Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (484) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (795398 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sharwama(f): 8:43pm On May 22, 2019
My heart goes out to everyone who got hurt in here today. I wish I could hug you right now; you didn't deserve to be "casualties" of a war of words that should never have begun in the first place, a war you neither saw coming nor was "prepared" to fight.
People often say "sticks and stones may break my bones but words would never hurt me". That's not true. Words spoken or written can hurt a lot.
If someone gets hit by a bullet, chances are they'd survive if they get swift medical attention. I mean they could undergo surgery and the bullet could be taken out, right?
But when words hit you, especially hurtful, harsh or bitter remarks, who do you run to? I mean surgeons can't stitch emotional wounds, they can't even see it, to start with.
You are the only one who knows how much it hurts and where exactly it hurts.
Sharwama believes words should be used to build people up and not tear them apart.
She wishes people would be more careful with their choice of words.
It's okay to call a spade a spade but HOW we call it, is also very important. No one has ever died from giving or receiving constructive criticism, maybe we could choose that more often. Maybe we could choose kindness more often. Maybe we could imagine walking in someone else's shoes more often...
Once again, my heart goes out to anyone who got hurt in here today. I'm so sorry. I see you, I wrote this for you my friend.
I hope this gets to you in time, I hope I'm not too late.
May the force be with you!

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olalekank(m): 8:43pm On May 22, 2019
makaba10:

I was denied visa (again) on May 16, 2019 for being desperate.
The VO was already angry. He denied a woman with a teenage boy on wheelchair and another woman who wants to visit his son. He was obviously angry with how the son got into the USA.
VO: (with angry tone) You have applied 3 times, why are you here again.
Me: my research interest has changed, and I also have a tuition scholarship and graduate assistantship.
VO: (pick my I-20 again, read through, type and was a little calm) what did you study in undergraduate
Me: Computer Engineering
VO: what year did you finish
Me: January 2016
VO: You want to go for your Masters after 3 years, so what have you been doing since then.
Me: I did my NYSC for a year, worked at Company A for year, and I am concurrently working at company B.
VO: Do you write any language.
Me: Yes, I work with C# and JavaScript, I use React, Node.js and .NET.
VO: (angrily) Alright, but I will be rejecting you again, the more you apply, the more it shows you are desperate to leave.
Me: I scream oh no, but I pick my stuff and left.
(I applied last year for MS in Software Engineering with no funding, I applied for visa in May 21 and August 4 for Fall 2018, and December 3, 2018 for Spring 2019 all with the same school and program. This year I am going to a different school for MS in Computer Science with a Specialization in Software Engineering with tuition scholarship and Graduate Assistantship covering 75% of the cost with only a deficit of $8500).
Please calm down for the US small

Can you try applying to foreign companies from here in Nigeria?

You could see some willing to employ you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 22, 2019
makaba10:

The VO was already angry. He denied a woman with a teenage boy on wheelchair and another woman who wants to visit his son. He was obviously angry with how the son got into the USA.
Me: my research interest has changed, and I also have a tuition scholarship and graduate assistantship.
VO: (pick my I-20 again, read through, type and was a little calm) what did you study in undergraduate
VO: You want to go for your Masters after 3 years, so what have you been doing since then.
Me: I did my NYSC for a year, worked at Company A for year, and I am concurrently working at company B.
VO: (angrily) Alright, but I will be rejecting you again, the more you apply, the more it shows you are desperate to leave.
(I applied last year for MS in Software Engineering with no funding, I applied for visa in May 21 and August 4 for Fall 2018, and December 3, 2018 for Spring 2019 all with the same school and program. This year I am going to a different school for MS in Computer Science with a Specialization in Software Engineering with tuition scholarship and Graduate Assistantship covering 75% of the cost with only a deficit of $8500).

You are attending a professional program and still talking about research interest. Na you shoot yourself for leg.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:46pm On May 22, 2019
makaba10:

What school ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by makaba10: 8:48pm On May 22, 2019
How is it a professional program?
bracelum:

You are attending a professional program and still talking about research interest. Na you shoot yourself for leg.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by IAMANGELMICHAEL(m): 8:52pm On May 22, 2019
sharwama:
My heart goes out to everyone who got hurt in here today. I wish I could hug you right now; you didn't deserve to be "casualties" of a war of words that should never have begun in the first place, a war you neither saw coming nor was "prepared" to fight.
People often say "sticks and stones may break my bones but words would never hurt me". That's not true. Words spoken or written can hurt a lot.
If someone gets hit by a bullet, chances are they'd survive if they get swift medical attention. I mean they could undergo surgery and the bullet could be taken out, right?
But when words hit you, especially hurtful, harsh or bitter remarks, who do you run to? I mean surgeons can't stitch emotional wounds, they can't even see it, to start with.
Sharwama believes words should be used to build people up and not tear them apart.
It's okay to call a spade a spade but HOW we call it, is also very important. No one has ever died from giving or receiving constructive criticism, maybe we could choose that more often. Maybe we could choose kindness more often. Maybe we could imagine walking in someone else's shoes more often...
Once again, my heart goes out to anyone who got hurt in here today. I'm so sorry. I see you, I wrote this for you my friend.

angry angry embarassed embarassed THANK YOU! MUMMY!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TWoods(m): 8:55pm On May 22, 2019
mykolalekan:

At first, i feel like ignoring your comments and unsubstantiated qoute but on the second thought, I felt i should correct your insinuation and unfounded facts about me otherwise you will continue in your archaic ways in responding to inquiries on this forum in the name of being blunt. It should be known that 99% of Nigerian seeking Visa Approval are potential migrants which you are not exempted. If i have devised F1 Visa to migrate to a greener pasture is purely my decision and none of your concern.

I have a study permit application to Canadian Embassy which is still under process, I am baffled to hear from you that my visa application was refused since 16th of May 2019. I never knew you now work with Canadian embassy for you to have had a first hand information about my denial even without my knowledge. I need a proof about my Visa denial from you for this forum to see that you are just a noise maker trying to seek cheap attention.

I have also seen a lot of people got approval with their family on F1 visa, what makes you conclude that Family is the only ties to home country?Also for you to conclude that I do not have sufficient funds to maintain a decent life in US is very nasty comment to have made and shows how shallow your mentality is. I do not need to expatiate on my financial strength but heaven knows that i can feed and pay your bills conveniently for 2 years.

Yes, I made it know earlier in my post on this forum that I was denied a visiting visa in 2018 which is not a crime, I can conveniently tell you that I have lost count of number of time I have Visited UK with my family.

I will admonish you to control your loose tongue while replying to comments on this forum and always make a constructive arguments.

The decision to lie on your visa application is yours to make. To tell everyone else to keep quiet, when they will ultimately bear the burden for your selfish irresponsibility is silly.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by amb001: 8:55pm On May 22, 2019
sharwama:

AWA 3.5/6 grin

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TWoods(m): 8:57pm On May 22, 2019
fairheart:
Long time Twoods! The last time you and I had misunderstanding here, I told myself I'd not get on any heat conversation with you. I will manage to keep my word. But I must say a few things about the comment below.

You said you're a Christian as if you've to tell people who doesn't know you before they know your faith. You also hit the original poster hard by saying he falsely acknowledge God the visa approval you know nothing about how he started and ended to the point of the approval. How did you know his acknowledgement of God is false? A true Christian would not have used this set of words on another Christian because he reverences his Creator for a success that means a lot to him. Who're you to even quote that part of his post?

Yes, you're right that he did basically everything his counterparts in Europe or Asia would do to get the visa, yet, acknowledging God is something any stable, grateful, happy Christian would have done. And you come out here to hit it as if it's wrong! He owns all the right in heaven and earth to call his approval a "miracle". Is it not a miracle in a country good and genuine people don't get their way (even after hardwork, and doing all the right things the right way) because of the way our situation is? Is it not a miracle that a man from the largest black nation on earth and one of the poorest, is going to the best nation on earth? Is it not a miracle that you, Twoods, got your F1 visa smoothly, which was a huge opportunity that gave you a strong foundation you harnessed to become who you're today? Why not return home and see the difference? Maybe! You even live and eat in a country that even its founding fathers acknowledged God and miracle at one point or the other during the founding phase! I think you don't know what a miracle is!

As for saying he did others disservice, you're also wrong. Blatantly wrong! In fact, you're seeing all these religious stuffs from a broken perspective that you need to fix before you can truly earn the badge to correct others. And you need to fix it, because it's neither helping you nor the people you think this guy has done disservice to.

If you love God with your heart, mind, and soul--as the Christ you said you follow commanded—you'd have known and understand perfectly well that it's every Christian responsibility to reverence God! That is their Creator for Heaven's sake! It's one of our duties if we love God! He has done that and you are trying to call him a bad name. This's the part of your comment that touched me to grab my computer to write.

Some of the students you see on this forum are first-generation! Some of their parents did not get to travel abroad to study. I know a student here who was the first in his entire family—from Dad's and Mom's side--to enter the airplane and travel abroad to study. You will call it nothing because you easily got your visa. But for him, this is a feat—a record his children will live to read and be proud of. How stupid of me would it be if I say he should shut up and sees it as normal? It's not normal! He did great and that's it! He should be thankful to his Creator—even if this student is not righteous or has garment of sin on! How's that your business? How has that done any student here a disservice?

You cannot judge anybody religious/spiritual experience, no matter what you claim to know, the level of your education, age, or the social stigma you claim you're correcting. You're an educated man! Read the history of the country that has bathed you with opportunities you use to have come this far in life. The US was founded by men and women who had strong faith in God and influenced by it. Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Rockefeller, Washington, etc. If 32 years old Thomas Jefferson who's said to have written the Declaration of Independence is here, I'm sure he would be laughing at your comment. The "God factor" was part of his life as it was for others. He prayed and write about "God". This was when America was under the influence of Great Britain. And Thomas was one of the brightest young men of his generation. Read that document bro!

The issue is not God or reverencing Him, because the last time I read the book of Isaiah, it's stated in a chapter and verse I can't remember that, 'We are His witness." And you know what that mean? We have duty to reverence him. He's our Source and Creator! We wouldn't have been here if not for HIM. That's what Emeraldtommy was trying to do! And you miss that part, man! The American founding fathers placed God at the centre of everything while they do their homework—as this student has done prior getting his visa! He's done nothing wrong to deserve this useless comment that you should have assessed thoroughly before posting here.

I have pushed this idea everywhere I go or invited to talk or share my opinion on the state of governance in Nigeria: God will not do for us the things He has given us the abilities to do by ourselves and for ourselves. But if we do what we should do, He's God to help us where and when we reach our limit--if need be! Nigeria is not what it is because Emeraldtommy and other Nigerians perpetuate or live with the perspectives that all it takes is "miracles" for Nigeria to work; Nigeria is what it's because Nigerians abuse religion by hanging on God when and where He wants us to work hard and get things done by ourselves. It's not because we reverence God or admit his presence or believe in miracle! We will still need miracle to build Nigeria anyway! Yes, we must work hard, create, innovate, strategise, breed natural leaders, and do our homework when and where necessary. But we will still need God, prayer and cling on the essentiality of morality to create a nation as great and prosperous as America. Go to China and ask their highly intelligent scientists if they believe in God or a spiritual being or force aiding Creations or at the centre of everything! They will tell you their story. They believe in the assistant of the spiritual realm, which God is centrally behind! I would have been the first to bounce on Emeraldtommy had he said he got his visa due to "all-God, no man duty" bulshhit. He did not do that. He's just happy and grateful to a God who got his back.

If you want to help your home country rewrite its dark story of ineffectiveness, poverty, lawlessness, falsifications, corruption, injustice and more importantly, abuse of religion or faith that has destroyed and wasted our resources and time, do it right. You'll need God's help yourself to do that! In fact, you will get to a point you will wish for a miracle and get it, even as you play the primary role. You gotta accept that God is at the centre of everything, even in the midst of darkness you see many Nigerians groaning in. Get your own perspective about things checked. You've done a lot of disservice to those you claim you wanted to serve with the comment below. I hope that they, too, see where you got it wrong! Have a great day!

When I have more time I hope to respond to you. It seems to me that your understanding of Christianity is terribly flawed. Like many here, you’ve created to yourselves a “god” in your own image... one who blesses fraud and looks away when you bend the rules... while of course claiming to reverence him.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 22, 2019
makaba10:
How is it a professional program?

It has a professional focus and prepares you for the industry. It is not a research-based degree like a PhD and I see no reason for you to mention research interest when you're going for an MS in Software Engineering.

You blew yourself up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 1stdami(m): 9:14pm On May 22, 2019
Our dear shawama as spoken

Sends e-hug back grin

sharwama:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by makaba10: 9:17pm On May 22, 2019
Probably the same misconception the VOs have. There’s thesis or project options.
And people proceed to pursue PhD in Software Engineering.
bracelum:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 1stdami(m): 9:20pm On May 22, 2019
What's the name of this school bro?

makaba10:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 9:24pm On May 22, 2019
bracelum:

It has a professional focus and prepares you for the industry. It is not a research-based degree like a PhD and I see no reason for you to mention research interest when you're going for an MS in Software Engineering.

You blew yourself up

Have you seen a funded professional course before?

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:27pm On May 22, 2019
makaba10:
Probably the same misconception the VOs have. There’s thesis or project options.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:27pm On May 22, 2019
makaba10:

Having a thesis or project option doesn't change the fact that MS in Software Engineering has a professional focus.

And it is your duty to tell the VO that you have plans of pursuing a PhD in Software Engineering as a way to back up the research interest talk- a duty you failed to do. Then, whose fault is it?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 22, 2019
Time2win:

Have you seen a funded professional course before?

Yes I have

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by makaba10: 9:31pm On May 22, 2019
You should read reviews about Software Engineering at University of California, Irvine for instance. It’s completely research oriented with little focus on the industry. The curriculum varies from schools to schools.
bracelum:

You blew yourself up

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by makaba10: 9:35pm On May 22, 2019
Your fault �
bracelum:

Having a thesis or project option doesn't change the fact that MS in Software Engineering has a professional focus.

And it is your duty to tell the VO that you have plans of pursuing a PhD in Software Engineering as a way to back up the research interest talk- a duty you failed to do. Then, whose fault is it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sillysassysally(f): 9:39pm On May 22, 2019
Just curious to know...
Are you a reformed Christian?

TWoods:

When I have more time I hope to respond to you. It seems to me that your understanding of Christianity is terribly flawed. Like many here, you’ve created to yourselves a “god” in your own image... one who blesses fraud and looks away when you bend the rules... while of course claiming to reverence him.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 9:41pm On May 22, 2019
mykolalekan:
I just realized that bastard like you needs to be ignored and not to be taken serious. I rest my case with you.

Not cool.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 22, 2019
makaba10:
You should read reviews about Software Engineering at University of California, Irvine for instance. It’s completely research oriented with little focus on the industry. The curriculum varies from schools to schools.

Keep beating around the bush and dribbling yourself. A simple LinkedIn research would tell you that most graduates of this program find their way into the industry even with the "research-focus" of the program.

I'm not here to debate about professional or research programs. I just wanted to tell you that you screwed yourself up and you don't have to accept it because it doesn't change anything.

If your career goal is research, you have to make it very clear to the VO to avoid them second-guessing. You clearly did not do that and you can't blame the VO for denying you.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by makaba10: 9:56pm On May 22, 2019
You obviously missed his first and last statements.
I have gotten your message, I screwed myself up, and now I cannot go to America again. I want to cry, so now enjoy yourself and face your front.
bracelum:

Keep beating around the bush and dribbling yourself. A simple LinkedIn research would tell you that most graduates of this program find their way into the industry even with the "research-focus" of the program.

I'm not here to debate about professional or research programs. I just wanted to tell you that you screwed yourself up and you don't have to accept it because it doesn't change anything.

If your career goal is research, you have to make it very clear to the VO to avoid them second-guessing. You clearly did not do that and you can't blame the VO for denying you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by shoyoyebiodun(m): 10:01pm On May 22, 2019
mykolalekan:
I just realized that bastard like you needs to be ignored and not to be taken serious. I rest my case with you.

I don't think it should get to this, Calling people names is unfair alot of people have shared their opinion without name calling or verbal abuse.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by shoyoyebiodun(m): 10:03pm On May 22, 2019
makaba10:
I have gotten your message, I screwed myself up, and now I cannot go to America again. I want to cry, so now enjoy yourself and face your front.
bro what's the name of the school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by IAMANGELMICHAEL(m): 10:06pm On May 22, 2019
makaba10:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by IAMANGELMICHAEL(m): 10:07pm On May 22, 2019
makaba10:
Gbas gbos gbas gbos
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 22, 2019
makaba10:

What is my business with you getting visa? Your getting visa or not doesn't affect me in anyway, so why should I be bothered about it?

I'm glad I've informed you about the areas you screwed up. It is now your duty to correct it during your next attempt.

In the next few hours, I won't even remember we had this conversation. So, I don't see how rejoicing over your problem adds anything to my life.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 10:18pm On May 22, 2019
Yes, since you claim you're a Christian, you should know that 'I'm a god'. Because that is who the Master says we all are. I'm a god who sees good in others; a god who respect the sanctity and dignity of another human being--irrespective of their situation; I don't try to pull people down when they need to be pulled up. I don't further cut the wounds I set out to heal; I didn't think nations are built from another man's nation, and come here to say all sort of things about the country that is a part of his identity. Your words and your so-called truth (which is nothing but pathetic and irrational view) don't hold together; you're very confused.

Now that you have a just and better understanding of Christianity, I will be here waiting until you're ready. I have seen many guys like you and, trust me, choose your words very well when you're ready. I am not the type you can mess with. Check my profile and look into my eyes, and tell me what you see. Maybe I could teach you some real life lessons your nasty education did not teach you. I don't condone the childish and bad manners you have displayed here lately.

Don't start a fire you do not have the skills to put off.

TWoods:

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by hansmond93: 10:32pm On May 22, 2019
bracelum:

I respect your input a lot but I think u made a mistake.
He's going for Msc Computer science this year with a focus in Software Engineering.... It's a research MSC because it's Computer science,

And a lot of schools offering Computer Science have a software engineering research laboratory to conduct research in software engineering.... So u can also do research in Software Engineering even though Msc software engineering is a professional Msc.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by amb001: 10:36pm On May 22, 2019
Dear Braceleum and Woods, please i need ur advice.

I have loan letter and SOAs from two uncles, one in naija and the other in the US.

Is that a good combination?

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.