to travel to the states through a student visa(F1) but they kept on denying and rejecting me till this moment. In fact the last time I went the VO asked me questions upon answering everything she just said "I apologize for we are not able to issue you the visa at this time please try again and refer your questions to this" she handed me the normal blue coloured paper. I paused and asked her if she can please give me a stronger reason why I was rejected or denied, she said she can't say it's confidential and it's a protocol... I just smiled and said thank you and left... However that last time was the 4th trial and this admission has been given to me since 2016 ....i don't know how to detail my myself about this travel issue... I don't know if I was marked or something else... I have tried Lagos and Abuja embassy, it was fruitless...

Please can someone help me!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:07pm On Sep 13, 2018
naira0:

The school? Maybe or maybe not.
It was the agent who applied to that school, so I had to accept and work with what I have. But, the school is not as bad as it seems.
I do appreciate your views bro.

@bold: It your life not the agent life so really you should have taken ownership of it ............

You been here long enough to know that the school matters as well and should have aimed for a better school .

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Spotlighte: 2:09pm On Sep 13, 2018
AmaSophy:

Thank You!!!!!!
Yes, you can. As long as your sponsor has enough funds in the account for your tuition and cost attendance for 1-2years, you're good to go.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by naira0(m): 2:25pm On Sep 13, 2018
LagosismyHome:

@bold: It your life not the agent life so really you should have taken ownership of it ............

You been here long enough to know that the school matters as well and should have aimed for a better school .

You may need to read my earlier post again where I mentioned that I took charge of the visa process once I came in contact with this student Thread. In fact, I filled and submitted my DS form. Since he had chosen CALMU before I knew about this Thread, the best I could do was work with what I have and get better prepared. CMU may be young but their MBA program has consistently ranked top 10 in San Diego since 2011.
I quite agree that CMU isn't in the league of best/average Unis (no doubt about that), but beside my choice of school, is there any other thing you could deduce from my transcript?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by femi312: 4:08pm On Sep 13, 2018
naira0:

You may need to read my earlier post again where I mentioned that I took charge of the visa process once I came in contact with this student Thread. In fact, I filled and submitted my DS form. Since he had chosen CALMU before I knew about this Thread, the best I could do was work with what I have and get better prepared. CMU may be young but their MBA program has consistently ranked top 10 in San Diego since 2011.
I quite agree that CMU isn't in the league of best/average Unis (no doubt about that), but beside my choice of school, is there any other thing you could deduce from my transcript?
Because it has ranked in top 10 in San diego does not mean its a good program. San Diego is just a city and not even a state so how many mba programs are in the ranking? Limiting the ranking of the program to a city tells you all about it. Even though no one knows the future but I believe going to a school like CMU for MBA is not really a wise decision if you ask me. Additionally, I think the problem is that your program has an online version, every thinking VO will assume why you didnt enrol for the online version. VOs are different, but if I were you I would apply to a better program

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Registra111: 4:42pm On Sep 13, 2018
kallowdean:
is this person a sponsor you already stated in your proof of funding with the school you applied to?
Anybody can sponsor you to college and what matters is your ability to proof the ties between both of you and make sure you are consistent in all document ways you use to show that person's name as your sponsor.
Good luck

Okay.. Thanks a lot...
Actually my dad is the one going to be responsible for paying the fees but his SOA isn't solid enough for now as to take to the embassy, which results to using that of his friends(business)... Since we are not related, what possible ties can I prove?
Meanwhile, sponsors name is not on my i20!!!
cc jelmusboy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ogakings: 4:57pm On Sep 13, 2018
Ubah1:

Well, reason for your refusal wasn't a surprise. First, your choice of school... the school is a redflag. It will be hard to get visa with that school.
Second, you are going for a program that has an online option. It will be very hard to convince the V.O that you are not trying to immigrate since you can do the same course online and save cost. So look for better school and avoid courses with online option.
Ubah1:

Well, reason for your refusal wasn't a surprise. First, your choice of school... the school is a redflag. It will be hard to get visa with that school.
Second, you are going for a program that has an online option. It will be very hard to convince the V.O that you are not trying to immigrate since you can do the same course online and save cost. So look for better school and avoid courses with online option.

Please, is this school equally redflagged McLennan community college tx, and the course bio-engineering and bio-medical(AS). For the while I went for the interview they just ask me about my family and the school alone, in tact more of the family. Those international examination is it compulsory. Must I get my waec evaluated, my waec was 2005 ...what do you think
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by bigfrancis21: 4:57pm On Sep 13, 2018
naira0:

Silly dude cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 13, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by yemiosinbajo: 6:24pm On Sep 13, 2018
coolHeadedBird:
very possible. People are funny. I have been there. I met with someone for SOA, I spelt it out categorically that I dont't want a fake statement cos there would be verification. i even told him the person would be my sponsor that I already have funding, only that it was not captured on my I-20. The school wanted me to appear on campus first before I could be given employment letter, hey felt I might go to another school. I explained all this to the bro and he assured me that no problem. I never knew he didn't have access to the owner of the account until I needed to put my sponsor's email address and phone on my visa application before he told me he couldn't provide that. I was sad but , moved on anyways. my interview went well, interviewing officer only needed my sponsor to confirm the statement with a mail and that's how I got hooked. I could have created an email address to do that, but I didn't want to do anything fraud, I have never been involved in a shady business And knowing fully well they could get every data on the email if they choose to, and that would worsen my case. I was praying cos I knew it could lead to ban. after several emails between I and embassy, I got a refusal with a blue paper that I can reapply.
this is just to caution others that if you don't have direct access to your sponsor, please don't use such statement. Thank you.

I don't get it; are you guys just meeting with random people for bank statements? Isn't bank statement supposed to be something that belongs to your genuine sponsor? Do you just get anybody's bank statement even if it is genuine?

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 13, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 7:27pm On Sep 13, 2018
aduku1:

o...I mean my sponsor have agreed to pay the remaining 19k tuition fee...now my question is that can I survive (living expenses e.g rent and food)while doing on campus job?

It is a very difficult one to say. If you have a friend in the school/city and you both do not mind sharing a room, I suppose you should be able to pay your expense with a campus job. However, the key is to live a very modest life preferable, home cook food since it is lot more cheaper than buying meals on the go.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by whandeykoal(f): 7:40pm On Sep 13, 2018
Good evening everyone.
I have submitted my application and also sent my official transcript from Wes to the graduate school which the graduate school confirmed via email. Just now,i received an email from the graduate school that they didn't receive my official transcript from WES . What can I do please?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 7:41pm On Sep 13, 2018
fabyom:
Please house I need a school that will give my younger brother full funding in physics/Engineering. He had first class in Physics Education.

I will suggest you guide him into how to find a suitable program for him and do the application by himself. Going through the rigors of getting into a good graduate program is a sure step to mental strengthening for the challenges ahead.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fabyom: 7:46pm On Sep 13, 2018
GboyegaD:

I will suggest you guide him into how to find a suitable program for him and do the application by himself. Going through the rigors of getting into a good graduate program is a sure step to mental strengthening for the challenges ahead.
:Thank you bro. This is my little way of guiding him. He wants to do MSC in Engineering but thinking the education in his physics bsc might go against him. Also he needs full funding. He is also doing his part of gathering info and content. Thank you once again bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 7:53pm On Sep 13, 2018
Mohs:
Hi guys, I graduated with 3.33/5.00 but I was unable to use the WES evaluation. Can anyone help me convert it?

Don't stress yourself with the conversion. Just look for a school that takes a minimum of a 2.8/4 and you should be good. At this time, I would suggest you think of ways to make your application competitive enough for the school you settle for. Most importantly, do not rely on the lists of schools you get here as most often than not, we as Nigerians love to imitate others. Use www.usnews.com to find an appropriate school you like and love what they do in your program of study.
I wish you the very best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 7:59pm On Sep 13, 2018
Ogakings:

Please, is this school equally redflagged McLennan community college tx, and the course bio-engineering and bio-medical(AS). For the while I went for the interview they just ask me about my family and the school alone, in tact more of the family. Those international examination is it compulsory. Must I get my waec evaluated, my waec was 2005 ...what do you think

If you finished high school since 2005, there is a very high probability you are older than 23 at this time. Thus, there is a need to convince the VO of your genuine interest in seeking education and not relocating abroad. That said, I would suggest you change your program to a 4year undergraduate program, write and ace both SAT and ACT, and then apply into a Honors Program where you can get a very good funding before you re-apply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 8:02pm On Sep 13, 2018
fabyom:
:Thank you bro. This is my little way of guiding him. He wants to do MSC in Engineering but thinking the education in his physics bsc might go against him. Also he needs full funding. He is also doing his part of gathering info and content. Thank you once again bro

If Engineering is what he wants, let him go for it. The good side from my understanding (I do not have a science/engineering background though) is that Physics relates to most part of Engineering as such, he can find that field where he can merge his physics knowledge with engineering.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Mohs: 8:23pm On Sep 13, 2018
GboyegaD:

Don't stress yourself with the conversion. Just look for a school that takes a minimum of a 2.8/4 and you should be good. At this time, I would suggest you think of ways to make your application competitive enough for the school you settle for. Most importantly, do not rely on the lists of schools you get here as most often than not, we as Nigerians love to imitate others. Use www.usnews.com to find an appropriate school you like and love what they do in your program of study.
I wish you the very best.
Alright. Thanks a lot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kingvicking(m): 8:57pm On Sep 13, 2018
Ubah1:

What's your question? You can ask here.

good evening,
pls my sister went for US students visa interview,
1. after the interview, a white paper with her name was attached to the back of her passport and signed.

2. was told a message will be sent to her mail within two working days

3. she was given a white paper, saying her visa approval needs a further administrative decision, and she will be gotten back to.

what does it mean please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Humble11: 9:08pm On Sep 13, 2018
kingvicking:

good evening,
pls my sister went for US students visa interview,
1. after the interview, a white paper with her name was attached to the back of her passport and signed.

2. was told a message will be sent to her mail within two working days

3. she was given a white paper, saying her visa approval needs a further administrative decision, and she will be gotten back to.

what does it mean please

Was she given her passport back?

Her visa will be approved if they finish the verification of the document they want to do and it turns out genuine
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by generous: 9:46pm On Sep 13, 2018
Good day all,
I applied to schools in the US I av enough funding from my parent and good grade of 4.3cgp from school.. Buh the problem I av is that I stutter naturally .. I don't know any other way to portray confidence in front of the VO since stuttering wld signal lack of confidence and ingenuity... IS there other ways of making the VO see that u r a genuine student?... Any constructive advice wld be appreciated ...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Petersburg94: 10:08pm On Sep 13, 2018
Hello guys (everyone and guru in the house), my friend introduced me to this thread I followed some transcript and I learn some things

I had my interview 6:30am this morning (September 13), after going through the usual checking and stuffs with biometrics​. It was time for interview. I was interview by a woman in window 6 she fresh but doesn't look like she's in her early 20s (that no concern me though)

There's a guy in my front, I heard their conversation it was fine, their interview was 5-7 minutes (wasn't sure but even tey unlike others) but she denied him. I was the next and the second to be interviewed by the woman. There's a guy in Window 7 with headphone with the mic up (maybe e dey listen to music ah no know), he was just denying people going for masters anyhow, his interview​ with each applicant didn't take up to 1 min)

Meanwhile it was late when I discovered the guy that helped me with the stuff did stupid mistake and he didn't ask me, he just put what he liked. I graduated November 2017 but this guy put April and my notification of result indicates November. I called him to give me login details several times but he never did and won't change it, they guy did the stuff just anyhow. So didn't know what to do so I planned if they asked me when I graduated I'll just say 2017

My transcript goes thus:
Me: Good morning, how are you this morning
VO: Good morning (Madam no dey smile)
*scanned my barcode*
VO: Where are you going to in the US?
Me: Stanton University in California
VO: What are you going for?
Me: To further my education in Master of Business Administration and Management
VO: why did you choose this school?
Me: It's one of the best business administration school in California, they only​ have BA for both their Masters and Bachelor's degree so...
*VO cuts in*
Vo: so you mean to tell me you chose the school because they offer the program you want?
Me: No, actually they have an education delivery system of democratic process in which their students comes first and they have a diverse multi ethinics and multi cultural population which is good for business as I'll be able to meet people from...
*VO cuts in* (dunno weytin she dey think that time, she then looked at me)
Me: So you mean you want this school because they are democratic? (she said it with one kind of curiosity funny face or she was annoyed, I wasn't sure)
*For my mind I know I don jonz somehow, is this woman a republican or something, madam ah no dey talk politics na*
Me: No wait, I can explain better
*Vo cuts in*
VO: That doesn't really matters...(don forget weytin she talk after that but it's something like make we free the matter)
VO: When did you graduate?
Me: 2017
VO: What field?
Me: Statistics
Vo: When did you finish your NYSC?
Me: I haven't done NYSC yet because I want to further and by the time I'm done, I'll be coming back to Nigeria for the service and since I'll be taking over my dad's business, he's company would be​ my PPA after 3 weeks camping...
*VO cuts in*
VO: From the date you graduated you should be done with your service by now or still serving...
(I didn't know maybe I should tell her I graduated November, 'cause if it's November it's very feasible 'cause some of my mates are yet to be mobilize by now, so I Sha no talk mama Sha press computer for a while and issue me blue paper e pain me but I just commot Sha)

So I think it's that NYSC thing that turned her off, close to 20 people did before me (people from other queues included) and none was given except one old woman going for visiting, no Masters students was given but that doesn't matter cos I didn't see that could be the reason why I was denied.

I'm thinking of reapplying but I no get interest again for now so I want to defer my admission till another quarter.
My question is; is there​ anything​ wrong with my answer? And when reapplying, can I put the correct date that I graduated which is November 2017 or I should make it April ('cause my notifications of results stated I finished exams (graduated) November 2017 and it was issued March 2018, cos school had issue then so they went on strike that's why it wait till March)

Help me out on this.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kfrosh: 10:39pm On Sep 13, 2018
I remember a guy who was a chronic stammerer get his visa on this forum a couple of months ago. Just prepare well and try to be as natural as you can be. If the V.O notice you stammer, will most likely be more patient with you. This doesn't mean you shouldn't give good response to questions been asked of you.

The guy said he was looking down all through his interview because he was a stammerer and he still got his visa.
generous:
Good day all,
I applied to schools in the US I av enough funding from my parent and good grade of 4.3cgp from school.. Buh the problem I av is that I stutter naturally .. I don't know any other way to portray confidence in front of the VO since stuttering wld signal lack of confidence and ingenuity... IS there other ways of making the VO see that u r a genuine student?... Any constructive advice wld be appreciated ...

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fabyom: 11:10pm On Sep 13, 2018
GboyegaD:

If Engineering is what he wants, let him go for it. The good side from my understanding (I do not have a science/engineering background though) is that Physics relates to most part of Engineering as such, he can find that field where he can merge his physics knowledge with engineering.
Sure, you are absolutely right bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.